Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Venting My Spleen 22:16 - Aug 16 with 10257 viewsDWQPR

Totally wasted my evening tonight watching that clueless lot in particular Johansen who totally stopped us playing in the first half by completing a one man press on our own defence. I cannot for the life of me think that Beale intended that but for nigh on 45 minutes we were back to the pedestrian passing around the defence whilst half the team stood around wondering if the ball would ever reach the half way line. Then we have Dykes. Now I’ve tried to be patient with him but he should have had two goals with his eyes shut tonight and on top of that his movement and anticipation is non existent. Paal doesn’t seem to be much of an improvement on Niko and Dozzell is a ghost. We are lacking in so many areas and to me this recruitment team seem to have many more misses than hits. How nobody had the nouse to get Josh Bowler back, who obviously would have been well within our budget is beyond me. The only shining light this evening was Armstrong. And as for Beale we have now seen in five games about two halves that were worth the watch.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Venting My Spleen on 22:22 - Aug 16 with 4651 viewsbosh67

I think Blackburn had a £4m bid for Bowler turned down so that's why we aren't in the league to bid for what has become a very good player at this level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Venting My Spleen on 22:22 - Aug 16 with 4654 viewsRangers67

I really don’t care who they get to replace him but Dykes should be sent out to whichever club is stupid enough to show an interest. No football brain whatsoever, no strikers instinct , nothing between his ears. Total waste of space and Beale will lose a lot of credit with a lot of fans if he ever picks him again
Venting My Spleen on 22:25 - Aug 16 with 4577 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Johansen and Dozzell together is like starting with nine men.
Venting My Spleen on 22:30 - Aug 16 with 4523 viewsozexile

I admittedly only watched the 1st half here in Oz as I had to go to work, but my goodness. I totally agree with you about Johannsen receiving the ball from our backs. What are we doing? Blackpool would do the same and be out at the flanks attacking within 2 passes. We don't even get our heads up to move the ball forwards. Dunne receives the ball without looking up so Blackpool know he's not going to play forward it's just going to go sideways or back. Johannsen receives from Dickie without even checking over his shoulder so again he's only going to play one way. Brain-dead.
We're not pulling opposition teams out of their shape at all because we're too predictable.
Venting My Spleen on 22:34 - Aug 16 with 4455 viewsBrazilNutR

wasn~t that one of Beale's big ideas, that players should be sideways facing whenever they recieve the ball
Venting My Spleen on 22:39 - Aug 16 with 4362 viewsDWQPR

Venting My Spleen on 22:22 - Aug 16 by bosh67

I think Blackburn had a £4m bid for Bowler turned down so that's why we aren't in the league to bid for what has become a very good player at this level.

He had been released by Everton at the end of the 20-21 season when Blackpool picked him up for nothing.

Venting My Spleen on 22:43 - Aug 16 with 4279 viewsozexile

Venting My Spleen on 22:34 - Aug 16 by BrazilNutR

wasn~t that one of Beale's big ideas, that players should be sideways facing whenever they recieve the ball

Allegedly but it's not transferring to the pitch. Dreadful dreadful passages of play.
Venting My Spleen on 22:55 - Aug 16 with 4174 viewsStanisgod

Agree with the JoJo thing, I dont get it, practically making a back 5. Field doesnt seem to know where he should be, they need to swap places.
3 left footed midfielders never looks balanced.
The Bowler goal was coming, lost count of how many times he shifted on to his left and Paal just let him do it again and again.
Didnt think Dozell was that bad to honest but we do need the 3 or 4 that are missing back sooner rather than later.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Venting My Spleen on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 4038 viewsStreathamRanger

We're in big trouble if Paal doesn't start living up to the hype the club put on him. Not very strong, not very quick and not very skillful. Our left side is so weak.
Johansen should be on the bench, preferably now, definitely once Amos is back. I'd love to have Dom Ball in there instead of Johansen.
I don't think these players are good enough to play 4-3-3. We seem to lack players going forward and getting back to defend. Very little width.
Laird did show some promise and with a few games he could come good. Armstrong has bags of potential but we shouldn't overhype him. Chair was giving him a right telling off at one point. I think it was for not releasing it or not playing to the whistle when Armstrong thought he has been fouled but nothing was given.
4 minutes added time is nothing short of scandalous. That ref was one of the weakest I've ever seen
Venting My Spleen on 23:19 - Aug 16 with 4005 viewsqprd

