Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious business - Preview 12:03 - Jan 25 with 2085 viewsNorthernr

Serious business - Preview 25th Jan 2022 12:01
QPR made it four away wins on the bounce in what felt like a big moment at Coventry on Saturday, and now hope to cement their position at the top end of the Championship with a home game in hand against Swansea. 10

Serious business - Preview on 12:29 - Jan 25 with 1957 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive - I would replace the word "diplomatically" with "disgracefully" regarding the referee switch.

Manager gets fined for comments but gets to, in effect, decide he doesn't want that ref again.

Nonsense, especially at this level, when he's hardly likely to follow him back to the car park afterwards, a la Sunday league!
Serious business - Preview on 12:47 - Jan 25 with 1891 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive for a terrific preview.

In light of the referee switch following Pearson's comments, I hope we benefit from similar treatment by the EFL and don't have to suffer Stroud again this season.
Serious business - Preview on 12:50 - Jan 25 with 1881 viewsFrankRightguard

Serious business - Preview on 12:29 - Jan 25 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Clive - I would replace the word "diplomatically" with "disgracefully" regarding the referee switch.

Manager gets fined for comments but gets to, in effect, decide he doesn't want that ref again.

Nonsense, especially at this level, when he's hardly likely to follow him back to the car park afterwards, a la Sunday league!

Did I read that after that Bristol City game the ref got back to his car to find two Bristol City fans sat on it giving him grief?
Serious business - Preview on 12:57 - Jan 25 with 1852 viewsNorthernr

Serious business - Preview on 12:50 - Jan 25 by FrankRightguard

Did I read that after that Bristol City game the ref got back to his car to find two Bristol City fans sat on it giving him grief?

This is true yes, which must have been pretty scary whatever had gone on in a poxy football match.
Serious business - Preview on 13:38 - Jan 25 with 1700 viewsNorthernr

Serious business - Preview on 12:29 - Jan 25 by PinnerPaul

I’m torn on this. Managers shouldn’t be allowed to pick and choose referees, we agree. But I didn’t think giving Stroud our Bournemouth game so soon after what happened v Sunderland was a shrewd idea, and I think you’re inviting trouble giving Davies straight back to Bristol city so quickly. Pearson’s hearing was literally last week. Refereeing is tough enough without adding baggage.
Serious business - Preview on 14:11 - Jan 25 with 1595 viewseastside_r

Whilst it is great to be looking at play-off spots and promotion rivals, I would like to point out that games-wise we are only just over halfway through the season.

I don’t wish to across as a doom and gloomer, so I will add that I am also starting to get a little (too) excited!
Serious business - Preview on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 1532 viewsTheChef

Serious business - Preview on 13:38 - Jan 25 by Northernr

I’m torn on this. Managers shouldn’t be allowed to pick and choose referees, we agree. But I didn’t think giving Stroud our Bournemouth game so soon after what happened v Sunderland was a shrewd idea, and I think you’re inviting trouble giving Davies straight back to Bristol city so quickly. Pearson’s hearing was literally last week. Refereeing is tough enough without adding baggage.

Yeah I was quite amazed when I read that, have the EFL done this before?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Serious business - Preview on 15:35 - Jan 25 with 1372 viewsterryb

I've reached the stage where I don't expect to be enjoying many more games this season!

We're at the point where the result is all that matters & a scrappy undeserved win will be regarded by me as wonderful. It will also be harder for the players as they will be determined not to make the mistake that costs us, rather than risking the pass to win the game. I don't include Willock, Chair or Adomah in that!

Even in 2011 we didn't outplay many teams in the second half of the season. The swashbuckling side of the start of the season was rarely seen & I think this may be the case this year.

I do think we have enough in this squad though to be able to ground out points when required & at times to put our opponents to the sword with free flowing football.

COME ON MY TEAM!
Login to get fewer ads

Serious business - Preview on 16:06 - Jan 25 with 1261 viewssimmo

There's nothing worse than a game that matters, and it feels like they all matter now.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Serious business - Preview on 16:52 - Jan 25 with 1116 viewsOldPedro

I don't think the same referee should by allowed to ref both league games between the same two sides anyway

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Serious business - Preview on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

Can see that, but the flip side is create enough fuss and you don't get that referee - seems a dangerous path to go down to me.
Serious business - Preview on 10:04 - Jan 26 with 584 viewsPinnerPaul

Serious business - Preview on 16:52 - Jan 25 by OldPedro

I don't think the same referee should by allowed to ref both league games between the same two sides anyway

Why?
Serious business - Preview on 12:39 - Jan 26 with 533 viewsterryb

Serious business - Preview on 10:04 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

Why?

Whether you like it or not, any official will remember incidents from the first game & won't be able to stop being influenced by them. It may only be sub-consious, but it is human nature.

Perceptibility is another reason. If the referee has been accused of bias in the first match (a very rare event of that being fact) he is being left open to the same accusations. Be it from the same side or their opponents getting upset that he "addressed the balance".

It's not quite the same, but if I was to appeal against a court's decision, I wouldn't expect it to be heard by the same judge as what ruled against me. An extreme comparison I know, but the same matter of principle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024