Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs 18:22 - Jun 24 with 7980 viewsaston_hoop

Just joined West Ham as first team coach

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warbs on 18:26 - Jun 24 with 5274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Surprising.

Wouldn't have thought that Warburton and Moyes shared many tactical traits.
Has Moyes's football changed much of late?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs on 18:29 - Jun 24 with 5225 viewsToast_R

West Ham could do with looking after the football more.
Warbs on 18:32 - Jun 24 with 5203 viewsdmm

Where will Eustace end up now?
Warbs on 18:37 - Jun 24 with 5140 viewsParkRoyalR

Delighted for Warburton and shrewd signing by Moyes imo,

I fear we will seriously miss the level of professionalism Warburton brought to our club, understand he was demanding of the Academy and others, but that is what the club needs,

Spoke to someone who went to breakfast launch of fixtures in C Club for corporate sponsors etc this week and professional was not how he described the set-up and impression he (and maybe our new investor Richard Riley) got,

Lets just say the Blue & White Bar does'nt have a monopoly on poor levels of service.
Warbs on 18:37 - Jun 24 with 5142 viewsDWQPR

I assume that it won't be as a defensive coach?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Warbs on 18:47 - Jun 24 with 5062 viewsRangersw12

Warbs on 18:32 - Jun 24 by dmm

Where will Eustace end up now?

Derby?
Warbs on 19:18 - Jun 24 with 4828 viewsbosh67

Good move for Warbs and I think Eustace may well be in the frame for Derby.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warbs on 21:00 - Jun 24 with 4438 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warbs on 18:26 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Surprising.

Wouldn't have thought that Warburton and Moyes shared many tactical traits.
Has Moyes's football changed much of late?

West Ham have always played decent stuff under Moyes haven't they? Good team to watch.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs on 21:22 - Jun 24 with 4316 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs on 21:00 - Jun 24 by Antti_Heinola

West Ham have always played decent stuff under Moyes haven't they? Good team to watch.

I don't honestly know Antti. Never seen them play under Moyes. I don't watch hardly any premier league these days. The reason I asked was that Moyes football was certainly not about possession when I used to watch his teams.

Sounds like that's changed. Thanks for the info.

Warbs on 21:43 - Jun 24 with 4212 viewsLythamR

Good luck to him, West Ham friend is very pleased at the news
Warbs on 21:51 - Jun 24 with 4178 viewsMyke

This is a very interesting move and I am genuinely pleased for Mark. But just because he has moved up to prem, doesn't mean that we have made a mistake letting him go. We may have of course, the whole Beale experiment ( and that is effectively what it is) may go pear shaped and West Ham may be in top six.
However, I feel very intrigued by the coming season. This time last season, I was quite hopeful of a good season, but this is a different feeling. I just think it had gone a bit stale under Warburton, a bit predictable and clearly other teams felt the same way, hence our tough ending to the season. Top managers like Klopp and Guardiola manage to keep things fresh, without dramatically changing either style or personnel. I know they have unlimited funds, but that is not what I mean. They just appear to keep the players focused and engaged and the opposition guessing the whole time .
With Beale, the risks are obvious and don't need to be spelt out again. But there is (for me anyway) a real sense of... I think REJUVENATION is the word I am looking for, A kind of renaissance that has me really looking forward to the new season.
Blackburn - bring it on!
Warbs on 21:58 - Jun 24 with 4131 viewsMyke

Warbs on 21:22 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't honestly know Antti. Never seen them play under Moyes. I don't watch hardly any premier league these days. The reason I asked was that Moyes football was certainly not about possession when I used to watch his teams.

Sounds like that's changed. Thanks for the info.

There are some really decent teams to watch in the prem Brian, Liverpool and City obviously, but further down, Southampton, Brighton (West Ham as mentioned), Arsenal, Brentford and Villa all play nice football.
Warbs on 22:23 - Jun 24 with 4023 viewsLblock

To be fair there is a lovely line in claret and blue icebox’s available these days

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warbs on 22:55 - Jun 24 with 3935 viewsdavman

Am I alone in finding this just a little bit wierd as it looks like a huge step backwards from being a manager to being in amongst a bunch of other coaches and subservient to Moyes.

