Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Much? Car insurance renewal 10:14 - Jun 27 with 3515 viewsRangersDave

Just had my renewal form through.....

Last year £586.61 fully comp

This year £909.09 fully comp

same car, no changes and the car isnt worth what it was!

WTF ?????

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:25 - Jun 27 with 2878 viewsstevec

Another deliberate policy to price us out of our cars.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:38 - Jun 27 with 2845 viewssdm1508

May I ask who you are with? I'm with Quote Me Happy and luckily I haven't had to use them for anything but last year was £480 and this year £311
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:41 - Jun 27 with 2832 viewsJuzzie

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:25 - Jun 27 by stevec

Another deliberate policy to price us out of our cars.

That just puts thousands of people in the insurance business, and the business itself, in jeopardy. Why would they deliberately do that to themselves?
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:47 - Jun 27 with 2792 viewsRangersDave

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:38 - Jun 27 by sdm1508

May I ask who you are with? I'm with Quote Me Happy and luckily I haven't had to use them for anything but last year was £480 and this year £311

Hiya,

I have been, up until 5 mins ago a 9yrs co op eco insurance customer.

Got better cover, breakdown, loan car etc and other small, but nice perks from a 5 star defacto insurance company on the meerkat sight.

Co op, said in a conversation i got eventually with a real person that they couldnt move from that £909 squid.

I expected the insurance to go up, and my new insurance did that by £8.00

Feck this world!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 2732 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mine just went up from £295 to about £320. I think car insurance went down during the pandemic because no-one was driving so there were very few claims. Did they give you a reason for such a big increase? Doesn’t sound right.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 11:13 - Jun 27 with 2655 viewsjeffranger

I’m with the AA & fully comp £311 & was £414 last year
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 11:28]
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 11:55 - Jun 27 with 2529 viewsRs_Holy

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 11:13 - Jun 27 by jeffranger

I’m with the AA & fully comp £311 & was £414 last year
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 11:28]

yep mines gone from £254 to £211 this year.... very strange?
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 12:11 - Jun 27 with 2490 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 11:55 - Jun 27 by Rs_Holy

yep mines gone from £254 to £211 this year.... very strange?

My workplace insurance has gone down by about a third this year. However it’s no longer underwritten by Allianz. It’s now underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. A Brexit benefit at last?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 12:18 - Jun 27 with 2461 viewskensalriser

Most motor insurers will target a certain sector of the market and price competitively in that sector. If for any reason you fall out of their target sector you'll get the sort of quote a plumber gives when they don't want a job. No point getting outraged, you just do what you've done - switch insurers.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 15:41]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 12:19 - Jun 27 with 2458 viewskensalriser

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:41 - Jun 27 by Juzzie

That just puts thousands of people in the insurance business, and the business itself, in jeopardy. Why would they deliberately do that to themselves?

They wouldn't of course, Steve is just making sure he hits his weekly quota of idiotic comments.

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 13:28 - Jun 27 with 2276 viewsenfieldargh

my insrance quote with Aviva for 3 cars(me, Mrs, daughter) went down £30. £1780

Tts been my daughters premium which has thrown a spanner in the works but shes a year older and it made a huge difference.

Just insured all 3 for £1200 ish but thru 3 different insurers but what a complete pain in the Arsenal doing it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 13:48 - Jun 27 with 2202 viewsstevec

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 12:19 - Jun 27 by kensalriser

They wouldn't of course, Steve is just making sure he hits his weekly quota of idiotic comments.

Who told you about that?!

New green world agenda;
Get us out of our petrol/diesel driven cars.

How to do it;
Force petrol prices up. The idea Russia is impacting this is total rubbish, plenty of oil about, opec could right this tomorrow but they don’t. Why?

Force other car costs up. Car tax, insurance. Bring these peripherals down for electric cars.

Tax: increase gas, electricity and food cost, it’ll never come back to what it was, it’s the new way governments get their tax in.

Result: A cleaner world where we all get to live a longer life in abject poverty.

You heard it here first. And that’s my quota for this week.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 13:57 - Jun 27 with 2179 viewsRangersw12

They basically don't want to insure you anymore due to the risk so have priced themselves out of the market
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:00 - Jun 27 with 2174 viewsstowmarketrange

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 13:48 - Jun 27 by stevec

New green world agenda;

How to do it;
Force petrol prices up. The idea Russia is impacting this is total rubbish, plenty of oil about, opec could right this tomorrow but they don’t. Why?

