Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs from West London Sport 10:14 - May 3 with 35659 viewsdaveB

One of the few positives of a crisis at QPR is Dave mc usually produces this kind of quality, fascinating insight

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/behind-the-scenes-tensions-meant-warburton-w

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:33 - May 3 with 3395 viewspaulhoop2

As I stated in another thread I’m starting to really worry about Sir Les. Lots of rumours such as these flying around from reliable sources. I fear the support base will turn against him soon if things don’t improve with the new manager whom ever it is. As I have continually said Warbs should have been given more time - anyone know much about Manning ? MK seem to have a good record with managers

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:43 - May 3 with 3321 viewsbosh67

It does feel from the article that the club are putting the blame on MW for not sorting out contracts for Barbet etc. However, it kind of smacks of the club waiting to replace MW because of the ambitions of a new manager, which to me sounds more likely and a lot more dangerous. If Barbet isn't going back to France to bring up his family, as earlier rumoured, then they should be offering him another 2-3 years immediately, regardless of who's coming in.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 11:44]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:49 - May 3 with 3263 viewsDieByYourSide

FAO: The Club

If you're reading this - PR win needed quickly. Barbet contract. Sort it. Cheers.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:51 - May 3 with 3251 viewsBklynRanger

Very interesting and puts this story from Ramsey in context, setting the tone they wanted Warbs to embrace at the start of his second season.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-chris-ramsey-microwaving-players-b-team-

So on one hand you have a club desperate to be able to compete by attracting young players on the virtue of the clear and open path to the first team. Something that was talked up by the press team for a while after Eze left for example. And if whoever is in charge doesn't buy into that then the pathway is quite definitively shut until they do.

And on the other hand the manager feels, with some obvious justification, that what's coming through that pathway isn't good enough to challenge - which is his job! Yes, he can play Niko if they really want, for the benefit of the pathway, but the opposition attackers may not be quite so clued in on the sanctity of QPR's pathway and instead choose to tear him a new one until either Wallace is fit again or they get in McCallum.

I feel for Warburton in that respect I must admit - this article puts a huge amount of pressure on Les and CR - will be interesting to see how they respond because I think they'll feel the need.
Warbs from West London Sport on 11:57 - May 3 with 3214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's another poor article from Dave Mc. There's lots of opinion in there presented as fact. However, his track record is good so the tone of it can't be discounted.

Thanks to Clive and Dave for commentary on it. The truth is starting to come out already.

I think we can park the takeover thing now.
But the FFP problem seems to be back in a big way. Looks like the next manager will be operating with baling twine and duct tape.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:58 - May 3 with 3197 viewspaulparker

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:14 - May 3 by Northernr

Adomah, obviously popular at the sponsor's day yesterday, asked repeatedly what the score was and just said he didn't know what was going on and hadn't been spoken to.

It's abysmal.

I know, technically, we didn't know what division we were going to be in but essentially it's been obvious for a couple of months now and even without that there's nothing to stop you having an honest conversation with people, if we go up you'll get this offer, if we stay down we can't afford you, here's the promoted contract here's the one if we stay down etc.

To just leave people who've played very well for us by and large hanging.

And the idea they rate some of these U23s but don't rate Barbet is frightening really.

The thing to remember here is Les was not a DOF when he was appointed he has had to learn on the job , he was only appointed by phoney Tony to right the wrongs of Hughes and candle face fiascos
You can also point to the terrible negotiations with Manning & BOS and the crap way they were dealt with under Mclaren
I think this will be the 8th season under Les being DOF and it’s fair to say the model is not working
We have had mclaren, JFH, Olly , Warburton and none of them have followed the so called directive of playing youth etc this next appointment has to work otherwise I think Les is a goner

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:07 - May 3 with 3120 viewsWestbourneR

I'm with Warbs, I don't think much of the next batch are good enough.

Eze was exceptional and Chair & Dieng came through European pathways that thanks to Brexit are now shut.

Kakay is below the standard. He could probably play League One.

TBH the idea that a basket case club that rents a dilapidated training ground from a Uni will suddenly produce 3 or 4 first team level players every two years is fanciful.

You'll have good crops and bad crops. Chair, Eze, Furlong & Dieng were a very good crop. Bettache, Masterson, McKenna don't look to be as strong.

