Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One play off spot for grabs 22:13 - Apr 18 with 5875 viewsCamberleyR

Forest's win tonight pretty much guarantees them a spot. That leaves
Sheff Utd, Milwall, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, us and Coventry (just) still with a chance. West Brom although still mathematically there must be realistically out of it now.
So that leaves:
Sheff Utd 66 - Cardiff (H), Us (A), Fulham (H)
Millwall 65 - Birmingham (A), Peterborough (H), Scott Parker's Plucky Bournemouth (A)
Blackburn 63 - Preston (A), SPPB (H), Birmingham (A)
Middlesbrough 63 - Swansea (A), Cardiff (H), Stoke (H), Preston (A)
Us 63 - Stoke (A), Sheff Utd (H), Swansea (A)
Coventry 62 - West Brom (A), Huddersfield (H), Stoke (A)

I would say it was Sheff U's and Middlesbrough's to throw away although since thumping Peterborough, Boro have only taken one point from twelve.

Sheff U not in great form either with just one win (no prizes for guessing) in five. I wouldn't rule out Millwall nicking the last place given their last three games. You'd fancy them to win their next two, just depends if SPPB are already promoted (most likely).

We just need to take nine from nine and hope for the best but I think even 72 points might not just be enough. Thoughts?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 22:29]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

One play off spot for grabs on 22:19 - Apr 18 with 4536 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I’ve just done a league predictor thing. I had us missing out on goal difference on the last day as Sheff Utd beat, already Champions and on the beach, Fulham.
One play off spot for grabs on 22:22 - Apr 18 with 4503 viewsQPR_Jim

It seems unlikely, I think our performances have improved but still some way off the level to imagine us winning the next three on the bounce.

Having said that, if we did find form now and end up in a playoff spot it would put us in a good position for the playoffs. I'd rather be 6th on a streak than comfortably in but losing form.

I think what's going to be remembered at the end of the season is the 11pts dropped to the two worst teams in the league who, had it not been for points deduction to other clubs, are about 10 pts behind the 3rd worst team.
One play off spot for grabs on 23:07 - Apr 18 with 4334 viewsdaveB

3 points off with 3 to play, closest we have been for years

looking ats the fixtures have to fancy Millwall
One play off spot for grabs on 23:11 - Apr 18 with 4319 viewsMyke

One play off spot for grabs on 22:22 - Apr 18 by QPR_Jim

It seems unlikely, I think our performances have improved but still some way off the level to imagine us winning the next three on the bounce.

Having said that, if we did find form now and end up in a playoff spot it would put us in a good position for the playoffs. I'd rather be 6th on a streak than comfortably in but losing form.

I think what's going to be remembered at the end of the season is the 11pts dropped to the two worst teams in the league who, had it not been for points deduction to other clubs, are about 10 pts behind the 3rd worst team.

Yes. The first draw with Barnsley was more excusable as it came early in the season when they still had some residual confidence from last season. At the very least we should have drawn away to both teams and the home game with Boro was the moment I reasised we were not going to make it. That realisation, the performance and of course the result were the lowest points of the season for me. Even 5 more additional points from these 4 fixtures, would have us in a very strong position.
One play off spot for grabs on 23:31 - Apr 18 with 4234 viewsBoston

I'd fancy Blackburn.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

One play off spot for grabs on 23:39 - Apr 18 with 4210 viewsqprxtc

One day I’ll shag Cleopatra.

F ucking guaranteed; just not in my lifetime.
One play off spot for grabs on 05:28 - Apr 19 with 3990 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If we can beat Stoke and then Sheffield United we will be well placed.
Swansea for our final game will be tough as they are playing well.

We will need Bournemouth to keep winning so both Bournemouth and Fulham can beat Millwall and Sheffield United respectively.

It's doable but needs results to keep going our way.
One play off spot for grabs on 07:12 - Apr 19 with 3812 viewsthemodfather

did i miss something? Millwall are 7th and above us? wow if one team makes a late sugee every season, the lions are on a charge. millwall v luton p/offs!??
Login to get fewer ads

One play off spot for grabs on 08:14 - Apr 19 with 3628 viewsDixie_CT

If anyone fancies us to not only make the play offs, but also be promoted, we are about 125/1 with the bookies. They are rarely wrong 😑
One play off spot for grabs on 08:24 - Apr 19 with 3586 viewsRs_Holy

We will just miss out ... but to be honest I don't think that's a bad thing. If we got absolutely destroyed in the playoff semi's it might give the club a bit of a hangover going into the summer and pre-season... If we just miss out on the playoffs it would be less of a downer. That's my theory anyway!
One play off spot for grabs on 09:35 - Apr 19 with 3425 viewsToast_R

One play off spot for grabs on 08:24 - Apr 19 by Rs_Holy

We will just miss out ... but to be honest I don't think that's a bad thing. If we got absolutely destroyed in the playoff semi's it might give the club a bit of a hangover going into the summer and pre-season... If we just miss out on the playoffs it would be less of a downer. That's my theory anyway!

