Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to buy tickets on the website 23:11 - Aug 15 with 3837 viewsGloryHunter

It's just not possible, is it?

Have not renewed my ST in Upper Loft, for reasons previously explained (ie can't see the action at the other end of the pitch because of the too-bright LED perimeter advertising hoardings).

Therefore trying to buy two seats for Rotherham in SAR on the website. But after I prove I'm not a robot, and clicking on one seat, it won't let me click on another one. It just won't. And the two minute countdown logs me out, over and over again.

So it's 25 minutes on the phone, listening to Ilias and Uncle over and over again, until I get to speak to the always always excellent Connor, who sorts me out. But Connor can't explain why I couldn't buy two together on the website, and he thought the countdown period was 30 minutes, not 2 minutes.

As Clive has previously ranted, we are trying to support our team, and we are TRYING TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY!!!
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 23:24 - Aug 15 with 3785 viewsBoston

Last Saturday I bought four tickets for Rotherham. First attempt, I was successful - until at they end they said something had gone wrong and I should go again, course, ran out of time. Second try went smoothly, though had to move back a good few rows 'cause some tosser had come in a purchased a single right in the middle of the four I wanted!

Oh yeah, had that 'can't buy seats together nonsense before'....don't click on that option when you go on, just pick the seats you want from the diagram.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2022 23:26]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 08:42 - Aug 16 with 3586 viewsenfieldargh

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 23:24 - Aug 15 by Boston

Last Saturday I bought four tickets for Rotherham. First attempt, I was successful - until at they end they said something had gone wrong and I should go again, course, ran out of time. Second try went smoothly, though had to move back a good few rows 'cause some tosser had come in a purchased a single right in the middle of the four I wanted!

Oh yeah, had that 'can't buy seats together nonsense before'....don't click on that option when you go on, just pick the seats you want from the diagram.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2022 23:26]

when you get to the payment part a bubble says you have 5 mins to complete, countdown starts at one minute 30 seconds.
THe OTP element of paying sometimes freezes on my laptop and gets timed out.

When you firstget on the ticket site there is a box in the topish left side that asks you how many you want(choose your ticket preferences) I only recently noticed this as have had to buy 2 seats Friday and a further 2 on Saturday.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 08:50 - Aug 16 with 3562 viewsToast_R

I've given up on it. For over a year now the site rejects my payment cards no matter which card I've used. Reported this twice and its never been resolved.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:29 - Aug 16 with 3471 viewsDavieQPR

Doesn't matter whose forum you go on any team with a computer system has major problems. They have all put in a system either not ready or up to the job. Costing teams money.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 15:20 - Aug 16 with 3356 viewsBoston

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 08:42 - Aug 16 by enfieldargh

when you get to the payment part a bubble says you have 5 mins to complete, countdown starts at one minute 30 seconds.
THe OTP element of paying sometimes freezes on my laptop and gets timed out.

When you firstget on the ticket site there is a box in the topish left side that asks you how many you want(choose your ticket preferences) I only recently noticed this as have had to buy 2 seats Friday and a further 2 on Saturday.

The box, where you click re number of tickets - I believe that's an issue. It will say 'none available', but go into the diagram and click on the individual seats you want and you'll get them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:38 - Aug 18 with 3202 viewsGloryHunter

I don't think that's the problem. The little box wouldn't allow me to click two tickets - only ever one.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:16 - Aug 18 with 3160 viewsdaveB

I'm hoping to take my daughter to her first game at the weekend. and the wife.
30 minutes yesterday to buy a ticket, 10 today before i gave up still no ticket

Process was as follows
Click on tickets, they check if I'm a robot, I'm not so i get an error message telling me to log in

I log in and select 2 tickets for the lower loft, I choose the option 1 adult & 1 junior £18. This gives me one seat. I select a second seat and am charged £36. No matter how I did it I couldn't get the £18 deal

Ahh I thought this is clearly a bug so will try and trick it so did the 1 junior & Adult for £18 and did an under 8 for free for the second. Failure again as need a 30 quid ticket to get an under 8 freebie

OK maybe the site is clever and I'll just do an adult and a junior ticket and they will just automatically give me the £18 deal at the checkout, like when i order a pizza and the website just gives me the cheapest deal, no you fool thats £45 for the 2 tickets to see us play Rotherham.

