Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 07:33 - Jun 24 with 5759 viewsnumptydumpty

Think this guy will be a top player for us this coming season.

Whole hearted player who clearly loves the game.

Come back from two potentially career ending injuries but still young.

Performed well in last part of season when all around him were failing badly and added much needed goals and goal threat from midfield also.

Feel he still goes under the radar and will be a key element to our team if we are to do well.

Like the energy also. Seems happy to be out there and gives 100% every game.

And feel still has potential to improve...

Hope the injuries are avoided now so he can kick on...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Luke Amos on 07:55 - Jun 24 with 4658 viewsenfieldargh

If Luke, Sam Field can keep chronic injury at bay and we see Stef return to his loan form then thats a pretty awesome midfield, plenty of bite and creativity however they will need to be rested from rime to time/suspensions/minor injury then who are the back ups?

Andre Dozzel, Charlie Owens & Faizal Battache seem to be more orthodox midfield players.

The clubs website current list as midfield players
Illias, Chris Willock, George Thomas, Albert & Shodipo although these are attacking midfielders, 10's/wingers. LA, SF & SJ can bite into a tackle and hopefully not give the ball away.

AS for Luke he needs to push on as he was inconsistent last season often being bullied by opposition, think he lacks concentration at times but when he's on song I really rate him.

Giving the ball away has been our biggest problem over the past few seasons, cut that back and who knows.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Luke Amos on 07:59 - Jun 24 with 4631 viewsLblock

All about opinions and not being personal to you but that started my day with a chuckle.

He goes under the radar alright, far too often.
Struggles to tackle a fried egg sandwich
Never seen him dictate a game
Goals return pretty poor

I would concur he had a few good games end of last season but he’s never an 8 out of 10 week to week to week.

Let’s hope you’re right and I’m wrong (again)

Luke “The Animal” Amos for POTY!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luke Amos on 08:17 - Jun 24 with 4565 viewsMatch82

Luke Amos on 07:59 - Jun 24 by Lblock

All about opinions and not being personal to you but that started my day with a chuckle.

Goals return pretty poor

I would concur he had a few good games end of last season but he’s never an 8 out of 10 week to week to week.

Agree it's rare to see him take the game by the scruff of the neck which would be something I'd look for more of but goal return pretty poor is unfair. Got 6 goals last year in 30-odd appearances, a lot of which were sub appearances.

This site, which may or may not be perfect, has him 25th in goals per minute in the entire league, from midfield.

https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/48/stats/season/16391/players/goals_per_90
Luke Amos on 08:28 - Jun 24 with 4513 viewsbosh67

If he can be consistent and Beale can get his concentration levels up in every game he could be a huge asset.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke Amos on 09:04 - Jun 24 with 4371 viewsdmm

Amos is such a confidence player and can too easily become deflated. We need an all action no 8, so if he starts the season well and plays with a smile on his face he can become a key player for us this season.

That said, I'd like to see a decent cover player brought in for Amos.
Luke Amos on 09:14 - Jun 24 with 4326 viewsTW_R

Goals return pretty poor

Amos's goals return was 2nd highest in the squad behind Gray if you look at mins per goal. He's also considerably higher than anyone else in terms of goal conversion rate (40% vs Gray in 2nd place at 29%). But don't let facts get in the way of your negativity.
Luke Amos on 09:35 - Jun 24 with 4211 viewsBklynRanger

One quality I've noticed about Amos is he seems to be one of the calmest players in our squad in front of goal - which has helped a lot with that minutes to goals ratio I think. Some great strikes under pressure, the Reading one being my favourite - so often that would goal would have been no more than an "OOOOOH!" moment. And at least a couple of the ones he's missed have come off the post iirc.

So there is a positive to that apparently placid attitude - just need to see how to get the drive going on a consistent basis.

So we'll be saying this a lot, but will be interesting to see what Bealey can get out of him. I'll also be very interested in what he gets out of Dozzell since he mentioned he knows him as a player from before.
Luke Amos on 09:43 - Jun 24 with 4162 viewsstanistheman

Never really been convinced by him as he has been injured and lacks consistency (probably connected), but his contract expires next summer and I would be looking to extend that in the next few months in case he has a better and more consistent season. I don't think it would take too much to convince him to add another 2 years to his current deal and at worst he is a decent Championship midfielder.