Maybe the pressure of the last 20 or so games has got to him and he wants to take more of a backseat role. He's unlikely to get the same level of stick being one of many as opposed to being the main man.

Hopefully, he won't act as a scout for them although clearly we don't have to worry about him recommending our youth team starlets!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warbs on 23:29 - Jun 24 with 3850 viewsLoftgirl

Warbs on 18:29 - Jun 24 by Toast_R

West Ham could do with looking after the football more.

They're human beings.
Warbs on 23:30 - Jun 24 with 3849 viewskensalriser

Maybe he wanted to get back in the game sooner rather than later, who knows when a job he would want will become available, especially if he wants to stay in or around London.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warbs on 00:45 - Jun 25 with 3705 viewsjoolsyp

Warbs on 22:55 - Jun 24 by davman

Am I alone in finding this just a little bit wierd as it looks like a huge step backwards from being a manager to being in amongst a bunch of other coaches and subservient to Moyes.

Maybe the pressure of the last 20 or so games has got to him and he wants to take more of a backseat role. He's unlikely to get the same level of stick being one of many as opposed to being the main man.

Hopefully, he won't act as a scout for them although clearly we don't have to worry about him recommending our youth team starlets!

Wouldn’t surprise me if Moyes now comes in with a cheeky bid for Willock to test Les’s resolve.
Warbs on 01:13 - Jun 25 with 3663 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tbh he's probably best suited to being a coach. His Championship record as a manager is pretty average, and while we all saw the improvements in style of play and player development, ultimately he came up short when we had a chance of the play-offs. Some of his decision-making during his last few months with us was very odd.
Warbs on 02:13 - Jun 25 with 3592 viewsBoston

Warbs on 18:37 - Jun 24 by ParkRoyalR

Delighted for Warburton and shrewd signing by Moyes imo,

I fear we will seriously miss the level of professionalism Warburton brought to our club, understand he was demanding of the Academy and others, but that is what the club needs,

Spoke to someone who went to breakfast launch of fixtures in C Club for corporate sponsors etc this week and professional was not how he described the set-up and impression he (and maybe our new investor Richard Riley) got,

Lets just say the Blue & White Bar does'nt have a monopoly on poor levels of service.

I wonder if the posters who down voted you are sponsors?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warbs on 06:51 - Jun 25 with 3438 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not quite how I’d hoped ‘Warbs in the Premiership 2022/23’ would transpire as late as February this year.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warbs on 07:14 - Jun 25 with 3373 viewseastside_r

No you’re not mate. Although WHU are obviously are club on the up at the moment, to go from being the main man to one of Moyes’ assistants does not seem a massive step up and even his fans on here have stated his track record suggests he has some issues managing upwards.

I’ve always liked Moyes but he can be a bit spikey, so this seems an odd move to me.

I can’t believe that there would be any arrangement for MW to step up automatically should Moyes retire or throw a seven.

Some posters seem a bit blinded by their adoration for Warburton, which I find a bit baffling.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 7:15]
Warbs on 07:26 - Jun 25 with 3332 viewsPunteR

Fairplay to him. Obviously taking a back seat from the limelight but still very much involved with the football. Nice move for him. Gerry Francis did the same didn't he.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warbs on 07:32 - Jun 25 with 3315 viewsdmm

The only way I can understand this move is that he's seen it as a way to get a foot in the door of the Premiership. He'll now have opportunities to mix with people he's not been able to before.

The greasy pole. It's so often about who you know, isn't it?
Warbs on 07:35 - Jun 25 with 3282 viewsLblock

Warbs on 01:13 - Jun 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

Tbh he's probably best suited to being a coach. His Championship record as a manager is pretty average, and while we all saw the improvements in style of play and player development, ultimately he came up short when we had a chance of the play-offs. Some of his decision-making during his last few months with us was very odd.

In complete agreement with this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warbs on 09:24 - Jun 25 with 2991 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No, you're not alone.

I'm also disappointed that a man of his principles would take wages from that bunch of owners.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024