Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet 20:32 - Jun 1 with 24681 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Having read the way that Beale wants to play with a back four, and the comment that “all of the players are young and have their best days ahead of them”, I fear for Barbet

It could be Dunne and Dickie as the first choice CBs. Possibly with Masterson as a back up as they’ve banged on so much about developing and bringing in the youth.

It would be such a shame for Barbet to just be released. I bet he comes back to Loftus Rd with another team and is motm!
Barbet on 20:46 - Jun 1 with 8320 viewsbosh67

Not sure. Barbet has a great attitude and calming influence. I don't think that will be lost on Beale. But it may be :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barbet on 20:46 - Jun 1 with 8313 viewsLblock

If we’re 4 at the back then I’d fear if we are relying on BarBay to be one of the two.
In a three he’s great(ish)
Probably on a decent wage and if we sign him back up I doubt he’d be an asset for sale.

Personally I’d take him for another two years as you need Senior pros who know the gaff and he’s not been too bad last 12 months.

In Beale We Trust

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barbet on 21:52 - Jun 1 with 8057 viewsqpr1976

Barbet on 20:46 - Jun 1 by Lblock

If we’re 4 at the back then I’d fear if we are relying on BarBay to be one of the two.
In a three he’s great(ish)
Probably on a decent wage and if we sign him back up I doubt he’d be an asset for sale.

Personally I’d take him for another two years as you need Senior pros who know the gaff and he’s not been too bad last 12 months.

In Beale We Trust

We could do with a few players with good fitness and appearance records. IMO
Barbet on 22:12 - Jun 1 with 7964 viewsessextaxiboy

We need 4 central defenders , Dickie Dunne Barbet Masterson . We know how injuries have hurt us . It's a no brainer unless he wants big bucks
Barbet on 22:24 - Jun 1 with 7887 viewsbaz_qpr

I think pace is going to be a key factor here tbh, I can see Dickie going and perhaps a faster loan cb coming in with pacy full backs
Barbet on 22:26 - Jun 1 with 7882 viewsdavman

Barbet on 22:12 - Jun 1 by essextaxiboy

We need 4 central defenders , Dickie Dunne Barbet Masterson . We know how injuries have hurt us . It's a no brainer unless he wants big bucks

Feck me, arguably the best of the bunch ignored. De Wijs is still ours, right?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barbet on 22:28 - Jun 1 with 7872 viewsbosh67

Barbet on 22:26 - Jun 1 by davman

Right and he actually played almost every game in Germany. He is a very good player. I guess he'll last 3 games and his legs will fall off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barbet on 22:28 - Jun 1 with 7865 viewsdmm

I think it might be helpful to post a reminder that we still have Jordy de Wijs.
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on 22:35 - Jun 1 with 7830 viewsessextaxiboy

I thought he been released , but not the best of the bunch IMO . He can't stay fit .
Barbet on 22:47 - Jun 1 with 7762 viewsdavman

Barbet on 22:35 - Jun 1 by essextaxiboy

I thought he been released , but not the best of the bunch IMO . He can't stay fit .

Agree with that and, to be fair, I judge him on his performance in the back three, which he, and Barbet are well suited to.

A back two of Dunne and Dickie with Field in front is pretty good. But, as with our squad right now and probably when we get going, their replacements are significantly weaker.

In fact, now Dom Ball has gone, who replaces Field?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barbet on 22:48 - Jun 1 with 7761 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Barbet on 22:35 - Jun 1 by essextaxiboy

Also not sure he ever played in a two foe us. Always in that nice middle of the 3 role.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Barbet on 23:13 - Jun 1 with 7613 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone know if Beale coincided with Masterson in their Liverpool days?
Barbet on 23:26 - Jun 1 with 7571 viewsMyke

Wouldn't appear to fit Beale's profile of fast young players and has a chronic injury record. Will probably loan him out again until his contract expires
Barbet on 23:32 - Jun 1 with 7554 viewsMyke

Can see Dickie being moved on. Free up a couple of mill for full backs and his pace would be an issue for Beale's style. Would not surprise me to see Sanderson return, either as a CB or Full back. With our limited budget, versatility is going to be key and Sanderson is shite in a number of defensive positions
Barbet on 01:14 - Jun 2 with 7397 viewsDavieQPR

Barbet on 23:32 - Jun 1 by Myke

Can see Dickie being moved on. Free up a couple of mill for full backs and his pace would be an issue for Beale's style. Would not surprise me to see Sanderson return, either as a CB or Full back. With our limited budget, versatility is going to be key and Sanderson is shite in a number of defensive positions

Sanderson is being linked to Sunderland and Sheff Utd for £500k.
Barbet on 05:22 - Jun 2 with 7248 viewsLblock

Barbet on 01:14 - Jun 2 by DavieQPR

Sanderson is being linked to Sunderland and Sheff Utd for £500k.

