Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul mcartney....80 22:38 - Jun 25 with 4048 viewsqpr_1968

looks younger than some of my 40 year old mates.

good on him.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Paul mcartney....80 on 22:54 - Jun 25 with 3211 viewseghamranger

Has had a bit of work done you know….
Paul mcartney....80 on 23:00 - Jun 25 with 3189 viewsqpr_1968

Paul mcartney....80 on 22:54 - Jun 25 by eghamranger

Has had a bit of work done you know….

so have my mates.

Paul mcartney....80 on 02:25 - Jun 26 with 2973 viewsBoston

Paul mcartney....80 on 23:00 - Jun 25 by qpr_1968

so have my mates.

Yeah but, they probably had a couple of hard days nights.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paul mcartney....80 on 03:32 - Jun 26 with 2956 viewsbob566

Had it taped. Watched it now. Awful. Played the worst Beatles songs imho. Lady Madonna and obladi. How I wanted a day in a life with live and let die. Blackbird was nice.
Paul mcartney....80 on 07:57 - Jun 26 with 2811 viewsDaBurgh

Paul mcartney....80 on 23:00 - Jun 25 by qpr_1968

so have my mates.

Yeah but there's a difference between having a face worked on and having a face worked over.
Paul mcartney....80 on 08:59 - Jun 26 with 2704 viewsbosh67

Paul mcartney....80 on 03:32 - Jun 26 by bob566

Had it taped. Watched it now. Awful. Played the worst Beatles songs imho. Lady Madonna and obladi. How I wanted a day in a life with live and let die. Blackbird was nice.

He is 80! Still plays great bass. His voice betrays him sometimes but he still has the energy. H could use some help with the singing now and perhaps he should get Tony Coburn in as a second guitarist, who sounds more like him than he does to provide the harmonies and a bit of the illusion of his 60s voice? Otherwise, the guy is 80. If I make it to 80 I will probably be dribbling and incontinent *.

* NB: I may still be dribbling and incontinent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paul mcartney....80 on 09:17 - Jun 26 with 2661 viewsfrancisbowles

Paul mcartney....80 on 03:32 - Jun 26 by bob566

I like Lady Madonna, it's Hey Jude that I'm fed up with.
Paul mcartney....80 on 11:08 - Jun 26 with 2528 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Maybe given his back catalogue he could have done more Beatles numbers, but thankfully he didn’t do the frog chorus or that one with Jacko.

At 80 you have to marvel at his ability to carry off a near 3 hour set. Charlie Austin would have been blowing out his asre by the time SPM got to Lady Madonna.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul mcartney....80 on 11:25 - Jun 26 with 2497 viewsdistortR

Paul mcartney....80 on 11:08 - Jun 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Maybe given his back catalogue he could have done more Beatles numbers, but thankfully he didn’t do the frog chorus or that one with Jacko.

At 80 you have to marvel at his ability to carry off a near 3 hour set. Charlie Austin would have been blowing out his asre by the time SPM got to Lady Madonna.

Any musician with a 'sir' before their name is obsolete for a start.....
but then, I can't stand the bloke.
Paul mcartney....80 on 14:05 - Jun 26 with 2311 viewsSonofpugwash

The organisers persuaded him not to do "Back In The USSR"which was on the set list.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Paul mcartney....80 on 14:49 - Jun 26 with 2262 viewsA40Bosh

Paul mcartney....80 on 08:59 - Jun 26 by bosh67

He is 80! Still plays great bass. His voice betrays him sometimes but he still has the energy. H could use some help with the singing now and perhaps he should get Tony Coburn in as a second guitarist, who sounds more like him than he does to provide the harmonies and a bit of the illusion of his 60s voice? Otherwise, the guy is 80. If I make it to 80 I will probably be dribbling and incontinent *.

I think you summed it up mate perfectly.

As a left handed bass player myself I know how hard it is to play bass lines and sing at the same time. The power in his lower vocal octaves have gone and he sounds like an 80 year old man at times, but his level of musicianship across 6 instruments and energy levels for 2hrs 40mins is incredible.

Love him or hate him there is no denying that he is one special talent.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Paul mcartney....80 on 15:49 - Jun 26 with 2181 viewsStanisgod

Paul mcartney....80 on 14:49 - Jun 26 by A40Bosh

I think you summed it up mate perfectly.

