Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 06:11 - Jun 23 with 8336 viewsWA_Hoop

A bit of a step down...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-charlie-austin-undergoes-brisbane-roa
Charlie Austin on 06:45 - Jun 23 with 5269 viewsbosh67

A big step down under.

Family lifestyle choice. Weather, economy, lifestyle, media opportunities all better than here. At 32 why not with a young family?

Good luck to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin on 07:00 - Jun 23 with 5229 viewsWA_Hoop

Charlie Austin on 06:45 - Jun 23 by bosh67

A big step down under.

Family lifestyle choice. Weather, economy, lifestyle, media opportunities all better than here. At 32 why not with a young family?

Good luck to him.

All of which is not lost on Perth based me!

It was more a comment on the 'quality' of the A League.
Charlie Austin on 08:04 - Jun 23 with 5045 viewsjoe90

Charlie Austin on 07:00 - Jun 23 by WA_Hoop

If I was going to Australia, Brisbane would not be on my list.

Good luck to him.
Charlie Austin on 08:21 - Jun 23 with 4987 viewsizlingtonhoop

Charlie Austin on 08:04 - Jun 23 by joe90

Good luck to him.

Are you a Goth?

A Brisbanian mate of mine once told me that Brizzy Goths really suffer for their convictions. Trench coats and panstick do not sit well with the climate.
Charlie Austin on 08:32 - Jun 23 with 4936 viewsBklynRanger

Charlie Austin on 07:00 - Jun 23 by WA_Hoop

I didn't want to insult the A League - but it does slightly undermine how insulted he said he felt when asked by Les if he was retiring.
Charlie Austin on 08:32 - Jun 23 with 4925 viewsswitchingcode

Charlie Austin on 08:04 - Jun 23 by joe90

Good luck to him.

Nothing wrong with Brisbane( although I prefer Melbourne and Sydney )some great places to visit in that area.Western Sydney Wanderers are my Hyundai league side
Charlie Austin on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 4893 viewstoboboly

Charlie Austin on 08:32 - Jun 23 by BklynRanger

I didn't want to insult the A League - but it does slightly undermine how insulted he said he felt when asked by Les if he was retiring.

Must be giving him the GDP of a small country. If he can't run over here how is he going to do it upside down?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Charlie Austin on 08:40 - Jun 23 with 4890 viewsBklynRanger

Charlie Austin on 08:39 - Jun 23 by toboboly

Must be giving him the GDP of a small country. If he can't run over here how is he going to do it upside down?

That's given me a legitimate chortle
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 09:19 - Jun 23 with 4700 viewsjoe90

Charlie Austin on 08:21 - Jun 23 by izlingtonhoop

Are you a Goth?

A Brisbanian mate of mine once told me that Brizzy Goths really suffer for their convictions. Trench coats and panstick do not sit well with the climate.

The goths of my youth were for the most part a confused and musically illiterate bunch.

Most of them appropriated a goth aesthetic but would listen to mainstream pop punk and a nu-metal. They would also be mislabelled as 'grunger's'.

No I'm not a Goth, I'm more into shoegazing.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 10:09]
Charlie Austin on 09:31 - Jun 23 with 4629 viewsWA_Hoop

Charlie Austin on 08:39 - Jun 23 by toboboly

Throw in the heat and some humidity and it will be slow motion in real time.
Charlie Austin on 09:32 - Jun 23 with 4617 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Charlie Austin on 09:19 - Jun 23 by joe90

The goths of my youth were for the most part a confused and musically illiterate bunch.

Most of them appropriated a goth aesthetic but would listen to mainstream pop punk and a nu-metal. They would also be mislabelled as 'grunger's'.

No I'm not a Goth, I'm more into shoegazing.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 10:09]

Those Goths you speak of were not 'proper' Goths according to a girl I know.

She used to go proper mental telling me how they used to turn up at 'slimelight' not knowing their poetry or Bauhaus (I'm generalising a bit but the argument was valid).

