Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spuds Ground 08:30 - Feb 7 with 9370 viewsCFW

On Saturday went to the new Spuds ground - treat for my lads who have a special birthday, booked the Stratus lounge with drinks, food and great seats. Have to say I was totally blown away with the stadium it is fantastic and now I understand why the budget and build time went pear shape. Only issue for me is the surrounding area which without being disrespectful is not great.

In my view it is well worth a trip just to see a totally brilliant stadium.

PS Brighton were awful
Spuds Ground on 08:40 - Feb 7 with 5158 viewsjoe90

I went a few weeks ago for the Chelsea semi final. First time at the ground and was also very impressed.

Walked up from Seven Sisters, no problem with the area, it’s always been lively, but that’s London.

The main impression I had was how awful the Spurs fans were and the complete lack of atmosphere. As fan base they have very little character or identity. I don’t have any particular dislike for Spurs, just something I’ve noticed about them. I also went to West Ham earlier this season. That was something else! Couldn’t have been more different to Spurs.
Spuds Ground on 09:40 - Feb 7 with 4960 viewsTheChef

Spurs and Arsenal fans are both fairly non-descript.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Spuds Ground on 10:07 - Feb 7 with 4873 viewsngbqpr

Spuds Ground on 09:40 - Feb 7 by TheChef

Spurs and Arsenal fans are both fairly non-descript.

I think the bigger the club, the more nondescript the fans is often the case.

Whereas, eg, Man U's away fans are great - non-stop singing of mostly original songs (many of which have found their way into the Rs songbook, suitably adapted).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Spuds Ground on 10:20 - Feb 7 with 4840 viewsdaveB

Spurs support used to be fantastic so loud and intimidating but the team have been rubbish for 2 years so that will have a big affect. West Ham was a morgue until this season when they started doing well. Can say the same about us as well to be honest
Spuds Ground on 10:21 - Feb 7 with 4820 viewsTheChef

Spuds Ground on 10:07 - Feb 7 by ngbqpr

I think the bigger the club, the more nondescript the fans is often the case.

Whereas, eg, Man U's away fans are great - non-stop singing of mostly original songs (many of which have found their way into the Rs songbook, suitably adapted).

Hmmm well that's the thing, you can still be a big club and have noisy passionate fans.

Spurs and Arsenal fans just strike me as quiet and moany for the most part, living off past glories.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Spuds Ground on 11:01 - Feb 7 with 4715 viewsMrSheen

A certain irony in neutral fans going to a game and complaining about a lack of atmosphere! I always though Spurs fans were amazingly loyal and passionate through their (relatively) barren decades, but a bit of success and a bigger stadium has raised expectations while diluting the fervour of their support. See also West Ham, Manchester City and even Arsenal (not that it was especially fervid before the move).
Spuds Ground on 11:01 - Feb 7 with 4715 viewsCFW

Spuds Ground on 10:21 - Feb 7 by TheChef

Hmmm well that's the thing, you can still be a big club and have noisy passionate fans.

Spurs and Arsenal fans just strike me as quiet and moany for the most part, living off past glories.

Lot's of older men (50-60) walking down the road shouting as loud as possible 'Y** Army' - bloody embarrassing and totally unacceptable. Grow up people for god's sake.
Spuds Ground on 11:50 - Feb 7 with 4596 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Spuds Ground on 11:01 - Feb 7 by CFW

Lot's of older men (50-60) walking down the road shouting as loud as possible 'Y** Army' - bloody embarrassing and totally unacceptable. Grow up people for god's sake.

I was in Putney a couple of weeks ago and marching up the road near the bridge was a large group of Spurs fans. There were about 150 or so and apparently they had been on a boat that had dropped them off at the pier. Well drunk, p1ssing up on the walls and singing anti-chelsea songs, rent boy etc (they were at Stamford Bridge that day). I stood at the bus stop over the road and watched their nasty snarling faces going past, then I walked up the side road to the Bricklayers Arms.

When I got inside everyone was looking in my direction for some reason. I turned around and realised the Spurs fans were coming up the road behind me. The barman came over and bolted the door and stood at the entrance directing them to go away. Which thankfully they did. Horrible they were!

Really good pub by the way, it was my first time there
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 11:50]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Spuds Ground on 11:54 - Feb 7 with 4565 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I challenge the poster to name one stadium based in plush surrounds, Fulham apart.

Found the Stadium impressive but soulless the three times I’ve been there. Can’t say the same the area and urge the poster to visit the Latin American market for some pre match food instead of the £6.99 Chilli Houmous on toast next time.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 12:00]
Spuds Ground on 12:16 - Feb 7 with 4469 viewskernowhoop

Spuds Ground on 11:50 - Feb 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was in Putney a couple of weeks ago and marching up the road near the bridge was a large group of Spurs fans. There were about 150 or so and apparently they had been on a boat that had dropped them off at the pier. Well drunk, p1ssing up on the walls and singing anti-chelsea songs, rent boy etc (they were at Stamford Bridge that day). I stood at the bus stop over the road and watched their nasty snarling faces going past, then I walked up the side road to the Bricklayers Arms.

