Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Officials 21:26 - Mar 5 with 4001 viewstoboboly

We didn't deserve the 3 points.

But, fcuk me, another horror show. Every Hugill jump he led with his fist/arm. Dunne must feel like an MMA fighter after that. Dickie thrown to the floor. Shirt pulling let go and not much extra time considering the goals, subs and time wasting.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Officials on 21:28 - Mar 5 with 3118 viewsWokingR

Yep, felt like playing against 12 men at times.
Officials on 21:49 - Mar 5 with 3012 viewsStreathamRanger

I'd love a striker like Hugill right now. Runs himself into the ground. Smashes centre backs about. Admittedly, his finishing is wildly erratic but he brings bundles of energy and enthusiasm.
Officials on 21:54 - Mar 5 with 2993 viewsbillericaydicky

Agreed, a clear foul in the run up to their first goal.
Officials on 22:49 - Mar 5 with 2868 viewsStanisgod

Standard this season I think is the worst ive seen ever, linos included.
Never seen so many unpunished shirt pulls in one match, apart from the one by us for the free kick obviously, funny how he saw that one, a throw in taken barely above the forehead by them, clear foul for their first goal. Then stops it for a rolling ball at a free kick. Typical let every thing go for 80 minutes then whistle like f# ck for the last ten.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 19:05]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Officials on 22:55 - Mar 5 with 2841 viewsdaveB

both goals should be foul to us and the second one he moved the ball about 10 yards away from the foul to give them a better position,
Officials on 23:03 - Mar 5 with 2813 viewstoboboly

Officials on 22:55 - Mar 5 by daveB

both goals should be foul to us and the second one he moved the ball about 10 yards away from the foul to give them a better position,

I don't think we should bother with officials any more. Turn it into playground football anything goes

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Officials on 23:03 - Mar 5 with 2812 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Nice of the EFL to let munchkins run the line.
Officials on 00:39 - Mar 6 with 2673 viewsSK_hoops

I know every fan of every team says this, but I feel bad decisions have robbed us of so much this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Officials on 00:55 - Mar 6 with 2647 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Officials on 00:39 - Mar 6 by SK_hoops

I know every fan of every team says this, but I feel bad decisions have robbed us of so much this season.

I did not see the match or match thread just saw the final score and finally came on here to LFW and see this thread .
Its becoming pretty obvious QPR are being targeted with all the pathetic decisions / non decisions not going our way.I am not asking for anything out of the ordinary just call it by the rules for both teams.
Everybody sees it we get nothing
Officials on 02:16 - Mar 6 with 2592 viewsDamo1962

Don't let bad decisions decide outcome. Do it yourself.
Officials on 02:40 - Mar 6 with 2583 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Officials on 02:16 - Mar 6 by Damo1962

Don't let bad decisions decide outcome. Do it yourself.

I respect and understand your point Damon1962 but its pretty demoralizing for the players who give it all to be treated this way.
If the Manager keeps saying it , and the fans clearly see it then the Players have to be thinking not again etc.
Og course we are playing poorly now and those bad calls / non calls are massive but we do need to start scoring more ASAP
Officials on 08:32 - Mar 6 with 2429 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Officials on 00:39 - Mar 6 by SK_hoops

Up until the last month or so I thought it was fairly even with some things going against us and some things going for. The last few home games though the standard has been very poor.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Officials on 08:49 - Mar 6 with 2376 viewssupahoopsa

Officials on 21:54 - Mar 5 by billericaydicky

Agreed, a clear foul in the run up to their first goal.

Yes probably was a foul, but it's also a perfect demonstration of modern day footballer syndrome, rather than staying strong and fighting for the ball, go down and claim a foul.

Like I am sure many others on here, I can remember legendary battles such as Alan Mcdonald against Mark Hughes where they'd be knocking lumps out of each other for 90 minutes and would see it as a sign of weakness to actually fall over.

You're a centre back, you're supposed to be rock hard!

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Officials on 08:55 - Mar 6 with 2350 viewsSK_hoops

Officials on 08:32 - Mar 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Up until the last month or so I thought it was fairly even with some things going against us and some things going for. The last few home games though the standard has been very poor.

Yes, definitely been worse lately, but you also had that offside against Sunderland. Keith Stroud and possibly a few others.
Officials on 09:10 - Mar 6 with 2309 viewsstevec

Officials on 08:32 - Mar 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Up until the last month we were putting ourselves about and standing up to it.

Willock a case in point, almost impossible to get him off the ball, now he’s off balance half the time and crumbling to challenges. Field aside, we are half a yard off now and consequently getting knocked off the ball too easily.
Officials on 11:45 - Mar 6 with 2185 viewsParkRoyalR

Officials on 22:55 - Mar 5 by daveB

I was at the other end of the ground but from my perspective:

1) 1st goal seemed a clear + obvious foul
2) 2nd goal oppo (Hughill?) clearly pulled our player back by the shirt in front of SARd lino
3) 2nd goal free kick looked very harsh
4) 2nd goal seemed they moved ball from edge of area to edge of D to improve angle
5) Hughill spent all game playing the man and not the ball without being penalised
6) Referee continued in this vein for final 15 minutes giving us nothing, Dunne was livid

I get we were masters of our own downfall with overplaying from start of 2nd half and lacking intensity but just why are officials so inept? Have they ever played the game? Is there any other profession that you know of that are genuinely that incompetent, as I cannot think of one.
Officials on 11:56 - Mar 6 with 2163 viewsstowmarketrange

Officials on 11:45 - Mar 6 by ParkRoyalR

I was at the other end of the ground but from my perspective:

1) 1st goal seemed a clear + obvious foul
2) 2nd goal oppo (Hughill?) clearly pulled our player back by the shirt in front of SARd lino
3) 2nd goal free kick looked very harsh
4) 2nd goal seemed they moved ball from edge of area to edge of D to improve angle
5) Hughill spent all game playing the man and not the ball without being penalised
6) Referee continued in this vein for final 15 minutes giving us nothing, Dunne was livid

I get we were masters of our own downfall with overplaying from start of 2nd half and lacking intensity but just why are officials so inept? Have they ever played the game? Is there any other profession that you know of that are genuinely that incompetent, as I cannot think of one.

