Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worrying if we should lose Field 16:58 - Apr 9 with 2747 viewsextratimeR

He doesn't usually get mentioned at top of list, but if I was looking at current Rangers team then that's who I would want.
Worrying if we should lose Field on 17:01 - Apr 9 with 2693 viewsbosh67

I don't think we will. I think he will start next season. We'll keep Willock and others. For me the biggest issue is lack of pace throughout this team. Only Amos and Willock have any at all. Has to be something we address next season, especially up front.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Worrying if we should lose Field on 17:15 - Apr 9 with 2585 viewsNorthantsHoop

Worrying if we should lose Field on 17:01 - Apr 9 by bosh67

I don't think we will. I think he will start next season. We'll keep Willock and others. For me the biggest issue is lack of pace throughout this team. Only Amos and Willock have any at all. Has to be something we address next season, especially up front.

I agree it is pace that is missing, always thought that Johnson in Preston's midfield is pacy and dangerous, sort of player we need to be in the market for. Far too slow getting forward especially through centre midfield. Although better performance today, although we don't take our chances, Preston did and there you go.
Worrying if we should lose Field on 17:43 - Apr 9 with 2446 viewsDamo1962

Apart from Dieng and Willock, I don't think we have to worry about anyone coming in for the !Ike's of Field. Is he really that good anyway? I keep hearing how awful our mid- field is, and he is playing nearly every week.
Worrying if we should lose Field on 20:14 - Apr 9 with 2219 viewstimeforheroes

I like Field a lot but it can't be ignored that our performances have dipped since he started playing every game since stoke at home. Not saying he's at fault, does his job excellently but even including the winning run performances haven't been there. Just saying like
Worrying if we should lose Field on 20:31 - Apr 9 with 2170 viewsQPROslo

Moses has good pace. Hope we can keep him another year.
Worrying if we should lose Field on 21:42 - Apr 9 with 2014 viewsMalintabuk

I'm struggling to think who would come in for any of our players at the moment?
And if anyone did, they certainly would not be offering the figures we are needing to survive.
If our business plan was to develop players for resale to sur I've then the last few weeks will have seriously damaged that
Worrying if we should lose Field on 21:50 - Apr 9 with 1998 viewswombat

Worrying if we should lose Field on 20:14 - Apr 9 by timeforheroes

I like Field a lot but it can't be ignored that our performances have dipped since he started playing every game since stoke at home. Not saying he's at fault, does his job excellently but even including the winning run performances haven't been there. Just saying like

Think if you can’t see the work field does then you haven’t seen much football over the years , best player in they position since faurlin , does the work of two players most games esp since johanson has dipped badly in form since jan , Moses in is in Mathew rose land at the moment , sticking his foot in now as his contract is up in June , shame he didn’t before the last few games , off load at the end of the season for me

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Worrying if we should lose Field on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 1981 viewsqueensparker

Controversial one, but I have been pondering for a while that our dire run of form and frankly appalling midfield control of games has coincided with Field’s first extended run in the team.

Don’t get me wrong I’m in no way digging out his effort and tackling and defending, it’s been outstanding. But with the ball he’s very one footed, predictable and almost never plays it forward. Onto his left foot and sideways/back. That throughball to Gray today was a collectors item.
Login to get fewer ads

Worrying if we should lose Field on 21:55 - Apr 9 with 1980 viewstimeforheroes

Worrying if we should lose Field on 21:50 - Apr 9 by wombat

Think if you can’t see the work field does then you haven’t seen much football over the years , best player in they position since faurlin , does the work of two players most games esp since johanson has dipped badly in form since jan , Moses in is in Mathew rose land at the moment , sticking his foot in now as his contract is up in June , shame he didn’t before the last few games , off load at the end of the season for me

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan but we haven't been performing of late and one change that's taken place in those run of performances is him being one of our two midfielders every game. Just wondering if it has affected the other midfielder in our setup having him in there- if so not sure why because surely having an extremely tidy footballer screening the back 3 intercepting the ball on regular basis, tackling the opposition given the opportunity and winning fouls regularly should be a positive
Worrying if we should lose Field on 22:00 - Apr 9 with 1969 viewswombat

