Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary 22:25 - Mar 16 with 6029 viewsextratimeR

God, he absolutely hates us!

After getting three points at Luton I was impressed by our play first half this evening, we had good shape , kept the ball and deserved our goal, they are a good side and as expected came back at us Second Half.

What is Gabbidons problem with us?

Ok their might have been a bit of mild criticism at the play off Final a few years back, but that was 2003!

We did ok in the circumstances tonight, three points against Peterborough on Sunday and we are still in track.

( Not according to the Sky dwarf).
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:02 - Mar 16 with 5309 viewsNed_Kennedys

The commentary tonight was so sycophantic towards Forest, their wonderful supporters, brilliant manager and superb players. Surprised they didn’t say Forest deserved to be in the Premier League.
I turned the sound right down in the end.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:14 - Mar 16 with 5259 viewsManinBlack

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:02 - Mar 16 by Ned_Kennedys

The commentary tonight was so sycophantic towards Forest, their wonderful supporters, brilliant manager and superb players. Surprised they didn’t say Forest deserved to be in the Premier League.
I turned the sound right down in the end.

To be honest it always seems to be like that. I have seen us on Sky against West Brom, Brentford, Fulham, Forest, Derby, Stoke and others where I am left with the impression that the comments always favour our opponents.

Jamie Mackie had a pop at them last week when he called them out for always talking about Sunderland in their league 1 coverage. Basically he was sick of hearing how people say Sunderland should be in the Premier league and he reminded the fools that they have to earn it rather than commentators selecting clubs they feel should be in the top league based on size. As Jamie said, Oxford play better football than Sunderland but never get mentioned as the smaller club.

It does appear that Sky are influenced by size so we are seen as a small club playing bigger clubs like Forest as if we should not be on the same pitch. Usually when they show us it is against a supposed bigger club so the praise goes on them not us.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:34 - Mar 16 with 5182 viewsthompsonridd

Gabbidon starts to talk, I fall asleep 😴😴

Boring, boring man
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:41 - Mar 16 with 5160 viewsPBLOCK

It sounds like Tom Kerridge doing football commentary to me
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 00:14 - Mar 17 with 5095 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I have started to watch football with the sound down and found this to be more enjoyable.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 00:20 - Mar 17 with 5076 viewsqprxtc

It’s not that Gabbidon hates us it’s more that he couldn’t give a shit about us and just doesn’t care. As most people don’t about QPR.

We hate us more than others hate us and that’s annoying that they don’t care as much as we care so therefore we think they hate when really they could t care less and are just commentating on Forest v Us and waiting to get paid and go home for a bit of a bunk up.

Lucky bastards.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 01:57 - Mar 17 with 5010 viewsbob566

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:41 - Mar 16 by PBLOCK

Brilliant. Beat me to it.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 05:18 - Mar 17 with 4919 viewsWesty75

I’ve started watching all our TV games on mute, much less irritating.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 07:49 - Mar 17 with 4671 viewsRs_Holy

Separated at birth??? Tom Kerridge talking about football and Gabby Dabbidon talking roast potatoes!

[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 7:51]
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 08:14 - Mar 17 with 4593 viewsPaddyhoops

I thought that as well. Christ he's dull though. Gabbidion not Kerridge.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 09:57 - Mar 17 with 4395 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I’d heard him before commentating in other matches and thought he sounded like Kerridge. I never knew it was Gabbidon!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 10:06 - Mar 17 with 4334 viewsdaveB

Andy Sinton was very good as normal last night
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 4319 viewsslmrstid

On the basis its not been mentioned yet, I presume everyone has forgotten Danny Gabbidon did play for us?

In that weird Premiership era between Warnock and Hughes. Didn't play much, no doubt got bombed out. Maybe he's still bitter about that. Who knows...
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 10:57 - Mar 17 with 4252 viewsextratimeR

Yes, Andy Sinton is always very good.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 11:46 - Mar 17 with 4158 viewsRs_Holy

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 10:08 - Mar 17 by slmrstid

On the basis its not been mentioned yet, I presume everyone has forgotten Danny Gabbidon did play for us?