Venting My Spleen on 22:25 - Aug 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Dozzell is a heavily left footed midfielder who played as a right sided midfielder in a 433..:. Side was imbalanced today bc of the lack of a right footed midfielder

Easy to criticise dozzell but he was effectively playing out of position. Not easy to cross or overlap for a left footed player in the positions he was picking up the ball… his easiest and most comfortable option was the square ball (which is pretty negative)
Venting My Spleen on 23:19 - Aug 16 with 3997 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

I thought Dykes the cause of the loss today not Johanson, Dozell, or Paal.

Thought Paal played well as did Laird.
Venting My Spleen on 23:30 - Aug 16 with 3885 viewsconnell10

Both of our fullbacks were poor , they couldn't cross the ball.....in fact I'd go as far as to say they were both inept! Now Larid I'll give the benefit of the doubt to as he got thrown in the deep end but Paal is worrying me! Doesn't go forward , Doesn't cross and looks really lightweight.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:40]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Venting My Spleen on 23:36 - Aug 16 with 3837 viewsconnell10

Venting My Spleen on 23:19 - Aug 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

I thought Dykes the cause of the loss today not Johanson, Dozell, or Paal.

Thought Paal played well as did Laird.

Paal was awful imo ...and Laird wasn't to far behind

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Venting My Spleen on 23:38 - Aug 16 with 3822 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Venting My Spleen on 23:19 - Aug 16 by qprd

Dozzell is a heavily left footed midfielder who played as a right sided midfielder in a 433..:. Side was imbalanced today bc of the lack of a right footed midfielder

Easy to criticise dozzell but he was effectively playing out of position. Not easy to cross or overlap for a left footed player in the positions he was picking up the ball… his easiest and most comfortable option was the square ball (which is pretty negative)

It's not just tonight. Apart from that pass last season, I struggle to remember anything he actually does. There's not enough movement in midfield or players showing for the ball in space. They're comfortable sitting back and playing it along the back line. Johansen is obviously past it but for me Dozzell is just as ineffectual.
Venting My Spleen on 23:40 - Aug 16 with 3808 viewsdannyblue

Been on holiday so first game tonight, although have watched the others on streams.

My concern is mainly with our shape. We're so narrow that when we have the ball we're really congested and easy to stifle, and when they have the ball they can get up our flanks far too easily. As others have said, this was compounded by Jojo receiving it so deep with his body position already showing that he'll return it back or square and nothing working to pull a well organised blackpool out of shape. Honestly think these players would benefit from 3421 or 4231 which would provide more natural width as well as maintaining solidity. With the ball we should be making the pitch as wide as possible to make it easier to find gaps in their defence, funnelling inside all the time makes it too easy for them to defend against us.

Once we'd changed shape with the subs and chair came back into midfield I was suprised he played on the left and dozell on the right....which of course also contributes to it all being narrow because that will naturally make them play inside.

Armstrong was great. Looks like we have a real talent on our hands there if he can get some end product. I was impressed with how he handled the rough treatment too.
Venting My Spleen on 23:43 - Aug 16 with 3780 viewsdmm

I'm not at a spleen venting stage but tonight is the first time I've watched a Beale game and come away with questions about what he's doing.

We were slow and disorganised this evening with too many players looking like they didn't quite know what they were supposed to be doing.

That's a real concern.
Venting My Spleen on 23:45 - Aug 16 with 3767 viewsDWQPR

People were slagging off Niko on Saturday but Paal was not an improvement at all. Had two very decent crossing opportunities in the last five minutes, one under hit and the other over hit. Laird started off like a train but Blackpool soon shut his route down the wing down and he faded badly. But personally with both I think it’s the formation that is the issue. We are not getting the overlaps that we saw with Wallace and Odabajo at all. We are far too narrow and not using the width of the pitch. And of course it doesn’t help when a cart horse like Johansen is stopping his own centre backs from bringing the ball out of defence.

