Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs from West London Sport 10:14 - May 3 with 35660 viewsdaveB

One of the few positives of a crisis at QPR is Dave mc usually produces this kind of quality, fascinating insight

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/behind-the-scenes-tensions-meant-warburton-w

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:50 - May 3 with 2726 viewscharmr

A clubs lower teams is about developing players.Thing is Monday morning all that is asked is what their result was. You need strong people who don’t lose sight of the big picture.

Unfortunately football and egos go hand in hand and ultimately seem a disruptive force. You lose games, no player is good enough for the first team doesn’t mean the coach isn’t doing their job. You also have to have a squad of players with such a disparity in potential and talent and still have to put a team of 11 on the pitch. There is only so much talent out there and ultimately everyone is trying to keep gainful employment, ticking boxes etc, getting results in a system that has so many variables. Wise heads need only apply but the money men need something more tangible.

It’s a competitive environment that brings with it it’s upsides and downsides.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 14:00]
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:52 - May 3 with 2673 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warbs from West London Sport on 11:05 - May 3 by Northernr

Yeh it's been a hallmark of this regime - treating players shoddily at the end of their time. Couple of real good servants among them as well.

Agree but previously it was understandable as the club's wage bill needed slashing. Now that salaries are at a more sustainable level, a shift in attitude towards players is required.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:53 - May 3 with 2686 viewsPinnerPaul

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:26 - May 3 by Northernr

I think SDM did enough in the pre-season games and early cup matches to say, at the very least, he might have been a half useful bench option. As Dave Mc says, naming only six subs is a poor look for a club that's meant to be academy focused. We've basically had nobody at all come through this year. Not that I see too many capable of that when I watch the U23s.

So you say you agree with MW then?

I think Armstrong is a case of people wanting a player to come through just because he is 'one of our own'

Speaking to a Torquay supporting referee colleague, he was incredulous that Armstrong was thought to be capable of playing in the Championship at this stage, having scored something like 2 or 3 in 20 for them.

Differences of opinions over players abilities - hmmm not sure that is particularly earth shattering - surely its the same at all clubs?

Not sure the article amounts to more than a re hashing of various opinions/theories we've all spouted about on here these past few weeks.

The not signing a striker surely made eminent sense at the time, we were playing one up front and were the division's 2nd top scorers doing so, so having 4 strikers surely not the way to go then, WITHOUT the benefit of hindsight of course.

All opinions I guess.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:54 - May 3 with 2668 viewsBostonR

Where is the leadership from the CEO? How on earth can he allow all those competing groups to "ground the boat"?
Most of us have suspected something was wrong behind the scenes and if this article is correct, a combination of egos, politics and back-stabbing has seen MW shown the door. Let's be honest Kakay is not Championship material - League 1 at best. If we are switching to a younger/academy approach and showing decent pro's the door, L1 beckons not 16th place.
What an utter sham.
Warbs from West London Sport on 13:59 - May 3 with 2595 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:48 - May 3 by Northernr

One of the issues here is Hall to a certain extent, Ferdinand to a certain extent, and Ramsey to a massive extent, have to justify their position by pointing to kids making it into the first team. They want to be saying LOOK - FIVE NEW ACADEMY GRADS THIS YEAR.

Whether they're good enough is kind of secondary...

There's an awful lot of cooks at QPR trying to justify a position at the broth pot.

As Dave Mc says if the first team is gunning for promotion fair enough, but if you're finishing sixteenth again with Wallace, Hendricks, Odubajo etc then they'll think you could be doing that cheaper with more development players - particularly if their position at the club is justified by development players getting a chance.

When we interviewed Hall he was talking about how few other clubs have graduated as many to first team as we have. But when you look at the list of youth teamers who made a first team debut in the last six or seven years a hell of a lot got a quick go in a cup game and were never seen again, and lots more arrived at the club late teens from elsewhere (marked with a *)...

