Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley Sack Dyche 10:41 - Apr 15 with 10544 viewsMarc

Ok, they're struggling this season, but does seem a strange one
Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:46 - Apr 15 with 6002 viewsMarc

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:46 - Apr 15 with 5999 viewsbosh67

Just confirmed. Yes very strange but perhaps has done as much as he could, which has generally been astonishing given what he has had to work with and the players he has lost on a regular basis.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:48 - Apr 15 with 5978 viewsMarc

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:46 - Apr 15 by bosh67

Just confirmed. Yes very strange but perhaps has done as much as he could, which has generally been astonishing given what he has had to work with and the players he has lost on a regular basis.

You'd fancy them to bounce back with him in charge like they've done previously when relegated.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:49 - Apr 15 with 5956 viewsMyke

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:48 - Apr 15 by Marc

You'd fancy them to bounce back with him in charge like they've done previously when relegated.

Now that is a real option if Warburton departs. Wasn't Hoos at Burnley?
Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:54 - Apr 15 with 5934 viewsdavman

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:49 - Apr 15 by Myke

Didn't take too long, did it?

This squad under Dyche? Do me a favour.

They have only ever had more than 50% possession under him once or twice.

No thanks.

Plus, do you really think we can afford him?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:57 - Apr 15 with 5913 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’d say he’s some what institutionalised in his ways.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:01 - Apr 15 with 5899 viewssevenhoop

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:54 - Apr 15 by davman

No thanks.

Wouldn’t want him. Want warburton to say.

This should also be a lesson for all those who periodically call for the owners here to go. Burnley are being raped by their new owners and this is the price
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:10 - Apr 15 with 5820 viewsMyke

Burnley Sack Dyche on 10:54 - Apr 15 by davman

No thanks.

On the last point, we can't afford Warburton either, but he doesn't need the money, I doubt if Dyche does either, might just need a new challenge.
With regard to possession, our biggest complaint at the moment is playing 'tippy tappy' football and not venturing past the half -way line. I am not suggesting hoof-ball, but last year when we had a fit, interested Austin in our ranks he regularly came deep to take longer balls from defence/goalkeeper and sprayed it left or right to get our wing/backs or Willock involved to great effect.
I think Dyche is a bit underrated in terms of the football they played at times. Their left winger, McNeil is very decent and regularly gets in decent crosses, all their attacks don't come from long balls.
Plus he understands working on a tight budget and could get the best out of Gray if we were to have him next year. It may not work, and I still want Warburton to stay ( I think), but a lot worse options than Dyche have been suggested
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:16 - Apr 15 with 5776 viewsLogman

For anyone dreaming that he might come to use, bear in mind that the last English manager to take and keep a small town club in the Prem (Eddie Howe) took a year off and then got a lucrative 3 year contract at one of the richest clubs in the world, i.e. forget it.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 11:19]
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:18 - Apr 15 with 5766 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:10 - Apr 15 by Myke

On the last point, we can't afford Warburton either, but he doesn't need the money, I doubt if Dyche does either, might just need a new challenge.
With regard to possession, our biggest complaint at the moment is playing 'tippy tappy' football and not venturing past the half -way line. I am not suggesting hoof-ball, but last year when we had a fit, interested Austin in our ranks he regularly came deep to take longer balls from defence/goalkeeper and sprayed it left or right to get our wing/backs or Willock involved to great effect.
I think Dyche is a bit underrated in terms of the football they played at times. Their left winger, McNeil is very decent and regularly gets in decent crosses, all their attacks don't come from long balls.
Plus he understands working on a tight budget and could get the best out of Gray if we were to have him next year. It may not work, and I still want Warburton to stay ( I think), but a lot worse options than Dyche have been suggested

I might get stick for this and ignoring the obvious links with Hoos, I agree with what others are saying. I too am in the Warbs should stay camp but if Dyche was to come in only hypothetical obvs as part of the interview process surely they would ask "how would you set the team up to play?" If he was interested in working to our budget and style of play then surely he has to be an option? Salary is another different question...

It has been mentioned by some on here that we are looking possibly for a manager to take us to the next level and Dyche has kept a very ordinary unfashionable Burnley in the Prem.

All speculation but from afar we could do worse.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 5713 viewsdigswellhoop

dyche for warborton?😇
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 5708 viewsLogman

It isn't going to happen. There are lots of hobby horses free on the Premier/Upper Championship merry-go round formerly taken by the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, Bruce and soon to be Lampard. He will get a job at Everton, Leeds, Norwich etc in no time at all.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 5649 viewsWren67

Oh please no no and thrice no.

We have a good manager lets keep him.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:45 - Apr 15 with 5582 viewsToast_R

Warburton to Burnley, if QPR stupidly let him go?
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:53 - Apr 15 with 5544 viewssandsofporto

Why would we not consider Dyche. Very good manager done a great job at Burnley, absolutely ideal for us. I really do not understand the whole Warburton love in thing. He has done a great job but i think we should move on and get someone else. Look at Brentford changed the manager a few times and look where they are. The important part is what is going on behind the scenes. Football has changed in the last 10 years. I am old school and always believed in keeping a good manager for as long as possible. Those days are long gone and the new method appears to be a change of management. Works for loads of clubs so why not for us.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 5512 viewsthemodfather

classic the "games in hand" syndrome, if we win em we are safe etc, and they aint winning em. he did a great job there. can a new manager keep them up with a few games left?
Burnley Sack Dyche on 12:08 - Apr 15 with 5449 viewsknocker

If Warburton is sacked, a yes from me.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 12:19 - Apr 15 with 5390 viewsdenhamhoop2

Pure madness bit like Sheffield United sacking Wilder that is Burnley done for staying up and the best man to take them back up gone at the same time.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 5355 viewsQPsyR

FFS

Suu Suu Suicide

FKA AcidPixie

Burnley Sack Dyche on 12:34 - Apr 15 with 5297 viewsozexile

End these threads. It'll be Eustace.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 12:35]
Burnley Sack Dyche on 12:39 - Apr 15 with 5261 viewslightwaterhoop

Come on everybody Dyche is a different class as a manager than Warburton.He has performed minor miracles at Burnley.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 12:53 - Apr 15 with 5188 viewsswitchingcode

Strange decision,biggest problem for the fans is the ownership of their club.Dyche has recently signed a 4 year contract so he won’t be in a rush to find a new club.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 13:32 - Apr 15 with 4963 viewsNewBee

@sandsofporto:
"Look at Brentford changed the manager a few times and look where they are."

Not really comparable to either Burnley/Dyche or QPR/Warburton.

The only one we've "changed" voluntarily, was Dijkhuizen - realised he was a mistake, cut our losses immediately, sacked him after a dozen games. (His subsequent career has proven this to have been correct).

Whereas Rosler and Smith both left for a bigger/better job, while Warburton could have stayed had he been prepared to accept his job being reconfigured from Manager to Head Coach.

The key is having a stable structure throughout a club, so that the new man - whether Manager or Head Coach - can fit in seamlessly.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 13:35]
Burnley Sack Dyche on 13:35 - Apr 15 with 4958 viewsQPR_John

Burnley Sack Dyche on 11:45 - Apr 15 by Toast_R

Warburton to Burnley, if QPR stupidly let him go?

Or he decides to go.
Burnley Sack Dyche on 14:26 - Apr 15 with 4789 viewsSonofpugwash

Nah,he won't come - doesn't want to pay London beer prices.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024