Venting My Spleen on 23:45 - Aug 16 with 3762 viewsR_from_afar

Venting My Spleen on 22:25 - Aug 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Not that it is saying much but Dozzell was one of our best players tonight

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Venting My Spleen on 23:48 - Aug 16 with 3746 viewsdannyblue

Johansen one man press on our own defence. lol. well put.
Venting My Spleen on 23:48 - Aug 16 with 3742 viewsLordPork

seems to me Mr Beale and I saw two different games....

just read his post match comments and that was nothing like watched.

Johannsen appears to only want to play in one half, ours, and I struggle to recall a forward pass played by him, Chair stopped at least 2 runs when he saw Johannsen had the ball....

Albert with 10 to go?
Should have been on at half time, acres of space, it's not like we didn't expect them to play deep the last 45...

very naïve performance from all concerned,

don't even start me on the ref / lino.....
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 9:14]
Venting My Spleen on 23:51 - Aug 16 with 3709 viewsHamptonR

Venting My Spleen on 23:45 - Aug 16 by R_from_afar

Not that it is saying much but Dozzell was one of our best players tonight

I though the same
Venting My Spleen on 23:54 - Aug 16 with 3686 viewsnix

Venting My Spleen on 23:43 - Aug 16 by dmm

I'm not at a spleen venting stage but tonight is the first time I've watched a Beale game and come away with questions about what he's doing.

We were slow and disorganised this evening with too many players looking like they didn't quite know what they were supposed to be doing.

That's a real concern.

I was near the dug out and he was constantly urging them to bring the ball forward quickly. I don't know why they're not listening to him as they didn't listen to Warbs either.

Moving the ball ponderously means the defence gets time to get in place and makes it really hard to find an outlet to pass to. Blackpool did the opposite, moving the ball quickly, thereby creating spaces in our defence and then supporting their forward line to exploit overlaps.

We looked so static at times when out of desperation in the second half Dickie and Dunne both brought the ball out, in an attempt to bypass the midfield. Our forward line was so static though, apart from Armstrong when he came on, that I thought they might have been having an inplay session of musical statues.

I said before that I don't think Dozzell and Johansen can form a midfield together. No pace or bite from them. Even Field seemed to be making more of an effort to make things happen. You need energy to play a team like Blackpool who seem very fit, able to both execute a high press and then still move the ball at pace when in possession.

It's a very frustrating situation and Beale has a lot to think about.
Venting My Spleen on 23:58 - Aug 16 with 3660 viewsdavman

Venting My Spleen on 22:22 - Aug 16 by bosh67

Yes, but Blackpool didn't pay that for him now, did they?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Venting My Spleen on 00:02 - Aug 17 with 3639 viewsdistortR

On Paal, i can quite imagine he wasn't fully fit today but played because the other option is, well.................
Venting My Spleen on 00:07 - Aug 17 with 3608 viewsdmm

Venting My Spleen on 23:54 - Aug 16 by nix

I was near the dug out and he was constantly urging them to bring the ball forward quickly. I don't know why they're not listening to him as they didn't listen to Warbs either.

Moving the ball ponderously means the defence gets time to get in place and makes it really hard to find an outlet to pass to. Blackpool did the opposite, moving the ball quickly, thereby creating spaces in our defence and then supporting their forward line to exploit overlaps.

We looked so static at times when out of desperation in the second half Dickie and Dunne both brought the ball out, in an attempt to bypass the midfield. Our forward line was so static though, apart from Armstrong when he came on, that I thought they might have been having an inplay session of musical statues.

I said before that I don't think Dozzell and Johansen can form a midfield together. No pace or bite from them. Even Field seemed to be making more of an effort to make things happen. You need energy to play a team like Blackpool who seem very fit, able to both execute a high press and then still move the ball at pace when in possession.

It's a very frustrating situation and Beale has a lot to think about.

You're right about how static the players are when the ball is played out from the back. It's very frustrating to see. Armstrong shows everyone up in that respect.

At the moment, with current injuries, Dozzll, Johansen and Field are the only choices for the 3 CM slots. A change of formation could happen to reduce it to 2 CMs but could we cope with one less in CM? I don't think so.

We must look forward to Amos and Richards returning. Amos brings a certain dynamism to the game, and Richards' preseason cameo suggested he'll do the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024