Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? 19:47 - Apr 20 with 7179 viewsaston_hoop

Has a one year deal - do we keep him on? Been pretty good recently

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 19:47]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 3389 viewsStanisgod

Depends on the alternative I suppose.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 20:20 - Apr 20 with 3336 viewsBlue_Castello

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 19:58 - Apr 20 by Stanisgod

Depends on the alternative I suppose.

Agreed I'm not sure you can make a decision until you know the potential options, he's injury prone which we can't afford next year and there will be a lot of other options available, we need 2/3 full backs with pace and potential sell on value, tricky but achievable....
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 20:33 - Apr 20 with 3295 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Let’s see how he does in the Play Offs, but I don’t think he’s good enough for the Prem.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:15 - Apr 20 with 3154 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd twist, I think what he's missing is perhaps the hardest thing to teach. He'll do something great then just give the ball away with a simple 5yrd pass or get into a great position to cross then overhit the cross. It's like he thinks he's done the hard but so he switches off. I don't know how you solve that.

Not a bad player but if you're pushing for top 6 you need a bit more than that.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 3135 viewsNorthernr

Depends on
- what alternative they think they can get
- what salary he's on
- who the manager is going to be (very much Warbs' man)
- who you're going to cover him with, because he obviously can't do 40+ games
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 3066 viewsHunterhoop

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:18 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Depends on
- what alternative they think they can get
- what salary he's on
- who the manager is going to be (very much Warbs' man)
- who you're going to cover him with, because he obviously can't do 40+ games

Indeed.

Everything comes back to the question of do the club think they can get more for their money. Given we don’t know how much he’s costing us and what the salary demands of other players we could sign is, it’s hard to say.

I think that If he’s in the top half of salaries in the squad, I’d let go; If in the bottom half, I’d retain.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:43 - Apr 20 with 3053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stick.

He has a cracking name, and a Rangers haircut.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 3043 viewsMedwayR

Stick for another year but only as cover because he can play either side.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 21:52 - Apr 20 with 3007 viewsted_hendrix

I'd only keep him If he grows a goatee beard.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 22:02 - Apr 20 with 2974 viewsHAYESBOY

Keep. Yes, wont play all season but is a decent full back / wing back at this level and we cant afford to replace really. Kakay as back up. Also keep Adomah.
However, for me, Wallace should be released.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 22:09 - Apr 20 with 2946 viewsMrSheen

Yes please, our most (only?) improved player in the second half of the season, grit and energy we didn’t see much of before Christmas.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 22:10 - Apr 20 with 2941 viewsLoftgirl

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 20:33 - Apr 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Let’s see how he does in the Play Offs, but I don’t think he’s good enough for the Prem.

I like the cut of your jib.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 22:28 - Apr 20 with 2881 viewsed_83

Pros: he's performed very decently during the second half of this season, despite the team falling apart around him; he's got bags of pace, which we need; he works hard (I particularly remember the Blackpool game at home where he ran himself into the ground after we went down to 10 men); he's a good age; he can cover both full-back or wing-back positions; he probably won't be on a a massive wage.

Cons: his performances have been extremely inconsistent over the season as a whole; he's been injured a lot so unless we're happy with Kakay playing 25 games a season - which we probably shouldn't be if we're expecting another tilt at the playoffs - then we'd need to sign someone else to cover Moses' injury absences anyway; if Warburton goes then there's no guarantee any new manager would rate him; he's 29 so has limited sell-on value.

I think overall he's earned an extension, and that left-back is far more of a priority, but it all depends who else we might be able to bring in, and whether Warburton stays or goes.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 22:50 - Apr 20 with 2828 viewsbenhurst

I'd like to see us keep him as the first backup for both the new LWB and new RWB we'll hopefully sign. His both-footedness makes him very useful as a squad player and he's finally found some consistent form at the right end of the season.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 23:04 - Apr 20 with 2805 viewsBurnleyhoop

As a full back maybe, as a wing back, absolutely not.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 23:22 - Apr 20 with 2765 viewsLongsufferingR

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 23:04 - Apr 20 by Burnleyhoop

As a full back maybe, as a wing back, absolutely not.

Yes. The quality of his crossing just isn't consistent enough for a wing back but definitely worth keeping as back up to a new first choice whoever that may be. Was impressed with Kakay on Monday when he came on after a long period out of the 1st team picture.....
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 00:05 - Apr 21 with 2701 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 22:09 - Apr 20 by MrSheen

Yes please, our most (only?) improved player in the second half of the season, grit and energy we didn’t see much of before Christmas.

I'd say he's been our player of 2022 so far. We do need another good option in that position so depends on what we can afford.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 00:09 - Apr 21 with 2691 viewsHooparoo

A lot will depend on whether you Sam Mac wants to stick around I think. Not much point going back to Norwich if he likes London

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 04:49 - Apr 21 with 2572 viewsnadera78

Leaning towards twist. Strikes me as someone who plays well when there's a contract up for grabs, and that's not a trait I like.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 07:03 - Apr 21 with 2507 viewsNorthernr

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 04:49 - Apr 21 by nadera78

Leaning towards twist. Strikes me as someone who plays well when there's a contract up for grabs, and that's not a trait I like.

Hmm this thought has occurred to me with his sudden uptick of the last few weeks, given how well he played pre-season as well when he didn't have a deal. Touch of the Matthew Rose syndrome.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 07:06 - Apr 21 with 2503 viewsDWQPR

He was fantastic pre-season against ManUre and earned a contract. He was then poor/injured for the first six months of the season and has very much improved in the last couple of months when his contract is coming up for renewal…………I have my doubts but what are the alternatives?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 07:38 - Apr 21 with 2441 viewsstevec

If we do keep Moses on I suspect we will see him reproduce another carbon copy of this season but without Albert around to bail us out when needed.

You could make a case for his performances on the left side, so maybe back up for McCallum and a better right back.
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 07:53 - Apr 21 with 2424 viewsNorthernr

Do we think it's likely that McCallum will be back given Norwich are back in our league next season and he could just walk straight into their team?

I've got to be honest I'd be tempted to jettison all of them and focus most of our energy and budget there. We've got to decide who the manager is first, and then if we're sticking with the back three second, but if it's Warbs and we are then we need a total overhaul at wing back, focused on pace.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 08:20 - Apr 21 with 2355 viewsdaveB

Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 07:03 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Hmm this thought has occurred to me with his sudden uptick of the last few weeks, given how well he played pre-season as well when he didn't have a deal. Touch of the Matthew Rose syndrome.

think thats a bit harsh, since he's had a run in the side he's been very good, before that he would be in one game out the next moving from left to right so never saw the best of him.

Difficult call on whether to keep him, as you say a lot depends on who the manager is
Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist? on 08:28 - Apr 21 with 2334 viewsdmm

As has been alluded to already, whether or not he's retained could be determined by what formation we play next season.

The formation will be influenced by whether or not Willock and/or Chair stays and continue with two no 10s, and not only whether it'll be 3 or 2 CBs.

I've plumped for stick but there are many factors involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024