Murphy Mahoney, 20, 2(0), debut v Preston April 2022
Aaron Drewe, 21, 0(1), debut v Rotherham FA Cup January 2022
Ody Alfa, 23, 0(1), debut v Oxford League Cup Aug 2021
Stephen Duke-McKenna*, 0(4), debut v Oxford League Cup Aug 2021
Seny Dieng*, 27, 72(0), debut v Middlesbrough September 2020
Joe Gubbins, 20, 0(3), debut v Swansea FA Cup January 2020
Conor Masterson*, 23, 16(4), debut v Swansea FA Cup, January 2020
Deshane Darling, 23, 0(1), debut v Swansea FA Cup, January 2020
Aramide Oteh*, 23, 7(14), debut v Millwall December 2017
Faysal Bettache, 21, 1(12), debut v Bristol Rovers League Cup Aug 2017
Charlie Owens*, 24, 1(2), debut v Bristol Rovers League Cup Aug 2017
Ilias Chair*, 24, 122(26), debut v Northampton League Cup Aug 2017
Ebere Eze*, 23, 94(18), debut v Blackburn FA Cup January 2017
Nico Hamailainen, 25, 22(7), debut v Sunderland League Cup Sep 2016
Osman Kakay, 23, 49(13),debut v Rochdale League Cup Aug 2016
Ryan Manning*, 25, 82(14), debu v Wolves December 2016
Mide Shodipo, 24, 10(23), debut v Leeds August 2016
Joe Lumley*, 27, 83(1), debut v Forest FA Cup January 2016
Darnell Furlong, 26, 65(7), debut v Hull February 2015
Michael Petrasso, 26, 4(9), debut v Barnsley May 2014

This post has been edited by an administrator

A very unhealthy scenario and a sad indictment on the DOF in particular, if true. From what I've seen of the players in question I have to agree with Warburton that they aren't ready for championship football (and some never will be). The manager shouldn't be forced to pick players in order to justify the hierarchy's positions.
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:03 - May 3 with 2551 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warbs from West London Sport on 10:55 - May 3 by Northernr

Also the Barbet line in there, as previously discussed, is literally insane. They're so stupid. You're not getting a better centre back than that for free this summer on our budget. He was, again, telling people at the kit sponsor's thing yesterday that he wants to stay.

This attitude of not even talking to the ten out of contract players until the summer is appalling behaviour. Player with all his stuff in storage waiting for a conversation. It's a shtty way to treat staff, and the other players will all see it and think the same, as will potential new incomers.

The way the board has treated these players is sadly an extension of its treatment of the manager. As I said back in January, it seemed odd to me that no one was talking to either Warburton or certain players about contract extensions given results on the pitch. It smelt like something was awry behind the scenes.
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:11 - May 3 with 2534 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:03 - May 3 by Benny_the_Ball

The way the board has treated these players is sadly an extension of its treatment of the manager. As I said back in January, it seemed odd to me that no one was talking to either Warburton or certain players about contract extensions given results on the pitch. It smelt like something was awry behind the scenes.

thread is worth a read

First off, cards on table, already expressed view that academy as it is should be scrapped in favour of a B-team model. I know many disagree and there are some strong reasons why, which I'm sympathetic to. The club have since introduced a B team but alongside the academy set-up.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
I think it will be interesting to see what happens re the B team with Warburton gone.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
That said, it’s worth acknowledging the financial realities here. Rangers simply must operate a developmental model of some kind. It’s not a choice to be made. It’s also the case that the academy gets funding, so in a sense is not a burden regardless of its success or otherwise.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
QPR aren’t in a position in the longer term to move away from this. And they did, in an attempt to get promoted. So after such an end-of-season collapse after stretching the budget in the manner they did, it’s not necessarily going to be a case of going again. That’s the reality.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
As I said, I share a view that the academy is something of a red herring and that some success has been had in taking and developing players from elsewhere. I would also have steered well clear of Hamalainen and others, either in the short term or permanently.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
The counter argument is that players have to be given a chance, otherwise they can never progress. I personally am not convinced by that argument. But a few examples are maybe worth considering.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Ilias Chair. A 50-50 decision on whether to sign him. No strong indication at the time he’d become what he has. He got cup games. Was at least on the radar. Now he’s worth a few quid at least.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Ryan Manning. Didn’t get picked and was likely to be released. Then got in the side and did really well. But for his contract situation he would have been worth a few quid too.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Seny Dieng. There was no buzz around this guy. Not until he got a run of games on loan at Doncaster was there a feeling that maybe - and only maybe - could he come through at QPR. Look at him now.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Darnell Furlong. Destroyed in a couple of early games in the first team. Went on to be sold for a decent sum and play in the Premier League.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Rob Dickie didn’t get a chance at Reading. Osman Kakay, with the Championship experience on his CV, would probably fetch a decent six-figure fee for Rangers if they chose to sell him.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
So you can see, there is an argument that if given time and the odd chance here and there, players can develop - and sometimes in a way you perhaps didn’t expect.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
The big problem is that the manager has to get results in the short term. With your head on the block, would you want to pick kids who’ll only be any good 50-100 games down the line, by which time you’ll probably be gone because of poor results?
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Marc Bircham made the point on the WLS podcast recently that Rangers perhaps need to decide what they are. Are they about developing players, or do they have aspirations to do more? I think it’s a fair point.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
I think the Ferdinand/Ramsey approach of steady progression towards longer-term outcomes is best. But that has to be the message - and stay the message, even during tough times - from the top. Cheers.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 14:12]
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:18 - May 3 with 2486 viewsBAWHoops

