Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My bi-polar club 17:11 - Apr 23 with 1292 viewsMyke

If you were to take the performances of 2021 we would be in the Premier. If you were to take the performances of the latter half of 2020 and the 1st half of 2022 we would be in league 1. Such a dichotomy in performances and results is baffling with the same manager throughout and many players around for all or mostly of it. Staggering and I have no clue why
My bi-polar club on 16:27 - Apr 25 with 1065 viewsTacticalR

It's not the same team though.

Essential players like Dieng and Willock are out. Older players who revived our season like Johansen and Austin are either injured or off form or both. Players who were playing above themselves earlier in the season like Dickie have faded.

One area where I do feel there is a bit of schizophrenia is over the 'sustainable development' model. Is the club a shop window for developing and selling players à la NextGen (which Warburton mentioned in his interview with Finney on the QPR Podcast last week) where results are not the be-all and end-all (even if no-one is prepared to admit it), or is promotion everything?

Air hostess clique

My bi-polar club on 16:47 - Apr 25 with 1022 viewsdavman

My bi-polar club on 16:27 - Apr 25 by TacticalR

It's not the same team though.

Essential players like Dieng and Willock are out. Older players who revived our season like Johansen and Austin are either injured or off form or both. Players who were playing above themselves earlier in the season like Dickie have faded.

One area where I do feel there is a bit of schizophrenia is over the 'sustainable development' model. Is the club a shop window for developing and selling players à la NextGen (which Warburton mentioned in his interview with Finney on the QPR Podcast last week) where results are not the be-all and end-all (even if no-one is prepared to admit it), or is promotion everything?

Well, you could look at the summer window and think that we abandoned our development model to get Austin and Johansen in, but we also bought in Field and Dozzell, who (in my view) will make us a profit if sell them before their contracts expire. But then we had THAT January window which was a real kicker. Two loans in, one because we panicked over the fitness of (again in my view) our best defender in a back three and the other because he was a "name" (thought it was a crap move when he signed and even more so when I saw him play).

The proportion of our budget on Austin and Johansen might determine how much business we can do this summer. Unless Austin has a serious word with himself and either steps up his fitness in the pre-season or admits that it's time to retire, we're stuck with him. Hopefully, Stef will get back on track with some rest up time.

I think that the club saw an opportunity and went for it this season. Even in hindsight, I think that this was the season as we really did have a great chance; it just didn' t work. Hopefully, we've still got some credit against S&P targets otherwise we might take a big step back again next season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My bi-polar club on 18:18 - Apr 25 with 942 viewsbaz_qpr

My bi-polar club on 16:47 - Apr 25 by davman

Well, you could look at the summer window and think that we abandoned our development model to get Austin and Johansen in, but we also bought in Field and Dozzell, who (in my view) will make us a profit if sell them before their contracts expire. But then we had THAT January window which was a real kicker. Two loans in, one because we panicked over the fitness of (again in my view) our best defender in a back three and the other because he was a "name" (thought it was a crap move when he signed and even more so when I saw him play).

The proportion of our budget on Austin and Johansen might determine how much business we can do this summer. Unless Austin has a serious word with himself and either steps up his fitness in the pre-season or admits that it's time to retire, we're stuck with him. Hopefully, Stef will get back on track with some rest up time.

I think that the club saw an opportunity and went for it this season. Even in hindsight, I think that this was the season as we really did have a great chance; it just didn' t work. Hopefully, we've still got some credit against S&P targets otherwise we might take a big step back again next season.

If Dickie and Willock go, and Eze gets sold on to Newcastle that's £20m+ for reinvestment
My bi-polar club on 19:08 - Apr 25 with 874 viewsdavman

My bi-polar club on 18:18 - Apr 25 by baz_qpr

If Dickie and Willock go, and Eze gets sold on to Newcastle that's £20m+ for reinvestment

If Dickie and Willock go this summer, they won't go for as much as many will expect and Eze is starting tonight; unlikely to be going anywhere sadly...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024