Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Warburton still available? 21:56 - Aug 16 with 5212 viewsthompsonridd

Awful defensive performance
Is Warburton still available? on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 4437 viewsdubaistu

We leaked them under him as well. Same old story, nobody to put them away.
Is Warburton still available? on 22:07 - Aug 16 with 4348 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I don’t think the issue was the Defence at all. We looked like a team completely devoid of ideas. We struggled to get the ball forward with any pace unlike Blackpool.
I couldn’t see any evidence that we were playing to a style or system which I’m shocked at bearing in mind Beale’s reputation as a great coach. Roberts combined well with Laird a few times and Armstrong did well when he came on other than that it was a very concerning performance. Paal looked bang average. Johansen’s position in the starting team must increasingly be in question. And what I think of Dykes is not printable. This team messes with my head.
Is Warburton still available? on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 4262 viewsSK_hoops

Yeah let's write the manager off after four games. Jesus, give him a chance!
Is Warburton still available? on 22:23 - Aug 16 with 4196 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is Warburton still available? on 22:07 - Aug 16 by Beckenhamhoop

I don’t think the issue was the Defence at all. We looked like a team completely devoid of ideas. We struggled to get the ball forward with any pace unlike Blackpool.
I couldn’t see any evidence that we were playing to a style or system which I’m shocked at bearing in mind Beale’s reputation as a great coach. Roberts combined well with Laird a few times and Armstrong did well when he came on other than that it was a very concerning performance. Paal looked bang average. Johansen’s position in the starting team must increasingly be in question. And what I think of Dykes is not printable. This team messes with my head.

Sorry but our defence was an issue. Not the only issue but an issue nonetheless. It looked a little disjointed (like much of the team) and Blackpool had a lot of joy down the flanks in the first half, particularly on Paal's side. Conversely Blackpool were very well organised and their defence was rock solid.

I agree that Johansen was poor. If Richards were fit his place in the team would be in jeopardy. As for Dykes, the situation where he thought he was offside was unforgivable. Put the ball in the back of the net and let the referee do his job.

As for Warburton, the defence were a mess under his stewardship, conceding over 70 goals in a season. Beale needs a sporting chance to get players fit and work with the team to eradicate its defensive deficiencies.
Is Warburton still available? on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 4153 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Is Warburton still available? on 22:23 - Aug 16 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry but our defence was an issue. Not the only issue but an issue nonetheless. It looked a little disjointed (like much of the team) and Blackpool had a lot of joy down the flanks in the first half, particularly on Paal's side. Conversely Blackpool were very well organised and their defence was rock solid.

I agree that Johansen was poor. If Richards were fit his place in the team would be in jeopardy. As for Dykes, the situation where he thought he was offside was unforgivable. Put the ball in the back of the net and let the referee do his job.

As for Warburton, the defence were a mess under his stewardship, conceding over 70 goals in a season. Beale needs a sporting chance to get players fit and work with the team to eradicate its defensive deficiencies.

I agree We were getting overloaded down our left numerous times. Blackpool played to the one strength in their team;Bowler. That’s not an issue with our Defence that’s an issue with coaching and a team adapting to what’s going on on the pitch. You can’t blame the back four for an issue down one flank.
Is Warburton still available? on 22:43 - Aug 16 with 4041 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is Warburton still available? on 22:32 - Aug 16 by Beckenhamhoop

I agree We were getting overloaded down our left numerous times. Blackpool played to the one strength in their team;Bowler. That’s not an issue with our Defence that’s an issue with coaching and a team adapting to what’s going on on the pitch. You can’t blame the back four for an issue down one flank.

It's an issue with both the midfield (which has been underwhelming for some time) and the defence (which lacks the wherewithal to read play and adapt to transitions). For Blackpool's goal the defence were all over the place. Too many players tried to rush Bowler at once which meant that when the ball rebounded, Bowler had space to pick his spot.

That being said, for me the key weaknesses IMHO are central midfield and the lack of a genuine goal scorer. With full backs pushing on it's important our midfield have the ability to break the lines. When possession is lost cheaply and full backs are pushed on the defence is then vulnerable to the counter attack. There were quite a few times tonight it was desperately back peddling. Unfortunately at the end of the first half it was one time too many.
Is Warburton still available? on 23:38 - Aug 16 with 3908 viewskensalriser

The really bad news is that there at least a dozen teams better than 'pool in this division and if we play like this against them we'll be losing by more than the odd goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is Warburton still available? on 00:04 - Aug 17 with 3838 viewsconnell10

Blackpool look good because we didn't put any pressure on them , we effectively gave them the game with our inept football.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Warburton still available? on 09:34 - Aug 17 with 3605 viewswombat

Is Warburton still available? on 00:04 - Aug 17 by connell10

Blackpool look good because we didn't put any pressure on them , we effectively gave them the game with our inept football.

soon as we did get in there faces the balckpool back four looked sunday league , issue is we didnt do it as much as we could have
dykes was on his own no amos closing space down, chair to deep johanson to deep they made errors we didnt capitlise on and it cost us , thought blakcpool were pretty average to be honest if willock had played we would have more space to exploit and hopefully score from.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is Warburton still available? on 10:12 - Aug 17 with 3547 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Paal, just back from injury and took a knock in the first half, really struggled to play against a left footer who always wants to come inside. I said at ht it might be better to bring on right footed Kakay to mark Bowler.
Is Warburton still available? on 12:06 - Aug 17 with 3483 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Is Warburton still available? on 22:14 - Aug 16 by SK_hoops

Think a wise man (on here) once said if this wasn't to go well in the first 6 games it could get very nasty, very quickly. Not that I personally think it should by the way, it probably will though unfortunately.
Is Warburton still available? on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 3443 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is Warburton still available? on 12:06 - Aug 17 by Silverfoxqpr

Think a wise man (on here) once said if this wasn't to go well in the first 6 games it could get very nasty, very quickly. Not that I personally think it should by the way, it probably will though unfortunately.

