Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident 09:09 - Jan 17 with 7065 viewsPinnerPaul

8 go red, 3 go yellow and not surprisingly none go throw in!

All qualified referees and some of those very experienced and at a decent level.

Its an error clearly and will be marked as such by the observer I'm sure.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:10 - Jan 17 with 3640 viewsNorthernr

Interesting. I would have thought it 3 red and 8 yellow but, like you say, it isn't a throw in.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:14 - Jan 17 with 3603 viewsdmm

It was a bad foul but to give him 8 reds and 3 yellows is a bit harsh.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:22 - Jan 17 with 3551 viewsgazza1

I glad it was not Stroud in the middle for that foul, bedlam springs to mind.........consistency would be nice from referees. As I said in another thread - who knows what is right and wrong nowadays.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:22 - Jan 17 with 3563 viewsozranger

Which comes back to my comment on the other thread. So, Pinner, will this be sent for further observation by the disciplinary committee? Could Dike be punished retrospectively?
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:28 - Jan 17 with 3520 viewsgazza1

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:22 - Jan 17 by ozranger

Which comes back to my comment on the other thread. So, Pinner, will this be sent for further observation by the disciplinary committee? Could Dike be punished retrospectively?

yes he can be retrospectively disciplined.......
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:28 - Jan 17 with 3532 viewspaulhoop2

One thing I don’t get. Why was play stopped completely? It was off the pitch so they usually play on.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 3503 viewsgazza1

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:28 - Jan 17 by paulhoop2

One thing I don’t get. Why was play stopped completely? It was off the pitch so they usually play on.

recon because it was all very close to the touchline......
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:40 - Jan 17 with 3443 viewsnix

Warbs said that the fourth official, who was right by the incident, said it wasn't a foul. I wonder if that influenced the ref as they're all miked together and, if so, maybe it should be the fourth official that gets marked down, not the ref.

Calling it a throw in was just ridiculous. At an absolute minimum it was a clear barge in the back, and therefore a foul. Mystifying.
Login to get fewer ads

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 3416 viewsBlue_Castello

Interesting I was waiting to see Pinners official viewpoint,from where we sit in Ellerslie it looked a foul all day long, it was surely just a matter of what colour card is that type of offence. It was made 10 times worse by Barbet having no room to avoid the head injury and then to add insult to injury Dike punches the air as if it's a game of American Football and he's just sacked the Quarterback, far too much adrenalin for his own good.....
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:57 - Jan 17 with 3387 viewsAntti_Heinola

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:40 - Jan 17 by nix

Warbs said that the fourth official, who was right by the incident, said it wasn't a foul. I wonder if that influenced the ref as they're all miked together and, if so, maybe it should be the fourth official that gets marked down, not the ref.

Calling it a throw in was just ridiculous. At an absolute minimum it was a clear barge in the back, and therefore a foul. Mystifying.

That's an astonishing comment from the 4th official if true.

Bare bones.

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:12 - Jan 17 with 3292 viewsGloryHunter

What about the justification for stopping the game, Pinner?
We've all been frustrated by various oppo players sitting down on the pitch and being "treated" for imaginary ailments, but in Barbet's case, he was already off the pitch, so the treatment wasn't interfering with play, was it?
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:15 - Jan 17 with 3283 viewssilverbirch

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:49 - Jan 17 by Blue_Castello

Interesting I was waiting to see Pinners official viewpoint,from where we sit in Ellerslie it looked a foul all day long, it was surely just a matter of what colour card is that type of offence. It was made 10 times worse by Barbet having no room to avoid the head injury and then to add insult to injury Dike punches the air as if it's a game of American Football and he's just sacked the Quarterback, far too much adrenalin for his own good.....

Rather than celebrating, I thought he was remonstrating because the throw in was given to us.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:22 - Jan 17 with 3237 viewsstowmarketrange

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:12 - Jan 17 by GloryHunter

We've all been frustrated by various oppo players sitting down on the pitch and being "treated" for imaginary ailments, but in Barbet's case, he was already off the pitch, so the treatment wasn't interfering with play, was it?

The officials have a duty of care for the players I think,so in the case of a serious injury like Barbet’s the game should be stopped while he was treated,especially as we lack any sort of room between the pitch and the stands.

