Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dotorg 11:15 - Feb 6 with 20360 viewsdmm

Just for people's info, the dotorg will cease in the next couple of months. There's a notice on there from Drew who runs it.
The dotorg on 11:30 - Feb 6 with 9454 viewsBoston

Alas poor Yorick…

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dotorg on 12:50 - Feb 6 with 9275 viewsNorthernr

Crikey, bit of QPR internet history right there.

I guess we'd better hoover?
The dotorg on 12:56 - Feb 6 with 9252 viewsTGRRRSSS

Channel 5 axed Neighbours too.....
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 13:24]
The dotorg on 13:02 - Feb 6 with 9228 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My first involvement with the online fans' forum medium was Battletank's original dotorg back in the mid-90s.

With it being the first off the block and, shall we say, things being a bit more innocent back then, it was the best of the lot. Those first few years it had the lowest a-hole poster content of all time and was more enjoyable.

Sadly with time the a-hole factor began to set in and I know many just saw what was coming, stopped posting altogether and dropped out because of the abuse they were receiving.

BT pulled the plug on it, and I vaguely recall some 'issue' when DG set up the second coming of the 'dotorg', but those early days fondly remembered.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The dotorg on 13:08 - Feb 6 with 9205 viewssoops

Yes, likewise was there from the mid-late 90s and it was a good site, notwithstanding the Tommy Nintendo shenanigans (surely one of the earlier examples of internet trollery). I think the site ultimately suffered from the insistence of separating the football and non-football content so it always felt a bit over-policed in that regard.
Fond memories but ultimately not anywhere near as interesting and engaging as this site!
The dotorg on 13:35 - Feb 6 with 9079 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 13:02 - Feb 6 by PlanetHonneywood

My first involvement with the online fans' forum medium was Battletank's original dotorg back in the mid-90s.

With it being the first off the block and, shall we say, things being a bit more innocent back then, it was the best of the lot. Those first few years it had the lowest a-hole poster content of all time and was more enjoyable.

Sadly with time the a-hole factor began to set in and I know many just saw what was coming, stopped posting altogether and dropped out because of the abuse they were receiving.

BT pulled the plug on it, and I vaguely recall some 'issue' when DG set up the second coming of the 'dotorg', but those early days fondly remembered.

That, and Zeus' site were the go to platforms for QPR fans back then. I wonder what happened to Tim, nice but... ? I wish there was someway of digging up his tooth pulling experience based on string theory post; it is still the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet.
Well done to Drew for picking up the baton and I will be sorry to see it go.

The grass is always greener.

The dotorg on 13:40 - Feb 6 with 9067 viewsDorse

Never did the dotorg thing. Was on Ben's original site and its later iterations (with many others on here). Used to love the vibe but numbers dropped after Drew put his site together whilst .org was on interregnum and it was never quite the same.

Put out the best china and dust off the good biscuits. We are expecting company, dear.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The dotorg on 13:56 - Feb 6 with 8993 viewskensalriser

Did quite well out of that despicable identity theft.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The dotorg on 14:00 - Feb 6 with 8979 viewsEsox_Lucius

I just revisited the tribute thread for Alistair Fawn and am in tears here. He was one of the QPR stalwarts and to realise he was lost to us almost 10 years ago now came as a bit of a shock to me.
It's here for any others on here who knew him and want to remind themselves before it is lost forever. http://qprdot.org/phpbb3mb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64759
RIP Alistair.

The grass is always greener.

The dotorg on 14:34 - Feb 6 with 8864 viewsqueensparker

Sad news was the first Rangers forum I ever used in the late 90s or so.

Got into Rivals in 2001 and it’s been here ever since
The dotorg on 15:01 - Feb 6 with 8782 viewsDannytheR

The (real) dotorg was a proper giggle and a godsend in the fag end days of Chris Wright, when the atmosphere at the ground could be grim. (Also useful as a place to share information about what was going on at the club in the pre-social media, collection bucket period afterwards.)