I would also like QPR to try and get Willock to extend his contract before he gets into his last year and our bargaining strength becomes weaker when it comes to selling him. A new contract offer for Sinclair Armstrong (and get him into the team) is something else for the powers in charge to consider before his deal expires next June.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 09:46 - Jun 24 with 4147 viewsjoe90

Agree, Amos was excellent last season.

Scored important goals and clearly has an edge to his game. Just think of the players who couldn't get anywhere near the first team and he's straight in there after a horrific injury.

Interesting stat, he has the highest goal conversion rate in the team. To expand on that - Austin needed 45 shots to score 7 goals. Amos only needed 15 to score 6. Half of those goals were match winners.
Luke Amos on 10:27 - Jun 24 with 4016 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He’s a bit of a mystery to me Luke. He’s got everything in terms of talent - pace, skill, passing, goals loves his mum etc. I do feel MW used to use him tactically a lot of the time so he would often drop in to fill in for other players. This might explain why he seemed inconsistent and dropping in and out of games.

He’s one of those players that you struggle to find comparisons to. I never saw him play but closest QPR player I can think of is Gerry Francis, also Paul Scholes maybe? Obviously hasn’t reached those kinds of levels yet.

I’m really not sure what he’ll do from here but (if he stays injury free) I can’t really see any reason why he can’t improve. Him and whoever coaches him from here on in should be disappointed if he doesn’t.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Luke Amos on 10:28 - Jun 24 with 4015 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amos is a really good player and it's a huge season for him. Fingers crossed he stays injury free, if he does, he needs to be moving to the point of being a nailed on starter while also nailing his exact role in the team.
Hopefully Beale will be the person to help him with that.

Bare bones.

Luke Amos on 10:35 - Jun 24 with 3953 viewsLazyFan

Luke Amos on 09:14 - Jun 24 by TW_R

Amos's goals return was 2nd highest in the squad behind Gray if you look at mins per goal. He's also considerably higher than anyone else in terms of goal conversion rate (40% vs Gray in 2nd place at 29%). But don't let facts get in the way of your negativity.

Yes, you are correct, yet Warbs would sometimes not play him until the end of the season when he was forced to by his great stats and performance.

Amos I thought was great at running in from midfield into the space created by the 3 forwards to score some goals.

zzzzzzzzzz

Luke Amos on 10:35 - Jun 24 with 3956 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Goals return pretty poor

Here is one we disagree on as you well know. I think there is a good player in there that we have not seen consistently as you allude too.

Hopefully he will prove you wrong as I am sure you also hope. I voted your comment up though because although we disagree you made your point without malice and with humour so I didn't really understand a down vote.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 11:27]
Luke Amos on 12:07 - Jun 24 with 3710 viewsderbyhoop

A really good player, who has suffered badly with 2 serious injuries.
His goals 5and conversion ratios) were impressive.
Needs to influence games more than he has shown so far.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Luke Amos on 12:13 - Jun 24 with 3684 viewsheadhoops

he's consistently in consistent yet from chances taken he's streets ahead of anyone else in midfield or up front for that matter. Play him in the same position consistently and I think he will be a real plus this season.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Luke Amos on 12:22 - Jun 24 with 3648 viewsLblock

Luke Amos on 10:35 - Jun 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Here is one we disagree on as you well know. I think there is a good player in there that we have not seen consistently as you allude too.

Hopefully he will prove you wrong as I am sure you also hope. I voted your comment up though because although we disagree you made your point without malice and with humour so I didn't really understand a down vote.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 11:27]

You know nuffink CCJ!!

Oh the votes... my kingdom for a vote!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luke Amos on 12:27 - Jun 24 with 3632 viewsDavieQPR

We need him to play as a box to box midfielder. Whilst there is nothing wrong with him going forward he needs to keep on improving on the defensive side. He should succeed because he seems to show that willingness to improve.
Luke Amos on 12:29 - Jun 24 with 3626 viewsLythamR

Luke reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld girlfriend who looked fantastic one moment and a shocker the next depending on the light.

