Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions, questions, questions 10:07 - Apr 30 with 3596 viewsdmm

This has been one of the most disappointing ends to a season in years and now compounded by the ending of Warburton's tenure. The board must provide supporters with an answer to the most obvious question; "Why are you not renewing Warburton's contract?".

Their answer will no doubt be something to the effect that after three years, Warburton has not fulfilled his remit. From that will flow further questions such as:

Given the small budget on which Warburton has had to operate, has he not performed above the level that would have been reasonably expected?

Has the recent unprecedented injury list not been a significant factor in the alarming downturn in results over the past few months?

Why do they believe the significant disruption of bringing in a new manager will improve the club, particularly after the instability brought about by changing managers in previous years?

Do add your own questions.
Questions, questions, questions on 10:12 - Apr 30 with 3100 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Does bringing in a new manager (or coach?) need to be disruptive?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Questions, questions, questions on 10:24 - Apr 30 with 3035 viewsdmm

Questions, questions, questions on 10:12 - Apr 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Does bringing in a new manager (or coach?) need to be disruptive?

No, not absolutely, but it very often is as we've seen since, say, Holloway left in 2006. Since then I think the manager churn has been a significant disruption not least in QPR losing a playing identity which, under Warburton, we've started to re-establish.
Questions, questions, questions on 10:32 - Apr 30 with 3007 viewsstevec

To cut a long story short, I’ve lost my mind.
Questions, questions, questions on 10:58 - Apr 30 with 2915 viewsolderR

Questions, questions, questions on 10:24 - Apr 30 by dmm

No, not absolutely, but it very often is as we've seen since, say, Holloway left in 2006. Since then I think the manager churn has been a significant disruption not least in QPR losing a playing identity which, under Warburton, we've started to re-establish.

Perhaps the board don’t like the “Playing Identity “ that he has introduced.
Questions, questions, questions on 11:04 - Apr 30 with 2872 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Questions, questions, questions on 10:24 - Apr 30 by dmm

Yes I agree that changing manager has been disruptive in the past for us. Other clubs seem to cope with it better and perhaps this’ll be a good test of whether we’ve grown as a club. Maybe it’ll work out fine or maybe it’ll be a disaster. I really don’t know. It’s a brave decision that’s for certain.

Questions, questions, questions on 11:15 - Apr 30 with 2791 viewsstainrods_elbow

I feel sad, dismayed, furious and baffled by our whole sorry decline, but where is my therapy? Of course, it's horribly compounded by the fact that the last people who get told the truth about football clubs are fans, which operate as if they're concealing secrets of international security significance.

The manager and squad did lose my respect some weeks back, sorry to say, so I didn't really care too much what happened versus the Blades, which played out pretty much as I and many of us here suspected. If there was a chant for my disenchantment, after following this club for nearly half a century, it wouldn't be chantable.

Injuries, sure, but they are light years from getting Warburton or the players off the hook. He actually reminded me of Harry Redknapp at the post-match press conference last night, aggressively reeling off his missing player woes to try to explain our gutless display, and it's he who needs to show some intelligence and responsibility, not the journalist. That piece of unsavoury pantomime in itself made me think the Board were right to act to terminate him. A lot of the players he mentioned were in any case playing in a lot of our abject showings this year, including Willock, Barbet and Dickie. I don't think there's a single player in this squad I'd want to go into the Champuonship trenches with, and, to quote one of Mark's favourite platitudes, he needs to realise that.

Warburton and/or the club brought in Austin, Johansen, Field, Hendrick, Gray, Bonne and McCallum, extended Chair's contract, but the facts are we're still going to end up with a worse points tally than last season and likely bottom half finish, while having endured over some of the most abject, defeatist, gutless displays I've seen at QPR for years. I think it's right he loses his job, though I'll feel a lot better if we can tear up the contracts of one or two of those I've mentioned, send the loans home,and clean the house. I'll repeat I don't even think we've got the spine of a competitive and trustworthy team next season, unless this squad can grow one.

