Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 377910 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 09:36 - Jun 12 with 6421 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 17:50 - Jun 11 by QPR_Hibs

Parrott just scored for Ireland.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer Rumours on 09:37 - Jun 12 with 6413 viewsLblock

Parrott just scored for Ireland

Transfer Rumours on 09:37 - Jun 12 with 6411 viewsLblock

Parrott just scored for Ireland..

Transfer Rumours on 09:37 - Jun 12 with 6418 viewsdavman

Transfer Rumours on 20:13 - Jun 11 by numptydumpty

Been going since 1953 and you still follow us now.

That is severely impressive but has it done you any good in life ???

Pain, frustration, tedium and agitation all rolled into one, year on year.

Got 27 years to make up on yourself, 1980 was my first ever live game but following them since 1974.

It's certainly a life sentence for all us super hoops. There is no way out...

I started in 1977 (age 6) and had the best years of the club during my best years - 1982-1995, when I was age 11-24. Could not have asked for a better club to support through school and university. A top flight club competing season after season with the "big boys". No need for pss taking from peers as they knew that we expected nothing, but could hurt them very, very easily.

Shame my boy missed out on that and only has a Play Off final that we absolutely cheated to get to and that subsequently no-one gives us much credit for.

A shame.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer Rumours on 12:04 - Jun 12 with 6071 viewsLazyFan

Freddie Ladapo has gone to Ipswich on a free, good player who gets 1 in 3. With Ball and Ladapo on free's I fancy Ipswich next season, they are going about their transfers in the correct way.

For us, it means Ipswich don't need to sign Bonne and no one else will pay anywhere near £1m for him. We have lost money on that one. Best we sell him for £500K if we can, cut losses and move on.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer Rumours on 12:15 - Jun 12 with 6044 viewsjeffranger

He might come good with us with proper coaching
Transfer Rumours on 13:23 - Jun 12 with 5865 viewsdmm

We're interested in Will Faulks, DCM, apparently. Not a name I know.
Transfer Rumours on 13:37 - Jun 12 with 5799 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 12:04 - Jun 12 by LazyFan

Freddie Ladapo has gone to Ipswich on a free, good player who gets 1 in 3. With Ball and Ladapo on free's I fancy Ipswich next season, they are going about their transfers in the correct way.

For us, it means Ipswich don't need to sign Bonne and no one else will pay anywhere near £1m for him. We have lost money on that one. Best we sell him for £500K if we can, cut losses and move on.

Or alternatively, instead of giving up on him, we could actually coach him to become the foil/alternative for Dykes that we need and can't afford. We know he scored 8 goals in a poor Charlton team at this level. Got 4 for us on very limited opportunities
Has the ability to get in behind defenders that we so lauded Gray for. His timing was his biggest downfall which is why he was so often offside. Surely timing ones runs into the box better is coach -able? And maybe coaching Chair, et Al to release the ball a bit earlier might help too. Think Bonne my benefit from having Dozzell behind him as he often spots an early run
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 13:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 13:57 - Jun 12 with 5717 viewsDannyPaddox

Transfer Rumours on 13:23 - Jun 12 by dmm

Do you mean Bill Foulkes. He’s a goalie.
Transfer Rumours on 14:24 - Jun 12 with 5635 viewsLoftgirl

Transfer Rumours on 13:23 - Jun 12 by dmm

He scored the 1 when beat Cardiff 6-1.
Transfer Rumours on 14:27 - Jun 12 with 5622 viewsdmm

Transfer Rumours on 13:57 - Jun 12 by DannyPaddox

Do you mean Bill Foulkes. He’s a goalie.

You could get the entire U23 squad in those shorts
Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Jun 12 with 5578 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 13:37 - Jun 12 by Myke

Or alternatively, instead of giving up on him, we could actually coach him to become the foil/alternative for Dykes that we need and can't afford. We know he scored 8 goals in a poor Charlton team at this level. Got 4 for us on very limited opportunities
Has the ability to get in behind defenders that we so lauded Gray for. His timing was his biggest downfall which is why he was so often offside. Surely timing ones runs into the box better is coach -able? And maybe coaching Chair, et Al to release the ball a bit earlier might help too. Think Bonne my benefit from having Dozzell behind him as he often spots an early run
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 13:41]

Sorry fella but for me Jaffa Cake Bonne will never be a player.
If he can’t do it at the club he loves, at a lower much poorer level then he’s never going to do it back at us, a club he’s had a thinly veiled dig at.

