Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) 15:28 - May 27 with 9010 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone watch kenobi yet? I purposely worked from home today to watch it at 8 am, both episodes.

Very good.

Discuss
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:55 - Jun 23 with 1480 viewsthame_hoops

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:40 - Jun 23 by Orthodox_Hoop

Spoilers.

Thought it was telling that the best received scenes were the flashback scenes in Ep5, what a waste of potential that was - there should've been much more of that between McGregor and Christensen. Then we get the climactic fight scene in Ep6 which looked great, albeit a bit silly (Vader can pull a ship out of the sky but can't deflect rocks, wtf?) - but was spoiled by the ridiculous cuts to the action on Tatooine with Reva bumbling her way to catch Luke.

The writing was atrocious, even if it was aimed at kids. It's almost as if they've completely forgotten the source material or are intentionally ignoring it...

I watched the episode again last night, in pitch black, curtains closed, and my screen was still very dark during the Reva/Luke and Obi/Vader scenes. It was quite hard to see some of the action. And I have quite a new QLED TV. I even paused it and messed around with the contrast/Brightness. Anyone else have issues seeing it?
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 08:30 - Jun 24 with 1363 viewsconnell10

I think Rogue one and Mando are the only decent Star Wars stuff Disney has done , the rest has been average at best .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 09:16 - Jun 24 with 1335 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 08:30 - Jun 24 by connell10

I think Rogue one and Mando are the only decent Star Wars stuff Disney has done , the rest has been average at best .

Agreed. Average at best is being generous. Only the ones you've mentioned will age well.

Andor looks pretty decent though. There is hope.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 09:17 - Jun 24 with 1333 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:55 - Jun 23 by thame_hoops

I watched the episode again last night, in pitch black, curtains closed, and my screen was still very dark during the Reva/Luke and Obi/Vader scenes. It was quite hard to see some of the action. And I have quite a new QLED TV. I even paused it and messed around with the contrast/Brightness. Anyone else have issues seeing it?

It did seem very dark for some reason now you mention it. And don't get me started on the shaky cam!
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 16:46 - Jun 26 with 1231 viewstoboboly

Just watched the series. Fairly awful

Edit - 3rd sister background story makes no sense. Takes so much to kill a rebel. Vader made out to be a psychopath rather than just evil. Absolute mess of direction and writing.

I will watch Andor but really not sure why i am bothering anymore. Book of boba-fett was worse than Kenobi but not by much
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 16:52]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 22:51 - Jun 26 with 1161 viewsmakaveli1882

Actually can't believe these posts! Disney f%€ked them last 3 films to the point they nearly ruined the originals!

One thing they haven't messed up with is Vader.

I enjoyed every episode but the village scene in episode 3 and the last fight in episode 6 wil probably go down as the bestof Star wars in history.

So happy for Hayden to be back in the fold, chilling, haughty and mind blowing.. didn't know Ewen was such a good actor!

If you watch the animation stuff it at ties in, watched A New Hope and Empire strike back since makes it better, y'all mad 😠

Still Rangers fans out there who dislike Adel, I must be in a different planet....loved it.. hope there isn't a season 2 though.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 15:43 - Jun 27 with 1077 viewsmikeygunn

No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 15:46 - Jun 27 with 1066 viewsJuzzie

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 15:43 - Jun 27 by mikeygunn

No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans

Lol!

Nah, it's just passionate people. Same with a football club, some of the comments I've seen from fans about their clubs you'd think they hate the club too.
Login to get fewer ads

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 16:59 - Jun 27 with 1038 viewsdaveB

I quite enjoyed it but there was very little tension in it as you know all the main characters survive which was one of the big problems with the prequals that you knew how it ended.

The Vader stuff was very good though.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 12:14 - Jun 29 with 908 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 12:16 - Jun 29 with 908 viewsdaveB

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 12:14 - Jun 29 by Metallica_Hoop

Another satisfied customer
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 08:10 - Jun 30 with 792 viewsTheChef

Love this guy's stuff, he's a little bit Charlie Brooker.

This helped save me several hours of my life I otherwise might not have got back!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 09:45 - Jun 30 with 763 viewsRangersw12

He's the sort of person who moans that Gandalf didn't just get on an eagle and drop the ring in the fires of mount doom in LOTR

Some people are just miserable cnts and can't enjoy anything
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 10:32 - Jun 30 with 745 viewstoboboly

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 09:45 - Jun 30 by Rangersw12

He's the sort of person who moans that Gandalf didn't just get on an eagle and drop the ring in the fires of mount doom in LOTR

Some people are just miserable cnts and can't enjoy anything

I think he has a legitimate case here

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 10:59 - Jun 30 with 733 viewsrobith

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 10:32 - Jun 30 by toboboly

I think he has a legitimate case here

Tolkien himself addressed this - Sauron would see them coming and send the Nazgul to intercept guys, come on
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:01 - Jun 30 with 730 viewsrobith

I was really up and down on this, and I'm a miserable guy, but I thought the last two episodes nailed it.

Vader knowing who Reva was all along got rid of a lot of my quibbles tbh, and I loved him owning her expending zero effort. I loved them getting Vader mad going for the kill to dupe him. And the whole final episode basically felt like an apology for Revenge of the Sith, it was wonderful (even if it's best moment was stolen from Rebels)
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:06 - Jun 30 with 726 viewsthame_hoops

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:01 - Jun 30 by robith

I was really up and down on this, and I'm a miserable guy, but I thought the last two episodes nailed it.

Vader knowing who Reva was all along got rid of a lot of my quibbles tbh, and I loved him owning her expending zero effort. I loved them getting Vader mad going for the kill to dupe him. And the whole final episode basically felt like an apology for Revenge of the Sith, it was wonderful (even if it's best moment was stolen from Rebels)

I did love the interaction between Vader/Kenobi when he had half his mask sliced off (from rebels like you say) and the way his voice kept changing. i though it was superbly acted.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:10 - Jun 30 with 724 viewsrobith

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:06 - Jun 30 by thame_hoops

I did love the interaction between Vader/Kenobi when he had half his mask sliced off (from rebels like you say) and the way his voice kept changing. i though it was superbly acted.

Cos the prequels are so bad and they have to read dialogue written by a robot, that was the first time I ever really felt that they had been friends (weirdly by friendship's absence)
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:22 - Jun 30 with 719 viewsthame_hoops

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:10 - Jun 30 by robith

Cos the prequels are so bad and they have to read dialogue written by a robot, that was the first time I ever really felt that they had been friends (weirdly by friendship's absence)

the dialogue in ep2 when they enter the nightclub to find the bounty hunter is so cringe.. "why do i get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" "
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:26 - Jun 30 with 716 viewsrobith

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:22 - Jun 30 by thame_hoops

the dialogue in ep2 when they enter the nightclub to find the bounty hunter is so cringe.. "why do i get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" "

They're forever talking about all these amazing adventures they have together before they spend ages walking down corridors, going to meetings, and then going off and having separate adventures
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:29 - Jun 30 with 714 viewsthame_hoops

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:26 - Jun 30 by robith

They're forever talking about all these amazing adventures they have together before they spend ages walking down corridors, going to meetings, and then going off and having separate adventures

That's what i loved about the clone wars series
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024