When I got inside everyone was looking in my direction for some reason. I turned around and realised the Spurs fans were coming up the road behind me. The barman came over and bolted the door and stood at the entrance directing them to go away. Which thankfully they did. Horrible they were!

Really good pub by the way, it was my first time there
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 11:50]

"Really good pub by the way, it was my first time there "

Sounds like you were lucky that it was not your last visit!
Spuds Ground on 12:17 - Feb 7 with 4468 viewsjoe90

Spuds Ground on 11:01 - Feb 7 by MrSheen

A certain irony in neutral fans going to a game and complaining about a lack of atmosphere! I always though Spurs fans were amazingly loyal and passionate through their (relatively) barren decades, but a bit of success and a bigger stadium has raised expectations while diluting the fervour of their support. See also West Ham, Manchester City and even Arsenal (not that it was especially fervid before the move).

Don’t see what the irony is.

I made fair observation. Also, I think what I experienced is the manifestation of this fairly modern phenomenon of ‘perpetual crisis’.

I went to West Ham this season and thought the atmosphere was cracking. Polar opposite of Spurs.
Spuds Ground on 14:45 - Feb 7 with 4259 viewsswitchingcode

Spuds Ground on 11:54 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I challenge the poster to name one stadium based in plush surrounds, Fulham apart.

Found the Stadium impressive but soulless the three times I’ve been there. Can’t say the same the area and urge the poster to visit the Latin American market for some pre match food instead of the £6.99 Chilli Houmous on toast next time.

Brentford’s community stadium ?went to Spurs new stadium mid week earlier in the season and it’s very impressive especially the contrast when you walk up towards it along the seven sisters rd.It spears like a giant spaceship has landed on a council dump site.I expect it’s one of the best stadiums in the world but give me the soon to be demolished Goodson park any day my first visit Saturday and apart from the score up there with one of the best grounds I’ve been to and superb support better than anfield a few weeks back.
Spuds Ground on 15:02 - Feb 7 with 4221 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Spuds Ground on 12:17 - Feb 7 by joe90

Don’t see what the irony is.

I made fair observation. Also, I think what I experienced is the manifestation of this fairly modern phenomenon of ‘perpetual crisis’.

I went to West Ham this season and thought the atmosphere was cracking. Polar opposite of Spurs.

I love reading about QPR fans visiting new Stadiums and reporting back either about the facility or atmosphere .
Spurs feature heavily on US tv coverage and that Stadium was designed in part like most new ones over here and round the World.Great food and drink plus lots of room to move around and of course multiple toilets clean and spacious ?
We are sadly lacking in all those things at our place according to every poster on here its sad to read and know the solution is nowhere close even if we go up
Spuds Ground on 15:36 - Feb 7 with 4167 viewskensalriser

Most importantly, how was the cheese?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Spuds Ground on 16:53 - Feb 7 with 4047 views00calben

Spuds Ground on 08:40 - Feb 7 by joe90

I went a few weeks ago for the Chelsea semi final. First time at the ground and was also very impressed.

Walked up from Seven Sisters, no problem with the area, it’s always been lively, but that’s London.

The main impression I had was how awful the Spurs fans were and the complete lack of atmosphere. As fan base they have very little character or identity. I don’t have any particular dislike for Spurs, just something I’ve noticed about them. I also went to West Ham earlier this season. That was something else! Couldn’t have been more different to Spurs.

It’s quite rare to find decent home atmospheres tbh.

Aside from the odd occasion, away fans certainly don’t leave Loftus Rd thinking ‘wow, what an atmosphere’
Spuds Ground on 17:11 - Feb 7 with 4001 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spuds Ground on 14:45 - Feb 7 by switchingcode

Brentford’s community stadium ?went to Spurs new stadium mid week earlier in the season and it’s very impressive especially the contrast when you walk up towards it along the seven sisters rd.It spears like a giant spaceship has landed on a council dump site.I expect it’s one of the best stadiums in the world but give me the soon to be demolished Goodson park any day my first visit Saturday and apart from the score up there with one of the best grounds I’ve been to and superb support better than anfield a few weeks back.

True, the Brentford Community Stadium has mostly QPR support living around it making it very plush.
Spuds Ground on 17:40 - Feb 7 with 3918 viewsstowmarketrange

Spuds Ground on 11:01 - Feb 7 by CFW

I agree mate.I had an argument with some spurs mate last week as the club was commemorating Holocaust day.I said to them that it was an embarrassment to have their fans singing about a y– army when most of them have nothing to do with the Jewish people or it’s religion.
I don’t very often agree with David baddiel about anything,but says that spurs should do more to clamp down on it.

