Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs Big Mistake Today 15:53 - Mar 20 with 5082 viewsParkRoyalR

Playing Sanderson, his very poor defending led to 1st + 3rd goals and did'nt help playing Dunne out of position on left which contributed in part to him giving away a very poor penalty.

Barbet, Willock + Dykes on top of their games and we are a completely different team.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:04 - Mar 20 with 3563 viewspaulparker

Vigil van Sanderson has been an awful signing, wouldn’t sense danger if you lit a fire under his feet
I get the impression he thinks he is to good for this

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:12 - Mar 20 with 3500 viewsStreathamRanger

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:04 - Mar 20 by paulparker

Vigil van Sanderson has been an awful signing, wouldn’t sense danger if you lit a fire under his feet
I get the impression he thinks he is to good for this

Plays like he thinks he's doing us a favour. None of Barbet's power or desire despite being a big man. Nothing boils my piss more than weak centre backs. I hope he never plays for us again.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:29 - Mar 20 with 3384 viewsrrrspricey

Fully support Warbs but don't understand his insistence at playing Sanderson over Barbet.

More mystifying and is i literally can't imagine any pro playing badly enough to be replaced by Hendrick
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:35 - Mar 20 with 3341 viewsessextaxiboy

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:29 - Mar 20 by rrrspricey

Fully support Warbs but don't understand his insistence at playing Sanderson over Barbet.

More mystifying and is i literally can't imagine any pro playing badly enough to be replaced by Hendrick

Barbet has prob told them he is off in the summer .Warburtons principles at play IMO.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:36 - Mar 20 with 3335 viewscorse

I wouldt call snderson off yet. Yes he made mistakes but
do we recall how barbet was when he signed. Red cards, silly mistakes etc but you could tell there was a player in there despite the fact 90 per cent of the fans were ready to dump him. Now he has been one of our best players for two seasons. And I think there has been glimpses that there is a player in sanderson too. We ve made far worse signings in recent years. Far worse.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:40 - Mar 20 with 3295 viewsStreathamRanger

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:36 - Mar 20 by corse

I wouldt call snderson off yet. Yes he made mistakes but
do we recall how barbet was when he signed. Red cards, silly mistakes etc but you could tell there was a player in there despite the fact 90 per cent of the fans were ready to dump him. Now he has been one of our best players for two seasons. And I think there has been glimpses that there is a player in sanderson too. We ve made far worse signings in recent years. Far worse.

There's been nothing to suggest we're signing him though. Just letting him make mistakes for us so he doesn't make them for Wolves. If we had or were signing him then I'd cut him some more slack. If Barbet is fit he plays. Why tinker with a working back 3? Poor management.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:42 - Mar 20 with 3277 viewsPinnerPaul

No doubt plenty more of these threads, but come on, blaming that debacle on one player or the manager is just a bit silly imo.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:42 - Mar 20 with 3270 viewsPinnerPaul

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:29 - Mar 20 by rrrspricey

I'm mystified by our wonderful fans booing one of their own players ON to the pitch!
Login to get fewer ads

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:49 - Mar 20 with 3212 viewsnumptydumpty

Masterson and de Wijs have both looked decent in the hoops at times.

Strange to bring in a loan player and send two our own out on loan, when they would be decent subs given injuries.

But sanderson now sent off and dreadful performances, it's proven to be a costly mistake..
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 16:51]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:52 - Mar 20 with 3186 viewslarsricchi

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:40 - Mar 20 by StreathamRanger

There's been nothing to suggest we're signing him though. Just letting him make mistakes for us so he doesn't make them for Wolves. If we had or were signing him then I'd cut him some more slack. If Barbet is fit he plays. Why tinker with a working back 3? Poor management.

If we are giving Barbet the Ryan Manning treatment and in doing so are playing instead a loanee who has not looked up to it AND has already been sent off once since arriving just the other day…well…make it make sense, someone, please?!
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:52 - Mar 20 with 3184 viewsNorthantsHoop

January loan signings have done the opposite of what they did last season. Regardless of keeper situation if you rely on those that are not your players through a season then you will pay the price. I was bemused by the loss of de wijs who is a fighter for a Wolves reserve and Hendrick who has stifled Amos and Johansen in the midfield.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:09 - Mar 20 with 3063 viewsPetros

Central defence was a relatively solid and consistent part of the team. Today’s inexplicable tinkering (with a new goalkeeper!) is the most bizarre decision I’ve seen for a while. Dunne has been great this season, moved to left and just played by far his worst game for us. While our left footed centre back sat on the bench. Sanderson was poor. It has cost us dear.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:12 - Mar 20 with 3046 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:35 - Mar 20 by essextaxiboy

Barbet has prob told them he is off in the summer .Warburtons principles at play IMO.

My thoughts are that we might have an option on Sanderson and Barbet is definitely off, so Warbs is testing the option? Trying to find reasons.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:13 - Mar 20 with 3043 viewsQPR_John

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:12 - Mar 20 by Hastings_Hoops

My thoughts are that we might have an option on Sanderson and Barbet is definitely off, so Warbs is testing the option? Trying to find reasons.

You test options when their is nothing to play for.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:18 - Mar 20 with 3009 viewsParkRoyalR

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:42 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

No doubt plenty more of these threads, but come on, blaming that debacle on one player or the manager is just a bit silly imo.