The one at blackburn last week was a homer,and gave them every 50/50 decision,but then he came from Lancashire.Are there any budding refs from Shepherd’s Bush that can give us a chance of getting a few decisions go our way for a change?
Officials on 11:58 - Mar 6 with 2161 viewsdistortR

shirt pulling is only an offense when committed outside the penalty area, it would seem. Had to laugh, after what was going on at the corners in the first half, when he gave them a freekick for a tug in the second.
Another game where I didn't feel the ref had enough control or respect, which helps lead to bad feelings between players.
Officials on 12:10 - Mar 6 with 2133 viewsDannytheR

Officials on 21:49 - Mar 5 by StreathamRanger

I'd love a striker like Hugill right now. Runs himself into the ground. Smashes centre backs about. Admittedly, his finishing is wildly erratic but he brings bundles of energy and enthusiasm.

Agreed. I was thinking yesterday that I'd missed Hugill this season too for exactly the reasons you mention. Cow's arses often left unscathed by banjos, but he always kept centre backs busy and without the endless moaning at his teammates of Gray and look-at-me theatricals of Austin.

He'll only have a year on his Norwich deal at the end of this season, but I can't see us going back for him with Dykes and Austin still on the payroll. Bit of a shame.
Officials on 12:22 - Mar 6 with 2106 viewsTacticalR

Officials on 12:10 - Mar 6 by DannytheR

Agreed. I was thinking yesterday that I'd missed Hugill this season too for exactly the reasons you mention. Cow's arses often left unscathed by banjos, but he always kept centre backs busy and without the endless moaning at his teammates of Gray and look-at-me theatricals of Austin.

He'll only have a year on his Norwich deal at the end of this season, but I can't see us going back for him with Dykes and Austin still on the payroll. Bit of a shame.

There's a Hugill-shaped hole in the team, but in terms of goals, the question is which Hugill would you be getting?

The one that scored 1 in 3 for QPR or the one that's only scored 1 in 10 (in 60 games for Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff) since leaving QPR?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 12:24]

Air hostess clique

Officials on 12:27 - Mar 6 with 2089 viewsParkRoyalR

Officials on 12:22 - Mar 6 by TacticalR

There's a Hugill-shaped hole in the team, but in terms of goals, the question is which Hugill would you be getting?

The one that scored 1 in 3 for QPR or the one that's only scored 1 in 10 (in 60 games for Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff) since leaving QPR?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 12:24]

Hughill was only a 1 in 3 striker at ours as he had Eze feeding him chance after chance, after chance. I'm sure the our neighbours behind the upper loft don't miss him!

A fully fit Dykes is a significant upgrade on Hughill imo and I liked Hughill.
Officials on 14:46 - Mar 6 with 1878 viewsOldPedro

Officials on 08:49 - Mar 6 by supahoopsa

Yes probably was a foul, but it's also a perfect demonstration of modern day footballer syndrome, rather than staying strong and fighting for the ball, go down and claim a foul.

Like I am sure many others on here, I can remember legendary battles such as Alan Mcdonald against Mark Hughes where they'd be knocking lumps out of each other for 90 minutes and would see it as a sign of weakness to actually fall over.

You're a centre back, you're supposed to be rock hard!

It's the inconsistency of the refs in games and between different refs in different games that is frustrating - against Blackburn, their player throws himself to the floor and wins a free kick which wasn't a foul - they score the winning goal. Yesterday, Dickie is fouled (yes maybe he could have been stronger) and ref waves play on, and Cardiff score.

The general standard of the officials seems to be so poor at the moment that nobody knows what is a foul and what isn't.

What also doesn't help is managers not being allowed to criticize officials when they are obviously wrong or as happened yesterday, managers having the opposite opinion purely based on whether they got the decision or not. The Cardiff manager actually praised the ref for not giving the foul against Dickie - no doubt next week when the same decision goes against his own team, he will be complaining loudly about it.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Officials on 14:53 - Mar 6 with 1857 viewsLanhoop

They bullied us all through and the ref let them get away with it but we have to be stronger and not let them.
Officials on 15:00 - Mar 6 with 1836 viewsbenhurst

Still no idea how their first goal stood, and it looked like Dunne had been fouled in the buildup to the second as well.

This must be how it feels to be an Arsenal fan!
Officials on 18:59 - Mar 6 with 1730 viewsdistortR

Officials on 12:27 - Mar 6 by ParkRoyalR

Hughill was only a 1 in 3 striker at ours as he had Eze feeding him chance after chance, after chance. I'm sure the our neighbours behind the upper loft don't miss him!

A fully fit Dykes is a significant upgrade on Hughill imo and I liked Hughill.

yeah, if hughil's the answer, I think we're asking the wrong question.............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024