I don't know where we go from here, but I'm not paid massively to know. Qute honestly, the entire staff need putting in stocks on South Africa Road and pelting with putrefying fruit. I hate this post, but it needs to be said. Now who's going to dig us out of this f*cking Rs hole?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 12:12]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Questions, questions, questions on 12:59 - Apr 30 with 2618 viewsBoston

Fortunately, sport rarely affects my general countenance, win lose or draw, I just enjoy the moment. But, the last few weeks I’ve found myself a right pain to be around after a match, snappy, aggressive, not good. Strangely, I have a reasonably good feel about Swansea, the result really doesn’t matter and I’m getting a few months off after the final whistle, last day of school and all that.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 13:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Questions, questions, questions on 13:13 - Apr 30 with 2582 viewsManinBlack

I don't think Warburton was helped by clubs like Forest, Sheffield and Middlesbrough changing their managers when we were riding high and all finishing above us as we fell apart. I can understand why the owners may feel that the changes worked for those clubs but we all know we are usually not that lucky.

The issue for me is that we were playing in a manner that was good to watch in 2021 but it has disappeared this year. Quite frankly the style of play these last three months is even worse than before Warburton arrived. It feels to me that we are back where we were after the last manager change. Rather like a game of snakes and ladders as soon as it looked like we were near the top of the ladder, we have slithered back down the snake.

I have seen some poor QPR sides over the decades but at least they would have more than five touches in an opponents penalty box in one half. They would have more efforts on goal than we have mustered in many of these games in this shocking spell of form.

How we could be in our position and either have no shots or any on target in the business end of the season in several matches is beyond me. We turned into a boring team very quickly and on that basis I can understand why the change has been made. I have no doubt losing Willock and Dieng affected the attack and defence but it felt like we gave up after losing them.

It is a shame for Warburton who is a very likeable man who conducts himself well but when you are 24th in a lot of statistics in the last few months the tide in this game can turn against you very quickly.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 13:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Questions, questions, questions on 13:31 - Apr 30 with 2527 viewsOldPedro

Questions, questions, questions on 13:13 - Apr 30 by ManinBlack

I don't think Warburton was helped by clubs like Forest, Sheffield and Middlesbrough changing their managers when we were riding high and all finishing above us as we fell apart. I can understand why the owners may feel that the changes worked for those clubs but we all know we are usually not that lucky.

The issue for me is that we were playing in a manner that was good to watch in 2021 but it has disappeared this year. Quite frankly the style of play these last three months is even worse than before Warburton arrived. It feels to me that we are back where we were after the last manager change. Rather like a game of snakes and ladders as soon as it looked like we were near the top of the ladder, we have slithered back down the snake.

I have seen some poor QPR sides over the decades but at least they would have more than five touches in an opponents penalty box in one half. They would have more efforts on goal than we have mustered in many of these games in this shocking spell of form.

How we could be in our position and either have no shots or any on target in the business end of the season in several matches is beyond me. We turned into a boring team very quickly and on that basis I can understand why the change has been made. I have no doubt losing Willock and Dieng affected the attack and defence but it felt like we gave up after losing them.

It is a shame for Warburton who is a very likeable man who conducts himself well but when you are 24th in a lot of statistics in the last few months the tide in this game can turn against you very quickly.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 13:16]

Although Forest, Sheff U and Middlesboro were all underachieving under their previous managers and Forest and Sheff U especially have significantly stronger squads than we do

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Questions, questions, questions on 16:03 - Apr 30 with 2314 viewsDamo1962

Whilst the results have been awful since the start of 2022( bar a few bright moments) - the performances, especially at LR ...have been worse. If that side that I watched last night starts next season, we will be in a relegation scrap that we won't get out of. Hopefully the majority won't be here. Our recruitment needs to be better, and that's the job of the DOF.
Questions, questions, questions on 16:18 - Apr 30 with 2261 viewsDiscodroids

I've got a question for this Fackin' Board..

How many parts Strontiumniobium are needed to Argon, if i want to set up a highly unstabe Cooking factory to replicate Spice Melange in Leigh on sea, and thus crystallize obscene profits, when i'm not folding space and time in perpetuity?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Questions, questions, questions on 16:23 - Apr 30 with 2247 viewsManinBlack

Questions, questions, questions on 13:31 - Apr 30 by OldPedro

Although Forest, Sheff U and Middlesboro were all underachieving under their previous managers and Forest and Sheff U especially have significantly stronger squads than we do

That may be the case but it still takes time for a new manager to change things so their problems were sorted out very quickly as I thought it would be next season they would challenge.

Huddersfield also had a manager change and have similar budgets yet they have only lost 2 out of 25 games. Their squad is not that big nor is Luton's. We may be unlucky with injuries but that is no reason for stopping the attacking style of play and barely having a shot on goal in crucial games.
Questions, questions, questions on 17:15 - Apr 30 with 2161 viewsNortholt_Rs

Questions, questions, questions on 16:18 - Apr 30 by Discodroids

I've got a question for this Fackin' Board..

