Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today 20:22 - Apr 30 with 8425 viewsFrankRightguard

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:35 - Apr 30 with 6890 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:55 - Apr 30 with 6815 viewsbosh67

Hopefully we give this kid his chance next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 21:00 - Apr 30 with 6789 viewsaston_hoop

Between him and Murphy Mahoney there are 0 first names, 4 surnames, huge potential

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 14:54 - May 1 with 6180 viewsaston_hoop

Had a read of the 'Shotsweb' forum about his performance yesterday, some comments below.

"Saw enough of Armstrong in half an hour to know that he will be a star one day. What a player."

"Only a cameo role today but what a player and what a goal"

"Incredible! Sinclair Armstrong remember the name"

"anyone in the North & East Bank had a close up view of his class. For me, it was also what he did when he didn’t have the ball. He was streets ahead of their defence in his thinking & that goal was something else"

"Sinclair Armstrong as everyone has said, is going to be a special player, his class stood out"
[Post edited 1 May 2022 14:54]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 15:53 - May 1 with 6015 viewsBoston

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 14:54 - May 1 by aston_hoop

Had a read of the 'Shotsweb' forum about his performance yesterday, some comments below.

"Saw enough of Armstrong in half an hour to know that he will be a star one day. What a player."

"Only a cameo role today but what a player and what a goal"

"Incredible! Sinclair Armstrong remember the name"

"anyone in the North & East Bank had a close up view of his class. For me, it was also what he did when he didn’t have the ball. He was streets ahead of their defence in his thinking & that goal was something else"

"Sinclair Armstrong as everyone has said, is going to be a special player, his class stood out"
[Post edited 1 May 2022 14:54]

His loan ends this month.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 16:13 - May 1 with 5971 viewsacricketer

Looks like he's earning himself a League 2 loan next season.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 18:58 - May 2 with 5462 viewsdmm

Sinclair scored for the Shots again today.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:18 - May 2 with 5397 viewsdanehoop

He is doing well in a poor National League side, definitely some potential there, looking forward to see what Ramsay decides is next for his development next season. Looks like there may be greater potential for him than for Kelman perhaps.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:45 - May 2 with 5320 viewstoboboly

I saw Maidenhead v Aldershot today. Armstrong pulled up middle of the second half. He was quick and tenacious but there is no way on that showing he should be starting for a Championship side.

Both teams desperately poor at the back and at GK I thought.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:46 - May 2 with 5317 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:45 - May 2 by toboboly

I saw Maidenhead v Aldershot today. Armstrong pulled up middle of the second half. He was quick and tenacious but there is no way on that showing he should be starting for a Championship side.

Both teams desperately poor at the back and at GK I thought.

Ah, dammit....

...bah to you and your truth and reason. Where's the fancy?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:54 - May 2 with 5261 viewstoboboly

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:46 - May 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, dammit....

I'm not a coach and stranger things have happened but I think he needs a lot more game time and each season raise the level.

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:57 - May 2 with 5245 viewsQPRcounsellor

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:46 - May 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, dammit....

Maybe if he's good enough we'll gently ease him in to the first team at the age of 22 or 23, because you don't want to burn the lad out or place too much pressure on his shoulders. Meanwhile Haaland, Bellingham and Mbappe storm it for the lesser clubs of Dortmand and PSG at the ages of 19.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:16 - May 2 with 5178 viewsdanehoop

But all were considerably better than Armstrong, to be fair to the lad he hasn't quite had the level of experience/coaching that those players had by the time they were 16 when they had all played first team games at a high level and attracting scouts and offers from prem sides. He has started to develop now, but has only played in fits and starts in the National League. He has scored goals, his agent tells us bigger clubs were looking at him, but the reality is at this point he hasn't yet generated the level of interest of those other players.

I do rate him, but equally I'll leave it to Chris Ramsay to decide given he is one of the shrewdest coaches and developers of young talent in the game.

