Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH 14:33 - Mar 20 with 13002 viewsGreenbay

As our season crumbles - let's not forget what a wonderful 2021 we had.
We had a great ride and it gave us lots of joy and hope.
Now we're back to being realistic.
Anywhere in the top 10 is good with the players and the budget we have.
I really hope Warbs stays.
He's assembled three different teams in three years and has been very successful.
Taking over from 19th spot - he's finished 13th, then 9th and wherever we finish this season.
How long did it take Brentford to gain promotion to the Premiership?
It may take us a few seasons - but I believe that Warbs is the man to guide us there.
That's if he wants to of course.
It's no good changing manager and starting all over again.
Warbs is the man.
Yes there'll be big changes to the team for next season.
Yes we may sell a few of our better players - but none of them are really Premiership quality - although Willock and Chair could fill the subs bench at a Premier club.
Also there is the massive temptation for them of lots more money - even at other Championship sides or overseas.
None of us should stand in their way if that's what they want.
Miracles of course might happen.
We might gain 16 points from our last 8 matches and clinch a play-off spot.
Unlikely of course.
So let's start again from a stronger position than we were 3 years ago.

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:35 - Mar 20 with 5629 viewspaulparker

Is this the same Brentford that sacked Warburton as they didn’t have any faith that he would take them up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:39 - Mar 20 with 5578 viewsTopCat34

His contract is up in the summer isn't it?

Unless we turn our form around and end up in the play offs, we absolutely shouldn't be offering him a new one. He will most likely lose two/three of our best players and I wouldn't have any faith for him to start building again successfully.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 5553 viewsMelakaRanger

This season was his big shot

If QPR truly have ambitions then they need to be ruthless in their decisions
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:42 - Mar 20 with 5540 viewsJuzzie

Anyone who wants Warburton gone needs to not only grow up but suggest an alternative who is available and won’t cost an arm and a leg in compensation on top of the severance packages we’d have to pay out too.

It’s a disappointing situation but it’s not over yet (though probably almost) and did we honestly think we’d be in the play offs when thinking last summer about where we would finish?
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:43 - Mar 20 with 5508 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A bit premature to talk about sacking Warburton after a few bad games. Besides who would replace him and would he do a better job with the same resources?

That being said the sudden capitulation in form will not have gone unnoticed by the board and they may need some convincing to award him a new contract (assuming that MW even wants to stay).
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 14:47]
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 5436 viewsBerkoRanger

Nuno Espirito Santo, Marcelo Bielsa, Daniel Farke?

All three got Championship clubs promoted!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 14:57]
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 5419 viewsJuzzie

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:48 - Mar 20 by BerkoRanger

Note a hope for any of them
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:49 - Mar 20 with 5405 viewsted_hendrix

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:42 - Mar 20 by Juzzie

Anyone who wants Warburton gone needs to not only grow up but suggest an alternative who is available and won’t cost an arm and a leg in compensation on top of the severance packages we’d have to pay out too.

It’s a disappointing situation but it’s not over yet (though probably almost) and did we honestly think we’d be in the play offs when thinking last summer about where we would finish?

* but it’s not over yet (though probably almost)*

It's over alright.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 5376 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Should be sacked purely based on the substitutions today, let alone anything else.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:51 - Mar 20 with 5372 viewsSK_hoops

Yeah we would definitely be able to afford their wages.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 5331 viewsted_hendrix

Amos substitution baffled me?

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:55 - Mar 20 with 5306 viewsPerthRs

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:50 - Mar 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

Should be sacked purely based on the substitutions today, let alone anything else.

Those substitutions all made at the same time was a panic move and a very very poor choice of subs
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:57 - Mar 20 with 5272 viewsplasmahoop

I would like him to stay, but if we continue to deteriorate between now and the end of the season he might not get a new deal.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:00 - Mar 20 with 5222 viewsBerkoRanger

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:51 - Mar 20 by SK_hoops

As I said on another thread....I wonder if one of the unsuccessful consortia trying to buy that lot down the road might be interested in a much cheaper option?
Just a thought.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:04 - Mar 20 with 5160 viewsSharpy36

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:51 - Mar 20 by SK_hoops

Yeah lets keep looking side ways and backwards. It`s how we play, so why not have that mindset to.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:10 - Mar 20 with 5101 viewsBenny_the_Ball

One train of thought that hasn't been considered is whether Warburton even wants to stay and if this has unsettled the players. Given that the team's form was strong until February, it seems odd that Mark is yet to sign a new contract.

Purely conjecture on my part, I admit, but typically clubs that are performing well look to extend the manager's contract early to provide stability and continuity.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 15:12]
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:14 - Mar 20 with 5073 viewsBklynRanger

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:53 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

He's his own worst enemy at times Big T. Whatever he's thinking tactically on that it was asking for trouble. That was like a dicing with relegation atmosphere today in the second half and the whole place could feel it including the players. Something strangely off since the end of January.

