Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group 10:02 - Jul 9 with 2758 viewsHoopstar

See that Stef will be keeping the armband this year but Micky B views this as symbolic for the fans and wants a leadership group of 4 or 5 equally capable of leading. Seems the right call even with Stefs on off form last season and he won't get through 50 games this year.

Who sits in the leadership group do we reckon?

Dunne seems a given and a bit of a natural leader who stands up - bar that Sheff Utd home game.

Chair- for sheer love of the club and likely ever present?

Adomah even though unlikely to play too much?

Dieng is a nice loud keeper and experienced now?

Dickie ability wise and to bring him out of himself at times?

Not sure any of the forwards really hit the bill?

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:13 - Jul 9 with 2663 viewspaulhoop2

How do you no this ??

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:21 - Jul 9 with 2615 viewsHoopstar

On West London Sport.

I have zilch insider knowledge.
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:34 - Jul 9 with 2573 viewsDannytheR

Interesting stuff, less so for the captaincy issue itself than MB's references to "if Stef's playing" and "the big thing for Stef is that he's got to make sure he plays." Won't have been said accidentally.

Also notable that he's drawing a line between the traditional "captain, leader, legend" type that acts the role on the pitch and a modern way of doing things behind the scenes, with a group of players being given responsibility.

Also, it's a pure hunch but I wonder if we're going to see a bit less of Dunne for a while. If we go with a 2 at the back, can't see it not being Dickie and Clarke-Salter.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 10:34]
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:37 - Jul 9 with 2555 viewsHunterhoop

I think the opposite. I think we might see Dunne as the on field captain a lot of the time. He’s featured heavily in pre-season and the kit launch yesterday. Makes me think he’s part of the leadership group.
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:45 - Jul 9 with 2524 viewsDannytheR

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:37 - Jul 9 by Hunterhoop

I think the opposite. I think we might see Dunne as the on field captain a lot of the time. He’s featured heavily in pre-season and the kit launch yesterday. Makes me think he’s part of the leadership group.

You might be right. I just think if we go with a 2, which seems likely, then I'd be surprised if it wasn't Dickie and Clarke-Salter as first choice. But over a season, between inuries and suspensions, a third choice CB is still going to end up seeing a lot of football.

(Also Albert gets his picture taken by the club a lot too and he surely won't be a regular starter!)
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:52 - Jul 9 with 2484 viewsPunteR

Stef has the experience, he reads the game well and a very good player. Plus he plays in an area of the park that can influence the whole team.
I do think Dunne is a more natural leader though. He kinda reminds me of Macca. That attitude of if you wanna f@ck with QPR you have to come through me first sort of vibe.
Which i like. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:55 - Jul 9 with 2474 viewsHoopstar

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 10:52 - Jul 9 by PunteR

Stef has the experience, he reads the game well and a very good player. Plus he plays in an area of the park that can influence the whole team.
I do think Dunne is a more natural leader though. He kinda reminds me of Macca. That attitude of if you wanna f@ck with QPR you have to come through me first sort of vibe.
Which i like. :)

With you on this. He is pretty much my favourite player now - the type of player I always wanted to be as a kid but was too short post u11s footy!
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 11:44 - Jul 9 with 2313 viewsDavieQPR

Leadership is not only on the pitch. Dieng is fairly quiet off the pitch and had to be reassured that he had done alright at kit launch. Dickie and Chair are also fairly quiet. Johansen, maybe Archer and look at how Uncle took over the kit launch. Field or Amos are quite articulate as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 11:49 - Jul 9 with 2290 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think Chair is already very much a leader in the squad. Loved his attitude on the launch last night. Fire in those eyes, ice in those veins, glory in those boots.
And you can quote me on that.

Bare bones.

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 11:56 - Jul 9 with 2263 viewsDannytheR

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 11:44 - Jul 9 by DavieQPR

Leadership is not only on the pitch. Dieng is fairly quiet off the pitch and had to be reassured that he had done alright at kit launch. Dickie and Chair are also fairly quiet. Johansen, maybe Archer and look at how Uncle took over the kit launch. Field or Amos are quite articulate as well.

Amos is an interesting shout. Still gets scapegoated for being too "nice" but to be 25 and have already had to come back from two cruciate ligaments is the sign of pretty notable mental strength.
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 12:13 - Jul 9 with 2209 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR’s natural born leaders
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 13:22 - Jul 9 with 2073 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Paal Pot - should keep them in line and will work well with Mao Tse Dieng.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 14:01 - Jul 9 with 1964 viewsDannyPaddox

Another leader at the back … Mao Tse Dunne.
Stef staying on as captain - core leadership group on 14:16 - Jul 9 with 1917 viewsjohann28

How influential is a captain?

What are the defining characteristics of a 'good captain'?

Who was our best captain?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024