Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. 09:09 - Jan 20 with 11525 viewsBostonR

I have a confession - I went to the game last night with a mate (who is a Man Utd fan).

On the game, Brentford played well in the first halve and had some decent chances. In the second halve Utd strolled through them. Brentford looked out on their feet. They can play, but at this level their defence is a mess and would be in the Championship.

The thing that surprised me the most, was the huge amount of Man Utd fans/tourists that were dotted around the ground. I see the attendance was circa 17,000, but there had to be 3/4000 away fans in that ground. It ruined the atmosphere and I have no idea how the Brentford ticketing system works, but if I were a Brentford ST holder I would be furious!

If we do make the promised land, I hope LR remains a fortress. Brentford have got it all wrong and I was surprised there was no trouble last night.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:29 - Jan 20 with 2588 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:13 - Jan 20 by BrianMcCarthy

It's the sycophancy of the interviewer that actually allows Frank to continue with his delusion and results in the hilarity.

I love the way the second half and the three goals conceded are a mere afterthought, barely worth a mention.

I loved it even more Brian as I predicted a 3-1 win for Utd in our prediction league and I won the weekly prize thanks to Ivan toenail getting their consolation goal.I wouldn’t have won if it had finished 3-0.And it put me joint top of the table.I was worried at 0-0 at ht though.Happy days indeed.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:33 - Jan 20 with 2575 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:24 - Jan 20 by kernowhoop

It sounds like a rather awkward blow to have struck, but not one that brings any credit to the club or the individual concerned.

If you take a chance and go in a home stand as an away fan,you have to stay quiet or things like that might happen,and it would do in most grounds in the country.But I’m not condoning the violent option though.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:37 - Jan 20 with 2561 viewsstevec

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:16 - Jan 20 by Konk

It was pretty much the same whenever we played Man Utd or Liverpool. It will be off the scale once the new Riverside opens, as I would expect ticket prices to be seriously high. We’re charging £45 for central seats in the Johnny Haynes stand this season, against the likes of Birmingham, and I think up to £50 when we played Bournemouth, with barely any concession for pensioners and kids. Cheapest tickets are £30 and you pay an extra fiver if you book on the day too. Our walk-up prices have been too high for years and I’m guessing the Riverside will be largely full of tourists and away fans whenever we play one of the 7-8 biggest clubs. Club seem happy to have seats filled and aren’t bothered whether it’s by Fulham fans or not. Very short term policy.

Never knew Fulham prices so high. When are they opening the riverside stand?
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:44 - Jan 20 with 2511 viewsdaveB

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 11:49 - Jan 20 by Northernr

My recollection as a kid in the early 90s was Lower Loft and Ellerslie Road was a bit of a free for all with Man Utd H, and Ellerslie was when Chelsea were at ours. Then around sort of 94/95 time people got fed up with it and they started clamping down and strictly enforcing home fans only, which is how it's been ever since. But I definitely remember Paul Ince scoring at the Loft End and there were cnts openly celebrating it all over the Lower Loft.

was always a lot of away fans in the loft for the big games back in the 80's and 90's.. Probably the family stands fault
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:48 - Jan 20 with 2484 viewswestberksr

my gf lives down the road from the new stadium and having chatted to a few locals on NYE there are lots of neutrals or fans of other clubs that have ST to attend big games and just see Premiership football.

one is a Palarce ST holder and the other is a Manyoo fan whose wife is a Liverpool fan; similar thing happened at Reading when they were in the top flight and it attracted a lot of people who wanted to see all of the top clubs.

not suggesting this is a majority as I'm sure we had plenty of tourists too but certainly will be quite a few.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:50 - Jan 20 with 2482 viewsEastR

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:28 - Jan 20 by BostonR

Delusional!

Yes, Brentford had chances given Utd were so poor in the first halve.

In the second halve, Brentford were awful. Tactically annihilated, awful defending and really unfit.

to paraphrase an excellent tune from one of our own

Three Imaginary Points

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:58 - Jan 20 with 2453 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:13 - Jan 20 by BrianMcCarthy

It's the sycophancy of the interviewer that actually allows Frank to continue with his delusion and results in the hilarity.

I love the way the second half and the three goals conceded are a mere afterthought, barely worth a mention.

And as we said the other day in relation to something else, EVERY match, EVERY league, EVERY Cup, surprise surprise its not 'chances' that count.

"Oh yeah, I know we have to take out chances, all that c***"

Such annoying game football, eh Thomas?!

Oh and the old £70M unused sub, gets a mention, because.............................?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:59]
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:04 - Jan 20 with 2436 viewsNorthernr

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:58 - Jan 20 by PinnerPaul

And as we said the other day in relation to something else, EVERY match, EVERY league, EVERY Cup, surprise surprise its not 'chances' that count.