Read Petros's post, we've seen already this season this back 3 doesn't work, Sanderson too easily beaten for 1st + 3rd goals, two goals up, ten men behind the ball, Charlie Austin on, no chance of getting back into that game, even if Willock was playing.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:18 - Mar 20 with 3003 viewsstevec

I pointed this stuff out weeks ago, fckin insane putting one of the best centre backs out left in Dunne, Dickie far better on the right side of back three, all to shoehorn that fckin waste of space Sanderson into the team.

It’s not like we hadn’t seen this coming, it showed itself at fckin Peterboro of all places!

To me Warburton is a spent force. He’s done a good job, but there’s something fatally wrong with his thinking to get this so wrong. We had a defence in Dickie, Dunne and Barbet which worked and is half the battle in getting a decent side together.

Mark my words, Warbs won’t come back from this.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:35 - Mar 20 with 2919 viewsDamo1962

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 16:52 - Mar 20 by NorthantsHoop

January loan signings have done the opposite of what they did last season. Regardless of keeper situation if you rely on those that are not your players through a season then you will pay the price. I was bemused by the loss of de wijs who is a fighter for a Wolves reserve and Hendrick who has stifled Amos and Johansen in the midfield.

Johansen wasn't great before Hendricks arrived. Agree that Hendricks is shite though, and shouldn't be keeping one of our own out.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:43 - Mar 20 with 2882 viewsNorrisGreen

Sorry, can someone tell me a single player that has thrived and developed under Warburton's reign this season?

Why is Dion getting singled out - he's just the latest in a long line of players to go to pot under Warburton's tutelage here.

Warb's big mistake today was turning up for work.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:49 - Mar 20 with 2842 viewsParkRoyalR

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:43 - Mar 20 by NorrisGreen

Sorry, can someone tell me a single player that has thrived and developed under Warburton's reign this season?

Why is Dion getting singled out - he's just the latest in a long line of players to go to pot under Warburton's tutelage here.

Sanderson is being singled out as very poor defending to let his man get his cross in that led to 1st goal and was beaten far too easily on bye-line for their 3rd and decisive goal.

Dunne + Dickie were played out of position to accommodate Sanderson and we saw at Peterboro away this weakens our team, so was a big mistake to repeat again today.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:51 - Mar 20 with 2825 viewsPhilmyRs

He made poor decisions today but let’s not rewrite the season. Players that have thrived under Warbs you say? Willock the obvious one, then there’s Dunne, Barbet has probably played his best football, Field and Dieng pretty damn good as well. Chair, Dickie and Wallace have had their moments too.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 2817 viewsLazyFan

Sanderson should not have started. He's not as good as the others, but useful as a sub.
The Dutchie would have been injured anyway.

Sanderson is just okay and should not play right side as clearly that's not his side.

What is more interesting is that Kakay is not picked, when he would have clearly stopped Marriot in his tracks.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 2811 viewslarsricchi

To answer your question, Jimmy Dunne?

For me, Sanderson is in the crosshairs because he is playing and Barbet is not, and we’ve lost 3-1 in both of those instances, and Sanderson definitely contributed to that scoreline today.

And let’s not pretend Warbs has been consistent with his “sign a contract or sit” “principles”–BOS played without extending.

Barbet is our player for at least a few more weeks. Play him.

EDIT: after reading Philmy’s response, I should clarify I was sticking to CBs with my answer. Willock is indeed another obvs answer to your question.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 17:56]
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:57 - Mar 20 with 2783 viewsGroveR

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:13 - Mar 20 by QPR_John

Which pretty much sums up where we've ended up.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 18:31 - Mar 20 with 2671 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warbs Big Mistake Today on 17:13 - Mar 20 by QPR_John

I don’t disagree.
Warbs Big Mistake Today on 18:32 - Mar 20 with 2662 viewsed_83

I'm 100% behind Warburton, think he's done an incredible job, want him to stay regardless of where we finish this season etc etc etc.

But he's had an absolute shocker today. Sanderson looked great before his sending off against Blackpool, but ever since then he's been dire, and cost us at least one goal today without looking remotely bothered about it. And yet we're not only keeping him in the team, we're keeping Barbet out of the starting lineup and shunting Dunne across the back three to accommodate him. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Then there are the subs. We're chasing the game, Gray's scored three in three and Charlie plays better with someone alongside him - why are we taking him off? Amos has done everything right, winning the ball high up the field, scores a great goal, and comes off for Hendrick? We loaned in two players in positions we didn't need, and we've continued to play them both, despite their performances making the team worse. It's absurd.

I think Clive's usual caveat is extremely relevant here - we don't know what happens behind closed doors, maybe Amos is carrying a knock, maybe we're contractually obliged to give Hendrick and Sanderson X number of minutes - but whatever the reasons the decisions being taken are harming the team.

I thought Warburton's post-match interview was honest and decent: he's completely write to say that the team deserved to be booed off by the fans, and that what matters is how the players respond. But we've heard that before, and we still end up with the dross we've seen today. I felt offended haviing paid a tenner for the stream, people who went in person must be livid. We need to see a very serious reaction from the coaching staff and players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024