We had a fight between 2 girls at my granddaughter’s game a couple of months ago and they were both sent off.Our player collapsed on the sidelines and needed an ambulance,but the ref stopped the game and then abandoned it after a short interval because of her injury.
I guess he did the right thing on Saturday to diffuse the situation,but it was strange that he didn’t think it was a foul though.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:40 - Jan 17 with 3193 viewsdaveB

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:12 - Jan 17 by GloryHunter

I think given how bad the injury looked and he was going to be 4/5 minutes before getting back on or taken off the ref did the right thing in not punishing us having to play with 10 men.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:46 - Jan 17 with 3172 viewsbosh67

I don't think Dikes realised how bad it was when he reacts after the incident. He seemed to react to the ref giving the throw the other way. He definitely wasn't celebrating the tackle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 11:08 - Jan 17 with 3096 viewsozranger

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:22 - Jan 17 by stowmarketrange

The officials have a duty of care for the players I think,so in the case of a serious injury like Barbet’s the game should be stopped while he was treated,especially as we lack any sort of room between the pitch and the stands.

We had a fight between 2 girls at my granddaughter’s game a couple of months ago and they were both sent off.Our player collapsed on the sidelines and needed an ambulance,but the ref stopped the game and then abandoned it after a short interval because of her injury.
I guess he did the right thing on Saturday to diffuse the situation,but it was strange that he didn’t think it was a foul though.

Similarly, I was at a low-level Cup game some seasons back. One keeper's girlfriend was behind him and she was getting it verbally from the away fans. So, the keeper jumped the fence and something untoward took place. One person, and it could have actually been the girlfriend, required significant treatment such that an ambulance was called. This was all off the pitch. The ref halted the game until the ambulance had taken away the person and recommenced after that, with of course the keeper having been sent off.

I believe that if someone is being treated just off the pitch for a serious injury there is a duty of care by the officials such that the game needs to be halted. The ball, and players, can still clamber into that injured player and the medical personnel attending to that person if play was to resume. There is a similarity to rugby where the game continues even with a player being treated on the field until it becomes obvious that play is getting too close to that player.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 11:16 - Jan 17 with 3069 viewsPlanetHonneywood

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:14 - Jan 17 by dmm

It was a bad foul but to give him 8 reds and 3 yellows is a bit harsh.

Outstanding

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 11:20 - Jan 17 with 3047 viewsBlackCrowe

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 10:46 - Jan 17 by bosh67

I don't think Dikes realised how bad it was when he reacts after the incident. He seemed to react to the ref giving the throw the other way. He definitely wasn't celebrating the tackle.

He was smiling and joking with teammates for at least a minute afterwards whilst Barbet was getting treatment.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 2947 viewskensalriser

Not surprised, I thought it was as clear a red as you're likely to see short of something extraordinary like a taekwondo style kick to the head.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 12:49 - Jan 17 with 2856 viewsgazza1

Who knows what he thought, only he will know but I do not think that a fellow professional would have wanted to do that sort of damage to another player. He probably just wanted to give him a 'proper dig' to let him know what to expect.........
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 12:55 - Jan 17 with 2837 viewsthemodfather

it is a red card all day long, imagine of that was bournemouth, the chaos, rolling about, the players getting involved??? imagine it was Barton?
red, red, red. qpr rarely hassle the ref and maybe sometimes we should.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 13:02 - Jan 17 with 2794 viewsDavieQPR

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:57 - Jan 17 by Antti_Heinola

That's an astonishing comment from the 4th official if true.

The fourth officials should remember they are only there for someone for the Managers to shout at and sort out extra time.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 13:18 - Jan 17 with 2769 viewsStainrod

I assume game automatically stopped because its a head injury.

BTW, the fitness of Barbet (especially) as well as Dickie and Dunne has been extraordinary and under-remarked upon. But if Barbet had needed to come off, we presumably would have needed to put Field or Ball at CB. Shows how in Harry-speak we are down to the "bare bones" with Kakay away and Jordi spending more time with the club doctors than his own wife. But interesting in MW's post match comments he seemed to suggest there was no point getting someone in just as back up, they would have to be betting than we currently have.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 14:07 - Jan 17 with 2669 viewsPinnerPaul

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:22 - Jan 17 by ozranger

Not if referee saw it he can't.
RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 14:08 - Jan 17 with 2664 viewsPinnerPaul

RefChat 'Poll' on the Barbet incident on 09:29 - Jan 17 by gazza1

recon because it was all very close to the touchline......

Yep and as I said else where, your match control goes right out of the window making us play with 10 for 5 minutes!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024