It's to be expected.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:09 - May 3 with 3101 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:51 - May 3 by BklynRanger

Very interesting and puts this story from Ramsey in context, setting the tone they wanted Warbs to embrace at the start of his second season.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-chris-ramsey-microwaving-players-b-team-

So on one hand you have a club desperate to be able to compete by attracting young players on the virtue of the clear and open path to the first team. Something that was talked up by the press team for a while after Eze left for example. And if whoever is in charge doesn't buy into that then the pathway is quite definitively shut until they do.

And on the other hand the manager feels, with some obvious justification, that what's coming through that pathway isn't good enough to challenge - which is his job! Yes, he can play Niko if they really want, for the benefit of the pathway, but the opposition attackers may not be quite so clued in on the sanctity of QPR's pathway and instead choose to tear him a new one until either Wallace is fit again or they get in McCallum.

I feel for Warburton in that respect I must admit - this article puts a huge amount of pressure on Les and CR - will be interesting to see how they respond because I think they'll feel the need.

It's such a tough situation as can see both sides of it, when you look at last few months have we gained much/anything from starting Sanderson and loaning out Masterson/De Wijs? Was Henrdick in ahead of Amos/Dozzell/Bettache something that worked, even signing Westwood would we have been better off with Mahoney in goal, i mean we've lost 6 out of 7 with Westwood who won't be here next season. I'm not sure results would have been any worse.

I don't think there is an easy answer to this, for me there isn't a bad guy or an obvious idiot who needs to go. I'd probably side more with Warbs than Ferdinand judging by this article but I don't think either is completely wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:09 - May 3 with 3096 viewsTacticalR

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:35 - May 3 by eastside_r

Interesting piece. I am going to have a think about this before commenting further.

That's not the way we do things round here.

Air hostess clique

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:22 - May 3 with 2994 viewsstevec

Heaven help any manager coming in and trying to work with the ‘jobs for the boys’ section of this club.

Right from the start the 4 year contracts for Kakay and Niko were scandalous. The club is being run the wrong way up.

Will the board have the guts to tell Ramsey and Hall either deliver or get out the club? I doubt it with Les officiating above them.

What a fckin mess.
Warbs from West London Sport on 12:41 - May 3 with 2870 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:22 - May 3 by stevec

Heaven help any manager coming in and trying to work with the ‘jobs for the boys’ section of this club.

Right from the start the 4 year contracts for Kakay and Niko were scandalous. The club is being run the wrong way up.

Will the board have the guts to tell Ramsey and Hall either deliver or get out the club? I doubt it with Les officiating above them.

What a fckin mess.

I don't get the jobs for the boys bit to be honest, have heard it before but never really understood it, who are you talking about?
Warbs from West London Sport on 12:46 - May 3 with 2841 viewsBklynRanger

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:09 - May 3 by daveB

It's such a tough situation as can see both sides of it, when you look at last few months have we gained much/anything from starting Sanderson and loaning out Masterson/De Wijs? Was Henrdick in ahead of Amos/Dozzell/Bettache something that worked, even signing Westwood would we have been better off with Mahoney in goal, i mean we've lost 6 out of 7 with Westwood who won't be here next season. I'm not sure results would have been any worse.

I don't think there is an easy answer to this, for me there isn't a bad guy or an obvious idiot who needs to go. I'd probably side more with Warbs than Ferdinand judging by this article but I don't think either is completely wrong.

Agree with that yeah Dave - the one thing I'd say is the majority of those choices were around players who weren't part of the pathway - other than Mahoney and Bettache, and I'd throw in SDM and Kakay. Hendrick always looked like the kind of last minute grab that was going to invite pressure on if it didn't work, the Sanderson one let's not even discuss.
Warbs from West London Sport on 12:48 - May 3 with 2824 viewsWestbourneR

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:22 - May 3 by stevec

What a fckin mess.

'jobs for the boys'

Hmmm.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:58 - May 3 with 2759 viewsderbyhoop

The remit from the board to the manager was to encourage youth from our academy. A necessity given our budget.
The manager, possibly needing to achieve a play off place, thought none of the academy players were good enough.
Serious contradictions between the two aims.
As soon as results started to go south, the manager, who didn't fulfil his brief was always going to be toast.