In that weird Premiership era between Warnock and Hughes. Didn't play much, no doubt got bombed out. Maybe he's still bitter about that. Who knows...

I remember Gabbidon at QPR and yes he wasn't very good.... as you say part of the 'overpaid/rank average players, keeping less well paid/but infinitely better players out of the side' era.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 12:07 - Mar 17 with 4095 viewsHantsR

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 10:06 - Mar 17 by daveB

I tried to listen to Andy & Nick with Sky on mute, but found that the video action was too far out of sync, I think behind? as some posters on here were commenting on action before I'd seen it. Tough decision to have to listen to Gabbidon praising the ref for our several yellows yet no outcry as far as I can recall about the fouls on Willock.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 18:36 - Mar 17 with 3831 viewsMick_S

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 00:20 - Mar 17 by qprxtc

It’s not that Gabbidon hates us it’s more that he couldn’t give a shit about us and just doesn’t care. As most people don’t about QPR.

We hate us more than others hate us and that’s annoying that they don’t care as much as we care so therefore we think they hate when really they could t care less and are just commentating on Forest v Us and waiting to get paid and go home for a bit of a bunk up.

Lucky bastards.

He might have gone home to roast some potatoes. It’s very confusing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 19:17 - Mar 17 with 3775 viewsTacticalR

As far as I know we don't have any beef with Gabbidon. However, Gabbidon had a beef with Mark Hughes from his time at QPR:

Air hostess clique

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 19:38 - Mar 17 with 3746 viewsManinBlack

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 12:07 - Mar 17 by HantsR

I tried to listen to Andy & Nick with Sky on mute, but found that the video action was too far out of sync, I think behind? as some posters on here were commenting on action before I'd seen it. Tough decision to have to listen to Gabbidon praising the ref for our several yellows yet no outcry as far as I can recall about the fouls on Willock.

This was the sort of point I was making about these commentators in that if they don't give a damn about us, why would they give a damn about Forest or any others we play? Yet it always seems to be, particularly from the co-commentators, that they only seem to have good things to say about our opponents. Hinchcliffe, Gabbidon, Goodman and from the past, Claridge, are all specimens that come across as wanting us to lose.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 20:09 - Mar 17 with 3712 viewsPunteR

That commentary was total biased garbage.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 20:14 - Mar 17 with 3698 viewsstowmarketrange

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 19:38 - Mar 17 by ManinBlack

This was the sort of point I was making about these commentators in that if they don't give a damn about us, why would they give a damn about Forest or any others we play? Yet it always seems to be, particularly from the co-commentators, that they only seem to have good things to say about our opponents. Hinchcliffe, Gabbidon, Goodman and from the past, Claridge, are all specimens that come across as wanting us to lose.

One of the commentators said last night after another one of our players got booked,” He is no stranger to yellow cards.”He didn’t say the same thing about the Forest player who’d only had 1 yellow card less than ours had.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 20:55 - Mar 17 with 3634 viewsHamptonR

I will throw Jeff Stelling into the mix, anyone who follows or does Super6, may have noticed that whenever we are selected, he always selects our opponents, we could be playing the blind school, at home, and he will have them down for an away win.
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 21:57 - Mar 17 with 3545 viewsstainrods_elbow

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 10:06 - Mar 17 by daveB

Apart from his silly statement about Field doing well to get a booking for the free-kick they ended up scoring from - but that's the kind of combination of cloth-headed cynicism and stupidity all 'professionals' tend to fall foul to (pun fully intended), I find. I'd imagine he'll still be wiping the egg off his face this morning.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:19 - Mar 17 with 3455 viewsthame_hoops

I posted a similar thing on Sunday on the Luton match thread…. thought he was completely biased against us. I asked who the co-commentator was, and I was quite surprised when posters said it was Gabbidon as I thought he would have a soft spot for us, maybe
Danny Gabbidon-Commentary on 23:43 - Mar 17 with 3432 viewsPunteR

I forgot he played for us.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024