To answer the OP I'd far rather stick with Warbs but he's going to have to want it and I do think what's gone wrong in the last few weeks needs to be learned from rather than glossed over with phrases like "they're human".
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:17 - Mar 20 with 5040 viewsngbqpr

So has Steve Bruce...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:19 - Mar 20 with 5013 viewscorse

I wasnt that impressed when warbs signed. Was less impressed when he started to sign players he worked before.
Was even less impressed when he signed a lump from where i still cannot see if there is a player in there and defo wasnt impressed when he signed two cart horses austin and johansen without adding any pace and even more less impressed by the signing of hendrick. I wouldnt give him a new contract if he is ready to sign one. 32 per cent win rate is quite poor.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:26 - Mar 20 with 4952 viewsRuislipHoop

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 14:53 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

He obviously doesn’t rate Dozzell or Amos.As soon as the board goes up,those two know there off
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 4950 viewsManinBlack

My worst fears came true losing to Posh again to a 7-2 aggregate mauling. It is what we do, lose to those doomed to relegation. Barnsley were down the moment they beat us and Peterborough have had it too and they join the likes of Bolton and Rotherham of beating us as they head down. Swindon and our cup exploits to lower league sides prepares me for days like today.

I am not advocating we change the manager but there is no doubt that clubs like Forest, Boro, Sheffield Utd and Luton bringing back the bitter one, has transformed them changing the manager and put them in the play off picture. Personally I would have like Chris Wilder but we have missed that boat. I would not mind Nuno as he did a fine job at Wolves but they spent a lot, I don't think he would join us with a bargain basement budget.

Many have said that we have made progress improving this season but the season finishes in May, not January, and now it feels we are in free fall and will finish lower than last season, eradicating all the good work up to January.

To be fair to Warburton he has a number of older players who seem to have run out of gas as the number of games has caught up with them. Then there are the injuries and a lack of a goal threat combined with a defence that has always been dodgy in recent years and the fact we have veered away from the entertaining style of play. The morale and belief has gone and now we look like the team in the first half of the 2020/21 season and turned full circle.

It is a blessing not to go up where our lack of pace and fitness will be ruthlessly exposed in the Premier league and clearly we are not ready for such a step up. Look at it this way, in the Premier league Fulham would be one of the easiest games on paper and they blow us away in the championship.

If we face Fulham next without Dieng, Willock and Dykes then Fulham may well add another big away win to go with the 5-1's at Huddersfield and Swansea and 7-0's at Blackburn and Reading if we play like we did second half today.

I really don't know where we go next in terms of the manager as we need younger, fitter players with some pace next season. Without this I don't see a new man in charge able to get much more out of the majority of this current squad.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 4946 viewsAntti_Heinola

Whichever way you look at it, next season is now a huge and very difficult job.
Barbet looks like he’s off.
Willock will likely go.
I actually think the performances of chair and dickie will mean both will stay and think dieng will too.
But we will need:
Minimum of two, likely three, maybe four full/wing backs given the four we have are out of contract in the summer, other than kakay.
New cb to replace barbet.
Replacement for willock, plus possibly one more attacker.
Another striker.
Possibly a reserve keeper.

That is seriously major surgery even if we only lose Willock. And on top of that a complete loss of form and confidence that will see us likely lose 6 or 7 of our remaining games.

How things have gone this bleak this quickly is as surprising as the turnaround in the opposite direction last january.

I think Warbs has been a fab manager for us. But i have to admit a case is building. Taking Amos off today seemed like pig headedness because with a break in front of us it simply can’t have been a sports science decision. We still would have lost, but nothing made sense about it. At that stage we needed three goals to save the season. Go for broke. Take off sanderson, go to a back 4, go with 4 up front and amos and field behind.

Bare bones.

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:28 - Mar 20 with 4937 viewsNed_Kennedys

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:14 - Mar 20 by BklynRanger

He's his own worst enemy at times Big T. Whatever he's thinking tactically on that it was asking for trouble. That was like a dicing with relegation atmosphere today in the second half and the whole place could feel it including the players. Something strangely off since the end of January.

To answer the OP I'd far rather stick with Warbs but he's going to have to want it and I do think what's gone wrong in the last few weeks needs to be learned from rather than glossed over with phrases like "they're human".

If our form of the last 6 weeks continues we will finish bottom half of the table and I’d class it as poor season overall.

It’s got the feel of the end of John Gregory’s and Schteeve’s reigns at the moment with poor team selections, one dimensional tactics, baffling substitutions and continually picking his favourites leading to poor performances and results.

Down to Warburton to turn it around quickly: if he can’t then it’s over for him IMO.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:55 - Mar 20 with 4771 viewsSK_hoops

WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:04 - Mar 20 by Sharpy36

Yeah lets keep looking side ways and backwards. It`s how we play, so why not have that mindset to.

Nuno Espirito Santos is not ever coming here in our current situation I'm sorry.
WARBS MUST STAY WHEREVER WE FINISH on 15:59 - Mar 20 with 4749 viewsted_hendrix

Players are off form, the Manager is off form, the club has gone lethargic as have the fans (understandably)

I always treat conspiracy theory's with contempt but since the January transfer window even I'm begining to think somethings not right behind the scenes, either that or we've been playing way beyond expectations.

Warburton and our squad got us into the top six, nobody else and It's Warburton and our squad that's dumped us out of it.

I do not have an answer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024