Are there any obvious candidates to promote from U23s? Probably not but Masterson, SDM, Armstrong and, maybe, Drewe, have got a chance of making more than a handful of appearances. Bettache went on loan and has gone backwards.
I can see Masterson and Armstrong being part of 1st team squad for next season but it will be up to the new manager to assess if they are good enough.
Given that the U23s have used over 60 players, without any obvious graduates to Championship level, it smacks of a scatter gun approach
Long term deals for Kakay and Nico may make sense from a financial point of view but not from a playing point.
Slashing the budget again doesn't give the new man much to work with.
Against that, if the training ground is up and running, it should be easier to integrate the academy and the First team.
The unforgiveable part is the failure to address the contract situation with established senior players. We've known from mid-March, at the lates, which division we wiill be playing in.
Wallace and Ball were MW picks and surely won't be here next season. Odubajo ought to be, given his ability to cover both FB positions. But if we lose Barbet, Austin and Adomah as well, then we'd better prepare for a relegation fight;

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:00 - May 3 with 2751 viewsBklynRanger

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:55 - May 3 by Northernr

Also the Barbet line in there, as previously discussed, is literally insane. They're so stupid. You're not getting a better centre back than that for free this summer on our budget. He was, again, telling people at the kit sponsor's thing yesterday that he wants to stay.

This attitude of not even talking to the ten out of contract players until the summer is appalling behaviour. Player with all his stuff in storage waiting for a conversation. It's a shtty way to treat staff, and the other players will all see it and think the same, as will potential new incomers.

Without getting into Warbs' role in raising or lowering team morale, that contract approach was indeed fcuking daft. Can somebody remind me who definitively is supposed to handle these things?

A team ravaged by injuries trying to regain its form to reach the play-offs and they don't have it about them to get that bit right? As said, at least have initial talks, give some level of clarity to players, let them feel that they're seen and heard. The idea that you'd allow something like that to even risk affecting the team if true is beyond me.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 13:02]
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:09 - May 3 with 2664 viewsterryb

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:57 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it's another poor article from Dave Mc. There's lots of opinion in there presented as fact. However, his track record is good so the tone of it can't be discounted.

Thanks to Clive and Dave for commentary on it. The truth is starting to come out already.

But the FFP problem seems to be back in a big way. Looks like the next manager will be operating with baling twine and duct tape.

I normally agree with you Brian, but I can't on this!

Of course the article is full of opinion & conjecture, but then isn't nearly every written article? That applies equally to politics & business as well as sport. At least the writer has seen most of this first hand & has given reasoned comments as to why there is a split between the first team & the development sector.

Personally, I've not liked the MW stance on training seperately & not bringing in a yougster to fulfil the substitutions quota. On the other hand, the manager should not be told to play players that he doesn't consider good enough & that the pathway should be closer if they adapted the same playing method as the first team.

I would also add that I believe the lack of consideration to renewal of contracts has had a detrimental effect on the morale of the squad. Even if you don't want to offer a new contract, please be honest with the player as it is his livelihood at stake. Who knows, you may find that he performs better for you than he would being left in limbo!

Rightly or wrongly, I do believe that this has been the decision of Ferdinand rather than Warburton as it has happened before.

Clive, I think it was you that mentioned that 3 League 1 managers were being considered. Would you care to name names?
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:13 - May 3 with 2614 viewsNorthernr

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:09 - May 3 by terryb

Of course the article is full of opinion & conjecture, but then isn't nearly every written article? That applies equally to politics & business as well as sport. At least the writer has seen most of this first hand & has given reasoned comments as to why there is a split between the first team & the development sector.

Personally, I've not liked the MW stance on training seperately & not bringing in a yougster to fulfil the substitutions quota. On the other hand, the manager should not be told to play players that he doesn't consider good enough & that the pathway should be closer if they adapted the same playing method as the first team.

I would also add that I believe the lack of consideration to renewal of contracts has had a detrimental effect on the morale of the squad. Even if you don't want to offer a new contract, please be honest with the player as it is his livelihood at stake. Who knows, you may find that he performs better for you than he would being left in limbo!

Rightly or wrongly, I do believe that this has been the decision of Ferdinand rather than Warburton as it has happened before.

Clive, I think it was you that mentioned that 3 League 1 managers were being considered. Would you care to name names?

Well I've already mentioned a few of them in reports but Manning at MK, Robinson and Oxford and Moore at Sheff Wed are the three names I've heard from a few people, but all would require a compensation payment atm (which is an issue, because, like I say, FFP) and two of them are involved in the play-offs. Moore has been linked before, they obviously like his style of play because they kept loaning goalkeepers to him at Doncaster.