I do agree with Dave Mc

We are in a tight spot because we've spent money on older players with no sell on value.
Best example is Dozell & Johansen. They've both been as average as each other this season, yet you'd only be able to sell one of them for any sort of fee.
Johansen, Austin, Wallace, Adomah didn't fit the brief that was set out (I'm sure Clive could dig out his signing pieces at the time which pose those questions). So if you put your lot in with them and it fails then you fail with them.

We'd be in a healthier position as a club had we not signed Johansen this summer (of course no QPR fan was going to turn him down, myself included). Dozell would've played more, developed further and the asset appreciated.

We do have the bones of a good group at the right age, but supplementing them with expensive players hasn't worked out.

You have to stay on the development road so that when it all clicks and when you go up you are able to stay there (compare Watford to brentford!)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:18 - May 3 with 2482 viewsPinnerPaul

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:11 - May 3 by daveB

thread is worth a read

First off, cards on table, already expressed view that academy as it is should be scrapped in favour of a B-team model. I know many disagree and there are some strong reasons why, which I'm sympathetic to. The club have since introduced a B team but alongside the academy set-up.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
I think it will be interesting to see what happens re the B team with Warburton gone.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
That said, it’s worth acknowledging the financial realities here. Rangers simply must operate a developmental model of some kind. It’s not a choice to be made. It’s also the case that the academy gets funding, so in a sense is not a burden regardless of its success or otherwise.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
QPR aren’t in a position in the longer term to move away from this. And they did, in an attempt to get promoted. So after such an end-of-season collapse after stretching the budget in the manner they did, it’s not necessarily going to be a case of going again. That’s the reality.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
As I said, I share a view that the academy is something of a red herring and that some success has been had in taking and developing players from elsewhere. I would also have steered well clear of Hamalainen and others, either in the short term or permanently.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
The counter argument is that players have to be given a chance, otherwise they can never progress. I personally am not convinced by that argument. But a few examples are maybe worth considering.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Ilias Chair. A 50-50 decision on whether to sign him. No strong indication at the time he’d become what he has. He got cup games. Was at least on the radar. Now he’s worth a few quid at least.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Ryan Manning. Didn’t get picked and was likely to be released. Then got in the side and did really well. But for his contract situation he would have been worth a few quid too.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Seny Dieng. There was no buzz around this guy. Not until he got a run of games on loan at Doncaster was there a feeling that maybe - and only maybe - could he come through at QPR. Look at him now.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Darnell Furlong. Destroyed in a couple of early games in the first team. Went on to be sold for a decent sum and play in the Premier League.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Rob Dickie didn’t get a chance at Reading. Osman Kakay, with the Championship experience on his CV, would probably fetch a decent six-figure fee for Rangers if they chose to sell him.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
So you can see, there is an argument that if given time and the odd chance here and there, players can develop - and sometimes in a way you perhaps didn’t expect.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
The big problem is that the manager has to get results in the short term. With your head on the block, would you want to pick kids who’ll only be any good 50-100 games down the line, by which time you’ll probably be gone because of poor results?
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
Marc Bircham made the point on the WLS podcast recently that Rangers perhaps need to decide what they are. Are they about developing players, or do they have aspirations to do more? I think it’s a fair point.
David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
·
1h
I think the Ferdinand/Ramsey approach of steady progression towards longer-term outcomes is best. But that has to be the message - and stay the message, even during tough times - from the top. Cheers.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 14:12]

Me and a well known member of this board will never ever agree that Manning would have got us a 'few quid' , well maybe he would in the literal sense!

