Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adomah 09:33 - Jan 28 with 4746 viewsE17hoop

Super piece in the Evening Standard today.

"If I was to get promotion with my boyhood club – and play more than two games in the Premier League, I could retire happy."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/albert-adomah-qpr-exclusive-interview-
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 9:33]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Adomah on 09:43 - Jan 28 with 3619 viewsjoe90

Love Adomah!

He's been an absolute pleasure to watch this season.
Adomah on 09:56 - Jan 28 with 3525 viewsdanehoop

Adomah on 09:43 - Jan 28 by joe90

Love Adomah!

I think the joy has come from how he has just thrown himself into carry out whatever role Warballs has asked of him. He has then worked really hard at trying to constantly improve himself to deliver that role as best as he possibly can and my word have we seen the improvement.

An example of a model professional footballer.

Never knowingly understood

Adomah on 10:05 - Jan 28 with 3457 viewswestberksr

a model professional, decent player, thoroughly nice bloke & life long fan of the club

what more could we want from a player?

Adomah on 10:06 - Jan 28 with 3440 viewsParkRoyalR

Adomah on 09:56 - Jan 28 by danehoop

I think the joy has come from how he has just thrown himself into carry out whatever role Warballs has asked of him. He has then worked really hard at trying to constantly improve himself to deliver that role as best as he possibly can and my word have we seen the improvement.

An example of a model professional footballer.

Agree, age is just a number if you are a model professional, work-hard and have respect for yourself, your employer and the clubs fans.

Reckon Magic-Hat called this one wrong and hopefully Austin can follow Albert's example and apply himself to be the fittest he can be for the remainder of the season and into next as will be the same age at the end of his contract as Albert is now, and Albert's still able to put in 120 minutes at this level!
Adomah on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 3378 viewsRs_Holy

Adomah on 09:43 - Jan 28 by joe90

Love Adomah!

“As a boy from down the road, walking past the stadium, I never thought they’d be signing me. I can’t put it into words – you have to be in my shoes to feel it, it’s just amazing.”

Lets funking do it for Albert.... uuuuRRRRssss!
Adomah on 10:55 - Jan 28 with 3196 viewsTacticalR

Quite funny against Birmingham when he scored at the home end and then ran all the way to the away end to conduct the fans.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 10:55]

Air hostess clique

Adomah on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 3121 viewsrobith

Adomah on 10:06 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, age is just a number if you are a model professional, work-hard and have respect for yourself, your employer and the clubs fans.

Reckon Magic-Hat called this one wrong and hopefully Austin can follow Albert's example and apply himself to be the fittest he can be for the remainder of the season and into next as will be the same age at the end of his contract as Albert is now, and Albert's still able to put in 120 minutes at this level!

Personally thought the way Gallen spoke about Adomah showed a distinct lack of standards and he dropped a lot in my esteem after it
Adomah on 11:09 - Jan 28 with 3111 viewsed_83

I know this gets said about a lot of senior players, but if we don’t do everything in our power to keep Albert involved with the club then we’re missing a trick. Would certainly give him another year’s contract based on his performances this season, and once he hangs up his boots would be talking to him about coaching badges or a Sinton-esque ambassadorial role. Model professional, super bloke, loves the club, hope he sticks around for a long time to come.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 12:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Adomah on 11:18 - Jan 28 with 3047 viewsParkRoyalR

Adomah on 11:09 - Jan 28 by ed_83

I know this gets said about a lot of senior players, but if we don’t do everything in our power to keep Albert involved with the club then we’re missing a trick. Would certainly give him another year’s contract based on his performances this season, and once he hangs up his boots would be talking to him about coaching badges or a Sinton-esque ambassadorial role. Model professional, super bloke, loves the club, hope he sticks around for a long time to come.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 12:19]

Spot on, great post!
Adomah on 11:26 - Jan 28 with 3022 viewsjoe90

Adomah on 11:07 - Jan 28 by robith

Personally thought the way Gallen spoke about Adomah showed a distinct lack of standards and he dropped a lot in my esteem after it

What did Gallen say?
Adomah on 12:05 - Jan 28 with 2876 viewsParkRoyalR

Adomah on 11:26 - Jan 28 by joe90

What did Gallen say?

Snidey comment along lines of he too should pull a shirt on and do a few keepy uppy instagrams and maybe he'd get a new contract at Rangers.
Adomah on 12:12 - Jan 28 with 2843 viewssparkey

Adomah on 12:05 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

Snidey comment along lines of he too should pull a shirt on and do a few keepy uppy instagrams and maybe he'd get a new contract at Rangers.

Clearly jealous and wants to be known as the boyhood QPR fan who played at the club. Was not impressed by those comments at all.
Adomah on 12:14 - Jan 28 with 2828 viewsRs_Holy

Adomah on 12:12 - Jan 28 by sparkey

Clearly jealous and wants to be known as the boyhood QPR fan who played at the club. Was not impressed by those comments at all.

thats a shame... Gallen is a club legend etc etc but surely he can see how good Uncs has been this season?
Adomah on 12:28 - Jan 28 with 2762 viewsgigiisourgod

Adomah on 12:14 - Jan 28 by Rs_Holy

thats a shame... Gallen is a club legend etc etc but surely he can see how good Uncs has been this season?

Agree with all this and love Uncle Albert.

In fairness to Gallen, when Adomah was asked who is favourite players were he did seem to be winging it a bit: ‘oooh all the big ones’.