Unless we played Luton. Even when we're totally dross we seem to beat them.
One play off spot for grabs on 09:45 - Apr 19 with 3382 viewsTonto

as I said in another thread - goal difference is a big issue for us. realistically we need to gain an extra point off our rivals ahead of us or bang in goals like they are going out of fashion.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

One play off spot for grabs on 09:46 - Apr 19 with 3378 viewsMyke

That's some turnaround by Forest in fairness. I like Hughton as a player and as a person, but if they had sacked him a few games earlier and with Bournemouth's erratic form -who knows?
One play off spot for grabs on 10:50 - Apr 19 with 3249 viewsCamberleyR

One play off spot for grabs on 09:46 - Apr 19 by Myke

That's some turnaround by Forest in fairness. I like Hughton as a player and as a person, but if they had sacked him a few games earlier and with Bournemouth's erratic form -who knows?

Yes, I know we joke about their cast of millions but grudgingly you've got to have a smidge of admiration for what Cooper's done, 66 points from 33 games is title winning when extrapolated over a season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

One play off spot for grabs on 11:32 - Apr 19 with 3197 viewsTonto

One play off spot for grabs on 10:50 - Apr 19 by CamberleyR

Yes, I know we joke about their cast of millions but grudgingly you've got to have a smidge of admiration for what Cooper's done, 66 points from 33 games is title winning when extrapolated over a season.

he will still be sacked after a "poor start to the season" - i.e. didnt win all of the first 10 games

One play off spot for grabs on 11:40 - Apr 19 with 3176 viewsQPR_Jim

One play off spot for grabs on 09:35 - Apr 19 by Toast_R

Unless we played Luton. Even when we're totally dross we seem to beat them.

Image Nathan Jones face if we scraped in 6th, they finish 3rd and we knocked them out in the semi's. He'd probably explode
One play off spot for grabs on 12:11 - Apr 19 with 3112 viewsRs_Holy

One play off spot for grabs on 11:40 - Apr 19 by QPR_Jim

Image Nathan Jones face if we scraped in 6th, they finish 3rd and we knocked them out in the semi's. He'd probably explode

with Charlie getting the winner in injury time :)
One play off spot for grabs on 12:17 - Apr 19 with 3088 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I remember when we played Millwall how Clive's interview with their fans was all about how mid-table mediocre it had been. Just goes to show.....
One play off spot for grabs on 12:25 - Apr 19 with 3055 viewsdaveB

One play off spot for grabs on 10:50 - Apr 19 by CamberleyR

They look like the team to beat but is very open this year
One play off spot for grabs on 13:55 - Apr 19 with 2922 viewsTGRRRSSS

Sorry guys, it's gone.

Losing 3 times to Peterborough was what you could only describe as typically QPR
One play off spot for grabs on 14:00 - Apr 19 with 2895 viewssprocket

It's almost certainly too much to ask. Desperately disappointed...Playing like we were this time last year I would fancy us in the play-offs but not now however would have loved to make it to the play-offs as believe it would have been a good reward and catalyst for future years. If we don't make the play-offs...Warbs will be off. Rebuild with new manager/ideas etc...
One play off spot for grabs on 14:49 - Apr 19 with 2813 viewsTonto

One play off spot for grabs on 13:55 - Apr 19 by TGRRRSSS

Sorry guys, it's gone.

Losing 3 times to Peterborough was what you could only describe as typically QPR

yeah, but the hope...

One play off spot for grabs on 15:19 - Apr 19 with 2722 viewsfrancisbowles

Sorry guys, it's gone.

I know we are the outsiders being three points off 6th and with an inferior gd but there is still a chance. I bet Coventry haven't given up and they are a point worse off.
One play off spot for grabs on 15:23 - Apr 19 with 2702 viewsdaveB

Sorry guys, it's gone.

It's not gone though has it, 3 points and we still have to play the team in 6th at home. I wouldn't put any money on us but we have a chance
One play off spot for grabs on 15:30 - Apr 19 with 2649 viewsAntti_Heinola

The last few weeks were disastrous, one win in games we should have won - Peterborough, Cardiff in particular - and we'd be right in there. Now, it would be nice to take it to the last day. If we can beat Stoke, the Sheff U game is huge and the pressure is all on them.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024