As a left handed bass player myself I know how hard it is to play bass lines and sing at the same time. The power in his lower vocal octaves have gone and he sounds like an 80 year old man at times, but his level of musicianship across 6 instruments and energy levels for 2hrs 40mins is incredible.

Love him or hate him there is no denying that he is one special talent.

Says it all. Class always tells, saw Diana Ross last week at 78, still got it but only did an hour and thee quarters, lazy cow.
Im sure Billie Elish or whoever will be filling Glastonbury in 60 years time not.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Paul mcartney....80 on 15:58 - Jun 26 with 2160 viewsswitchingcode

Paul mcartney....80 on 08:59 - Jun 26 by bosh67

Agree I’ve never been his greatest fan but thought he was excellent helped by a superb group of musicians.
Paul mcartney....80 on 16:07 - Jun 26 with 2146 viewsqpr_1968

Paul mcartney....80 on 15:58 - Jun 26 by switchingcode

Agree I’ve never been his greatest fan but thought he was excellent helped by a superb group of musicians.

agree, thought the drummer stole the show, very charismatic.....
where did they get him from.

Paul mcartney....80 on 19:58 - Jun 26 with 2011 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Paul mcartney....80 on 16:07 - Jun 26 by qpr_1968

Deadline day from Nottingham Forest.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 19:59]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paul mcartney....80 on 20:44 - Jun 26 with 1966 viewsA40Bosh

Paul mcartney....80 on 16:07 - Jun 26 by qpr_1968

Abe is 51 and with Macca a long time
Monster drummer but the softest spoken beautiful sole when interviewed

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Paul mcartney....80 on 20:56 - Jun 26 with 1935 viewsqpr_1968

Paul mcartney....80 on 20:44 - Jun 26 by A40Bosh

cheers a40

Paul mcartney....80 on 21:45 - Jun 26 with 1853 viewsdistortR

I don't know, sounds a bit fishy to me.
Paul mcartney....80 on 21:51 - Jun 26 with 1826 viewsA40Bosh

Paul mcartney....80 on 21:45 - Jun 26 by distortR

I don't know, sounds a bit fishy to me.

I was referring to the bottom of his foot that plays the bass drum.
Beautiful

Paul mcartney....80 on 22:04 - Jun 26 with 1805 viewsstowmarketrange

Some people say that I don’t look bad for someone of 80.Then I tell them that I’m only 61.
Paul mcartney....80 on 22:44 - Jun 26 with 1767 viewsMyke

Paul mcartney....80 on 22:04 - Jun 26 by stowmarketrange

Some people say that I don’t look bad for someone of 80.Then I tell them that I’m only 61.

It's when the person providing the 'compliment' feels the need to qualify it at all, that you know you are on the slippery slope. 'He's looking well for...' rather than just 'he's looking well'
Paul mcartney....80 on 22:54 - Jun 26 with 1756 viewsstowmarketrange

Paul mcartney....80 on 22:44 - Jun 26 by Myke

It's when the person providing the 'compliment' feels the need to qualify it at all, that you know you are on the slippery slope. 'He's looking well for...' rather than just 'he's looking well'

I always send my Christmas card early so that people know that I’m still alive.I get less and less cards every year,and that’s another sign you’re getting old,or that the postage rates have gone up again.
Paul mcartney....80 on 00:08 - Jun 27 with 1702 viewsMyke

Paul mcartney....80 on 22:54 - Jun 26 by stowmarketrange

I always send my Christmas card early so that people know that I’m still alive.I get less and less cards every year,and that’s another sign you’re getting old,or that the postage rates have gone up again.

Don't know if it's the same in England, but over here it is traditional to not send out Christmas cards in the calendar year that someone very close to you has died - even if they pass away in January. Anyway, when my mum passed eleven years ago, I didn't send out any cards, and it worked so well that I haven't sent any since.
Paul mcartney....80 on 08:10 - Jun 27 with 1574 viewsTheChef

Dover or Lemon?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Paul mcartney....80 on 10:24 - Jun 27 with 1473 viewsderbyhoop

Just what was needed. An 80 year old whose voice went a long time ago, running through a greatest hits collection from 50 years ago.
Thank heavens the crowd were singing along, as hus voice needed almost the help it could get.

I'm sure they all had fun but Macca, Rod Stewart and Diana Ross should all have quit 20 years ago, to dine out on the memories.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024