"Oh yeah, I know we have to take out chances, all that c***"

Such annoying game football, eh Thomas?!

Oh and the old £70M unused sub, gets a mention, because.............................?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:59]

Wasn't an unused sub, he was at a funeral. So that bit has aged well already.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:11 - Jan 20 with 2418 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:04 - Jan 20 by Northernr

Wasn't an unused sub, he was at a funeral. So that bit has aged well already.

Oh dear.

I'm not one for managers bringing up the big club, small club, big wages, small wages, big transfer fees, small transfer fees arguments - MW, amongst many others in football who do it.

Fine for us to mull it over and journos to mention to beat a club with or like in that article just posted, praise us for it, but when managers trot it out, especially after a game, just sounds like one from the excuses book to me.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:34 - Jan 20 with 2360 viewsKonk

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:37 - Jan 20 by stevec

Never knew Fulham prices so high. When are they opening the riverside stand?

Yeah, our walk-up prices have been very high for years. We were wanting £52+ or something stupid to watch our last home against Newcastle a few years ago, when we’d already been relegated for ages. The new stand should be open for the start of next season.

Brentford, us, Brighton - you, if you build a new stadium - all end up with people coming along to watch a PL game, who don’t really care who wins unless it’s the club they actually support playing! Fine in small numbers - you’ll get converts or kids falling in love with the club - but it definitely dilutes the atmosphere. Same as when you’re in a ground half of tourists at the Bernebeu. All extra money for the club, but a shame when genuine supporters are priced-out.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:43 - Jan 20 with 2333 viewsKonk

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:54 - Jan 20 by Northernr

Begrudging respect to Man Utd for recovering from that 2-0 half time deficit.

I know he’s a bit silly, but it’s a joke that VAR didn’t award goals for each of their shots against Man Utd. Some of them looked like they were going in before de Gea handled them. Running around a lot, tackling; if it had been Man Utd doing that in the first-half, there’s no way the ref wouldn’t have awarded them 5-6 bonus goals for trying hard. I Frank is right to be pi ssed-off.

It was bad enough in the Championship, but I expect Brentford we’re hoping for fairer results in the Premier League what with VAR and the so-called Premier League officials. Very disappointing.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:50 - Jan 20 with 2315 viewsLowerloftLad

It's the biggest 0-0 destroying since Scotland won 0-0 Vs England.

He also came out and said brentford would beat Chelsea 9/10times and has already lost twice to them this season.

If there losing 3-1 when your playing well and losing 4-1 away at Southampton when your playing badly that doesn't bow to well really frank.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:57 - Jan 20 with 2287 viewsJuzzie

Boris Johnson should get Frank in PDQ, only person in the country who could save him.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 15:01 - Jan 20 with 2272 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I watched their first few games and posted when the excitement wore off other teams were going to run through that defense and its happening .
Not scoring enough goals either and now on a losing streak it could get pretty tight for them.
Of course the standard at the bottom is pretty poor so I think they will stay clear of the relegation dog fight but who knows it changes week to week.
Rashford scored a sweet goal to be fair he is a shadow of himself so far though
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 15:41 - Jan 20 with 2207 viewskensalriser

Brentford look like favourites to get sucked in to the drain. In poor form and played more games than all the teams below.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 16:46 - Jan 20 with 2080 viewsKonk

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 15:41 - Jan 20 by kensalriser

Brentford look like favourites to get sucked in to the drain. In poor form and played more games than all the teams below.

Unfortunately there are at least three worse teams in the division. They should be fine.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 16:54 - Jan 20 with 2051 viewsdenhamhoop2

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 15:41 - Jan 20 by kensalriser

There are 4 awful teams in the Premiership the Oil Money should ensure Newcastle escape but cannot see the other 3 reaching 30 points. Brentford will stay up this season then they will have to hope 3 teams that come up are worse than them or one of the mid table candidates Southampton Palace Villa Leeds has a bad season
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 16:54 - Jan 20 with 2051 viewsSK_hoops

Catherine of Arrogance.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 17:19 - Jan 20 with 1993 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 14:34 - Jan 20 by Konk

Yeah, our walk-up prices have been very high for years. We were wanting £52+ or something stupid to watch our last home against Newcastle a few years ago, when we’d already been relegated for ages. The new stand should be open for the start of next season.

Brentford, us, Brighton - you, if you build a new stadium - all end up with people coming along to watch a PL game, who don’t really care who wins unless it’s the club they actually support playing! Fine in small numbers - you’ll get converts or kids falling in love with the club - but it definitely dilutes the atmosphere. Same as when you’re in a ground half of tourists at the Bernebeu. All extra money for the club, but a shame when genuine supporters are priced-out.