OK plan D, use my dads senior ticket for the wife as he can't go and just buy a £15 junior ticket. No you can't do that as you need an adult to go with the junior so another 30 quid please.

It was at that point I gave up and tried to ring them, after being on hold for 12 minutes I thought life is too short for this.
I'll try and get one on the day now or just not bother
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:22 - Aug 18 with 3151 viewsstowmarketrange

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:16 - Aug 18 by daveB

I'm hoping to take my daughter to her first game at the weekend. and the wife.
30 minutes yesterday to buy a ticket, 10 today before i gave up still no ticket

Process was as follows
Click on tickets, they check if I'm a robot, I'm not so i get an error message telling me to log in

I log in and select 2 tickets for the lower loft, I choose the option 1 adult & 1 junior £18. This gives me one seat. I select a second seat and am charged £36. No matter how I did it I couldn't get the £18 deal

Ahh I thought this is clearly a bug so will try and trick it so did the 1 junior & Adult for £18 and did an under 8 for free for the second. Failure again as need a 30 quid ticket to get an under 8 freebie

OK maybe the site is clever and I'll just do an adult and a junior ticket and they will just automatically give me the £18 deal at the checkout, like when i order a pizza and the website just gives me the cheapest deal, no you fool thats £45 for the 2 tickets to see us play Rotherham.

OK plan D, use my dads senior ticket for the wife as he can't go and just buy a £15 junior ticket. No you can't do that as you need an adult to go with the junior so another 30 quid please.

It was at that point I gave up and tried to ring them, after being on hold for 12 minutes I thought life is too short for this.
I'll try and get one on the day now or just not bother

I think it is £18 for each ticket.It wouldn’t be cost effective to have a season ticket at £470+ for an adult and £99 for an U18 if you could buy 2 tickets for a game for £18.
Login to get fewer ads

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:35 - Aug 18 with 3126 viewsdaveB

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:22 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

I think it is £18 for each ticket.It wouldn’t be cost effective to have a season ticket at £470+ for an adult and £99 for an U18 if you could buy 2 tickets for a game for £18.

your probably right but why is it put as a package then? if it says 1 adult and 1 junior for £18 you'd think that the £18 is for the 1 adult and 1 junior. Wouldn't it make more sense if it said £36 for that option.

It's probably me but i found it all so confusing
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:43 - Aug 18 with 3108 viewsMick_S

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:35 - Aug 18 by daveB

your probably right but why is it put as a package then? if it says 1 adult and 1 junior for £18 you'd think that the £18 is for the 1 adult and 1 junior. Wouldn't it make more sense if it said £36 for that option.

It’s not you Dave. It is genuinely beyond appalling; why don’t they just fix it ffs?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:59 - Aug 18 with 3080 viewsstowmarketrange

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:35 - Aug 18 by daveB

I only know because I tried to do the same last season for one game that I needed extra tickets for.I didn’t bother getting them in the end.
You could always try the Twickets website as it’s less confusing than ours.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 12:02 - Aug 18 with 3079 viewsToast_R

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:43 - Aug 18 by Mick_S

It’s not you Dave. It is genuinely beyond appalling; why don’t they just fix it ffs?

My understanding is the software issues need to be referred to the software provider and usually once said provider has sold the licence to their customer, they get totally lame on support issues and probably charge a ridiculous amount. My complaint was referred on in September 2021 and I've never had any feedback or resolution since.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 12:39 - Aug 18 with 3035 viewsdaveB

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 11:59 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

I only know because I tried to do the same last season for one game that I needed extra tickets for.I didn’t bother getting them in the end.
You could always try the Twickets website as it’s less confusing than ours.