Worrying if we should lose Field on 21:55 - Apr 9 by timeforheroes

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan but we haven't been performing of late and one change that's taken place in those run of performances is him being one of our two midfielders every game. Just wondering if it has affected the other midfielder in our setup having him in there- if so not sure why because surely having an extremely tidy footballer screening the back 3 intercepting the ball on regular basis, tackling the opposition given the opportunity and winning fouls regularly should be a positive

Think the positives he brings outweighs the negatives , steff form has been the thing that’s badly affected the midfield since Jan , although he was better today esp breaking forward , think if fields missing we have zero chance of winning the ball in the midfield and protecting the back four , he needs to be partnered by somebody who can pick that all out dozeell maybe if he toughens up next season . Few behind me today was moaning every time chair got the ball regardless what he did thought he had a tidy game today as well as did. Sanderson who looked decent and the player he thought he was when he was at Birmingham . Today was so much better then Tuesday night more playing the ball forward better tackling but the zero confidence up front killed us first half .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Worrying if we should lose Field on 22:10 - Apr 9 with 1945 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two things to add to this conversation.

1) For Field to go to the next level he needs to retain possession better after he wins it.

2) Having said that, I think Field's playing very well. The problem I saw today is that he was holding and the other midfielders were either too far ahead of the ball and therefore out of the game too often or too deep and not pressing the ball.

I think it's a shape problem, and it happens quite a bit under Warburton as he does risk giving up the central 20-30 yards of the pitch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worrying if we should lose Field on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 1942 viewsVancouverHoop

Thomas has pace, but he tends to run only in straight lines. He's not very maneuverable. McCallum is fast too, but we haven't seen enough of him to appreciate what he might be able to do with it.
Worrying if we should lose Field on 23:10 - Apr 9 with 1843 viewsgobbles

Worrying if we should lose Field on 22:10 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Two things to add to this conversation.

1) For Field to go to the next level he needs to retain possession better after he wins it.

2) Having said that, I think Field's playing very well. The problem I saw today is that he was holding and the other midfielders were either too far ahead of the ball and therefore out of the game too often or too deep and not pressing the ball.

I think it's a shape problem, and it happens quite a bit under Warburton as he does risk giving up the central 20-30 yards of the pitch.

Field is very good at putting himself about and breaking up play, but he seldom if ever then finds a decent pass. He needs to play further up the pitch and then look for balls forward or at least wide, rather than constantly backwards. For all the games he has played, I don;t remember him setting up a single chance (excluding today's penalty). But that is a problem for the whole team right now, we don't seem to have anyone (bar Thomas and Chair) who seems to want the ball. Amos today seemed desperate to get rid of it as soon as it came his way today.
Worrying if we should lose Field on 23:43 - Apr 9 with 1768 viewsted_hendrix

I dont think we've got any saleable assets, Seny Dieng, Robert Dickie, Chris Willock all out for the rest of the season and no Manager is gonna take a chance on their respective fitness this coming Summer.
As for the rest of the squad I suppose Dunne and Chair might raise a bit of interest but I doubt It, they are no way ready to step up a league at all, and what's the point of them moving to another Championship club apart from money I suppose.

For the life of me I can't think of any of our current players being scouted at the moment or If they are I wouldn't be bothered, they'll be here next season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Worrying if we should lose Field on 01:22 - Apr 10 with 1672 viewstimeforheroes

Worrying if we should lose Field on 22:00 - Apr 9 by wombat

Think the positives he brings outweighs the negatives , steff form has been the thing that’s badly affected the midfield since Jan , although he was better today esp breaking forward , think if fields missing we have zero chance of winning the ball in the midfield and protecting the back four , he needs to be partnered by somebody who can pick that all out dozeell maybe if he toughens up next season . Few behind me today was moaning every time chair got the ball regardless what he did thought he had a tidy game today as well as did. Sanderson who looked decent and the player he thought he was when he was at Birmingham . Today was so much better then Tuesday night more playing the ball forward better tackling but the zero confidence up front killed us first half .

Yeah you're probably right, was just posing the question. Agreed re. Sanderson, looked good today and anyone who says he doesn't care didn't see him diving in today- in fact there were 3 players diving in to block on multiple occasions in the first half, enjoyed it. Had a few Chair moaners round me today too, suppose they're probably relying on similar logic in terms of results as I was in posing the Field question!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024