Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving a legacy 13:25 - Jan 21 with 2492 viewsJPC

I meant to write this as a post in the aftermath of the West Brom game...

I've been supporting us since the mid 70s, and am well versed in the ups (a few) and downs (more) that goes with the territory.
10-11 years ago I started taking my 2 boys to matches, and it's fair to say that they haven't always been willing participants - the youngest recently admitted that he used to hate the football and only really enjoyed the pre-game burgers etc.
They did enjoy Zamora day, but hated the following season, probably as much as I did.
Over the last 2 -3 years though, they've started to see what it's all about - I probably hadn't really thought about it much from their perspective, but the whole thing now seems much more enjoyable, with players that they seem to really relate to (Eze was a particular favourite) and they now seem to think of our team in the same way that I think of the teams in the 70s and 80s.
Last week-end was I think the point of no return - at the end of the game, the unthinkable happened - My youngest pulled me back as I was heading for the exit after the game and asked whether we could stay and cheer the team off the pitch. He then asked if we could go to the next away game - his first! My job is done
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 15:20]
Leaving a legacy on 13:28 - Jan 21 with 2451 viewsenfieldargh

Well done you now need to get a family rail card to help with the travelling expenses.

You just gota love the R's

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Leaving a legacy on 13:44 - Jan 21 with 2363 viewstoboboly

It is better to live one hour as a lion than a 100 years as a sheep.

This is our hour.

edit: You make not look like a winning team, but you are one
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 13:51]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Leaving a legacy on 13:45 - Jan 21 with 2370 viewsParkRoyalR

Superb post, supporting since late 70's, so many reasons why I enjoyed that WBA game more than many other in recent memory (even before late winner), and likewise Ebere Eze made a huge difference to going to the R's for me (actually started going out of enjoying the football and not just blind loyalty / meeting pals), players who wear the shirt with pride and actually take the time to have a chat when you bump into them after an away game deserve our support.
Leaving a legacy on 13:47 - Jan 21 with 2343 viewsJames_Paddocks

I'm 36, but feel like a 10 year old again following this team.
Leaving a legacy on 13:58 - Jan 21 with 2270 viewsJPC

Leaving a legacy on 13:44 - Jan 21 by toboboly

It is better to live one hour as a lion than a 100 years as a sheep.

This is our hour.

edit: You make not look like a winning team, but you are one
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 13:51]

Funnily enough, one of the few things I enjoyed in the Mark Hughes era was when they played that clip before the games - felt pretty much right on the money in terms of the situation we were in
Leaving a legacy on 15:09 - Jan 21 with 2132 viewsqprmarkoct1966

What a great post ! This is what it is all about , four generations of my family and my grandson will be the fifth , there is no choice. My two sons have left home and we get together at every home game and away when we can , its a rights of passage. My first game was in 1966 and like the rest of us have seen plenty of shit but the great games when they come around is what matters. The club is unique , and all my family bloody well know it.
Leaving a legacy on 17:00 - Jan 21 with 1975 viewsnix

Well done JPC. Excellent work.

I've given birth to two QPR fans and now have a prospective daughter in law who's also showing an interest. The only time the 17 year old gives me a hug these days is when we score, so I enjoyed the Rotherham game as the penalties were mad.

I'm hoping to see a third generation fan one day!

I love the fact that their mates are also QPR, Fulham or Brentford fans and not Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool.
Leaving a legacy on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 1838 viewsWEAREAWFUL

i,ve been watching rangers since 1965 and reading this forum for the last 10 years, and without a doubt this is the most wokey puke inducing thread title i have seen in all that time. well done mate
Login to get fewer ads

Leaving a legacy on 22:36 - Jan 21 with 1814 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leaving a legacy on 22:30 - Jan 21 by WEAREAWFUL

i,ve been watching rangers since 1965 and reading this forum for the last 10 years, and without a doubt this is the most wokey puke inducing thread title i have seen in all that time. well done mate

Leaving a legacy on 22:47 - Jan 21 with 1789 viewsqueensparker

Brilliant post, my kids are 5 and 7 and looking forward to their journey!

I really do think Eze was a big part in winning over the young kids, he was a proper superstar, had all the silky skills kids love, someone they could boast about to their mates, sold for huge money and most importantly of all, he was quality on FIFA.
Leaving a legacy on 00:59 - Jan 22 with 1694 viewsPunteR

Leaving a legacy on 22:47 - Jan 21 by queensparker

Brilliant post, my kids are 5 and 7 and looking forward to their journey!

I really do think Eze was a big part in winning over the young kids, he was a proper superstar, had all the silky skills kids love, someone they could boast about to their mates, sold for huge money and most importantly of all, he was quality on FIFA.

and most importantly of all, he was quality on FIFA.

Haha.. this.about Eze is spot on.

Yeh it's great new generation of fans are switching on to what the club is about.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Leaving a legacy on 01:04 - Jan 22 with 1671 viewsPunteR

Leaving a legacy on 22:30 - Jan 21 by WEAREAWFUL

I've been reading this forum for over 10 years as well and it definitely isn't the most wokey thread title..lol
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 1:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024