A good win on Saturday will calm everybody down.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is Warburton still available? on 12:22 - Aug 17 with 3399 viewsdaveB

for a bit of context his record after 5 games is the same as Warbs when he first joined, although we did win on penalties under Warbs

Warbs
Stoke won 2-1
Huddersfield Drew 1-1
bristol City cup - drew 3-3
Bristol City league - Lost 2-0
Swansea - Lost 3-1

Points - 4

Beale
Blackburn Lost 1-0
Boro - Won 3-2
Charlton Drew 1-1
Sunderland - Drew 2-2
Blackpool - Lost 1-0

Points 4
Is Warburton still available? on 16:19 - Aug 17 with 3221 viewsPinnerPaul

Apart from one VERY dicey moment before they scored, and when we were chasing the game, thought the defence looked fine.

They (About 5 players round him) did block JB's 1st shot, chances are the ball should fall to one of our 5 players, it fell back to him.

That's just football and certainly nothing to do with any manager!
Is Warburton still available? on 16:20 - Aug 17 with 3211 viewsPinnerPaul

Spoilsport, if we get rid him now - we could get in another 10 or so managers if we give them all 4 games!
Is Warburton still available? on 16:25 - Aug 17 with 3182 viewsDejR_vu

The deed having been done, MB should be last in the firing line.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is Warburton still available? on 19:21 - Aug 17 with 3003 viewsbosh67

I really hope Beale succeeds so that a lot of fans can suck eggs, through their rectums.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is Warburton still available? on 19:55 - Aug 17 with 2964 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is Warburton still available? on 16:19 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

Apart from one VERY dicey moment before they scored, and when we were chasing the game, thought the defence looked fine.

They (About 5 players round him) did block JB's 1st shot, chances are the ball should fall to one of our 5 players, it fell back to him.

5 defenders shouldn't be all rushing to the same forward; that shows a lack of organisation and communication.
Is Warburton still available? on 19:57 - Aug 17 with 2954 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is Warburton still available? on 00:04 - Aug 17 by connell10

Blackpool were solid and tidy but yes QPR made them look better than they really are.
Is Warburton still available? on 19:58 - Aug 17 with 2943 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is Warburton still available? on 23:38 - Aug 16 by kensalriser

The really bad news is that there at least a dozen teams better than 'pool in this division and if we play like this against them we'll be losing by more than the odd goal.

QPR have a habit of beating the better teams and losing to the weaker ones.
Is Warburton still available? on 15:03 - Aug 18 with 2725 viewsPinnerPaul

Is Warburton still available? on 19:55 - Aug 17 by Benny_the_Ball

5 defenders shouldn't be all rushing to the same forward; that shows a lack of organisation and communication.

and if Dykes hadn't bothered, I wonder what the reaction would have been?
Is Warburton still available? on 16:58 - Aug 18 with 2581 viewsfrancisbowles

Is Warburton still available? on 19:55 - Aug 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Crowding out, exactly what Blackpool and other teams have done to Dykes on a number of occasions.
Is Warburton still available? on 02:48 - Aug 19 with 2377 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is Warburton still available? on 15:03 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

and if Dykes hadn't bothered, I wonder what the reaction would have been?

TBPH I don't understand your point as we were talking about the defence when Bowler scored. I reiterate; when 5 defenders are desperately rushing 1 player at the same time; that's a lack of organisation and communication.

Dykes' job is to score goals. He had 3 decent chances and fluffed them all. But that's another story. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roberts drafted in on Saturday.
Is Warburton still available? on 08:08 - Aug 19 with 2266 viewsParkRoyalR

Is Warburton still available? on 02:48 - Aug 19 by Benny_the_Ball

TBPH I don't understand your point as we were talking about the defence when Bowler scored. I reiterate; when 5 defenders are desperately rushing 1 player at the same time; that's a lack of organisation and communication.

Dykes' job is to score goals. He had 3 decent chances and fluffed them all. But that's another story. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roberts drafted in on Saturday.

To put in context, you could also argue Sinclair's job is to score goals and he had 3 decent chances and fluffed them all.

Obviously raw pace excites the fans as with BOS but like all, hope Sinclair has more end product than BOS who was erratic 90 percent of the time.
Is Warburton still available? on 08:35 - Aug 19 with 2204 viewsR_from_afar

Is Warburton still available? on 16:19 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

"That's just football and certainly nothing to do with any manager!"

Surely Evil Les and the entire board are also to blame?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024