No doubt he’ll go on to have a great career.

However based on his time with us it’s a no from me.

Pace, aggression and ability at wide defence must be our priority number one and hopefully Beale is on that case already.
Next I’d hope to see the forward positions reviewed and then maybe a couple of bodies midfield

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barbet on 09:14 - Jun 2 with 6845 viewsBklynRanger

Barbet on 23:13 - Jun 1 by francisbowles

Anyone know if Beale coincided with Masterson in their Liverpool days?

Good point - looks like they would have overlapped to some extent.

Masterson was with the U18s from 2014/15 and captained them in 2016, leaving in 2018.

Beale was U16s 2012-14 and U23s 2014-17/18 - looks like he was definitely overseeing the U23s when Conor was playing for them in 2018 and made a couple of senior bench appearances. So you'd guess it was Beale who felt he was ready.

He might go from having one manager who didn't rate him to getting in one who really did.
Barbet on 09:52 - Jun 2 with 6725 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Barbet on 05:22 - Jun 2 by Lblock

No doubt he’ll go on to have a great career.

However based on his time with us it’s a no from me.

Pace, aggression and ability at wide defence must be our priority number one and hopefully Beale is on that case already.
Next I’d hope to see the forward positions reviewed and then maybe a couple of bodies midfield

In summary: you’re happy with Dieng; everything else to be improved.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Barbet on 12:18 - Jun 2 with 6527 viewsMedwayR

I think we'll go with Dunne & Dickie at CB, with Masterson as cover.

Not sure what we'll do with De Wijs. Sanderson would be worth signing at £500k but I suspect wages could be an issue, if he'd even want to come here.

Poll: Who’s better?

Barbet on 12:42 - Jun 2 with 6478 viewsDannytheR

If we're going to a 4 at the back, it's surely going to need a change of personnel. By all accounts Barbet's been treated shabbily, but he was never able to play in a two man central defence, and I literally know 50 year old men who can cover the ground quicker than Dunne and Dickie.

Those two as a pair with Field in front of them will be outright arthritic. You might as well stand the whole team on the goal line. So you'd imagine if a reasonable free could be found for Dickie, it would tick a couple of boxes - potentially saves us having to sell Willock and leaves room for someone nimble next to Dunne.
Barbet on 13:43 - Jun 2 with 6356 viewsed_83

Wild idea maybe, but what about Barbet as cover for Field in that deep-lying midfield role? Stick him just in front of the back four, maybe even dropping back as a third centre-back when the fullbacks push up, he can do all the tackling and passing that role would require without getting exposed as one of two centre-backs, and ping his Diags around as before.
Barbet on 16:09 - Jun 2 with 6137 viewsBostonR

He’s about to sign for Bordeaux according to a French sports paper.
Barbet on 16:47 - Jun 2 with 6061 viewsbosh67

Barbet on 16:09 - Jun 2 by BostonR

He’s about to sign for Bordeaux according to a French sports paper.

Just seen that which does seem to fit in with the talk at the start of last season that he wanted to bring his family up in France. I was surprised that he was going to be let go here to remain in the UK. This makes a lot more sense and I think if he does go back to France then he will retain his cult status. I think he's been immense for us.

Never knowingly right.

Barbet on 17:54 - Jun 2 with 5933 viewssimmo

Think we might sell Dickie tbh, someone has to go and he's the one that makes most sense IMO. A big loss but softened slightly with Dunne emerging. I def expect Masterson - who Beale likely knows well - to be around the first team now but not sure we can rely on him (ability) or De Wijs (fitness), so maybe we'll have to add another CB to the shopping list.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barbet on 18:47 - Jun 2 with 5775 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on 17:54 - Jun 2 by simmo

Think we might sell Dickie tbh, someone has to go and he's the one that makes most sense IMO. A big loss but softened slightly with Dunne emerging. I def expect Masterson - who Beale likely knows well - to be around the first team now but not sure we can rely on him (ability) or De Wijs (fitness), so maybe we'll have to add another CB to the shopping list.

It's interesting, the general perception last season is that Dickie started on fire and tailed off, and Dunne was fcking brilliant. Actually the stats and the metrics, which is of course what the recruitment people look at, show that yeh Dickie had a sensational August but then apart from one obvious error at Bournemouth was remarkably consistent, error free, and our best defender in most categories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024