How many parts Strontiumniobium are needed to Argon, if i want to set up a highly unstabe Cooking factory to replicate Spice Melange in Leigh on sea, and thus crystallize obscene profits, when i'm not folding space and time in perpetuity?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Questions, questions, questions on 17:23 - Apr 30 with 2138 viewsDiscodroids

Questions, questions, questions on 17:15 - Apr 30 by Northolt_Rs

I thought as much. I'll cut you in on the profits. Meet me in the Crooked Billet tonight for the brown envelope.

;-)

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Questions, questions, questions on 18:37 - Apr 30 with 1999 viewsessextaxiboy

If these local journalists and those close to the club claim to be ITK about transfer coming and goings and have insider contacts why are they not using them to tell the fans what the fck has gone on in there since Jan .
Questions, questions, questions on 18:46 - Apr 30 with 1967 viewsqprcmob

Questions, questions, questions on 17:23 - Apr 30 by Discodroids

I thought as much. I'll cut you in on the profits. Meet me in the Crooked Billet tonight for the brown envelope.

;-)

Actually your both wrong, the answer is 46zcyx , i worked it out on my spectrum analyzer.
Questions, questions, questions on 18:54 - Apr 30 with 1935 viewsLanhoop

Questions, questions, questions on 18:46 - Apr 30 by qprcmob

Actually your both wrong, the answer is 46zcyx , i worked it out on my spectrum analyzer.

Who told you my password? ooops
Questions, questions, questions on 19:19 - Apr 30 with 1874 viewsMyke

I haven't looked at results to make an accurate comparison, but the second half of this season appears very similar to McClaren's. I think I am right in saying we were 4th at Christmas under McClaren before a massive collapse. McClaren of course had no credit in the bank unlike (rightly) Warburton has. Nevertheless we were all mightily relieved at his departure and if you were going on results alone, Warburton can have no complaints either. Yes he has done a huge amount of work for the club and has brought us forward from where we are, even if this year's final table won't reflect that.
But if you strip the squad right back assuming we don't sell who we would like to keep and we look like like this.
Dieng
Walsh
Kakay,
Dunne
Dickie
Amos
Dozzell
Johansen
Field
Chair
Willock
Dykes.
If you add in returning loanees, Masterson, Jordi, Bonne and Kellman, it is clear where we are weak and where we should be okay. Clearly we need at least three full/wing backs and (at least) one speedy striker. So in terms of personnel, we need 4 players minimum. In terms of quality ... who knows?
Questions, questions, questions on 19:36 - Apr 30 with 1830 viewsBucksRanger

Questions, questions, questions on 19:19 - Apr 30 by Myke

I haven't looked at results to make an accurate comparison, but the second half of this season appears very similar to McClaren's. I think I am right in saying we were 4th at Christmas under McClaren before a massive collapse. McClaren of course had no credit in the bank unlike (rightly) Warburton has. Nevertheless we were all mightily relieved at his departure and if you were going on results alone, Warburton can have no complaints either. Yes he has done a huge amount of work for the club and has brought us forward from where we are, even if this year's final table won't reflect that.
But if you strip the squad right back assuming we don't sell who we would like to keep and we look like like this.
Dieng
Walsh
Kakay,
Dunne
Dickie
Amos
Dozzell
Johansen
Field
Chair
Willock
Dykes.
If you add in returning loanees, Masterson, Jordi, Bonne and Kellman, it is clear where we are weak and where we should be okay. Clearly we need at least three full/wing backs and (at least) one speedy striker. So in terms of personnel, we need 4 players minimum. In terms of quality ... who knows?

Just read your post Myke and the list (plus loanees) in it got me wondering why we have so many players whose surnames are in the first half compared to the second half of the alphabet. Are we secretly recruiting alphabetically?

14 vs 2 (Walsh & Willock).
Questions, questions, questions on 19:52 - Apr 30 with 1773 viewsMyke

Questions, questions, questions on 19:36 - Apr 30 by BucksRanger

Just read your post Myke and the list (plus loanees) in it got me wondering why we have so many players whose surnames are in the first half compared to the second half of the alphabet. Are we secretly recruiting alphabetically?