I have a voucher for a ground tour at spurs,so I will have to make time to go down there and pay a visit soon.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 17:41]
Spuds Ground on 18:14 - Feb 7 with 3851 viewsderbyhoop

Forest is on the edge of West Bridgford, which is one of the poshest parts of Nottingham.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Spuds Ground on 18:20 - Feb 7 with 3833 viewsswitchingcode

Spuds Ground on 17:11 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

True, the Brentford Community Stadium has mostly QPR support living around it making it very plush.

😃I know and quite few actually come to games with their Bees mates.
Spuds Ground on 18:25 - Feb 7 with 3822 viewsjoe90

Spuds Ground on 15:02 - Feb 7 by CLAREMAN1995

I love reading about QPR fans visiting new Stadiums and reporting back either about the facility or atmosphere .
Spurs feature heavily on US tv coverage and that Stadium was designed in part like most new ones over here and round the World.Great food and drink plus lots of room to move around and of course multiple toilets clean and spacious ?
We are sadly lacking in all those things at our place according to every poster on here its sad to read and know the solution is nowhere close even if we go up

You can’t really compare the new Tottenham stadium to Loftus Road, but I did enjoy the walk up to the ground - despite being kettled with a load of Chelsea fans by the police outside Seven Sisters.

The local area has a bad rep but his full of character and lots of good places to eat and drink. It’s proper inner city ground. Not for everyone, but it’s what I like. I’d take that any day over flat pack job in an industrial estate.

The stadium is amazing, I’ve not been to a better ground. On the night the fans seemed resigned to losing. There’s was a bad atmosphere among them, arguments, swearing at players etc. Never felt like the fans were getting bending the team. It lacked the ‘edge’ I experienced at West Ham, which was really lively and not what I was expecting. I think they’ve done a good job bringing some character to the London stadium which is a lot more than Arsenal have done at the Emirates.

I also went to Plough Lane. The fans there are great and really got behind the team. The fans have a real sense of pride in their club. I think that gets lost at the bigger clubs. My only gripe with Wimbledon is the area is really dull. I’d advise anyone visiting to go via Tooting and check out the pubs around there. Wimbledon and Earlsfield are not my cup of tea. South Wimbledon use to have a good pub but that’s now a Tesco.

This is just personal opinion, I appreciate people are looking for different things from their match day experience. Last thing I’ll say, after all these trips away I’ve always left feeling proud to be a QPR fan. I’ve not seen anything during these jaunts that’s made me envious at all.
Spuds Ground on 18:25 - Feb 7 with 3822 viewsKPR

It’s not too shabby around Stamford Bridge.
Spuds Ground on 18:27 - Feb 7 with 3814 viewsjoe90

Spuds Ground on 15:36 - Feb 7 by kensalriser

Most importantly, how was the cheese?

Are you referring to the legendary Tottenham cheese room? I didn’t see it myself but did hear people talking about it…
Spuds Ground on 18:31 - Feb 7 with 3805 viewsMick_S

Spuds Ground on 18:25 - Feb 7 by joe90

You can’t really compare the new Tottenham stadium to Loftus Road, but I did enjoy the walk up to the ground - despite being kettled with a load of Chelsea fans by the police outside Seven Sisters.

The local area has a bad rep but his full of character and lots of good places to eat and drink. It’s proper inner city ground. Not for everyone, but it’s what I like. I’d take that any day over flat pack job in an industrial estate.

The stadium is amazing, I’ve not been to a better ground. On the night the fans seemed resigned to losing. There’s was a bad atmosphere among them, arguments, swearing at players etc. Never felt like the fans were getting bending the team. It lacked the ‘edge’ I experienced at West Ham, which was really lively and not what I was expecting. I think they’ve done a good job bringing some character to the London stadium which is a lot more than Arsenal have done at the Emirates.

I also went to Plough Lane. The fans there are great and really got behind the team. The fans have a real sense of pride in their club. I think that gets lost at the bigger clubs. My only gripe with Wimbledon is the area is really dull. I’d advise anyone visiting to go via Tooting and check out the pubs around there. Wimbledon and Earlsfield are not my cup of tea. South Wimbledon use to have a good pub but that’s now a Tesco.

This is just personal opinion, I appreciate people are looking for different things from their match day experience. Last thing I’ll say, after all these trips away I’ve always left feeling proud to be a QPR fan. I’ve not seen anything during these jaunts that’s made me envious at all.

Joe, I wouldn’t have Spurs as inner London myself although It feels like it when you are there. I’d go Millwall as the most inner London football club.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Spuds Ground on 18:51 - Feb 7 with 3758 viewsdmm

The Bricklayers Arms is a fantastic pub. Putney Porter is an absolutely delicious pint.
Spuds Ground on 18:57 - Feb 7 with 3732 viewsjoe90

Spuds Ground on 18:31 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

Joe, I wouldn’t have Spurs as inner London myself although It feels like it when you are there. I’d go Millwall as the most inner London football club.

Fair point.

I’d actually say us and Arsenal are proper inner London clubs. Wall feels a bit isolated where they are, but it’s definitely inner London.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024