I've kind of had the same when someone younger than me years ago, told me 'Load' is Metallica's best album.
I tried very hard to empathise but what I really wanted to do was smash their head into the table and blast 'Ride the lightning' into their tiny mind WACO style.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Charlie Austin on 09:33 - Jun 23 with 4606 viewsjoe90

Charlie Austin on 08:32 - Jun 23 by switchingcode

Nothing wrong with Brisbane( although I prefer Melbourne and Sydney )some great places to visit in that area.Western Sydney Wanderers are my Hyundai league side

I only went because my friend was living there at the time. It seemed a boring and unattractive city.

On the same trip I ended up accidentally staying in Adelaide for about a week and really enjoyed. I'd never thought about going there and it turned out to be really unusual and unlike anywhere I'd been before. Definitely won't be going back, but it did leave an impression.
Charlie Austin on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 4567 viewsdaveB

When you see his options over here were the likes of Reading etc it's a great move for him and his family.
Charlie Austin on 09:47 - Jun 23 with 4540 viewsTonto

I just hope he likes creepy crawlies. a friend who emigrated there years back wrote on Facebook after about 5 years of being there "the insects never fail to scare the bejesus out of me". the accompanying photo scare the bejesus out of me!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Charlie Austin on 09:53 - Jun 23 with 4512 viewsizlingtonhoop

Charlie Austin on 09:47 - Jun 23 by Tonto

I just hope he likes creepy crawlies. a friend who emigrated there years back wrote on Facebook after about 5 years of being there "the insects never fail to scare the bejesus out of me". the accompanying photo scare the bejesus out of me!

Oh yeh.

Another Northerner I once worked with, a very attractive young woman, but that's by the by, told me of getting up for breakfast to discover a massive snake smashing up the microwave...
Charlie Austin on 09:54 - Jun 23 with 4502 viewsToast_R

I actually thought Brisbane was my favourite Australian city out of the ones I visited but that was nearly 20 years ago. Tell him not to go inwards towards Stanthorpe. That was a strange town.
Charlie Austin on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 4414 viewsted_hendrix

I thought Perth was fabulous.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie Austin on 10:30 - Jun 23 with 4341 viewsMyke

Charlie Austin on 06:45 - Jun 23 by bosh67

A big step down under.

Good luck to him.

Keep forgetting he is only in his early thirties - must be the way he played last season that convinces me he's 37/38
Charlie Austin on 10:45 - Jun 23 with 4276 viewsJuzzie

Charlie Austin on 09:53 - Jun 23 by izlingtonhoop

Oh yeh.

Another Northerner I once worked with, a very attractive young woman, but that's by the by, told me of getting up for breakfast to discover a massive snake smashing up the microwave...

That conjures up a mental image of Kaa with a hammer going bat sh*t crazy on the microwave!
Charlie Austin on 10:53 - Jun 23 with 4233 viewsBoston

Charlie Austin on 09:53 - Jun 23 by izlingtonhoop

Oh yeh.

Snakes, they're not just for breakfast.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Charlie Austin on 11:13 - Jun 23 with 4174 viewssimmo

Looks about right tbh, America or Oz seemed the only real options. He's not playing on just for the love of the game and he's still a luxury player, so lower leagues are out.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlie Austin on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 4058 viewsenfieldargh

Charlie Austin on 09:47 - Jun 23 by Tonto

What's the problem with flying scorpions?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Charlie Austin on 12:09 - Jun 23 with 4014 viewsozexile

I hope someone's told Austin that they play in the Oz Summer. He was blowing out of his backside playing in 10 degrees Celsius. Imagine him at 40 degrees.
Charlie Austin on 12:19 - Jun 23 with 3969 viewsderbyhoop

Brisbane wouldn't be my choice in Aus. Prefer Adelaide, Melbourne and family in Sydney.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Charlie Austin on 12:45 - Jun 23 with 3884 viewsLblock

Good luck to him.

Fantastic servant to the club.
I’m gutted his return didn’t end in promotion (again) and obviously last season and the ending a little bit sour.

He’ll always have my respect…. But of ribbing about him not being Bolt at the end is fine.

Fair go Charlie mate

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024