Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field 00:03 - Feb 24 with 6567 viewsHunterhoop

You won’t see many better defensive midfield performances than that.

This bloke has so much ability and potential. His reading of the game and positioning is superb.

If he plays for the club for the next decade, even if he only plays 60% of the time, I don’t think we’ll drop out of the top 30 in English football bar the odd few games. He is class. Got to keep him somewhat fit, but he is class.

[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 0:09]
Sam Field on 00:07 - Feb 24 with 4666 viewseastside_r

I second this.
Sam Field on 00:18 - Feb 24 with 4607 viewsjoolsyp

I’ve been a bit critical of him the last few games, especially his tendency to give silly free-kicks away. But he was immense tonight, constantly snapping at the heels of the ‘pool players. I think he probably benefited from a pretty lenient Gavin Ward but still I think it was his best game for us since joining. Well done Sam!
Sam Field on 00:21 - Feb 24 with 4588 viewsted_hendrix

Got booked tonight in added time, I wonder how many bookings he's now got?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sam Field on 00:22 - Feb 24 with 4576 viewssparkey

This man just oozes quality. Will play a huge part.

Sam Field on 00:46 - Feb 24 with 4498 viewsHunterhoop

Sam Field on 00:22 - Feb 24 by sparkey

This man just oozes quality. Will play a huge part.

Stats don’t lie. The bloke is class. Best defensive central midfielder in the league. He’s here, he’s there…
Sam Field on 07:57 - Feb 24 with 4184 viewsRed_Ranger

He was class.
Sam Field on 08:14 - Feb 24 with 4141 viewsdmm

I heartily agree with all the above. I think he cost us in the region of £500k - a total steal. Dunne was around the same amount. Our recruitment guys have been truly outstanding.
Sam Field on 09:02 - Feb 24 with 3978 viewsPhilmyRs

I can sort of understand why Burnley let Dunne go given they’re well stocked with physical defenders but I just can’t understand how West Brom let this guy leave. Just makes no sense. Class player that wins so much possession for us and much bigger than you think when you see him in the flesh. His left foot isn’t bad either. Excellent signing by the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field on 09:06 - Feb 24 with 3958 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defensively excellent, but he has to improve in terms of keeping the ball. No reason to think he won't either as he plays more games. If he does then he'll have a superb career, hopefully with us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sam Field on 09:19 - Feb 24 with 3880 viewssprocket

How much did we pay for Field?

Daylight Robbery
Sam Field on 09:32 - Feb 24 with 3804 viewsToast_R

Sam Field on 09:02 - Feb 24 by PhilmyRs

I can sort of understand why Burnley let Dunne go given they’re well stocked with physical defenders but I just can’t understand how West Brom let this guy leave. Just makes no sense. Class player that wins so much possession for us and much bigger than you think when you see him in the flesh. His left foot isn’t bad either. Excellent signing by the club.

Big Fat Sam thought Field was surplus to his big far brand of football. West Brom's short term philosophy in a nutshell. Got themselves in a right pickle now as they appear to have an aging under performing squad.

Having checked their 2021/22 squad on Wiki - they shipped out 30 players in the summer and loaned out another 13. That seems unbelievable to me.
Sam Field on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 3784 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Agreed. He was brilliant last night. He won so many of those little battles, just getting a toe in the right place to win possession back.
Sam Field on 09:43 - Feb 24 with 3749 viewsTheChef

He's like having 1 and a half players, nearly 2.

Amazing physicality and athleticism - another excellent signing.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sam Field on 09:56 - Feb 24 with 3675 viewsCamberleyR

30 points from the 16 games he's played this season, 1.875 a game. Extrapolate that over the full season and we'd be comfortably 2nd place.

PS: gazza1 thinks he did 'ok' last night.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sam Field on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 3623 viewsParkRoyalR

Sam Field on 09:56 - Feb 24 by CamberleyR

30 points from the 16 games he's played this season, 1.875 a game. Extrapolate that over the full season and we'd be comfortably 2nd place.

