Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs from West London Sport 10:14 - May 3 with 35370 viewsdaveB

One of the few positives of a crisis at QPR is Dave mc usually produces this kind of quality, fascinating insight

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/behind-the-scenes-tensions-meant-warburton-w

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:18 - May 3 with 8354 viewsNorthernr

Hmmmmm, not promising at all. A lot of rumours going around, several confirmed here.

Did think there were a few hints in this direction in our Paul Hall interview.

Heard there has been some tension over the youth teams not playing the same back three system as the first team. Academy players they wanted to move over to Harlington for first team training were refused, or even physically sent back, because they were deemed incapable of playing the back three.

He never wanted to pick Kakay in the first place, basically got talked into it by Ramsey and then didn't look great when Kakay initially played really well - you could argue he's since been proven right. Also Warbs never has rated Masterson, and again didn't look great when Masterson came in out of desperation and played well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:24 - May 3 with 8294 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:18 - May 3 by Northernr

Hmmmmm, not promising at all. A lot of rumours going around, several confirmed here.

Did think there were a few hints in this direction in our Paul Hall interview.

Heard there has been some tension over the youth teams not playing the same back three system as the first team. Academy players they wanted to move over to Harlington for first team training were refused, or even physically sent back, because they were deemed incapable of playing the back three.

He never wanted to pick Kakay in the first place, basically got talked into it by Ramsey and then didn't look great when Kakay initially played really well - you could argue he's since been proven right. Also Warbs never has rated Masterson, and again didn't look great when Masterson came in out of desperation and played well.

Yeah the Paul Hall interview hinted at problems, we have gone massively away from giving kids a chance in the last 18 months but results have been a lot better so really hard to know who is right here. I do think we should have seen a lot more of Bettache and Duke Mckenna this season, not sure Dozzell is that much better than either of them.

I think this does show what kind of manager they will go for, not your Dyche, Farke type more a development one. Liam Manning is ticking a lot of boxes. if the next manager struggles I'd be surprised if Ferdinand survives that.
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:26 - May 3 with 8279 viewsNorthernr

I think SDM did enough in the pre-season games and early cup matches to say, at the very least, he might have been a half useful bench option. As Dave Mc says, naming only six subs is a poor look for a club that's meant to be academy focused. We've basically had nobody at all come through this year. Not that I see too many capable of that when I watch the U23s.
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:35 - May 3 with 8165 viewsswitchingcode

Reading that and if it’s correct then I would suggest the best solution would have been to make Warburton DOF a job he’s previously done successfully unlike the existing 2.Then let him recruit a new manager /coach who report to him.
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:35 - May 3 with 8170 viewseastside_r

Interesting piece. I am going to have a think about this before commenting further.
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:36 - May 3 with 8162 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:35 - May 3 by switchingcode

Reading that and if it’s correct then I would suggest the best solution would have been to make Warburton DOF a job he’s previously done successfully unlike the existing 2.Then let him recruit a new manager /coach who report to him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back in that role within a few years
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:39 - May 3 with 8121 viewsPhildo

if the DOF thought Niko needed to be persevered with that is terrifying.
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:40 - May 3 with 8096 viewsBoston

Looks like the down voted doubters were on to something.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:44 - May 3 with 8034 viewsPunteR

Really interesting article. No mention of this new owner disrupting things so I guess we can park that particular rumour.
Most of it though was what most of us thought and have brought up on here.
I'm kind of in the Warburton camp here. If youth players are simply not good enough they shouldn't be just dropped into the 1st team just because its good for our image. The lack of communication is a concern and that points to the DoF in my mind. Surely that's his job to make sure the lines of communication is open rather then try and force issues which are basically unworkable in the professional football world.
I don't think the club look very good atm but if they back up their decisions with a successful season then fair enough.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:45 - May 3 with 8022 viewspaulparker

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:39 - May 3 by Phildo

Absolutely this
If Les thinks Nico and kaykay are championship full backs then we are completely fooked

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:48 - May 3 with 7985 viewsNorthernr

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:39 - May 3 by Phildo

One of the issues here is Hall to a certain extent, Ferdinand to a certain extent, and Ramsey to a massive extent, have to justify their position by pointing to kids making it into the first team. They want to be saying LOOK - FIVE NEW ACADEMY GRADS THIS YEAR.

Whether they're good enough is kind of secondary...

There's an awful lot of cooks at QPR trying to justify a position at the broth pot.

As Dave Mc says if the first team is gunning for promotion fair enough, but if you're finishing sixteenth again with Wallace, Hendricks, Odubajo etc then they'll think you could be doing that cheaper with more development players - particularly if their position at the club is justified by development players getting a chance.