Dave Mc also said the Newport guy was a candidate last week, hence he came down in the odds.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:19 - May 3 with 2563 viewsQPRSteve

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:57 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Sounds like we need a Blue Peter presenter
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:20 - May 3 with 2548 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:09 - May 3 by terryb

"I normally agree with you Brian, but I can't on this!

Of course the article is full of opinion & conjecture, but then isn't nearly every written article? That applies equally to politics & business as well as sport. At least the writer has seen most of this first hand & has given reasoned comments as to why there is a split between the first team & the development sector."

Absolutely no problem, Terry. I just think that journalism should be held to a higher standard than this.

I've posted a more detailed reply on the DoF thread, FWIW.

Take it easy, my man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:26 - May 3 with 2499 viewsrobith

Pain in me hole with the whole lot of it tbh. I'm really gutted that such a great season ended in such disappointment, and my appetite for recriminatory factional warfare is quite a long way below zero. Hard to shake the feeling that next season is going to be a toxic bloodbath, a great feeling to take into the summer
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:30 - May 3 with 2466 viewsDixie_CT

This chimes with what I’ve been told.

Where blame lies depends on how explicit Tony, Lee, Les and Ramsey were with the plan when Warburton was appointed or how clearly they updated the brief. Warbs will either be an experiment to help us take a step in the right direction of a sustainable and successful football club, aided by recruiting the right first team manager, or the start of a spiral and period of uncertainty and failure.

The sale of Eze, and on the pitch successes of Bright, Chair, Willock, Seny and Manning have provided an unrealistic expectation of reproducing players to sell for millions, every single year. It just doesn’t happen.

Mahoney, Duke-Mckeena and Masterson are the only ones close to the first team at the moment, but at the same time, the likes of Armstrong and Gubbins should have been on the bench at the least.

The article doesn’t give any personality to the characters involved and leaves a lot open to interpretation, which at the moment, stinks of pride, ego, and stubbornness. There seems to have been multiple plans and agendas running at once, which is a recipe for disaster.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 13:36]
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:32 - May 3 with 2456 viewsloneranger1

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:14 - May 3 by Northernr

Adomah, obviously popular at the sponsor's day yesterday, asked repeatedly what the score was and just said he didn't know what was going on and hadn't been spoken to.

It's abysmal.

I know, technically, we didn't know what division we were going to be in but essentially it's been obvious for a couple of months now and even without that there's nothing to stop you having an honest conversation with people, if we go up you'll get this offer, if we stay down we can't afford you, here's the promoted contract here's the one if we stay down etc.

To just leave people who've played very well for us by and large hanging.

And the idea they rate some of these U23s but don't rate Barbet is frightening really.

It is, indeed, abysmal.

For me, this is the most important part of the article. While it's interesting to start to understand what was going on in the background behind Warb' departure, the fact is we need to worry about now and the future.

In terms of "mismanagment", what could be worse that not looking after your main assets? Especially at a time of upheaval...

Notwithstanding out league form and the introduction of loans who weren't better than what we already had, you can really see why we didn't have a particularly happy squad over the last couple of months.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:33 - May 3 with 2443 viewsdmm

I feel similarly to daveB in that there doesn't seem to be one wrong and one right party in all of this. Mistakes have been made on all sides but in the final analysis, the board gets to call the shots.

What is sad is it feels everyone concerned is fighting their own corner and for their own reputation.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:42 - May 3 with 2339 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Too many chiefs. For a club with little money, we have a top-heavy structure with (ironically) a lack of accountability and responsibility, and everyone protecting their own position. The article doesn't surprise me, though it's depressing to read. I do think Warburton could have used the likes of Duke-McKenna more as he's always looked to have something about him when I've seen him play but then I'm only a season ticket holder who doesn't go to reserve games. To finish mid-table and not introduce youth this season is the worst of both worlds.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:48 - May 3 with 2256 viewstoboboly

Seems that the yo-yoing (Hughes, Ramsey, Redknapp, McLaren, Hasselbaink, Ollie, old players, home grown players) has never really gone away.

The club often seems to do stupid things just as it looks like the previous way is working. Suddenly people come out of the woodwork and get involved again.

If we need to play the kids we do so, whether we down or not. If we have the money to sign seasoned pro's then we do so and hopefully challenge. To do neither and to not amalgamate or integrate the two options seems very QPR.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024