Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All 11:22 - May 6 with 12230 viewsParkRoyalR

Sad to see Ball go, but as a model professional and seemingly very decent bloke, understand he will want 1st team football and he no doubt recognises that will be limited with Field and maybe Amos ahead of him in the 2,

Played with the desire of an R's fan and was a key player at a difficult time. A credit to himself and someone the fans should remember fondly.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:33 - May 6 with 6663 viewsRBlock

Played with the dedication and determination that we all ask from a QPR player. I'm not surprised to see him go, but devastated we haven't seen more of his drive and passion this season. Seeing a DM so committed to taking the ball on his back foot and lurching forward, never really sure where he's going to end up, has been an absolute pleasure. Love the guy to bits.

We'll always have Cardiff, Dom. All the best.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:36 - May 6 with 6651 viewsextratimeR

Yes, he always gave 100% never ducked a tackle, and of course that wonderful goal.

Good luck and thanks Dom
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:46 - May 6 with 6602 viewsRBlock

Fvck it, I'm changing my avatar. Je suis Dom.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:48 - May 6 with 6587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good post. The very best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:50 - May 6 with 6580 viewsslmrstid

Sorry to see him go but it may be one its his decision as much as the club's given his lack of gametime.

A player who seemed to play like a fan and that's no bad thing.

Its still such a shame that barnstormer against Cardiff had no fans for it - it really did deserve to have a full LR going mental.

Best wishes to him.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:51 - May 6 with 6574 viewsbosh67

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=788828235013949

That goal!!!
[Post edited 6 May 2022 11:51]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:56 - May 6 with 6543 viewsEastR

Dom’s been unlucky this season to be in direct competition for a place with one of our top 5 performing (and injury free) players in Sam Field.
He always gave his best and we’ll miss his versatility — need another centre half to repel an onslaught? Beef up the midfield? I reckon if he’d been on the field at Derby he would have ended up between the sticks. And he scored a goal a season with us.
Thanks Dom.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 18:03 - May 6 with 6286 viewshertshoops

Sad to see him move on, but maybe that lack of gametime this season hurts (and rightly so)

Would have had him in the team ahead of Dozzy personally, and there have been plenty of games where he might have done better than Johansen, which wasn't hard

Good luck wherever you end up Dom and thanks
Login to get fewer ads

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 18:51 - May 6 with 6213 viewsMyke

I think the OP title has the makings of an ode, or maybe even a ballad - well ok a Limerick at least
Dom Ball
Always gave his all
love to see a gif
of that strike v Cardiff
Leaving, the wrong call?
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 19:01 - May 6 with 6211 viewsDorse

Can this season end any more shit? Fcuk everything. If anybody wants me I will be unconscious, surrounded by empty Belgian beer bottles.

Remember the good times? Why fcuking bother? They only reinforce how godawful everything is now. The universe can just fcuk off.

[Insert Arthur Fowler gif here]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 19:59 - May 6 with 6150 viewsdistortR

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 19:01 - May 6 by Dorse

Can this season end any more shit? Fcuk everything. If anybody wants me I will be unconscious, surrounded by empty Belgian beer bottles.

Remember the good times? Why fcuking bother? They only reinforce how godawful everything is now. The universe can just fcuk off.

[Insert Arthur Fowler gif here]

You're taking it better then expected Dorse.................
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 20:02 - May 6 with 6138 viewsdezzar

Gutted that your leaving Dom , good luck for the future man
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 21:57 - May 6 with 5975 viewsMick_S

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 20:02 - May 6 by dezzar

Gutted that your leaving Dom , good luck for the future man

Same here. Up front and straight up.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 03:13 - May 7 with 5829 viewsnumptydumpty

I think if johansen contract was less and unsure why Dozell above him but think even if we could have offered a contract would have been only a one year contract.

Think particularly with Field and Amos at the very least ahead of him, it would have been reasonable to assume even though a brilliant squad option chances playing week in, week out would be limited, but a decent pro, who gives it his all.

Will be remembered fondly.

Everyone loves a trier.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 04:28 - May 7 with 5804 viewsnadera78

I think he's been underused this season, especially when we needed a bit more grit in the midfield, and I'd like to have kept him on. That said, he may not want to stay - could easily be eyeing a club were he plays every week and you can't blame him for that, it's a good character trait.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 08:21 - May 7 with 5707 viewssexton

Ball was terrific in that Blackpool game after Sanderson got himself sent off. Was that his last appearance? Shocking if so.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 10:33 - May 7 with 5616 viewsDejR_vu

Another poor decision by the club imo.