He left us to spend a year being under study to Jake Bidwell and still the myth persists that we somehow missed out on millions!

Continue to be baffled by that one!
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:21 - May 3 with 2457 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:18 - May 3 by PinnerPaul

Me and a well known member of this board will never ever agree that Manning would have got us a 'few quid' , well maybe he would in the literal sense!

He left us to spend a year being under study to Jake Bidwell and still the myth persists that we somehow missed out on millions!

he didn't suggest he was worth millions
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:21 - May 3 with 2457 viewsed_83

Warbs from West London Sport on 12:09 - May 3 by daveB

It's such a tough situation as can see both sides of it, when you look at last few months have we gained much/anything from starting Sanderson and loaning out Masterson/De Wijs? Was Henrdick in ahead of Amos/Dozzell/Bettache something that worked, even signing Westwood would we have been better off with Mahoney in goal, i mean we've lost 6 out of 7 with Westwood who won't be here next season. I'm not sure results would have been any worse.

I don't think there is an easy answer to this, for me there isn't a bad guy or an obvious idiot who needs to go. I'd probably side more with Warbs than Ferdinand judging by this article but I don't think either is completely wrong.

Agree with this, it’s a complicated situation with no immediate right or wrong answers (apart from not even starting discussions on Barbet’s contract, which should have been done months ago). For me, the biggest issue here is not which side is right, but how this turned into an argument at all.

I can understand Les’ perspective (or at least the one attributed to him in the article) but the whole point of having a DOF is to resolve disputes around stuff like communication between first-team and youth coaches, consistency in formation and playing style through different age groups, and recruitment policy.

There’s always going to be differences of opinion, but surely it’s Les’ job to talk through those with everyone, agree compromises, find a way forward which works best for the club as a whole, and keep everyone as happy as possible (or at least communicating productively). Instead, it feels like he’s picked a side, given Warburton the cold shoulder and waited for public opinion to turn. Even if he and Ramsey are right about the youth team, that’s a really poor way to run the club.

I guess we don’t see what happens behind closed doors, or how many specific details WLS have got right, but if the article’s central theme of unresolved conflict and non-communication are even vaguely correct then that’s a massive red flag for me about Les’ position, regardless of the other positive progress we’ve made since he came in.
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:25 - May 3 with 2436 viewsbaz_qpr

There is a fair bit of on the one hand and on the other hand in there. I think its fair to say that everyone has fcuk ups in their jobs people are always going to make mistakes, its also clear that sum of this is from Warburton or those close to him and some is from Ramsey or those in the youth set up and maybe some from Les. Probably a series of off the record comments over a period of time and never meant for public consumption

They key thing though is you have to be working to the same strategy, you might disagree on tactics so the key thing for the club is to decide what that strategy is and this where we have mixed messaging.

I think Johansson and Austin were the right signings at the time they have not worked out but it added a bit of ambition to just plodding along at 16th and selling one or two players per year.

I think the academy is important not just because it might produce the odd player but also for the community element.

I can see the issue on the contracts as to why you might hold off, but at the same time why it would have a negative impact. You might point out to other contract issues in previous seasons, but if we think about Bright for example he was toilet until 9 months before the end of his contract or Manning who was out of favour for most of his. Nico was clearly a stupid renewal, I think Kakay is alright not a first choice but does a job and has grown over time.

I think picking up cast offs and rough diamonds and giving them a pathway is also the right route.

I loved Warburton's approach to attacking football and how he came across in the media etc but..

I think you also have to recognise his stubbornness and in some senses his luck over judgement. He was on the verge of the sack and (relegation form) finally switched to the 3 at the back despite many calling on it for weeks / months because of the defensive frailties. That switch the way it suited Barbet, and Wallace and the arrival of Austin followed by the other loans were more luck than judgement.

