Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of the darkness cometh light - Report 17:57 - Apr 16 with 3030 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report 16th Apr 2022 17:38
Not many letters written home about a 2-2 draw at Huddersfield Town, but given QPR's complete and utter collapse of recent weeks their recovery from an atrocious start to a Good Friday trip north at least added some sugar to this week's gruel serving. 20

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 19:30 - Apr 16 with 2721 views222gers

A good, encouraging report - thank you Clive. We must be in with a good shout of winning our remaining games and finishing in the higher position that our general form over the whole season warrants.
Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 20:31 - Apr 16 with 2584 viewscolinallcars

Yes, important to get some good results in these remaining matches.
A lot of us, browned off at being buggered about by Sky are having second thoughts about renewing our STs, and a good end to the season will go a long way to allaying our fears.
Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 08:25 - Apr 17 with 2008 viewsstevec

Good report as per usual, but hold on a minute, Ramadan or no Ramadan, ilias Chair, on a train, travelling to the game… on his own?

Surely a story in itself!
Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 08:44 - Apr 17 with 1985 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 08:25 - Apr 17 by stevec

Good report as per usual, but hold on a minute, Ramadan or no Ramadan, ilias Chair, on a train, travelling to the game… on his own?

Surely a story in itself!

Yes he was on my train Friday morning.
I’ll probably butcher this but I believe it’s something along the lines of…
During your Ramadan fast you are allowed to break it and eat if you’re going on a “long journey” that day. Journey has to be long, has to start before dawn prayer, and has to be for a non-sinful purpose (which apparently playing Huddersfield qualifies for). So by travelling on the day he was able to eat before the game. I think.

https://www.dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewFatwa.aspx?ID=8082

I mean, as an atheist I’ll bite my tongue a little bit here, and just leave it at… that’s the reason.
Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 09:09 - Apr 17 with 1906 viewsOldPedro

Whatever the reason, if he plays like that after travelling on his own, maybe he should do it more often!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 09:10 - Apr 17 with 1903 viewskropotkin41

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 08:44 - Apr 17 by Northernr

During your Ramadan fast you are allowed to break it and eat if you’re going on a “long journey” that day. Journey has to be long, has to start before dawn prayer, and has to be for a non-sinful purpose (which apparently playing Huddersfield qualifies for). So by travelling on the day he was able to eat before the game. I think.

I mean, as an atheist I’ll bite my tongue a little bit here, and just leave it at… that’s the reason.

Given how he played, maybe you and I should both leave our atheism, with our shoes, outside the mosque door for the remainder of the season.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 1482 viewscolinallcars

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 08:44 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I remember back through the swirling mists of time when we signed Mark Lazarus, telling my mates at school that as he was Jewish he wouldn't be able to play Saturdays and would only feature in midweek games.
Some of them believed me.
Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 18:32 - Apr 17 with 1314 viewsGroveR

Show up and play like you have a pair of fùcking bòllocks and I'll forgive any Rangers team their technical faults. The manner of conceding that first goal was pub football but they didn't let their heads drop like Peterborough at home or Forest away. Much, much better.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of the darkness cometh light - Report on 09:37 - Apr 18 with 1021 viewsSK_hoops

Only 600 Rs fans, but they were all you could hear on sky.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024