Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Praise for Chelsea??? 17:15 - Feb 7 with 1674 viewsEsox_Lucius

From my own POV they would seem to have spared those affected by the abuse from reliving it in court, and not cheaply by the looks of it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60289437

The grass is always greener.

Praise for Chelsea??? on 17:38 - Feb 7 with 1584 viewscolinallcars

The only thing I quite liked about Chelsea was when the 071 and 081 numbers were introduced in London and Chelsea were the only club to have 071. So if they were playing say, West Ham, they would jab their forefingers and sing 081,081,081 etc.
Other than tiny thing, all crap.
Praise for Chelsea??? on 17:58 - Feb 7 with 1534 viewsNW5Hoop

Settlements aren't made out of the goodness of hearts. It's to spare Chelsea the embarrassment of everything being listed in court, and in the papers, day after day, on a case that they would surely have lost. Not coating off Chelsea for that, particularly — it's what most big organisations do. The financial cost of reputational damage from days of horrible press coverage (and the additional legal fees) would outweigh the cost of settling.
Praise for Chelsea??? on 18:05 - Feb 7 with 1510 viewsGroveR

That'd be the same Chels** that gave Rix his job back the day after he was released from 6 months of a 12 month sentence for unlawful sex with a 15 year old.
Praise for Chelsea??? on 18:09 - Feb 7 with 1486 viewsterryb

I agree that it is good that the victims will be spared a court appearance.

However, CFC could have settled this years ago instead of waiting till the eve of the hearing.
Praise for Chelsea??? on 08:15 - Feb 8 with 1174 viewsTheChef

Praise for Chelsea??? on 17:38 - Feb 7 by colinallcars

The only thing I quite liked about Chelsea was when the 071 and 081 numbers were introduced in London and Chelsea were the only club to have 071. So if they were playing say, West Ham, they would jab their forefingers and sing 081,081,081 etc.
Other than tiny thing, all crap.

Is that the worst football chant ever?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Praise for Chelsea??? on 08:24 - Feb 8 with 1150 viewsed_83

Yeah, as others have said the really noble thing to do here would have been to settle far sooner, or to prevent all of this happening in the first place. Would be interesting to know if the settlements include the victims having to sign an NDA.
Praise for Chelsea??? on 08:42 - Feb 8 with 1111 viewsE17hoop

Graham Rix served a secret suspension from football due to the investigation into racist bullying against Chelsea's youth-team players while he was their coach in the 90s.
They knew about it for 30 years and a week before they get dragged through the courts they find it in their hearts to agree a settlement?

F**k em.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Praise for Chelsea??? on 08:49 - Feb 8 with 1103 viewsRs_Holy

seems to me that Rix and Chelsea were a perfect fit back in the day.
Login to get fewer ads

Praise for Chelsea??? on 09:09 - Feb 8 with 1057 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I suspect the decision came from financial prudence and not the decent thing.
Praise for Chelsea??? on 10:15 - Feb 8 with 944 viewsEsox_Lucius

Praise for Chelsea??? on 08:24 - Feb 8 by ed_83

Yeah, as others have said the really noble thing to do here would have been to settle far sooner, or to prevent all of this happening in the first place. Would be interesting to know if the settlements include the victims having to sign an NDA.

Interesting point. The allegations are fairly widely known, and have been for some time, it would only be the amount of the settlement possibly but surely that would show up when they file their accounts at Companies House? The anonymity of the defendants would have been taken into consideration and may mean that the settlements are less that they may have received if they had gone to court.
More initiatives like those at Crystal Palace for ensuring that kids and young players are protected has to be the future for academy football IMO.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024