The failure to use Adomah for the best part of 14 months only to luck out when had to cover at RWB had a big impact on the first half of the season. Credit for sticking with something when it works, but it made no sense to me for example to not give Sinclair Armstrong at least a couple of sub appearances to see if he could spark something, or to switch formation when you could see everyone had worked us out, or to leave Gray out when he hit a rich vain of form. Or to not user U23s when we had no subs on the bench.

I did not understand the treatment of Ball this season who has often done a job when required when we needed a bit of muscle.

Lets be honest we have not been great for most of the season, we had to overturn some very ropey 1st half performances even when we were doing well. We had an excellent 6 - 9 month purple patch.

But it comes back to strategy and the club needs to agree what that is, what happens if we do find ourselves in contention again and have everyone pulling in the same direction
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:41 - May 3 with 2324 viewsMyke

ummm Bidwell had to move on because Manning took his spot. If he had a longer contract we would certainly have got more than the reported 75,000 which was derisory considering the contribution he had made the previous season.
Moreover, if we had kept him, having moved to 3 at the back, which lessened his 'questionable' defensive duties, we may just have had someone who would stay fit and actually sling in a few decent crosses for Dykes and Austin, which we all agree they were crying out for. (This is the man who contributed to Wells and Hugill being 'prolific'!) Sometimes the 'final' piece in the jigsaw, is actually one of the first pieces that has prematurely being discarded.
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:44 - May 3 with 2281 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, the Manning myth is the myth that never stops giving.

I agree with the wider point Dave is making about the club settling on and sticking with its mission statement of developing players from within. However, I would argue:

(1) Most of the examples he cited didn't come through QPR's academy, they were picked up from other clubs. The club, of course, deserve some credit for identifying, acquiring and developing these players however they are not a credit to the academy. In a way, I guess this supports the argument for a 'B' team.

(2) Dave now appears to be cushioning the blow of his earlier article. At the risk of sounding sceptical, I guess he can't be overly critical of the board if he wants to maintain an inside track.
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:53 - May 3 with 2231 viewsMyke

Warbs from West London Sport on 13:42 - May 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Too many chiefs. For a club with little money, we have a top-heavy structure with (ironically) a lack of accountability and responsibility, and everyone protecting their own position. The article doesn't surprise me, though it's depressing to read. I do think Warburton could have used the likes of Duke-McKenna more as he's always looked to have something about him when I've seen him play but then I'm only a season ticket holder who doesn't go to reserve games. To finish mid-table and not introduce youth this season is the worst of both worlds.

'To finish mid-table and not introduce youth this season is the worst of both worlds.' Therein lies the problem I think. Ultimately this is a results business and Warburton knew this. He has departed from the model of buying young, developing and selling high, on several occasions over the three years, to improve results. In this case with the arrival of Hendrick (and earlier Gray) he wasn't trying to improve results, but to sustain them and second guess what was coming down the tracks, based on his Brentford experience. It failed spectacularly so he had no chance of surviving, now that we some insight to what was happening behind the scenes. But if - at a very minimum - we had maintained our play-off position, then there wouldn't be a murmur about making bad choice, 'blocking pathways' etc etc and Warburton would clearly still be in a job. Because good results are very effective at healing rifts and papering over cracks in relationships. Once we had finished no better than if we had been playing Niko, Kakay et al, he was doomed.
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:54 - May 3 with 2228 viewsnadera78

Absolutely no-one comes out of this well.

Ferdinand for the treatment of players out of contract, and other poor decisions. Warburton for straying so massively from the task he was set - ie to develop young players to sell on. Nor the owners and CEO for allowing this split to occur.

What an awful couple of months it's been for QPR.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 14:54]
Warbs from West London Sport on 14:57 - May 3 with 2189 viewsbosh67

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:54 - May 3 by nadera78

Ferdinand for the treatment of players out of contract, and other poor decisions. Warburton for straying so massively from the task he was set - ie to develop young players to sell on. Nor the owners and CEO for allowing this split to occur.