Force other car costs up. Car tax, insurance. Bring these peripherals down for electric cars.

Tax: increase gas, electricity and food cost, it’ll never come back to what it was, it’s the new way governments get their tax in.

Result: A cleaner world where we all get to live a longer life in abject poverty.

But what happens when they’ve got us all driving electric cars?They’ll have to generate the same revenue as they do now so expect your car tax to shoot up for all cars.And where will all the extra electricity come from?
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:06 - Jun 27 with 2157 viewsLythamR

New green world agenda;

How to do it;

"plenty of oil about, opec could right this tomorrow but they don’t. Why?"

Because the oil producers are intent on getting the best return possible from a finite resource without destroying the economies that drives the demand, its a tricky balancing act
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:42 - Jun 27 with 2082 viewsJuzzie

My car insurance stayed pretty much the same this year, around £330. But then I'm an old (sort of) git and just drive a boring Astra Estate.

You could try 1st Central.

p.s. I never go by the renewal price, each year I always use one of the comparison sites or even contact my present insurer first and say "my policy is up for renewal, what's the best price they can give me before I go on a comparison site". That usually helps as quite often people just let their policy auto-renew without realising it's shot up.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:42 - Jun 27 with 2080 viewsPinnerPaul

Obvious answer is tell them you are leaving and ask them to requote to persuade you otherwise.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:48 - Jun 27 with 2050 viewsBoston

Putting on my crash helmet now but...I pay insurances in the US and GB, I've always thought the British rates to be quite reasonable.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 14:50]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 15:06 - Jun 27 with 1990 viewsJuzzie

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:48 - Jun 27 by Boston

Putting on my crash helmet now but...I pay insurances in the US and GB, I've always thought the British rates to be quite reasonable.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 14:50]

that's only 'cos the US is an absolute clusterfuk when it comes to fleecing it's population.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 15:42 - Jun 27 with 1916 viewsessextaxiboy

Renewed today at 147.09 with Beam from the AA .

Although thats in Mrs Taxiboys old Ford Fusion 1.4 Diesel .

61 yrs old... 10+ Yrs NCD...through Compare The Market
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 15:43 - Jun 27 with 1903 viewskensalriser

New green world agenda;

How to do it;

You've certainly excelled yourself there with idiocy. Need any tin foil?

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 15:52 - Jun 27 with 1895 viewsWokingR

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 14:42 - Jun 27 by PinnerPaul

Obvious answer is tell them you are leaving and ask them to requote to persuade you otherwise.

That doesn't work anymore
There have been new 'pricing' rules applied to the insurance industry which ban dual pricing, They can no longer invite renewal at one price while offering new customers something cheaper.
It is for this reason, combined with some offering covid related discounts last year which have now disappeared, that prices are all over the place at the moment.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 15:55 - Jun 27 with 1883 viewsLongsufferingR

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 10:38 - Jun 27 by sdm1508

Same here. Last year moved to QMH for £360 for two cars fully comp, and this year they only wanted £300! Always do a price comparison and you can save loads.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 16:06 - Jun 27 with 1838 viewsPinnerPaul

How Much? Car insurance renewal on 15:52 - Jun 27 by WokingR

That doesn't work anymore
There have been new 'pricing' rules applied to the insurance industry which ban dual pricing, They can no longer invite renewal at one price while offering new customers something cheaper.
It is for this reason, combined with some offering covid related discounts last year which have now disappeared, that prices are all over the place at the moment.

Used to happen to me every year.

I am with the AA and every year without fail the premium used to be quoted as £50 - £100 higher than the previous year and every year without fail they used to reduce it to a nominal increase year on year, when I rang up to query.

After a few years, I got bored with this, so asked why this was the case and they told me that the 'computer' based the new premium on the previous year's quoted premium as opposed to the premium I actually paid!

The last few years the increases have been 'normal' so I suspect what you say is the reason.
How Much? Car insurance renewal on 16:36 - Jun 27 with 1790 viewsterryb

I don't think I've paid more than £200 for fully comprehensive since 2007, when I downgraded from a Mazda 6 to a Mazda 2. I've probably had to change insurers every two years, which is annoying but is very easy to do.

My house insurance is nearly due & I've been quoted a 15% increase. I will be going with the quote that is over 15% lower than I paid last year.

It always to get quotes from other companies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024