The weird 2.0 version always felt a bit plastic by comparison. Bizarre to realise it lasted 20 years.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 15:02]
The dotorg on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 8645 viewscaliforniahoop

End of an era, use to be on there years ago, didn’t realise it was still going.
The dotorg on 16:32 - Feb 6 with 8586 viewsBoston

'97 wasn't it, that Ben started dotorg, the first QPR message board and one of the first mb's in the country? Not long afterwards the club started the 'Official', where I would more often be found, not that I didn't enjoy the dot, but the quickfire nature of the place at that time did not suit my five hour delay. Still, I muddled around, eventually becoming quite the nuisance, thoroughly enjoying the freewheeling rapid response style of the old format, I have fond memories of certain threads, posts and individuals to this day.
Now they say you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, so I'll try not to, but the 'shenanigans' surrounding that boards management were such that myself and a number of other posters decided to depart for pastures new, as many of the veteran users might remember. This has left me with a slightly soured view of the place, so I won't be mourning its demise, it had long passed for me.

The dotorg on 18:36 - Feb 6 with 8390 viewsngbqpr

Was on the original one and it was a real Rs lifeline for me when I moved to Nottingham. Late night threads with Uxbridge Graham were always fun.

I think Drew’s move was well meant, didn’t deserve all the stick he got, but it was never quite the same, and Rivals + QPRNet took over .

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The dotorg on 18:39 - Feb 6 with 8370 viewsBoston

The dotorg on 18:36 - Feb 6 by ngbqpr

Was on the original one and it was a real Rs lifeline for me when I moved to Nottingham. Late night threads with Uxbridge Graham were always fun.

I think Drew’s move was well meant, didn’t deserve all the stick he got, but it was never quite the same, and Rivals + QPRNet took over .

'Tuxbridge', is he still with us?

The dotorg on 19:12 - Feb 6 with 8315 viewsdaveB

was on there from the start, was a superb site back in the day, sad to see it go
The dotorg on 09:26 - Feb 7 with 8032 viewssaxbend

I think .org and later dotorg were what shaped my internet personality traits and behaviour more than anything else, for better and for worse. Much of my sense of humour comes from it. I still refer to things as Spackman, not caring if anyone understands.
The dotorg on 09:29 - Feb 7 with 8014 viewsAntti_Heinola

was also there in those v early days with chappers, coley, rangerbird, mark rtid (who posts here occasionally i think) et al. Made some really great friends through that. Was a fantastic site.

Bare bones.

The dotorg on 10:03 - Feb 7 with 7952 viewsngbqpr

The dotorg on 09:29 - Feb 7 by Antti_Heinola

was also there in those v early days with chappers, coley, rangerbird, mark rtid (who posts here occasionally i think) et al. Made some really great friends through that. Was a fantastic site.

They were all great posters!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The dotorg on 10:51 - Feb 7 with 7875 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Is that the one with all the History posts?

Some of them are great with the old pics.

I hope they can be saved.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The dotorg on 11:03 - Feb 7 with 7824 viewsBoston

The dotorg on 10:51 - Feb 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Is that the one with all the History posts?

Some of them are great with the old pics.

I hope they can be saved.

You’re probably thinking about QPR Report.

The dotorg on 11:05 - Feb 7 with 7824 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The dotorg on 11:03 - Feb 7 by Boston

You’re probably thinking about QPR Report.

Ahhhh yes! I think so.

Cheers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The dotorg on 11:15 - Feb 7 with 7781 viewsloftboy

The dotorg on 09:26 - Feb 7 by saxbend

I think .org and later dotorg were what shaped my internet personality traits and behaviour more than anything else, for better and for worse. Much of my sense of humour comes from it. I still refer to things as Spackman, not caring if anyone understands.

I thought that came from the Rivals site?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The dotorg on 11:36 - Feb 7 with 7725 viewsBklynRanger

The dotorg on 11:15 - Feb 7 by loftboy

I thought that came from the Rivals site?

Yeah I thought that.

I don't know anything about the murkier political stuff but always considered it a good second to this site, tbh, of the alternatives available. Haven't been on it in years though I must admit but is a loss.
The dotorg on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 7716 viewsaston_hoop

That and DaveB's (I think?) site were my first introductions to QPR's internet presence. But I haven't look on it in years and years, didn't realise it was still going to be honest.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024