To echo this, this is how I became a QPR fan. American tourist on a solo trip who wanted to attend an EPL match as a neutral in 2015, and the options were Palace-Hull, Arsenal-Chelsea, and QPR-West Ham. Didn’t even bother with the Arse, and reading up about Loftus Road and the club intrigued me and inspired me to grab a ticket. Rest was history… fell in love with the club, the “proper football ground”, the atmosphere and everything else. Now I scream at my TV/Phone watching all matches on QPR+ or ESPN+.

That said, I’m sort of an odd duck. I’m sure most who venture to Fulham, Brentford and QPR without allegiance to those clubs are there to see other teams or to simply knock “attend an EPL match” off the bucket list.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 18:37 - Jan 20 with 1780 viewsdistortR

QPR 2 - Man U 3 mid 90's,paddock nearly all them, club sold us out. But we always went in the Paddock, so I swapped a seat ticket for a standing one with a tout.

Anyway, some of them kicked off, I was doing quite well til Les scored and I turned round to see what had happened.....
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 19:27 - Jan 20 with 1681 viewsNorthernr

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 17:19 - Jan 20 by EmpireStateRanger

To echo this, this is how I became a QPR fan. American tourist on a solo trip who wanted to attend an EPL match as a neutral in 2015, and the options were Palace-Hull, Arsenal-Chelsea, and QPR-West Ham. Didn’t even bother with the Arse, and reading up about Loftus Road and the club intrigued me and inspired me to grab a ticket. Rest was history… fell in love with the club, the “proper football ground”, the atmosphere and everything else. Now I scream at my TV/Phone watching all matches on QPR+ or ESPN+.

That said, I’m sort of an odd duck. I’m sure most who venture to Fulham, Brentford and QPR without allegiance to those clubs are there to see other teams or to simply knock “attend an EPL match” off the bucket list.

Love this.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 23:01 - Jan 20 with 1445 viewsqueensparker

Brentford are undergoing a real sea change at the moment, their old fan base of happy hardcore nerds from Feltham and real ale old men is being swamped by Chiswick and Richmond types who fancy a bit of top level soccer now they’re good. It’s how they hang onto their moment of glory that will be interesting, but much as it will pain us to admit they’ve played a blinder with their ground, it’s in the area and having been there it can hold an atmosphere. More than we’ve managed with the same opportunity. Loads of kids in Brentford tops around Ealing when I was there the other day.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 23:12 - Jan 20 with 1420 viewsSuperhoop83

He really should be more magnanimous now they've opened up an 8 point gap over United in the Justice League.

Suffering since 1978.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:28 - Jan 21 with 1166 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 23:01 - Jan 20 by queensparker

Brentford are undergoing a real sea change at the moment, their old fan base of happy hardcore nerds from Feltham and real ale old men is being swamped by Chiswick and Richmond types who fancy a bit of top level soccer now they’re good. It’s how they hang onto their moment of glory that will be interesting, but much as it will pain us to admit they’ve played a blinder with their ground, it’s in the area and having been there it can hold an atmosphere. More than we’ve managed with the same opportunity. Loads of kids in Brentford tops around Ealing when I was there the other day.

Yes as a Bee from feltham,not sure about Feltham and nerd connection you are right about the changing fan base.This is inevitable and as much as I have mixed feelings you have to accept you have zero control over your fan base.The new Stadium in my opinion and all my mates who like me have 50 + years under their belts is fantastic for us.The atmosphere,view from your seat,bars and food courts and toilets are first class.Had we not got this stadium I hate to think where we would be now if we were still at GriffinPark.
If this is to be just a one season in the PL I won’t be too disappointed as our stadium will still be full in the championship I note that some on here are saying how poor the bottom 4 and us are apart from Burnley who have loads of problems will still be in top 6 of championship which apart from Fulham is piss poor this season.
I read that some of your fans have stopped going because of the problems in your stadium but at least BostonR loves it.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:02 - Jan 21 with 1108 viewsParkRoyalR

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:28 - Jan 21 by switchingcode

Yes as a Bee from feltham,not sure about Feltham and nerd connection you are right about the changing fan base.This is inevitable and as much as I have mixed feelings you have to accept you have zero control over your fan base.The new Stadium in my opinion and all my mates who like me have 50 + years under their belts is fantastic for us.The atmosphere,view from your seat,bars and food courts and toilets are first class.Had we not got this stadium I hate to think where we would be now if we were still at GriffinPark.
If this is to be just a one season in the PL I won’t be too disappointed as our stadium will still be full in the championship I note that some on here are saying how poor the bottom 4 and us are apart from Burnley who have loads of problems will still be in top 6 of championship which apart from Fulham is piss poor this season.
I read that some of your fans have stopped going because of the problems in your stadium but at least BostonR loves it.

Still full in the championship is a bold prediction from a long-term bees fan considering the target 10,000 fans campaign that was running up to year before last.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024