When we interviewed Hall he was talking about how few other clubs have graduated as many to first team as we have. But when you look at the list of youth teamers who made a first team debut in the last six or seven years a hell of a lot got a quick go in a cup game and were never seen again, and lots more arrived at the club late teens from elsewhere (marked with a *)...

Murphy Mahoney, 20, 2(0), debut v Preston April 2022
Aaron Drewe, 21, 0(1), debut v Rotherham FA Cup January 2022
Ody Alfa, 23, 0(1), debut v Oxford League Cup Aug 2021
Stephen Duke-McKenna*, 0(4), debut v Oxford League Cup Aug 2021
Seny Dieng*, 27, 72(0), debut v Middlesbrough September 2020
Joe Gubbins, 20, 0(3), debut v Swansea FA Cup January 2020
Conor Masterson*, 23, 16(4), debut v Swansea FA Cup, January 2020
Deshane Darling, 23, 0(1), debut v Swansea FA Cup, January 2020
Aramide Oteh*, 23, 7(14), debut v Millwall December 2017
Faysal Bettache, 21, 1(12), debut v Bristol Rovers League Cup Aug 2017
Charlie Owens*, 24, 1(2), debut v Bristol Rovers League Cup Aug 2017
Ilias Chair*, 24, 122(26), debut v Northampton League Cup Aug 2017
Ebere Eze*, 23, 94(18), debut v Blackburn FA Cup January 2017
Nico Hamailainen, 25, 22(7), debut v Sunderland League Cup Sep 2016
Osman Kakay, 23, 49(13),debut v Rochdale League Cup Aug 2016
Ryan Manning*, 25, 82(14), debu v Wolves December 2016
Mide Shodipo, 24, 10(23), debut v Leeds August 2016
Joe Lumley*, 27, 83(1), debut v Forest FA Cup January 2016
Darnell Furlong, 26, 65(7), debut v Hull February 2015
Michael Petrasso, 26, 4(9), debut v Barnsley May 2014

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:55 - May 3 with 7887 viewsNorthernr

Also the Barbet line in there, as previously discussed, is literally insane. They're so stupid. You're not getting a better centre back than that for free this summer on our budget. He was, again, telling people at the kit sponsor's thing yesterday that he wants to stay.

This attitude of not even talking to the ten out of contract players until the summer is appalling behaviour. Player with all his stuff in storage waiting for a conversation. It's a shtty way to treat staff, and the other players will all see it and think the same, as will potential new incomers.
Warbs from West London Sport on 10:57 - May 3 with 7872 viewsRangersw12

If anyone at the club thinks our academy players are good enough for the Championship then they're in for a big shock

Don't see an issue with having them on the bench when injuries are a problem but if we start the season with Kakay, Nico, Duke-Mckenna and Bettache in the starting 11 then we are in big trouble

Also the decision to not to give Barbet a contract even though he's been our most consistent performer over the last 18 months is another ridiculous lack of judgement

If next season goes tits up then LF and Co need to go
[Post edited 3 May 2022 11:02]
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:01 - May 3 with 7821 viewsBAWHoops

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:26 - May 3 by Northernr

I think SDM did enough in the pre-season games and early cup matches to say, at the very least, he might have been a half useful bench option. As Dave Mc says, naming only six subs is a poor look for a club that's meant to be academy focused. We've basically had nobody at all come through this year. Not that I see too many capable of that when I watch the U23s.

On SDM
I was lucky enough to attend a training session at Harlington earlier this season.
It was noticeable how much worse SDM was than all the others. When they played tight games to finish off his touch was worse, decision making worse, physicality worse.
He simply didn't look close to being the required level to be around the first team.
At the time George Thomas wasn't making match day squads and didn't stand out as being bad at all.
Seeing it up close you realise how big the gap is

Also wanted to note that everyone was incredibly polite to me and incredibly welcoming and friendly.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:02 - May 3 with 7806 viewsBAWHoops

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:55 - May 3 by Northernr

Also the Barbet line in there, as previously discussed, is literally insane. They're so stupid. You're not getting a better centre back than that for free this summer on our budget. He was, again, telling people at the kit sponsor's thing yesterday that he wants to stay.

This attitude of not even talking to the ten out of contract players until the summer is appalling behaviour. Player with all his stuff in storage waiting for a conversation. It's a shtty way to treat staff, and the other players will all see it and think the same, as will potential new incomers.

