Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Duke off on loan 18:52 - Jan 20 with 6081 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-midfielder-duke-mckenna-set-for-move

Torquay. I would of thought he could play at a higher level than that,
The Duke off on loan on 19:18 - Jan 20 with 4573 viewsdmm

He definitely needs to play men's football to progress his development.
The Duke off on loan on 19:23 - Jan 20 with 4537 viewsBklynRanger

Same. Good to get him out on loan but can't get my head round that much of a drop in divisions for him.
The Duke off on loan on 19:59 - Jan 20 with 4401 viewsderbyhoop

Bettache went to L2 and only got 10 appearances.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Duke off on loan on 20:22 - Jan 20 with 4289 viewsLogman

With Chair unavailable for the next couple of weeks I would have kept him for a bit. I"m not sure we have any other similar players to come on and run at teams if Willock gets injured.
The Duke off on loan on 20:37 - Jan 20 with 4213 viewsNed_Kennedys

As I reported from the last U23s match SDM looks like the most likely to step up to the 1st team: not sure why Warburton hasn’t had him on the bench most games as he offers a lively option to bring on. Did a very good job against Everton and showed his coolness under pressure when he scored his penalty.

Would’ve thought he could do a job at an EFL team but hope he takes the opportunity to shine at Torquay.
The Duke off on loan on 20:46 - Jan 20 with 4176 viewsdmm

The Duke off on loan on 20:22 - Jan 20 by Logman

With Chair unavailable for the next couple of weeks I would have kept him for a bit. I"m not sure we have any other similar players to come on and run at teams if Willock gets injured.

Thomas was supposed to be cover for the Chair/Willock positions but it's clear Warburton doesn't rate him now.

Warburton seems to want to bring in an ACM this month in which case I'd expect Thomas to go out on loan for the rest of the season.
The Duke off on loan on 20:54 - Jan 20 with 4140 viewsLogman

The Duke off on loan on 20:46 - Jan 20 by dmm

Thomas was supposed to be cover for the Chair/Willock positions but it's clear Warburton doesn't rate him now.

Warburton seems to want to bring in an ACM this month in which case I'd expect Thomas to go out on loan for the rest of the season.

Maybe we will start going with one playmaker and two forwards. Warbuton doesn"t seem wedded to the 3-4-2-1 of late and he seems to want Gray, Dykes and Austin all involved very game.
The Duke off on loan on 20:59 - Jan 20 with 4108 viewsWestonsuperR

The Duke off on loan on 20:54 - Jan 20 by Logman

Maybe we will start going with one playmaker and two forwards. Warbuton doesn"t seem wedded to the 3-4-2-1 of late and he seems to want Gray, Dykes and Austin all involved very game.

With Chair being away the 3421 options are limited so makes sense to make it a 2 up top.
Login to get fewer ads

The Duke off on loan on 21:14 - Jan 20 with 4065 viewsdmm

The Duke off on loan on 20:54 - Jan 20 by Logman

We've played 2 up front for the last 3 games and I too expect we'll do so again on Saturday.
The Duke off on loan on 21:27 - Jan 20 with 4005 viewsdavman

The Duke off on loan on 20:22 - Jan 20 by Logman

Agree, logman. Not sure why this can't wait a couple of weeks instead of running the risk of getting caught short of numbers again...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Duke off on loan on 21:35 - Jan 20 with 3958 viewsDavieQPR

MW's normal philosophy is that their development is better served playing regular first team football somewhere rather than sitting on a bench and getting the odd ten minutes here and then.
The Duke off on loan on 21:47 - Jan 20 with 3927 viewsqueensparker

His mental 10 minute cameo against Everton really made me warm to the lad, hope he’s got a future with us.
The Duke off on loan on 22:30 - Jan 20 with 3788 viewsMrSheen

The Duke off on loan on 21:47 - Jan 20 by queensparker

His mental 10 minute cameo against Everton really made me warm to the lad, hope he’s got a future with us.

Me too. He's not a real youngster, and after tearing around Everton's backline, I thought his pace offered us something different we might have used by now. IWWT.
The Duke off on loan on 00:25 - Jan 21 with 3568 viewsStainrod

Sorry to sound a sceptic but are our current youngsters quite as good as we seem to think:

DMcK - Torquay
Armstrong - ditto - and only made 8 appearances
Betache - Oldham - only made about 10 appearances
Kelman - Gillingham - sent back (albeit their manager was a dinosaur, as at Oldham)
Shopido - Sheffield Wed - 13 games also been injured (so not his fault there)
Masterson - Cambridge United - sent back
(Obvs Bonne has been successful on loan but he was bought for a significant fee so don't think he counts)

These are the recent results of the U23s:
Forest - we lost 3-2
Ipswich - we lost 4-2
Bristol City - we lost 4-3
Middlesbrough - we lost 5-0
etc - our U23s have now lost SIX matches in a row.

