Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline day thread 16:25 - Jan 25 with 73625 viewsNorthernr

May as well try and keep all this together for the next week.

Demebele withdrawn from Peterborough squad ahead of possible Bournemouth move.
V good against us.

Further reduces the possibility of them pulling their fingers out and relegating bloody Reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deadline day thread on 16:45 - Jan 25 with 10970 viewshamptonhillhoop

I've seen Bournemouth linked with Kiefer Moore, Tom Lawrence and Rothwell from Blackburn today alone
Deadline day thread on 16:51 - Jan 25 with 10928 viewsNorthernr

Deadline day thread on 16:45 - Jan 25 by hamptonhillhoop

I've seen Bournemouth linked with Kiefer Moore, Tom Lawrence and Rothwell from Blackburn today alone

Parker says their squad is "thin".
Deadline day thread on 16:57 - Jan 25 with 10884 viewsRs_Holy

Deadline day thread on 16:51 - Jan 25 by Northernr

what a t*sser!
Deadline day thread on 17:06 - Jan 25 with 10813 viewsdaveB

Bournemouth are in panic mode, it's shit or bust for them this season
Deadline day thread on 17:50 - Jan 25 with 10656 viewsHAYESBOY

Deadline day thread on 16:51 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Yes, they need some fat bastards in sharpish.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Deadline day thread on 18:07 - Jan 25 with 10555 viewsMrSheen

Expect to see a picture of Dele Alli holding up a Newcastle shirt with a look of utter misery on his face at some point.
Deadline day thread on 19:29 - Jan 25 with 10367 viewsaston_hoop

Aaron Drewe has gone on loan to Weymouth in the National League. Straight into their side tonight

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Deadline day thread on 20:58 - Jan 25 with 10215 viewsDorse

Deadline day thread on 16:45 - Jan 25 by hamptonhillhoop

By the end of the week, the only player they won't be linked with will be Barry Fnuck, the one-legged 49 year old reserve team striker for the Bulawayo Gruntypigs.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Deadline day thread on 22:53 - Jan 25 with 9984 viewsSharpy36

Conor Masterson off to Sheff Wed, by all accounts.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Deadline day thread on 05:53 - Jan 26 with 9811 viewscyprusmel

Someone on here posted, (probably a bit in jest) that we should get Eze back on loan but why not, he is not being picked for a start at Palace even though he is fit again.
When you see clips of him on TV he does not look happy. If we could work something out regarding wages I think he would jump at the chance to return and help us with our promotion push.
Deadline day thread on 06:49 - Jan 26 with 9724 viewscyprusmel

It has been reported on Sky that Palace are interested in signing Man Utd midfielder Donny Van de Beek on loan until the end of the season.
If true it might be evidence that Palace would be open to a loan move for Eze.
Deadline day thread on 07:55 - Jan 26 with 9604 viewsozranger

If we are going to throw rumours around.. a mate where I live and a Millwall fan said that they are interested in Hugill, given that they have some problems with injuries and lack of forwards. I doubt he is tall enough.
Deadline day thread on 08:00 - Jan 26 with 9591 viewsnumptydumpty

Deadline day thread on 07:55 - Jan 26 by ozranger

If we are going to throw rumours around.. a mate where I live and a Millwall fan said that they are interested in Hugill, given that they have some problems with injuries and lack of forwards. I doubt he is tall enough.

On those lines, Get Nakhi Wells on lower wages on loan.

Bristol City like Derby financial concerns...

Like the idea of Tom Lawrence too. Similar reasons..

I think if we get anyone else like with Sanderson it be announced just before Saturday s game..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Deadline day thread on 09:49 - Jan 27 with 9200 viewsdaveB

Jamie Patterson linked now although doubt that will happen.

Lawrence deal looks dead. Ball could be leaving

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-focus-on-paterson-deal-as-lawrence-hopes
Deadline day thread on 10:02 - Jan 27 with 9148 viewssparkey

Deadline day thread on 09:49 - Jan 27 by daveB

Jamie Patterson linked now although doubt that will happen.

Lawrence deal looks dead. Ball could be leaving

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-focus-on-paterson-deal-as-lawrence-hopes

Would be sad to see Ball go, has been a good servant.
Deadline day thread on 10:04 - Jan 27 with 9126 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deadline day thread on 10:02 - Jan 27 by sparkey

Would be sad to see Ball go, has been a good servant.

