Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence 08:29 - Jan 21 with 14481 viewsdubaistu

Just to see Clive's face... please!
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bournemouth-and-qpr-plot-moves-to-sig
Tom Lawrence on 13:06 - Jan 21 with 4854 viewshateley_legend

Ability and advanced driving skills aside, my take on Lawrence is that he's a snide, niggly shithouser on the pitch, who hasn't failed to raise my blood pressure with his antics most times he's played against us. It's 100% a no from me.
Tom Lawrence on 13:16 - Jan 21 with 4761 viewsMaggsinho

Tom Lawrence on 13:03 - Jan 21 by loftboy

We probably weren’t in for him, it was a mistake from the journalist.

Yep. Was a joke
Tom Lawrence on 13:33 - Jan 21 with 4652 viewsdmm

Well I know I constantly type 'Millwall' when I mean 'QPR'. It's so easily done.
Tom Lawrence on 13:39 - Jan 21 with 4593 viewsStainrod

Tom Lawrence on 13:06 - Jan 21 by hateley_legend

Ability and advanced driving skills aside, my take on Lawrence is that he's a snide, niggly shithouser on the pitch, who hasn't failed to raise my blood pressure with his antics most times he's played against us. It's 100% a no from me.

A player opposition fans loath because he is niggly and in your faces? Isn't that often one of the hallmarks of an effective player? When you combine that with his dribbling and shooting skills I think that's a pretty effective combination.
Tom Lawrence on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 4407 viewsSuperhoops2808

Tom Lawrence on 12:11 - Jan 21 by Stainrod

The EFL told Derby yesterday that by Feb 1st they had to explain how they would fund themselves for the rest of the season.

So they either need to a) find a buyer or b) conduct a fire sale this transfer window.

Am sure there will still be a fee because regardless of how distressed Derby are, if two or more clubs want him - and he is considered one of the best in this league - then that creates a competitive market.

As mentioned above, I think some are over-thinking our buying model, which is: only buy if its a bargain. Assume this would come down to just how much Bournemouth interest would bump up the price.

Well...

They asked them a week ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59995698
Tom Lawrence on 14:42 - Jan 21 with 4235 viewsStainrod

Tom Lawrence on 14:13 - Jan 21 by Superhoops2808

Well...

They asked them a week ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59995698

My bad if so. Sky reported last night that the ultimatum was earlier yesterday. Anyway, it amounts to the same thing - Derby will have to sell Lawrence if they can't get a buyer in 10 days.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 14:42]
Tom Lawrence on 16:53 - Jan 21 with 3880 viewsderbyhoop

Tom Lawrence on 10:43 - Jan 21 by Northernr

I wouldn't have thought they will be getting a fee for him now. They're absolutely desperate to shift the wage. They'll almost certainly have to pick a portion of it up just to shift him.

Can DCFC administrators afford to pay their players this month?
And for the next 4?

On the field Lawrence has been DCFC's driving force thei season.
Off the field - is he still an @rse or has he grown up?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tom Lawrence on 19:40 - Jan 21 with 3609 viewsToast_R

Tom Lawrence on 11:26 - Jan 21 by DavieQPR

Would he get much more game time here with Chair and Willock.

Is competition for places a bad thing?

Let's face it, scratch beneath the surface and we're in trouble in attacking midfield areas. An injury to Adoma and I think we done.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence on 19:53 - Jan 21 with 3560 viewsBlackCrowe

He's a talent no doubt. Our squad has a likeability rating of at least 8 at the moment which makes our success so far so much more joyous. Don't want that benchmark compromised. So you're welcome if you decide to come TL, but know your place and contribute to the spririt. tks in advance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Tom Lawrence on 20:04 - Jan 21 with 3509 viewsbosh67

I think he's a very good player personally but I can't see him fitting into our wage structure.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tom Lawrence on 21:32 - Jan 21 with 3255 viewshantssi

Tom Lawrence on 19:53 - Jan 21 by BlackCrowe

He's a talent no doubt. Our squad has a likeability rating of at least 8 at the moment which makes our success so far so much more joyous. Don't want that benchmark compromised. So you're welcome if you decide to come TL, but know your place and contribute to the spririt. tks in advance.

Agreed, Kane made a couple of mistakes and was gone!
Tom Lawrence on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 3185 viewsJigsore

has he signed for Forest yet?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Tom Lawrence on 22:24 - Jan 21 with 3044 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tom Lawrence on 21:32 - Jan 21 by hantssi

Agreed, Kane made a couple of mistakes and was gone!

