Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 11:23 - Mar 16 with 4412 viewsnix

Please don't make this a political thread. I'm just posting because it's nice to celebrate good news for once.

Her husband and family have been incredible.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 16:44]
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 11:35 - Mar 16 with 4350 viewsbosh67

Yes, great that she and Anoosheh Ashoori have been released.

It must be almost beyond relief for Nazanin's family. I am sure it will be beyond emotional but I hope both her and Anoosheh get a lot of help from the health authorities because they will have a lot to deal with as they get back to some kind of normal life.

Some good news for once and will be pleased when their plane actually touches down here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 11:36 - Mar 16 with 4348 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yes very good news. They’re even reporting it on the BBC website. Must be important

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 11:55 - Mar 16 with 4276 viewsKonk

A wonderful bit of news. Can’t begin to imagine how stressful the last few years have been for everyone involved. Delighted for them.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 15:48 - Mar 16 with 3942 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great news
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 15:55 - Mar 16 with 3916 viewsqpr_1968

great news and about time.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:41 - Mar 16 with 3851 viewsWesty75

Fantastic news at a grim time. Long time coming.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:43 - Mar 16 with 3743 viewsDorse

Outstanding. Can't imagine how they must be feeling.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 22:05 - Mar 16 with 3535 viewsonlyrinmoray

Why has it taken 6 years to pay the £400 million they owed Iran Well done Boris for another cock up when he was Foreign Secretary
Login to get fewer ads

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:17 - Mar 17 with 3378 viewsSharpy36

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 22:05 - Mar 16 by onlyrinmoray

Why has it taken 6 years to pay the £400 million they owed Iran Well done Boris for another cock up when he was Foreign Secretary

Maybe a little research before you jump on the Boris bashing bandwagon

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:24 - Mar 17 with 3340 viewsGaxZE

Imagine being away from your kid for such a period of time. The reintroduction to the child as mum will be a long process and I still feel for the family.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:24 - Mar 17 with 3337 viewsBucksRanger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:17 - Mar 17 by Sharpy36

Maybe a little research before you jump on the Boris bashing bandwagon

Seems Boris is being blamed for the last 40 something years by the left.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:05 - Mar 17 with 3187 viewsjoe90

That's a good question.

1: Boris was criticised for his comments early in Nazanin's jail term where he mentioned that she was in Iran teaching journalism. The Iranian authorities used this as evidence to support their belief that she was an MI6 spy and subsequently increased her sentence.

2. The £400 million was related to a debt for the non delivery of tanks. The tanks were ordered by the pre-revolution regime but delivery was halted due to the revolution. The Islamic regime took the UK government to court 1990 and eventually won their case. The case was concluded in 2009, but the payment of the debt delayed due to sanctions against Iran. We're talking about a deal that took place pre 1979. It's not taken 6 years to pay the debt.

3: What nobody wants to talk about is why Nazanin went to Iran in the first place? She would have known the risk she faced and went against clear government advice aimed at Iranian duel nationals. She's not the first person this has happened to and won't be the last. Whilst I do have sympathy for her family, I do feel she has brought this on herself.

The Iranian Government treats it's people appallingly and Nazanin's case should serve as a cautionary tale for any British/Iranian thinking of going there.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 17:06]
No subject on 17:16 - Mar 17 with 3126 viewsHarbour

Great News wonderful to see the three of them pictured together as a family after the terrible ordeal they have been through. It’s been said husbands/partners will have a job matching Richard for the job he has done. I wish the whole family all happiness going forward.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:21 - Mar 17 with 3093 viewsjohnhoop

So much for Nix’s plea to not turn it into another political thread.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:44 - Mar 17 with 3001 viewsderbyhoop

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:05 - Mar 17 by joe90

That's a good question.

1: Boris was criticised for his comments early in Nazanin's jail term where he mentioned that she was in Iran teaching journalism. The Iranian authorities used this as evidence to support their belief that she was an MI6 spy and subsequently increased her sentence.

2. The £400 million was related to a debt for the non delivery of tanks. The tanks were ordered by the pre-revolution regime but delivery was halted due to the revolution. The Islamic regime took the UK government to court 1990 and eventually won their case. The case was concluded in 2009, but the payment of the debt delayed due to sanctions against Iran. We're talking about a deal that took place pre 1979. It's not taken 6 years to pay the debt.

3: What nobody wants to talk about is why Nazanin went to Iran in the first place? She would have known the risk she faced and went against clear government advice aimed at Iranian duel nationals. She's not the first person this has happened to and won't be the last. Whilst I do have sympathy for her family, I do feel she has brought this on herself.

The Iranian Government treats it's people appallingly and Nazanin's case should serve as a cautionary tale for any British/Iranian thinking of going there.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 17:06]

Didn't she go to visit her parents?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 18:10 - Mar 17 with 2952 viewsjoe90

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:44 - Mar 17 by derbyhoop

That’s right.

Just want to clarify that I’m not insinuating that she’s a spy, just wanted to make the point about the risk duel nationals face when travelling to Iran. She would have been well aware as all Iranians are.

I feel sorry for her and her family who have been victims of the Iranian regime.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:10 - Mar 17 with 2949 viewsjoe90

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:44 - Mar 17 by derbyhoop

No subject on 18:54 - Mar 17 with 2870 views222gers

I'd like to think Liz Truss played a big part in her release.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 13:05 - Mar 18 with 2653 viewsTacticalR

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:21 - Mar 17 by johnhoop

So much for Nix’s plea to not turn it into another political thread.

I would have thought that this was the very definition of a political thread.

Air hostess clique

No subject on 14:14 - Mar 18 with 2559 viewsed_83

So glad she's home - I've worked with survivors of Iranian prisons in the past, and by god the experiences they've been through are utterly horrific.

Boris' verbal diarrhoea absolutely set her cause back, and deserves a full public apology, but even as someone with very little time for the current government it seems to me that the FCDO have worked exceptionally hard to make this happen - I read some stuff about the US also being involved, and nixing a similar deal a year ago because it didn't include Anoosheh Ashoori, who's American, in the release too. Well done to everyone involved, regardless of party politics.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 14:17]
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:33 - Mar 18 with 2478 viewsjohnhoop

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 13:05 - Mar 18 by TacticalR

I would have thought that this was the very definition of a political thread.

Well, if you look back at her OP, it said it hoped we’d be able to celebrate Nazanin’s release, without indulging in political point scoring over it.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:40 - Mar 18 with 2371 viewsstowmarketrange

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:33 - Mar 18 by johnhoop

Well, if you look back at her OP, it said it hoped we’d be able to celebrate Nazanin’s release, without indulging in political point scoring over it.

Sadly,most threads on here tend to turn political very quickly.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 19:25 - Mar 18 with 2270 viewsMyke

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 17:40 - Mar 18 by stowmarketrange

Sadly,most threads on here tend to turn political very quickly.

Except ones about Joe Lumley (looks like he made a lucky escape for health reasons if nothing else) Todd Kane, Ryan Manning or Jeff Hendrick - I wonder what the common denominator could be?
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 2205 viewsKerryE

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:24 - Mar 17 by BucksRanger

And the right....just to give the thread balance
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 10:21 - Mar 19 with 2005 viewsEsox_Lucius

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's release! on 16:24 - Mar 17 by BucksRanger

Boris is being blamed for being Boris. he has no redeeming qualities as either a human being or a politician. IMO.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024