Never knowingly understood

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:29 - May 2 with 5140 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:54 - May 2 by toboboly

I'm not a coach and stranger things have happened but I think he needs a lot more game time and each season raise the level.

Ya, I know.
You're probably right, toboboly. Probably.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:46 - May 2 with 5057 viewsMalintabuk

The lad must have something about him and even if this is a lot lower standard that finish was pretty convincing
I would be looking at have him training with the first team pre season and playing him alsoin the pre season matches. If he looks decent them I would play him.
He looks like something we badly lack.... strength.... pace....and can finish.
He surely with the pace alone must be ahead of the 3 amigos we had this season
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 21:05 - May 2 with 5012 viewsderbyhoop

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:57 - May 2 by QPRcounsellor

Maybe if he's good enough we'll gently ease him in to the first team at the age of 22 or 23, because you don't want to burn the lad out or place too much pressure on his shoulders. Meanwhile Haaland, Bellingham and Mbappe storm it for the lesser clubs of Dortmand and PSG at the ages of 19.

Different gravy.
3 world class players vs a lad we signed from Shamrock Rovers.

2 in 2 for a struggling Nat League side is decent enough. And he's probably going to get better.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 21:49]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 21:20 - May 2 with 4949 viewsWren67

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:46 - May 2 by Malintabuk

The lad must have something about him and even if this is a lot lower standard that finish was pretty convincing
I would be looking at have him training with the first team pre season and playing him alsoin the pre season matches. If he looks decent them I would play him.
He looks like something we badly lack.... strength.... pace....and can finish.
He surely with the pace alone must be ahead of the 3 amigos we had this season

Agree

"He looks like something we badly lack.... strength.... pace....and can finish."

I'll paraphrase. He strong, quick and has a shot, whats not to like.

Perhaps we've been trying to keep him under the radar,
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 21:40 - May 2 with 4899 viewstoboboly

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 20:29 - May 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I know.
You're probably right, toboboly. Probably.

Never intentionally

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 01:16 - May 3 with 4669 viewsSydneyRs

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 19:57 - May 2 by QPRcounsellor

Ok, settle down, we've all had a drink.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 05:46 - May 3 with 4566 viewsnadera78

You're comparing three of the best players in the world to a guy who was still playing football in Ireland at the age of 17? I mean, sure, perhaps there was a wunderkind playing over there, in a country literally crawling with scouts from the richest league in the world, and no-one noticed. It's possible. Of course it is.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 09:03 - May 3 with 4394 viewsstevec

Over 6 foot and runs about. PUT HIM IN NOW!!

Think someone said somewhere he’s also a bit gangly and you don’t know what he’s likely to do next. That sounds remarkably like Les when he showed up.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 09:35 - May 3 with 4336 viewsMyke

To be honest I'm disappointed with his progress this season. By that, I mean his personal progress as opposed to our development of him. For a lad who left here with such rave reviews, a sporadic season at National League level is not exactly tearing up any trees. He seems to be slowly finding his feet as the season draws to a close, he has a lot of work to do yet. I would loan him back to Shamrock Rovers for a couple of months, so he can play regular competitive football and have another look at him in August, with a view to getting him loaned out to League 2 club and take it from there.
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 09:36 - May 3 with 4333 viewsWestbourneR

Could / would Austin (2022 vintage), Dykes, Bonne or Kelman score that goal, even at that level. I don't think so.

Sometimes you have to just see a flash to realise the greater potential.

That looked like it to me.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 09:45 - May 3 with 4310 viewsBazzeR

Torquay fans remember him fondly.

https://torquaytalk.com/2022/02/21/talking-points-barnet-h-by-andy-charles/
Belter from Sinclair Armstrong for Aldershot today on 18:42 - May 4 with 3876 viewsdmm

Some interesting comments from Aldershot boss Mark Molesley and from Armstrong himself here: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/on-a-mission-sinclair-armstrong-on-warburton

It's certainly encouraging but I won't get too excited just yet. There's still a long way to go for the lad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024