Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 107074 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:16 - Feb 14 with 18140 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I doubt it.

British based and property owning Russians are donors to both the Parties, one of which is skint as fck.

We already sanction Russia to high heaven, except the donor providing ones.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:28 - Feb 14 with 18078 viewsHAYESBOY

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:16 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I doubt it.

British based and property owning Russians are donors to both the Parties, one of which is skint as fck.

Not so sure. Would agree normally, but if the US of A says jump......

Smells like a trout farm in here

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:36 - Feb 14 with 18042 viewswood_hoop

Listening to news reports it seems if the Ukraine will agree not to join NATO for ten years a way to keep the peace.....not so sure myself.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:38 - Feb 14 with 18020 viewsQPunkR

Didn't Abramovic acquire (heh-hem) Portuguese citizenship recently?

QPR - "shit but local"

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:00 - Feb 14 with 17970 viewsdaveB

if the worst happens and we enter world war 3 then who owns a football club down the road will be the least of our problems
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:03 - Feb 14 with 17947 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:00 - Feb 14 by daveB

if the worst happens and we enter world war 3 then who owns a football club down the road will be the least of our problems

Would be very QPR to slip into second place moments before being disintegrated by a thermonuclear device.

I'm sure people would still accuse Warburton of making excuses afterward.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:08 - Feb 14 with 17917 viewsLythamR

what happens to Chelsea and abramovitch will be the least of our concerns
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:31 - Feb 14 with 17814 viewsJuzzie

From the BBC;

"In President Putin's eyes, the West promised back in 1990 that Nato would expand "not an inch to the east" but did so anyway."

I think Putin doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO, ever. He would like it to go back to pre 1997 days but, of course, that'll never happen. Can't see the west or even those 14 countries saying "OK then".
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:41 - Feb 14 with 17745 viewsToast_R

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:03 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Would be very QPR to slip into second place moments before being disintegrated by a thermonuclear device.

I'm sure people would still accuse Warburton of making excuses afterward.

At least the site proposals a new stadium may have widened...
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:43 - Feb 14 with 17729 viewsSonofpugwash

Our Vladimir has loads to lose .His personal wealth is said to be in excess of $130 B- most of it in gold.Lots of Russian gold in London bank vaults for "safe keeping".Does he/they really want to throw that all away?Vlad has already sorted his yacht away.

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/putins-yacht-gra
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 14:43]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:44 - Feb 14 with 17725 viewsNewBee

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:38 - Feb 14 by QPunkR

Maybe, maybe not?

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/portugal-opens-inquiry-into-roman-abram

He definitely has Israeli citizenship which, with his being Jewish, will be watertight. And he's spending a lot of money there, so they should keep him right with the USA whatever happens.

For whatever else you think about him, he is a VERY smart operator. When the USSR broke up, Abramovic seized his chance to be one of the new oligarchs surrounding (i.e. bankrolling) the new boss, Yeltsin.

Then when Putin took over, the first thing he did was to put his own oligarchs in in place of Yeltsin's mob, who are all either in jail, in exile or in their grave.

All except Abramovic, who is reportedly as close to Putin as he was to Yeltsin.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 14:45]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:51 - Feb 14 with 17695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'm bailing out of this thread.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:21 - Feb 14 with 17612 viewsGloryHunter

The Conservative Party gets so many donations from its Russian friends, I can't see them wanting to clamp down on any of it.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:41 - Feb 14 with 17527 viewskensalriser

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:16 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I doubt it.

What are these sanctions, exactly?

They don't seem to be having any more effect than a spectator shouting 'move you cnts' at a poorly performing QPR team.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:55 - Feb 14 with 17473 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:38 - Feb 14 by QPunkR

He's also an Israeli now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:02 - Feb 14 with 17353 viewsBoston

Click fingers, take it away Mel, one two three…’all out superpower confrontation’…

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:33 - Feb 14 with 17335 viewssevenhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:28 - Feb 14 by HAYESBOY

Not so sure. Would agree normally, but if the US of A says jump......

not sure it matters any more. if he hadn't spotted Chelsea from his 'copter when he was going to buy Spurs, they could well have gone under. Would have been fabulous news. Now Chelsea is a big brand of its own and would command a huge price from multiple suitors if it needed them
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:53 - Feb 14 with 17266 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:51 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm bailing out of this thread.

Heading for the underground shelter Bazz keep that door slightly open please I might fly over myself
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:34 - Feb 14 with 17138 viewsPaddyhoops

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:36 - Feb 14 by wood_hoop

Listening to news reports it seems if the Ukraine will agree not to join NATO for ten years a way to keep the peace.....not so sure myself.

According to a reporter on five live . It takes a number of years to join after an application has been made and as they are officially at war with Russia for the past eight years , they won't be allowed to join anyway.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:15 - Feb 14 with 17039 viewsGloryHunter

Russian donors give money to the Tories because they admire us, says minister Brandon Lewis.

A Cabinet minister has defended the Conservative Party’s acceptance of donations from wealthy individuals with Russian links.

Brandon Lewis, who as Tory chairman personally received £25,000 from one of the backers, said the donors had given the money because they admired the party and the Prime Minister.

The Northern Ireland Secretary made the comments after it was revealed that two Conservative MPs on the intelligence committee, which this week published its Russia report on interference in UK elections, and 14 ministers had accepted cash with links to the country.

Six members of the Cabinet and eight junior ministers received tens of thousands of pounds from donors or businesses connected to Russia, The Times reported.

Mr Lewis received £25,000 from Lubov Chernukhin, a banker and the wife of President Vladimir Putin’s former deputy finance minister, and £23,000 from Alexander Temerko, a former chief of a Russian arms company, while 13 other Cabinet ministers had also been given “large” sums.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/russia-report-conservative-tory-donors-brandon
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:29 - Feb 22 with 16374 viewsDWQPR

After Boris’s announcement in the House this afternoon about initial sanctions against Russian banks and three Russian individuals, Dame Margaret Hodge posed the question about the owner of North Battersea and why he wasn’t being targeted and his UK assets frozen. Now that would be an interesting experiment seeing that lot out in some kind of cryogenic state for the next 20 years.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:37 - Feb 22 with 16322 viewsSuperhoop83

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:29 - Feb 22 by DWQPR

After Boris’s announcement in the House this afternoon about initial sanctions against Russian banks and three Russian individuals, Dame Margaret Hodge posed the question about the owner of North Battersea and why he wasn’t being targeted and his UK assets frozen. Now that would be an interesting experiment seeing that lot out in some kind of cryogenic state for the next 20 years.

I assume that was before Johnson rushed out of the chamber when Chris Bryant asked him to correct the lie he had just told about Abramovich having been sanctioned?

Suffering since 1978.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:47 - Feb 22 with 16204 viewsBoston

Everyone in the US knows about UK raines.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:59 - Feb 23 with 15893 viewsizlingtonhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:02 - Feb 14 by Boston

Click fingers, take it away Mel, one two three…’all out superpower confrontation’…

"If I had a bomb and a place to drop it from,
I'd drop it on you,
World Leaders!"

Funny the things one remembers...
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:01 - Feb 23 with 15880 viewsizlingtonhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:59 - Feb 23 by izlingtonhoop

"If I had a bomb and a place to drop it from,
I'd drop it on you,
World Leaders!"

Funny the things one remembers...

I've had it up to here,
With yer verbal diarrhoea,