I read this in the voice of Barry Scott.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 22:25]
Tom Lawrence on 22:37 - Jan 21 with 2994 viewsLoftgirl

Tom Lawrence on 16:53 - Jan 21 by derbyhoop

Can DCFC administrators afford to pay their players this month?
And for the next 4?

On the field Lawrence has been DCFC's driving force thei season.
Off the field - is he still an @rse or has he grown up?

I agree with this. My initial knee-jerk reaction was a definite no. He's a wrong un and not anywhere close to the right sort. Once my thoughts were more rational, I wouldn't really want him going to Bournmouth either. As always, I trust MW's and LF's decision. As long as he doesn't give anyone a lift to training.
Tom Lawrence on 23:46 - Jan 21 with 2830 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Tom Lawrence on 13:06 - Jan 21 by hateley_legend

Those kind of players you hate when they play for the opposition but love when they play for you.
Tom Lawrence on 23:48 - Jan 21 with 2824 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 by BAWHoops

Let's put aside for a minute that it's likely bollocks..... But this just isn't the type of signing we make

We rarely sign players in the 26-30 age bracket (Lawrence is 28) as they don't fit our model at all.
In fact if you look at all the permanent signings Warbs has made and their ages in his 3 seasons here only Barbet, De Wijs, Carroll, Moses and Archer fall in that bracket. Everyone else is either under 26 or over 30. We simply don't sign players when they are at their supposed peak as they cost to much, want to much money and tend to have little sell on value

Derby are in administration and Lawrence's contract expires in the summer so it's a recipe for a bargain buy. It's been done to us so just be thankful the boot's on the other foot now.
Tom Lawrence on 08:31 - Jan 22 with 2526 viewsWoodlaneR

Tom Lawrence on 13:05 - Jan 21 by Paddyhoops

Isn't he the bloke who left the scene of an accident with our own Richard keough badly injured in his car!!
Top bloke with top morals. Just the type we need at our club!!

Exactly this. Not that long ago I heard Ruben on the podcast say that a player could be the best around, but if he is the "wrong sort" (or similar, can't remember the exact wording) he wouldn't be for us.
This guy is the wrong sort. He was lucky not to get booted out of Derby. In an alternative set of circumstances he could have killed someone and be inside.
I understand everyone makes mistakes etc..... but this is not your everyday mistake and should be treated as such. Really hope we don't put any of our hard earned in this guys pocket.
Tom Lawrence on 17:31 - Jan 22 with 2117 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He scored again today albeit a consolation in defeat.
Tom Lawrence on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 2066 viewsManinBlack

Lawrence also missed a sitter in the first half which proved costly at the end. I noticed after Morrison got sent off he was back on the pitch at the end of the game to join in the ruck. Surely against rules to return to the pitch having been sent off earlier?
Tom Lawrence on 21:16 - Jan 22 with 1749 viewsGloryHunter

Just watched the Forest vs Derby highlights on Quest. Lawrence missed a sitter, kicked the Forest goalie in the head, had a fight in the nets with the same goalie after his penalty, and still had the motivation to get involved in the final whistle ruck. Is he really "the right sort" for QPR?
Tom Lawrence on 21:17 - Jan 22 with 1739 viewsDWQPR

Just saw the Florist v Derby highlights and Lawrence without doubt deliberately kicked Samba in the head leaving him with a lump the size of a tennis ball on his forehead. Obviously hasn’t changed and seems to have the same human qualities as our friend who has just found gainful employment again looking after the Hitler Youth in North Battersea.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Tom Lawrence on 22:22 - Jan 22 with 1545 viewsDorse

Tom Lawrence on 13:33 - Jan 21 by dmm

Well I know I constantly type 'Millwall' when I mean 'QPR'. It's so easily done.

I know what you mean. I keep accidentally typing 'fcuking arseholes' whenever I try to write Chsea.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tom Lawrence on 22:45 - Jan 22 with 1459 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Tom Lawrence on 22:22 - Jan 22 by Dorse

I know what you mean. I keep accidentally typing 'fcuking arseholes' whenever I try to write Chsea.

That’s not your fault, Dorse. Its your auto-correct, doing its job.
Tom Lawrence on 23:00 - Jan 22 with 1418 viewsLoftgirl

Tom Lawrence on 21:16 - Jan 22 by GloryHunter

Just watched the Forest vs Derby highlights on Quest. Lawrence missed a sitter, kicked the Forest goalie in the head, had a fight in the nets with the same goalie after his penalty, and still had the motivation to get involved in the final whistle ruck. Is he really "the right sort" for QPR?

I watched this live here in Oz. I see Ravel made his usual meaningful contribution.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024