Thanks mate, you were right is £18 each rather than a package. There are about 16 different options for tickets in the lower loft, so overly complicated
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 17:56 - Aug 18 with 2948 viewsPinnerPaul

Just another thumbs up for the 'groundstaff' as it were.

My old gits non digital ST card didn't arrive for in time for games 1 and 2, each time my email very promptly answered & a ticket dispatched.

Still no card as of yesterday, emailed again, received apology and tickets for Rotherham and Hull within 10 minutes by email - great service.

And of course 10 minutes later the card plopped through the letter box, although I still can't use it because the tickets have been issued!

Nonsense system, why I couldn't use last years card I really don't know, but that's not the fault of the excellent staff dealing with it all.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 22:11 - Aug 18 with 2867 viewsstowmarketrange

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 17:56 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

Just another thumbs up for the 'groundstaff' as it were.

My old gits non digital ST card didn't arrive for in time for games 1 and 2, each time my email very promptly answered & a ticket dispatched.

Still no card as of yesterday, emailed again, received apology and tickets for Rotherham and Hull within 10 minutes by email - great service.

And of course 10 minutes later the card plopped through the letter box, although I still can't use it because the tickets have been issued!

Nonsense system, why I couldn't use last years card I really don't know, but that's not the fault of the excellent staff dealing with it all.

They gave me paper tickets for the first 3 games as I told them that the card wasn’t working at the Middlesbrough game.I don’t know if it was or not but I popped in to get my sunderland ticket and I didn’t want to join the queue again at 2.50pm if it wasn’t working.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 3:54]
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 06:42 - Aug 19 with 2752 viewsSharpediver

Trying to buy tickets on my phone is just impossible. After clicking 'Complete Purchase' it directs me to security verification via app or OTP. So I do that and soon as I click back to ticket site, to see if payment has been accepted, it just returns to ticket home page, so back to square 1. The only way to bypass this is through laptop with phone handy to do security verification separately.

How can buying tickets be so difficult?
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 2642 viewsthame_hoops

Buy on twickets. Safe, secure and quick, also a fraction of the cost
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:35 - Aug 19 with 2629 viewsdaveB

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 06:42 - Aug 19 by Sharpediver

Trying to buy tickets on my phone is just impossible. After clicking 'Complete Purchase' it directs me to security verification via app or OTP. So I do that and soon as I click back to ticket site, to see if payment has been accepted, it just returns to ticket home page, so back to square 1. The only way to bypass this is through laptop with phone handy to do security verification separately.

How can buying tickets be so difficult?

yeah you need your phone now at the end, you get 2 minutes to recieve a passcode from your bank and enter it on the site. It's more stressful than the game
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:41 - Aug 19 with 2619 viewsGloryHunter

Most annoying thing is, having wasted 25 minutes trying to buy tickets on the website, you call the ticket office and wait another 25 minutes on the phone, all the while being told, "Did you know, you can buy tickets online at www.qpr.co.uk ?"
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:44 - Aug 19 with 2616 viewsStanFan

I bought 2 tickets for the Huddersfield game yesterday. TBH it's not great but I didn't have anything like the trouble reported here. I did it on a laptop but I can see that it would be a disaster trying to do it on your mobile if it's the same site.

I find the whole thing about linked accounts confusing. Why can't we just have a single account for website, tickets and club shop?

And picking the seats was messy - it needed quite a few clicks to get it to work.

But I have the tickets and it didn't take a stupid amount of time.
Trying to buy tickets on the website on 12:23 - Aug 20 with 2471 viewsPinnerPaul

Trying to buy tickets on the website on 10:35 - Aug 19 by daveB

yeah you need your phone now at the end, you get 2 minutes to recieve a passcode from your bank and enter it on the site. It's more stressful than the game

That's down to the bank though - never been asked to that myself on the offy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024