Me too. Excellent attitude.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deadline day thread on 10:19 - Jan 27 with 9052 viewsNorthernr

And useful cover, can play a few positions. I'd be surprised at that one as well.
Deadline day thread on 10:22 - Jan 27 with 9020 viewsslmrstid

I like Ball but in our squad I'd have Dozzell, Amos, Field and Johansen all ahead of him.

So really when it comes to being 5th choice central midfielder I can understand why we'd let him go. He's barely had a look in since Field came back into the fold, and he's at an age where really he'd probably rather be wanting to play every week than be a bit part barely getting the pitch.

Agree in regards to his attitude though - he's been top notch and is a really likeable player, but I can understand why he/we would be looking to move on.
Deadline day thread on 10:48 - Jan 27 with 8891 viewsStainrod

We are clearly being bullied out of Lawrence as we can't compete with Bournemouth - thin squad apparently, thick wallet. Shame as he is more advanced than a normal midfielder, more a false 9, which is exactly what we need imho - someone to run into the six yard box from deep. He would, for eg, have buried that Amos shot off the post that was crying out for a tap in.

Patterson looks by far the most likely. Doesn't seem much way back for him at Swansea. Between us and WBA. Swans fans say his goals trailed off in Dec and Jan but he doesn't seem to have played much in that period.

Am pleased reading West London Sport - all the other sites just seem to regurgitate its actual news stories - are saying we have learned the lesson of the Clarke loan and will only take someone experienced who can change games. If we can't land that game changing player - it looks touch and go - we are probably better sticking with what we have.
Deadline day thread on 11:12 - Jan 27 with 8782 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 10:22 - Jan 27 by slmrstid

I like Ball but in our squad I'd have Dozzell, Amos, Field and Johansen all ahead of him.

So really when it comes to being 5th choice central midfielder I can understand why we'd let him go. He's barely had a look in since Field came back into the fold, and he's at an age where really he'd probably rather be wanting to play every week than be a bit part barely getting the pitch.

Agree in regards to his attitude though - he's been top notch and is a really likeable player, but I can understand why he/we would be looking to move on.

I suppose that all makes sense. Like others I'd be sad to lose him as I think he's excellent cover (plus I think he's progressed while at the club) but on the same grounds he deserves to be a match squad regular somewhere and if he feels he needs to move then we shouldn't hold him back. Good luck to him if he moves, useful player and a good bloke as far as I can tell.
Deadline day thread on 11:23 - Jan 27 with 8707 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 22:53 - Jan 25 by Sharpy36

Conor Masterson off to Sheff Wed, by all accounts.

That WLS article suggests Sheff Wed are out because they've loaned in Harlee Dean, and that a loan to Crewe or Fleetwood is more likely.

Can see us signing Sanderson on a perm in the summer if he works out and letting Masterson go. Probably best thing, he seems to have stalled, not sure that's his fault but there it is.
Deadline day thread on 11:25 - Jan 27 with 8686 viewsDieByYourSide

Deadline day thread on 11:23 - Jan 27 by CiderwithRsie

That WLS article suggests Sheff Wed are out because they've loaned in Harlee Dean, and that a loan to Crewe or Fleetwood is more likely.

Can see us signing Sanderson on a perm in the summer if he works out and letting Masterson go. Probably best thing, he seems to have stalled, not sure that's his fault but there it is.

Think Wolves might have something to say about that.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Deadline day thread on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 8669 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Deadline day thread on 11:25 - Jan 27 by DieByYourSide

Is he on a long contract there does anyone know off hand?
Deadline day thread on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 8647 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deadline day thread on 11:27 - Jan 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Is he on a long contract there does anyone know off hand?

Was posted up here that he signed a four-year deal last Summer.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deadline day thread on 11:45 - Jan 27 with 8551 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 11:25 - Jan 27 by DieByYourSide

Well, yeah, depends on how close he is to their first team, I've not followed his career there. Just one game in the Caribou in a two-and-a-half year career in the senior squad according to wiki.

Clearly they're OK with him going on loan for whole of this season, is this a Eze-to-Wycombe, Chair-to-Stevenage loan or a Johansen-to-QPR or Bonne-to-Ipswich loan?

Touch wood etc but if we got promoted and Barbet leaves then the player might fancy a move and I'm always unconvinced by the idea that clubs can hold onto a player against their wishes, irrespective of contract length. We'll see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024