£500k mentioned above – I’d bite your hand off at the forearm for that right now.
Clearly I’d hope he rams my words down my throat and becomes a success here and he wouldn’t be the first to make me look a mug, and not the last. Just cannot see it.
You seem to think coaching could turn him into a goal and/or assists machine? Maybe but the starting point needs to be raw talent, ability and a willingness to learn and improve along with patience. Don’t see any of this with him.
He’ll succeed at the lowest level maybe OR if he’s got excellent players around him serving up a dozen golden opportunities each and every game. Not in W12!!!

Terrible transfer and I hope we cut and run

Transfer Rumours on 14:48 - Jun 12 with 5542 viewstkqpr

Transfer Rumours on 12:37 - Jun 11 by Lblock

Free transfer from Leicester in 2020 after being plucked from their reserves with zero appearances.

Less than two years later being spoken of in £25Mill terms.

Nice.

We’ll have half a dozen of those please Mr Beale
(No pressure )

Typical, a free transfer from Leicester......

Rangers pick their inexperience untested undeveloped Calvin Bassey and turn him in to a £25m talked about player and we pick their Under 23's Captain George Thomas hmmm, how did that work out?

Lets hope it was MB's influence that made him tick and turned him into the player he's talked about today.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 14:51]
Transfer Rumours on 14:55 - Jun 12 with 5525 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Jun 12 by Lblock

Sorry fella but for me Jaffa Cake Bonne will never be a player.
If he can’t do it at the club he loves, at a lower much poorer level then he’s never going to do it back at us, a club he’s had a thinly veiled dig at.

£500k mentioned above – I’d bite your hand off at the forearm for that right now.
Clearly I’d hope he rams my words down my throat and becomes a success here and he wouldn’t be the first to make me look a mug, and not the last. Just cannot see it.
You seem to think coaching could turn him into a goal and/or assists machine? Maybe but the starting point needs to be raw talent, ability and a willingness to learn and improve along with patience. Don’t see any of this with him.
He’ll succeed at the lowest level maybe OR if he’s got excellent players around him serving up a dozen golden opportunities each and every game. Not in W12!!!

Terrible transfer and I hope we cut and run

I get your argument, but I would take the 'jaffa cakes and thinly veiled dig' with a large pinch of salt. Not saying he is Einstein in the intelligence department, so he may well have felt the need to have an ill- judged go at us on the back of his very successful stint at Ipswich up to Christmas last season.
Not saying he is Harry Kane either, but all our attacking
players struggled to make double figures last season (and some failed abysmally) so if he could grab 10-12 it would be an okay return. I think of those thumping headers v Derby and SW and just feel there's a half- decent striker in there, which given our budget, may be all we can hope for. Probably completely wrong and MB will release him on a free.
Transfer Rumours on 15:02 - Jun 12 with 5509 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Transfer Rumours on 09:37 - Jun 12 by Lblock

Parrott just scored for Ireland..

I see what you did there Lblock well done.Did Dykes appear for Scotland I could not bring myself to watch after ROI last 2 miserable attempts .
Transfer Rumours on 15:06 - Jun 12 with 5492 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 15:02 - Jun 12 by CLAREMAN1995

I see what you did there Lblock well done.Did Dykes appear for Scotland I could not bring myself to watch after ROI last 2 miserable attempts .

Injured

For Scotland?!? What madness is this?!?!!!

Transfer Rumours on 15:24 - Jun 12 with 5441 viewsPunteR

Transfer Rumours on 15:06 - Jun 12 by Lblock

Injured

For Scotland?!? What madness is this?!?!!!