Yeah, but apart from that...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:58 - May 3 with 2187 viewsW7Ranger

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:54 - May 3 by nadera78

"Warburton for straying so massively from the task he was set - ie to develop young players to sell on."

Eze.
Bos
Chair
Willock
Dunne
Dickie
Dieng
Amos
Warbs from West London Sport on 15:05 - May 3 with 2148 viewsWhip_It

The one thing that stands out to me is the absence of a single, joined-up strategy that pulls together youth, player signings and departures and first team performance. This seems to have landed somewhere between Ramsey, Ferdinand and Warburton, all of whom want slightly different things. The Board - and particularly the Chairman - needs to get a grip on this, because it's the one thing that successful clubs seem to have in common.
Warbs from West London Sport on 15:06 - May 3 with 2144 viewsnadera78

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:58 - May 3 by W7Ranger

"Warburton for straying so massively from the task he was set - ie to develop young players to sell on."

Eze.
Bos
Chair
Willock
Dunne
Dickie
Dieng
Amos

Hendrick, Gray, Austin, Johansen (crippling our wage bill for the next 2 seasons too btw), Sanderson...

Plus, apparently, not even speaking to Paul Hall and the rest fo the youth coaches.
Warbs from West London Sport on 15:06 - May 3 with 2141 viewsTheChef

Yeah on that Dave Mc thread I think Bircham had it right, what club do we want to be?

Because for the most part it makes sense to develop your own talent and be an attractive club for young players to come to, and then sell on at a decent profit (the Brentford model yadda yadda).

BUT clearly and maybe a bit more through luck than judgement, the team did so well earlier this season that maybe heads got turned a bit especially at board level; that play offs and the Prem were within our reach. But then on the flipside they wanted MW to use the u23s more but he didn't think they were up to it.

So here we are with one game left and it seems like we are back to square one.

And as Dave Mc writes there is a bit of luck in terms of which youth players make it and which ones don't. Of the current 'outsiders' Bettache is an odd one, I thought he looked perfectly capable the few times he played for the first team, then he got loaned out to Oldham and has more or less disappeared.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warbs from West London Sport on 15:12 - May 3 with 2099 viewsRs_Holy

Warbs from West London Sport on 15:05 - May 3 by Whip_It

The one thing that stands out to me is the absence of a single, joined-up strategy that pulls together youth, player signings and departures and first team performance. This seems to have landed somewhere between Ramsey, Ferdinand and Warburton, all of whom want slightly different things. The Board - and particularly the Chairman - needs to get a grip on this, because it's the one thing that successful clubs seem to have in common.

spot on!
Warbs from West London Sport on 15:22 - May 3 with 2058 viewsPinnerPaul

Warbs from West London Sport on 14:21 - May 3 by daveB

he didn't suggest he was worth millions

Its the wider argument that he is included with our better players who we missed out on atransfer fee for, like Bright.

ANY player going for under a million is hardly worth a mention then surely?

If he wasn't worth millions, which in my view he wasn't, not worth mentioning and certainly not in the poor management of player contract argument, which I still see as a red herring, unless you are committing to two contracts for every player or saying to Dom Ball, here's your Championship contract but if we get promoted its bye bye - just as 'unsettling' as the pretty much unavoidable wait and see approach.
Warbs from West London Sport on 15:25 - May 3 with 2046 viewsrobith

it's more had he been on a longer deal (a product of a year of stalling under McClaren see also Bright) we'd have gotten more for him, rather than his absolute value ceiling being enormous
Warbs from West London Sport on 15:27 - May 3 with 2034 viewsdaveB

Warbs from West London Sport on 15:22 - May 3 by PinnerPaul

Its the wider argument that he is included with our better players who we missed out on atransfer fee for, like Bright.

ANY player going for under a million is hardly worth a mention then surely?

If he wasn't worth millions, which in my view he wasn't, not worth mentioning and certainly not in the poor management of player contract argument, which I still see as a red herring, unless you are committing to two contracts for every player or saying to Dom Ball, here's your Championship contract but if we get promoted its bye bye - just as 'unsettling' as the pretty much unavoidable wait and see approach.

Kakay was mentioned as well not sure anyone is suggesting he is worth millions either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024