Reading some of the revelations that are coming out now, it seems as though there are those at the club who are so intent on progression of youth that they can’t see the wood for the trees. Clearly, if those people were doing their jobs competently this would be a non-issue because the quality would be at a level where those young players would be good enough. The question that needs to be considered is not whether Ball can compete with Field, rather is he a better option than the alternative in the u23s.

Don’t get me wrong, we absolutely need to develop players and sell them and, in an ideal world, we go with a home-grown player. But, there’s no point getting relegated to League One trying to go it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 12:26 - May 7 with 5525 viewsQPunkR

Awful decision to let him go, Ball always played with his heart on his sleeve. Loved his slaloming runs to gwad-knows-where and of course that thunderbastard against Cardiff, but most of all loved his commitment to the cause. Vastly underused this season, especially in view of the dross performances served up repeatedly by the likes of Johansen and Dozzell

QPR - "shit but local"

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 09:48 - May 8 with 5249 viewsBlue_Castello

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 10:33 - May 7 by DejR_vu

Another poor decision by the club imo.

Reading some of the revelations that are coming out now, it seems as though there are those at the club who are so intent on progression of youth that they can’t see the wood for the trees. Clearly, if those people were doing their jobs competently this would be a non-issue because the quality would be at a level where those young players would be good enough. The question that needs to be considered is not whether Ball can compete with Field, rather is he a better option than the alternative in the u23s.

Don’t get me wrong, we absolutely need to develop players and sell them and, in an ideal world, we go with a home-grown player. But, there’s no point getting relegated to League One trying to go it.

The last paragraph is the important point, if there's any truth in some of the stuff printed this week it sounds like the club are putting all there chips on promoting youth next season, that's a real gamble because the owners will have shot themselves in the foot if we end up in League 1. The defining point will come when they appoint a new Manager, how he hits the ground running , because he has to reinstall the team spirit and hopefully be involved in the recruitment process although it looks like Les is getting on with that in his absence, seems to point more to a Head coach appointment than a Manager.

So Dom Ball gets picked and Dozzell sits on the bench that's because Warbs had nothing stopping him picking his team, obviously Ball doesn't have the supposed sell on value and we've paid a £1 million for Dozzell , hence the emphasis was always to give Dozzell his chances.
I certainly would have at least tried to keep Ball by making him an offer, an excellent squad player who can play in a variety of positions, he may not always be first choice but he must have sat on that bench for the last few months despairing at the lack of effort in midfield.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 09:55 - May 8 with 5234 viewsdaveB

Thought he was excellent yesterday, personally would have tried to keep him
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 10:02 - May 8 with 5208 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cannot believe he hasn't been offered a new contract even more so that QPR are considering offering Charlie Owens a 24 year old who is yet to play for us just find both decisions strange. Thanks Dom a whole hearted trier who never let Rangers down and veered between Sunday football and World Class often within seconds of each other
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 10:05 - May 8 with 5188 viewsBlue_Castello

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 10:02 - May 8 by denhamhoop2

Cannot believe he hasn't been offered a new contract even more so that QPR are considering offering Charlie Owens a 24 year old who is yet to play for us just find both decisions strange. Thanks Dom a whole hearted trier who never let Rangers down and veered between Sunday football and World Class often within seconds of each other

Absolutely big mistake to not even say they are having contract negotiations, maybe Ball wanted to leave after the way Warbs was treated but he seems very level headed so I would have thought would want to discuss his options...
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 11:21 - May 8 with 5093 viewsHAYESBOY

Should be kept on for his versatility. Its a head scratcher.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 18:20 - May 9 with 4851 viewswestberksr

Of the current squad he has been one of my favourite players.

as stated, plays like a fan; that alone makes up for so much when you compare it to the 'not appearing to give a shiit' attitude of some others. They might be technically better, but not by a sufficient margin for him to have had so few minutes this season.

Dom Ball, I will miss you and wish you well wherever you next ply your trade.
Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 18:26 - May 9 with 4830 viewsdaveB

Dom Ball - Always Gave His All on 10:02 - May 8 by denhamhoop2

I think the Owens thing is the same as Shodipo in the club having the option to extend so not a straight forward release, may end up staying but probably not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024