Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence 08:29 - Jan 21 with 14485 viewsdubaistu

Just to see Clive's face... please!
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bournemouth-and-qpr-plot-moves-to-sig
Tom Lawrence on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 3235 viewsNorthernr

Tom Lawrence on 10:41 - Jan 21 by Phildo

He is out of contract in the summer so admins have a choice of a little cash now for him. Suspect he will go elsewhere though.

I wouldn't have thought they will be getting a fee for him now. They're absolutely desperate to shift the wage. They'll almost certainly have to pick a portion of it up just to shift him.
Tom Lawrence on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 3107 viewsDoudou87

Thought he was younger than 28!

If a stupidly savvy deal can be struck taking full advantage of Derbys financial situation then I'm on board. I think it shows real intent, rather than taking a risk on an unproven player at this level and at this crucial point in the season.

Stats so far this season for TL.

22(1) 7 goals 3 assists

If we want to go and raid the league for proven players I'd take a look at John Swift but he'll have premiership suitors and have a hefty fee attached.

Keshi Anderson and Ovie Ejaria are other attacking options, aren't Reading having money problems?

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Tom Lawrence on 11:03 - Jan 21 with 3052 viewsSimplyNico

Tom Lawrence on 10:43 - Jan 21 by Northernr

I wouldn't have thought they will be getting a fee for him now. They're absolutely desperate to shift the wage. They'll almost certainly have to pick a portion of it up just to shift him.

The problem with the Club picking up a portion of the wages is that the administrators will give no indemnity in the event of a failure of the club to pay that portion, and it is looking increasingly likely that Derby are going to the wall.
Tom Lawrence on 11:10 - Jan 21 with 2999 viewsHarbour

Don’t let him park the bus!
Tom Lawrence on 11:11 - Jan 21 with 2997 viewsQPR_Jim

Tom Lawrence on 11:03 - Jan 21 by SimplyNico

The problem with the Club picking up a portion of the wages is that the administrators will give no indemnity in the event of a failure of the club to pay that portion, and it is looking increasingly likely that Derby are going to the wall.

They'd only be covering it for 6 months, so he'd have to agree a wage from his new club that he'd be happy on for the remainder of the contract in any case. Should he decided not to move and stay at Derby for the wages, they could go busy and leave him without a club and a contract anyway. So I can't see a way he doesn't take a pay cut whoever he moves to.
Tom Lawrence on 11:14 - Jan 21 with 2964 viewsToast_R

He scored two great goals against Sheff United last week. Absolutely won Derby that match himself.

Possibly an affordable deal with a promotion bonus thrown in. Don't see him getting much game time at Bournemouth and we could double our money on this Rodders...
Tom Lawrence on 11:17 - Jan 21 with 2932 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tom Lawrence on 10:57 - Jan 21 by Doudou87

Thought he was younger than 28!

If a stupidly savvy deal can be struck taking full advantage of Derbys financial situation then I'm on board. I think it shows real intent, rather than taking a risk on an unproven player at this level and at this crucial point in the season.

Stats so far this season for TL.

22(1) 7 goals 3 assists

If we want to go and raid the league for proven players I'd take a look at John Swift but he'll have premiership suitors and have a hefty fee attached.

Keshi Anderson and Ovie Ejaria are other attacking options, aren't Reading having money problems?

Reading thorough the Hob Nob forum, there seems to be an issue with Ejaria's attitude which may be linked to his being an anti vaxxer who has had Covid at least once and is deemed a potential danger to his team mates. John Swift also seems to have given up too on the pitch and their fans are restless. All speculation of course, but Ejaria certainly hasn't played in a while.
Andy Yiadom might be a good target but is now 30. IMO if we could get Festy Ebosele it could be the jigsaw piece that firmly puts us into contention this season and if not this, then next season should see less worry about that wb position.

The grass is always greener.

Tom Lawrence on 11:26 - Jan 21 with 2855 viewsDavieQPR

Tom Lawrence on 11:14 - Jan 21 by Toast_R

He scored two great goals against Sheff United last week. Absolutely won Derby that match himself.