Mad thing is we went through this when we let Onouha, Hill, Faurlin, Mackie go.
We treated them all pretty poorly when it came to contract discussions and decisions as well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:05 - May 3 with 7768 viewsNorthernr

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:02 - May 3 by BAWHoops

We treated them all pretty poorly when it came to contract discussions and decisions as well

Yeh it's been a hallmark of this regime - treating players shoddily at the end of their time. Couple of real good servants among them as well.
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:06 - May 3 with 7738 viewsTheChef

No mention of the shady American board member

Bit yeah sadly it was obvious there were internal issues and I suppose the u23s disconnect was a glaringly obvious one. But is Warbs right?

Once things started going south in February with the internal ructions and contract uncertainties (let alone the key injuries) it proved very difficult to reverse that.

Let alone the large chunk of cash allocated to the Johansen signing, who for me is the biggest disappointment of the season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:08 - May 3 with 7715 viewsPhildo

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:05 - May 3 by Northernr

Yeh it's been a hallmark of this regime - treating players shoddily at the end of their time. Couple of real good servants among them as well.

TF resigning Charlie another nugget. Hope Barton's number has been deleted from his phone.
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:08 - May 3 with 7696 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:02 - May 3 by BAWHoops

It seemed like they had learnt from Hill & Faurlin so when Mackie and Onouha went they had at least been spoken to and knew they wouldn't be getting a new deal quite early but they seem to have gone backwards again now.

Barbet is the headline one but Adomah and Ball deserve better as well, should at least be told by now.
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:14 - May 3 with 7610 viewsNorthernr

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:08 - May 3 by daveB

It seemed like they had learnt from Hill & Faurlin so when Mackie and Onouha went they had at least been spoken to and knew they wouldn't be getting a new deal quite early but they seem to have gone backwards again now.

Barbet is the headline one but Adomah and Ball deserve better as well, should at least be told by now.

Adomah, obviously popular at the sponsor's day yesterday, asked repeatedly what the score was and just said he didn't know what was going on and hadn't been spoken to.

It's abysmal.

I know, technically, we didn't know what division we were going to be in but essentially it's been obvious for a couple of months now and even without that there's nothing to stop you having an honest conversation with people, if we go up you'll get this offer, if we stay down we can't afford you, here's the promoted contract here's the one if we stay down etc.

To just leave people who've played very well for us by and large hanging.

And the idea they rate some of these U23s but don't rate Barbet is frightening really.
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:15 - May 3 with 7597 viewskropotkin41

This all does narrow down the search for a new manager though: miracle worker required; juggling skills essential.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:17 - May 3 with 7578 viewsNorthernr

Another thing here is the FFP, as always. The latest set of accounts look amazing, because it's 'only' a £4m loss. But, actually, it's a £24m loss - one Ebere Eze. You can't lost £24m a year and not breach the rules again. We must be running it very close. The wage bill will have been bigger for the season just gone (next set of accounts) because we added high earners, and we didn't sell anybody. Lose £24m again, and then again next season, and that's you in the sht.

There's a a trio of League One managers we're after but compensation is proving a stumbling block, which tells you how tight this must be getting that we can't even buy somebody out of a League One managerial contract.

Like I say in that context the board will think 'well if you're only going to finish 16th anyway, why are we doing that with expensive older players?'

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:20 - May 3 with 7544 viewsslmrstid

QPR exit crisis by immediately plunging into new crisis.

'Twas ever thus.
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:23 - May 3 with 7497 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:14 - May 3 by Northernr

Adomah, obviously popular at the sponsor's day yesterday, asked repeatedly what the score was and just said he didn't know what was going on and hadn't been spoken to.

It's abysmal.

I know, technically, we didn't know what division we were going to be in but essentially it's been obvious for a couple of months now and even without that there's nothing to stop you having an honest conversation with people, if we go up you'll get this offer, if we stay down we can't afford you, here's the promoted contract here's the one if we stay down etc.

To just leave people who've played very well for us by and large hanging.

And the idea they rate some of these U23s but don't rate Barbet is frightening really.

It made sense back in Jan/Feb when promotion was realistic but since that Peterbrough game it's been obvious we won't go up so should have been all sorted by now. It's not a good way to do things. We're never far away from a crisis but this has all fallen apart even quicker than the most pessimistic could have predicted
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:26 - May 3 with 7435 viewsNorthernr

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:23 - May 3 by daveB

It made sense back in Jan/Feb when promotion was realistic but since that Peterbrough game it's been obvious we won't go up so should have been all sorted by now. It's not a good way to do things. We're never far away from a crisis but this has all fallen apart even quicker than the most pessimistic could have predicted

Like I say, if not sorted, then at least some preliminary discussions so people know where they stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024