I don't think its being negative to start asking what is going on. Are any of the players we are developing any good? We have very finite resources so if these players are not looking promising wd we be better off releasing them (if we can) and getting in cast offs from Prem League academies? (Appreciate several of them are precisely that, but maybe not the right ones?). I know we all want our youth development system to work and Chris Ramsey has done a brilliant job in helping to polish some rough diamonds into genuinely very exciting players.

And don't want to write off the entire crop as it would be greedy to expect more than one or two to come through a year. Perhaps there are one or two gems in there who haven't had a chance to shine yet - but if as I assume the likes of Duke (who tbf I also thought really impressed against Everton in his little cameo) can't interest a single league club I find it baffling that Warbs is being criticised for not giving him a chance. The brutal truth might be that he isn't good enough for league football- at least not yet aged 21.
The Duke off on loan on 00:27 - Jan 21 with 3559 viewsStainrod

Should just add that nothing would give me more pleasure than to be proved completely wrong.
The Duke off on loan on 03:14 - Jan 21 with 3400 viewsLogman

I don"t think there are any knocking on the door but I don"t think that is the fault of the club. I imagine they are doing what they can to get unwanted Premiership U.23s in and in fairness they have taken on quite a few in the recent past (e.g. Adarkwa, Aveiro, Pedder and Ajose just this season).

To make it into the 1st team you have to have a hell of a lot of attributes. I think a lot of our U.23s are good and have potential but there is a limit to what the club can do if they are not quite determined/quick/strong/kinaesthetic enough.
The Duke off on loan on 10:40 - Jan 21 with 3010 viewsfrancisbowles

I think it's possible that some of the National league is played at a better level than the lower division(s) of the football league. There have been one or two players who have dropped out of the FL to increased salaries at the 'lower level' and I think a couple may have jumped from non league to Championship level. There may be others biding their time waiting to see if they can attract offers from our level or the top half of league1.

Many of the National league sides are on a much better financial footing than there league two counterparts. Some of the sides that have come out of that league have performed very well at the 'higher level' eg Forest Green and Sutton Utd.
The Duke off on loan on 11:46 - Jan 21 with 2918 viewspaulhoop2

National league is now pretty much league 3 if you like. Some great teams and players down there i go to Maidenhead United on occasions and the quality of football would put some of the league 2 even league 1 sides to shame. Regarding SDMK I’ve seen a lot of him live at under 23 games and he’s very talented i believe he is a better player than Thomas if given opportunity but as I’ve said before in Warbs we trust.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The Duke off on loan on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 2705 viewsQPROslo

The Duke off on loan on 20:59 - Jan 20 by WestonsuperR

With Chair being away the 3421 options are limited so makes sense to make it a 2 up top.

Gray is off on International duty at the end of the month too, so I can see why Warburton wants to bring in another quality attacking player.
The Duke off on loan on 00:06 - Jan 22 with 2490 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Our loans have seen poor returns this season. The production line is juddering to a halt.

Phil_i_P

The Duke off on loan on 00:25 - Jan 22 with 2458 viewsBoston

Does anyone know if the Duke off Onloan is a Fullers house?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Duke off on loan on 14:10 - Jan 22 with 2276 viewsaston_hoop

Starting for Torquay, will keep an eye on that

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Duke off on loan on 19:44 - Jan 22 with 2162 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/match-reports/altrincham-1-torquay-unit

looks to have done OK on his first start for Torquay.

Interesting to see a couple our our former youngsters also playing for the Gulls - Ali Omar and Joe Felix.
The Duke off on loan on 20:00 - Jan 22 with 2094 viewshantssi

The Duke off on loan on 00:06 - Jan 22 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

Our loans have seen poor returns this season. The production line is juddering to a halt.

Do you ever have anything good to say?
You were on here the other day slagging off big Matt Smith!
The Duke off on loan on 20:37 - Jan 22 with 2026 viewsHastings_Hoops

The Duke off on loan on 00:06 - Jan 22 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

What a bizarre view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024