That must be him ruled out for the season at QPR then.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Transfer Rumours on 15:53 - Jun 12 with 5349 viewsDavieQPR

Bonne will be 27 in October a bit passed the coaching stage Would be a bit set in his ways by now. Also someone who has scored 1 goal in his last 30 appearances for a strongish team in a lower league. Not for me. Sell him for what we can get and free up wages.
Transfer Rumours on 16:31 - Jun 12 with 5210 viewskensalriser

Transfer Rumours on 14:55 - Jun 12 by Myke

I get your argument, but I would take the 'jaffa cakes and thinly veiled dig' with a large pinch of salt. Not saying he is Einstein in the intelligence department, so he may well have felt the need to have an ill- judged go at us on the back of his very successful stint at Ipswich up to Christmas last season.
Not saying he is Harry Kane either, but all our attacking
players struggled to make double figures last season (and some failed abysmally) so if he could grab 10-12 it would be an okay return. I think of those thumping headers v Derby and SW and just feel there's a half- decent striker in there, which given our budget, may be all we can hope for. Probably completely wrong and MB will release him on a free.

If he could be improved to Champ standard by coaching, the obvious question is why did no one think of such a simple solution before?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Rumours on 17:55 - Jun 12 with 4950 viewsMedwayR

Transfer Rumours on 14:48 - Jun 12 by tkqpr

Typical, a free transfer from Leicester......

Rangers pick their inexperience untested undeveloped Calvin Bassey and turn him in to a £25m talked about player and we pick their Under 23's Captain George Thomas hmmm, how did that work out?

Lets hope it was MB's influence that made him tick and turned him into the player he's talked about today.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 14:51]

To be fair, even if we'd wanted Bassey we would've had to pay compensation.

Just read that rangers had to pay it too, £230k apparently.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 18:00]

Poll: Who’s better?

Transfer Rumours on 19:24 - Jun 12 with 4781 viewsHAYESBOY

Transfer Rumours on 17:55 - Jun 12 by MedwayR

To be fair, even if we'd wanted Bassey we would've had to pay compensation.

Just read that rangers had to pay it too, £230k apparently.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 18:00]

I pasted the rumour as it mentions Archer in the possible deal who we have been linked with. No way would we be anywhere Bassey. Plus, he's not a 25m player.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer Rumours on 22:08 - Jun 12 with 4384 viewsLazyFan

Transfer Rumours on 16:31 - Jun 12 by kensalriser

If he could be improved to Champ standard by coaching, the obvious question is why did no one think of such a simple solution before?

Exactly, Warbs farmed him out on loan. He preferred a past it Austin over Bonne.

He is just not good enough, it's sad as he is a trier like Ball. But unlike Ball cost a lot of money. It is a risk we took. You experiment, even with a lot of money (as that's what forwards cost) some you win like Dykes (even that's a small win) and some you lose like Bonne.

Best we not do a Washout and keep playing him into zero worth. Get shot now, while his stats overall say 1 in 4 for League One, which is passable for a target man. Sort of player we could get Barnsley to buy, might have to go as low as £300K. But needs to go.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer Rumours on 06:36 - Jun 13 with 3963 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 22:08 - Jun 12 by LazyFan

Exactly, Warbs farmed him out on loan. He preferred a past it Austin over Bonne.

He is just not good enough, it's sad as he is a trier like Ball. But unlike Ball cost a lot of money. It is a risk we took. You experiment, even with a lot of money (as that's what forwards cost) some you win like Dykes (even that's a small win) and some you lose like Bonne.

Best we not do a Washout and keep playing him into zero worth. Get shot now, while his stats overall say 1 in 4 for League One, which is passable for a target man. Sort of player we could get Barnsley to buy, might have to go as low as £300K. But needs to go.

Great point on not persisting on playing him – use the old approach of form improving longer you’re not in the squad angle.

Take any offer and as you say 1 in 4 plus a well edited show reel should see him go somewhere for £250k to £500k. If not then I foresee a season long loan at Wycombe with a stockpile of Jaffa Cakes available from February

Transfer Rumours on 12:33 - Jun 14 with 3144 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61586687

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61795210

Couple of new Managers for next season.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer Rumours on 12:51 - Jun 14 with 3026 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer Rumours on 12:33 - Jun 14 by HAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61586687

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61795210

Couple of new Managers for next season.

Good appointment by Blackburn not so sure about Burnley though.Liam Rosenior going to Blackpool could be another good appointment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024