Possibly an affordable deal with a promotion bonus thrown in. Don't see him getting much game time at Bournemouth and we could double our money on this Rodders...

Would he get much more game time here with Chair and Willock.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence on 11:31 - Jan 21 with 2801 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Tom Lawrence on 11:26 - Jan 21 by DavieQPR

Would he get much more game time here with Chair and Willock.

I think Lawrence would get good game time and would be another excellent attacking option. He could also be used as a striker.
It would help us manage the players game time as we get into the critical second half of the season.
Tom Lawrence on 11:39 - Jan 21 with 2731 viewsNorthernr

Sky say we're about to sign Oli Burke on loan from Sheff Utd so you wouldn't think we'd need both.
Tom Lawrence on 11:45 - Jan 21 with 2674 viewsdaveB

Tom Lawrence on 11:39 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Sky say we're about to sign Oli Burke on loan from Sheff Utd so you wouldn't think we'd need both.

would be odd to sign a winger when we don't play with any
Tom Lawrence on 11:45 - Jan 21 with 2679 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Not sure on this one. Certainly has talent but not sure he will fit in our tight knit unit. Possibly more in the Chair injury than we know.
Tom Lawrence on 11:46 - Jan 21 with 2657 viewsNorthernr

Tom Lawrence on 11:45 - Jan 21 by daveB

would be odd to sign a winger when we don't play with any

I haven't really understood many of the players we've been linked with this Jan tbh with you.
Tom Lawrence on 11:49 - Jan 21 with 2622 viewsLanhoop

There's been some very odd retweeting of ITK's on Twitter this week.
Tom Lawrence on 11:51 - Jan 21 with 2612 viewsNorthernr

This could be a typo - the actual Sky website says Millwall.

How to do a journalism.
Tom Lawrence on 12:11 - Jan 21 with 2467 viewsStainrod

The EFL told Derby yesterday that by Feb 1st they had to explain how they would fund themselves for the rest of the season.

So they either need to a) find a buyer or b) conduct a fire sale this transfer window.

Am sure there will still be a fee because regardless of how distressed Derby are, if two or more clubs want him - and he is considered one of the best in this league - then that creates a competitive market.

As mentioned above, I think some are over-thinking our buying model, which is: only buy if its a bargain. Assume this would come down to just how much Bournemouth interest would bump up the price.
Tom Lawrence on 12:23 - Jan 21 with 2367 viewsJames_Paddocks

Burke to Millwall. It was a Twitter typo. Sky reporter has apologised.
Tom Lawrence on 12:25 - Jan 21 with 2345 viewsPhildo

Tom Lawrence on 12:23 - Jan 21 by James_Paddocks

10 Minute R's career. Glorious.
Tom Lawrence on 12:42 - Jan 21 with 2219 viewsStainrod

Tom Lawrence on 12:25 - Jan 21 by Phildo

Makes Clive Allen's stint at Arsenal worthy of a testimonial
Tom Lawrence on 12:43 - Jan 21 with 2216 viewsDorse

Tom Lawrence on 12:25 - Jan 21 by Phildo

Forever (not) Rs

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tom Lawrence on 12:46 - Jan 21 with 2173 viewsdublinr

I wonder if Forest could find room for Lawrence?

Tom Lawrence on 12:58 - Jan 21 with 2055 viewsMaggsinho

Tom Lawrence on 12:23 - Jan 21 by James_Paddocks

I’m furious that the club didn’t manage to pull this off and the lack of ambition it shows on our part.
Tom Lawrence on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 2009 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Tom Lawrence on 12:58 - Jan 21 by Maggsinho

I’m furious that the club didn’t manage to pull this off and the lack of ambition it shows on our part.

I’d already earmarked him as our next Dave Bardsley

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Tom Lawrence on 13:03 - Jan 21 with 2004 viewsloftboy

Tom Lawrence on 12:58 - Jan 21 by Maggsinho

We probably weren’t in for him, it was a mistake from the journalist.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tom Lawrence on 13:05 - Jan 21 with 1981 viewsPaddyhoops

Isn't he the bloke who left the scene of an accident with our own Richard keough badly injured in his car!!
Top bloke with top morals. Just the type we need at our club!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024