Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident 09:09 - Jan 17 with 7063 viewsPinnerPaul

8 go red, 3 go yellow and not surprisingly none go throw in!

All qualified referees and some of those very experienced and at a decent level.

Its an error clearly and will be marked as such by the observer I'm sure.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 20:50 - Jan 18 with 1200 viewsWatfordR

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 21:33 - Jan 17 by davman

I think it affected Dike more than Barbet to be honest. He looked nervous after that and Yoann beasted him from that point forward.

It was a cowardly shove in the back and should have been a red. Our "nice" players and "nice" staff behaved well, which helped Dike. We all know many, many other teams who would have surrounded the officials to force a decision there...

Remember Rodney Marsh talking about playing up at Anfield years ago for us and being constantly manslaughtered by Tommy Smith. He waited until the ball was up the other end of the pitch, and gave Smith the best right hook he was capable of. Smith didn't even flinch. And Rodney made sure he went nowhere near Smith for the rest of the game.

I think there was a bit of that with Dike's reaction to Barbet's resurrection after murder on Saturday.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 00:47 - Jan 20 with 924 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Not QPR related but a bizarre incident in the Spurs V Leicester game tonight with incredible consciences .
With injury time already started and Spurs down 2 -1 Bergwijn dived in the box and while on the ground was verbally abuse by the LC defender .He jumped up and gave that defender a 2 handed shove into the chest who then proceeded to fall like he was shot .
Bergwijn got a yellow card for the dive but nothing for the aggressive shove then proceeded to score 2 goals in the next 80 seconds or something crazy like that to win it for Spurs.
I would be interested to hearing what RefChat feels about that PinnerPaul please if you can find the time .thanks
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 754 viewsPinnerPaul

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 00:47 - Jan 20 by CLAREMAN1995

Not QPR related but a bizarre incident in the Spurs V Leicester game tonight with incredible consciences .
With injury time already started and Spurs down 2 -1 Bergwijn dived in the box and while on the ground was verbally abuse by the LC defender .He jumped up and gave that defender a 2 handed shove into the chest who then proceeded to fall like he was shot .
Bergwijn got a yellow card for the dive but nothing for the aggressive shove then proceeded to score 2 goals in the next 80 seconds or something crazy like that to win it for Spurs.
I would be interested to hearing what RefChat feels about that PinnerPaul please if you can find the time .thanks

Maybe he got nothing for the dive and the yellow was for the shove?

I'll have a look on RefChat and see if it gets a mention.

Lots of very strong opinions both for and against a red card for Dike now!
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 15:42 - Jan 20 with 660 viewsGaryT

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 17:17 - Jan 18 by derbyhoop

The danger here is that most are wanting decisions made on the consequences, as opposed to the action. Nudging somebody in the back in the middle of the park, probably wouldn't have warranted a card.

Was it serious foul play? Not really?

This is often the case in law. If you fall asleep at the wheel and end up in a ditch you can be charged with careless driving but, instead of ending up in a ditch, if you hit someone head on and kill them, you can be charged with vehicular manslaughter. The problem for me is that a shove in the back in the middle of the pitch is not the same as a shove in the back as you and the person being shoved are heading straight towards the advertising hoardings. I think Dike had enough time to assess the situation and chose to shove Barbet knowing there was a risk of injury and, I'm just guessing here, the refs saw that too and that's why they went 8 red and 3 yellow.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 19:15 - Jan 20 with 526 viewsdachiltern

A blatant and successful assault by Dike. Pillock ref was indicating he saw it as a football incident with the players clashing whilst attempting to shield/get the ball.

Dike made no attempt to play the ball and delay berately and forcefully barged Barbs in the back knowing how close the perimeter wall was.

Disgraceful on the part of the pillock and Dike.

Nearly a week gone by and I’m still having a rant.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 19:27 - Jan 20 with 497 viewsstowmarketrange

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 19:15 - Jan 20 by dachiltern

A blatant and successful assault by Dike. Pillock ref was indicating he saw it as a football incident with the players clashing whilst attempting to shield/get the ball.

Dike made no attempt to play the ball and delay berately and forcefully barged Barbs in the back knowing how close the perimeter wall was.

Disgraceful on the part of the pillock and Dike.

Nearly a week gone by and I’m still having a rant.

Maybe the fa will step in and charge Dike with assault?Then again it is the fa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024