Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 21:14 - May 12 with 2640 viewsWalnut

FACup QF 1982 weekend inc QPR V Palace :-)
Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 on 23:52 - May 12 with 2493 viewsGalileo

Finally they’re showing a classic.

Wonder whether they’ll include the after match on pitch footage
Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 on 07:03 - May 13 with 2378 viewsdavman

Fantastic. I was 11, my brother, the PalARSE fan was 15. He went; I didn't. He already hated us because we "ripped" their "Team of the Eighties" apart by getting TV and plenty of players to see the light and come to QPR. He was trying to taunt me all week that they were going to win the FA. Cup and would smash us.

They didn't and is was simply because we had a plastic pitch.

He gave me a slap that night (as he did quite often when I was little), but it was different that time because instead of crying to mum and dad, I just laughed at him. Got one more from him, but what did I care, we were in the FA Cup Semi-Final and they weren't! They really didn't like us much at that point...

Thanks for posting, I'll record it and watch it back later. Happy times; that season was the point we got going that would keep us in the top flight for 13 years - all the way through my formative years...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 on 07:41 - May 13 with 2351 viewsMoonshineSteve

Bit naughty outside afterwards.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 on 08:22 - May 13 with 2306 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That was a lively afternoon.
Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 on 09:49 - May 13 with 2211 viewsTheChef

They showed the Blackpool v QPR cup tie the other week (which went to a replay, did we win?) - you might still be able to catch it on the old Sky box.

Anyway the intro is truly a thing of wonder. Martin O'Neill pumping iron and staring menacingly into the camera. Mick Ferguson looking like he's having a whale of a time. Alan Biley's hair.

Wonder what Elton Welsby is up to these days?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Match time revisited Saturday 1030am ITV4 on 21:44 - May 14 with 1949 viewsManinBlack

What I found odd was at the start of the programme the date 29 August 1981 appears. I have never known an FA cup tie to be played in August. Very odd caption.

Look at the players we had and compare the second tier quality we had then to what we had this season. Stainrod, Allen and Flanagan in attack, Currie, Gregory and Waddock in midfield, Hazel, Roeder and Gillard in defence, Hucker in goal and Venables as manager. That is some side for the second division. Streets ahead of what we have now as it is all about money.
[Post edited 14 May 2022 21:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024