If so, we need to head for the bottom of the alphabet - we need more willies than dickies!
Questions, questions, questions on 20:14 - Apr 30 with 1710 viewsCamberleyR

Questions, questions, questions on 19:19 - Apr 30 by Myke

Dieng
Walsh
Kakay,
Dunne
Dickie
Amos
Dozzell
Johansen
Field
Chair
Willock
Dykes.

Similar second halves of the season to Schteeve's (not quite a ) season. We were 8th and two points shy of the play offs after beating Ipswich 3-0 on Boxing Day 2018 and then won just one of the next fifteen before he was sacked at the end of March. In this was a run of seven league defeats on the spin (with some FA Cup wins sandwiched in).

Warbs has won just three of the last eighteen since the Reading game.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Questions, questions, questions on 20:32 - Apr 30 with 1664 viewsbaz_qpr

Someone on the Pod made a very good point that if the run we had in January had been in say in September or October then he would have been gone by Christmas.

Clearly injuries have been a major factor, but there is more to it. The XG evangelists were saying from the start of the season that we were higher than we should be ( I think they have us down for 15/16th now). I think Reading was the only game I can say hand on heart we played great for the full game. We've been really patch, first half of the season it was poor first halves then all guns blazing never say die to get the draw or overturn the result. Then we had a period where we would start well and fall to pieces second half.

We had some really strange starting line ups too, the game where the centre backs all played in different positions to where they had been the rest of the season etc
Questions, questions, questions on 21:11 - Apr 30 with 1591 viewsqprcmob

Questions, questions, questions on 19:36 - Apr 30 by BucksRanger

Yes, it's our new recruitment policy to save money.
Questions, questions, questions on 21:35 - Apr 30 with 1527 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Questions, questions, questions on 16:23 - Apr 30 by ManinBlack

That may be the case but it still takes time for a new manager to change things so their problems were sorted out very quickly as I thought it would be next season they would challenge.

Huddersfield also had a manager change and have similar budgets yet they have only lost 2 out of 25 games. Their squad is not that big nor is Luton's. We may be unlucky with injuries but that is no reason for stopping the attacking style of play and barely having a shot on goal in crucial games.

Yeh having visited Huddersfield's stadium for the first time this year and seen the way they play football and generally go about things. That's what I want for Rangers.

Imagine their ground in Shepherds Bush... without the fcking drum!

Questions, questions, questions on 21:54 - Apr 30 with 1478 viewsR_from_afar

Questions, questions, questions on 11:15 - Apr 30 by stainrods_elbow

I feel sad, dismayed, furious and baffled by our whole sorry decline, but where is my therapy? Of course, it's horribly compounded by the fact that the last people who get told the truth about football clubs are fans, which operate as if they're concealing secrets of international security significance.

The manager and squad did lose my respect some weeks back, sorry to say, so I didn't really care too much what happened versus the Blades, which played out pretty much as I and many of us here suspected. If there was a chant for my disenchantment, after following this club for nearly half a century, it wouldn't be chantable.

Injuries, sure, but they are light years from getting Warburton or the players off the hook. He actually reminded me of Harry Redknapp at the post-match press conference last night, aggressively reeling off his missing player woes to try to explain our gutless display, and it's he who needs to show some intelligence and responsibility, not the journalist. That piece of unsavoury pantomime in itself made me think the Board were right to act to terminate him. A lot of the players he mentioned were in any case playing in a lot of our abject showings this year, including Willock, Barbet and Dickie. I don't think there's a single player in this squad I'd want to go into the Champuonship trenches with, and, to quote one of Mark's favourite platitudes, he needs to realise that.

Warburton and/or the club brought in Austin, Johansen, Field, Hendrick, Gray, Bonne and McCallum, extended Chair's contract, but the facts are we're still going to end up with a worse points tally than last season and likely bottom half finish, while having endured over some of the most abject, defeatist, gutless displays I've seen at QPR for years. I think it's right he loses his job, though I'll feel a lot better if we can tear up the contracts of one or two of those I've mentioned, send the loans home,and clean the house. I'll repeat I don't even think we've got the spine of a competitive and trustworthy team next season, unless this squad can grow one.

I don't know where we go from here, but I'm not paid massively to know. Qute honestly, the entire staff need putting in stocks on South Africa Road and pelting with putrefying fruit. I hate this post, but it needs to be said. Now who's going to dig us out of this f*cking Rs hole?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 12:12]

OK, so summing that up, none of the players are Championship standard and all the staff are cr@p?

It's a wonder we stayed up.

Not that I am in any way happy with massive slump we have experienced...

Sisyphus was a Ranger, I reckon

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024