Key job for Beales and co is to get a consistent level of performance out of him and also Dozell so they can be trusted either to start or from the bench

The required skill levels are there in both players to do well in this division.
Luke Amos on 12:42 - Jun 24 with 3574 viewsTheChef

Luke Amos on 12:29 - Jun 24 by LythamR

Luke reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld girlfriend who looked fantastic one moment and a shocker the next depending on the light.

Key job for Beales and co is to get a consistent level of performance out of him and also Dozell so they can be trusted either to start or from the bench

The required skill levels are there in both players to do well in this division.

Ha well put Lytham!

Yes he's a bit of a curate's egg for me too- I'm never sure what his best position is, he's not consistent enough. But he's one of the few midfielders we have that breaks the lines and gets forward and he shows he has an eye for goal.

Another player I'm hopeful that Beale will improve and get the best out of.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Luke Amos on 13:27 - Jun 24 with 3457 viewsQPRJohnny

Luke Amos on 12:29 - Jun 24 by LythamR

Upvoted for the excellent Sienfled reference. He's a two face (the uninitiated can check youtube)
Luke Amos on 13:36 - Jun 24 with 3383 viewsQPROslo

He wasn't a regular starter last season, and think he may struggle to get a start if/ when we play a back 3 with 2 wing backs. But I guess he could well be included in an attacking 3 in a 4 2 3 1 alongside Chair and Willock for example.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 16:11]
Luke Amos on 13:48 - Jun 24 with 3314 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 13:27 - Jun 24 by QPRJohnny

Upvoted for the excellent Sienfled reference. He's a two face (the uninitiated can check youtube)

Same as that.
Not sure I agree 100%, but made me chuckle!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 15:15 - Jun 24 with 3168 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Luke Amos on 13:48 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Same as that.
Not sure I agree 100%, but made me chuckle!

The interesting thing for me, which can be related to Amos is that with every change of management team comes winners and losers. Those who were out of favour with MW could get a new lease of life and take the opportunity to impress! someone like Bettache maybe or Kelman or Lloyd or Armstrong?

Having all the players at the same training ground will give Beale a great opportunity to asses those U23's and maybe give a lifeline to those that some of us might have written off!

I'm really hoping for a surprise or two this season with certain players getting a new lease of life, fingers crossed anyway.
Luke Amos on 23:13 - Jun 24 with 2873 viewsMyke

I think Amos has the physical ability to be a top player, but a question mark remains over his mental strength. This has been referenced in many guises like he is a 'confidence player', he is 'too easily deflated' etc and these are all valid observations. Add in not one, but two acls and you can see why he would struggle with the psychological aspect of his game. I don't think Warburton helped this situation by dropping him after a really good game (Reading) and using him too sparingly overall. His composure in front of goal has already being mentioned and that is a great asset for an attacking midfielder to have. If we go 4-4-1-1, I can see Amos on the right and Willock on the left with Field/Steph in the centre.
Luke Amos on 08:36 - Jun 25 with 2660 viewsHunterhoop

Luke Amos on 15:15 - Jun 24 by Welsh_Ranger

The interesting thing for me, which can be related to Amos is that with every change of management team comes winners and losers. Those who were out of favour with MW could get a new lease of life and take the opportunity to impress! someone like Bettache maybe or Kelman or Lloyd or Armstrong?

Having all the players at the same training ground will give Beale a great opportunity to asses those U23's and maybe give a lifeline to those that some of us might have written off!

I'm really hoping for a surprise or two this season with certain players getting a new lease of life, fingers crossed anyway.

Very good point.

There’s quite a few unknowns too with Beale and the side in terms of formations and style, which could also impact who gets a chance. And there’s who he makes captain, which might be an indication of the type of team he wants.

In terms of younger players, I’d expect one of Kelman or Armstrong to be on the bench early season if they impress in the coming weeks. And I’ve got a sneaky feeling we might see the return/rebirth of Shodipo. Whether that’s successful or not, I think we’d all have our doubts, but the bloke was starting regularly in this league (and not looking out of place) under JFH about 5 years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024