Not sure he was quite the season ticket holder in the upper loft we sometimes make out but amazing to see a local lad doing so well and completely agree about him being a model pro. A privilege to have at the club.
Adomah on 12:42 - Jan 28 with 2702 viewsParkRoyalR

Adomah on 12:28 - Jan 28 by gigiisourgod

In fairness to Gallen, when Adomah was asked who is favourite players were he did seem to be winging it a bit: ‘oooh all the big ones’.

Not sure he was quite the season ticket holder in the upper loft we sometimes make out but amazing to see a local lad doing so well and completely agree about him being a model pro. A privilege to have at the club.

Albert was straight in an interview / podcast I heard where he said he used to sell his complimentary R's tickets for a £1 to supplement his pocket money.

Not sure anyone ever said he was a season ticket holder / die-hard, plus I know not intention of your post, but worth noting not everyone's dad buys them a season-ticket for the Upper Loft and he was playing football on Saturdays for Old Meadonians from the age of about 16 before going to Harrow Borough and on, so like many who played themselves on Saturday afternoons, probably got to games when he could afford it and when he was'nt playing himself.
Adomah on 12:45 - Jan 28 with 2687 viewsgigiisourgod

Adomah on 12:42 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

Albert was straight in an interview / podcast I heard where he said he used to sell his complimentary R's tickets for a £1 to supplement his pocket money.

Not sure anyone ever said he was a season ticket holder / die-hard, plus I know not intention of your post, but worth noting not everyone's dad buys them a season-ticket for the Upper Loft and he was playing football on Saturdays for Old Meadonians from the age of about 16 before going to Harrow Borough and on, so like many who played themselves on Saturday afternoons, probably got to games when he could afford it and when he was'nt playing himself.

Understand your point and really not trying to drag this into something it isn’t, but a fan of a club should really know the name of the players. Imagine King Kev may have felt that way too as he was one of the star players during that era.
Adomah on 13:15 - Jan 28 with 2555 viewsslmrstid

To be fair I'm sure if Kevin Gallen could still race up the right wing and slam in a winning goal header he would be receiving a QPR contract.

Alas...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though that it was more humorous, than a dig and people read the context of internet writing wrong (as we all, me very much included, frequently do). But King Kev was a childhood hero of mine so I would be soft with him.

Not really related but seeing your username Gigi...Luigi De Canio managing us into the 2008/09 season is always a bit "What If...?" moment for me in QPR alternative history. I really would have loved to see what he could have done with a full season with that team, it was so bonkers-ly buccaneering. Certainly a lot better than the grind that followed for the next 2 seasons until Warnock came along.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 13:15]
Adomah on 13:21 - Jan 28 with 2520 viewswestberksr

Adomah on 12:28 - Jan 28 by gigiisourgod

I still remember his very important double for Villa at HQ as they were pushing for promotion; his celebration that night showed his feelings for the club and at a time when he had absolutely no reason to act like that.

from that point on I've had a very high opinion of Uncs as a peson
Adomah on 13:54 - Jan 28 with 2380 viewsParkRoyalR

Adomah on 12:45 - Jan 28 by gigiisourgod

Understand your point and really not trying to drag this into something it isn’t, but a fan of a club should really know the name of the players. Imagine King Kev may have felt that way too as he was one of the star players during that era.

I get what you're saying but having supported since c.1977, not sure I've ever had a hero since Phil Parks (and Ebere Eze).

Lots of players would be favorites for different reasons(Allen/Stainrod/Wegerlee/Ferdinand/Taraabt) but suppose I've had very few heroes as I've rarely had a proper chat with them like I have with Parkes and Eze.
Adomah on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 2293 viewsTheChef

Adomah on 13:15 - Jan 28 by slmrstid

To be fair I'm sure if Kevin Gallen could still race up the right wing and slam in a winning goal header he would be receiving a QPR contract.

Alas...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though that it was more humorous, than a dig and people read the context of internet writing wrong (as we all, me very much included, frequently do). But King Kev was a childhood hero of mine so I would be soft with him.

Not really related but seeing your username Gigi...Luigi De Canio managing us into the 2008/09 season is always a bit "What If...?" moment for me in QPR alternative history. I really would have loved to see what he could have done with a full season with that team, it was so bonkers-ly buccaneering. Certainly a lot better than the grind that followed for the next 2 seasons until Warnock came along.

My favourite poster handle - I always read it as Gigi Sour God.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Adomah on 15:06 - Jan 28 with 2167 viewsswisscottage

Adomah on 11:07 - Jan 28 by robith

Gallen the player - legend.
Gallen the pundit - knobhead.
Adomah on 15:07 - Jan 28 with 2162 viewsgigiisourgod

Adomah on 12:42 - Jan 28 by ParkRoyalR

Thanks for this - going to have a listen to the Uncle Albert podcast now 👌
Adomah on 15:10 - Jan 28 with 2141 viewsrobith

Adomah on 13:15 - Jan 28 by slmrstid

Alas...

It was on video. It was snide AF
Adomah on 15:26 - Jan 28 with 2066 viewsLongsufferingR

Considering he wasn't even first choice at the start of the season, it's an outstanding achievement that he's now one of the front runners for player of the year. His attitude and effort are every bit as impressive as his skills.
Adomah on 15:31 - Jan 28 with 2041 viewsqueensparker

Amid the rash of signings last Jan window I was underwhelmed by the Adomah one, felt like a sop to the fans and an ageing cheap(ish) player we didn’t really need.

Been proved properly wrong, he’s changed games, been fit as a fiddle, played an entirely new position, and been a mode pro. On the podcast he said he’s one of the top three fittest players in the squad at 34 and I believe it.

I get the slight cynicism about the boyhood fan stuff - I think he was more a “wear the top” fan rather than a “Colchester away and post on forums” one, but he’s been a brilliant signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024