Gazza's not alone, a few others were giving their expert opinion on this forum head of last night saying they wouldnt start Field, you really do wonder whether they actually go to the games, or if they do, maybe they just stay in the bar, as some of the comments you read are just completely baffling at times.
Sam Field on 10:52 - Feb 24 with 3509 viewsNorthantsHoop

I like Sam Field he is that tall imposing midfielder we have been lacking in recent seasons. Pleased he has got back from injury and imposing himself on games. Liked the Field, Hendrick and Johansen midfield worked well together in difficult circumstances, although to accomodate one of our 3 strikers back into the starting 11, one of them would need to be benched.
Personally would start same system from last night without strikers against Blackburn and try it for as long as possible in the game. But I think our Warbs will mix it up a bit and put a striker in. All good stuff.
Sam Field on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 3467 viewsenfieldargh

Thought he was superb last night and took housery to another level.

not going to complain at any oppo/PNE housery again!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sam Field on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 3444 viewsParkRoyalR

Field's playing style reminds me of Nemanja Matic in his prime, a huge asset for a Championship club with a limited budget and top 6 aspirations.
Sam Field on 11:06 - Feb 24 with 3432 viewsRangers67

Well I thought he had an average game at best last night. He was at fault for their goal and made quite a few mistakes alongside some really good stuff. He definetly has potential but is a way of being the finished article . Just an aside if possible we should sign that Josh Bowler he has potential to be our new no10
Sam Field on 11:08 - Feb 24 with 3420 viewsQPROslo

Sam Field on 10:52 - Feb 24 by NorthantsHoop

I like Sam Field he is that tall imposing midfielder we have been lacking in recent seasons. Pleased he has got back from injury and imposing himself on games. Liked the Field, Hendrick and Johansen midfield worked well together in difficult circumstances, although to accomodate one of our 3 strikers back into the starting 11, one of them would need to be benched.
Personally would start same system from last night without strikers against Blackburn and try it for as long as possible in the game. But I think our Warbs will mix it up a bit and put a striker in. All good stuff.

Or he could leave out Chair.
Sam Field on 11:18 - Feb 24 with 3361 viewsdavman

Sam Field on 11:06 - Feb 24 by Rangers67

Well I thought he had an average game at best last night. He was at fault for their goal and made quite a few mistakes alongside some really good stuff. He definetly has potential but is a way of being the finished article . Just an aside if possible we should sign that Josh Bowler he has potential to be our new no10

All about opinions, but mine is aligned to all others on this thread and not this one.

Every game since Reading game,on the way out my son and I ask each other who the MotM was. Last night he said to me "it always seems to be Jimmy Dunne or Sam Field at the moment" and he was right.

Jimmy blotted his copybook for the miskick leading up to Bowler's goal (and he was at fault there, not Field), so Sam Field got it again from us.

Of course, the real concern is that its no longer Albert, Willock or Chair (our creative outlets) who are getting the plaudits, but the Jimmy Dunne and Sam Fields need to play well if we are going to grind results like last night out.

+2 to the SF appreciation society here...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sam Field on 14:08 - Feb 24 with 3162 viewsRangers67

Sam Field on 11:06 - Feb 24 by Rangers67

Apologies to Sam, I had him down to be the guy who mis-kick in the lead up to their goal when it was Jimmy Dunne.
Sam Field on 14:39 - Feb 24 with 3099 viewsgobbles

Sam Field on 09:56 - Feb 24 by CamberleyR

What's Wallace's points per game? Field was excellent last night, but don't pretend it is a one-man team
Sam Field on 14:40 - Feb 24 with 3092 viewsNorthernr

Sam Field on 14:39 - Feb 24 by gobbles

What's Wallace's points per game? Field was excellent last night, but don't pretend it is a one-man team

Prior to Boro Wallace's win percentage was something like 82%. If you extrapolated it out over a whole season QPR would get 113 points or something ridiculous like that.
Sam Field on 15:12 - Feb 24 with 2954 viewsnix

Sam Field on 14:39 - Feb 24 by gobbles

In the 16 matches he's started, we've won ten, drawn three and lost three. So just over two points per match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024