Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale press conference 23:48 - Oct 7 with 10261 viewsBklynRanger

Beale press conference on 20:14 - Oct 8 with 2628 viewsterryb

Beale press conference on 18:20 - Oct 8 by ThGrimRanger

i hate to throw a spanner into all of this Beale adulation but in his own words when he got the appointment he said that he had many offers but he chose us.

well i’m sorry but if that’s the case he can’t be that bright

Or he saw players already at the club that he could mould into a good side.
Beale press conference on 20:20 - Oct 8 with 2613 viewsLanhoop

i hate to throw a spanner into all of this Beale adulation but in his own words when he got the appointment he said that he had many offers but he chose us.

There's a lot of basket cases out there. Warbs put some good foundations in place so we were surely a better bet than many.
Beale press conference on 20:40 - Oct 8 with 2549 viewsMick_S

I think he is, but we’ll see how it goes. Onwards and upwards. Keep it it positive, as it is now.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Beale press conference on 21:11 - Oct 8 with 2486 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He said that about our fringe players too over the summer. Loads of loan offers for them apparently.

I think he's a bit of a blagger personally but then most of the successful people I know are the same.

I think we're underestimating the hard work of the club over the last few years but it's working at the moment so who cares.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beale press conference on 21:53 - Oct 8 with 2395 viewsLogman

He's taken to the job like a duck to water. On the other hand, I have the feeling that he's been managing teams in his mind from the age of 7 or 8. I can see him as the kid who spent every minute of every day of his school years thinking about football at break time and plastering all his exercise books with his preferred players and formations.
Beale press conference on 22:04 - Oct 8 with 2351 viewsCiderwithRsie

Beale press conference on 20:14 - Oct 8 by terryb

Or he saw players already at the club that he could mould into a good side.

I think some of you are failing to spot a joke when you see one.
Beale press conference on 22:07 - Oct 8 with 2344 viewsThGrimRanger

my comment was tongue in cheek. i totally agree that he’s hit the ground running and will go on to be a top modern day manager. he’ll get the best out of his players whilst being all over the opposition tactically.

just hoping he signed a 3+ year contract

TheGrimRanger

Beale press conference on 23:10 - Oct 8 with 2217 viewsManinBlack

Beale press conference on 09:16 - Oct 8 by dmm

On my way home last night I got talking with a Glasgow Rangers fan who'd been at the game. He said Rangers fans soon realised Beale was the brains behind Gerrard and they'd love him back. He was also convinced Villa fans felt the same.

We briefly compared tactics Beale's used with respective teams and, as you'd expect, he's different with us in using two 10s showing he's built on Warburton's work. Also, the GR fan said how good Balogun was and that they should never have let him go.

In Mick Beale, we really do seem to have a stellar coach/manager in the making.

Funnily enough spoke to some Rangers fans on the Glasgow subway from Ibrox tonight who seem chuffed Beale is doing so well. It seems the consensus of opinion is that Beale will manage Glasgow Rangers one day. They seem to be taking a bit of notice of the wee Rangers as they call us since club legend Lee Wallace ended his career with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Beale press conference on 00:04 - Oct 9 with 2155 viewsBurnleyhoop

Beale press conference on 21:11 - Oct 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

He said that about our fringe players too over the summer. Loads of loan offers for them apparently.

I think he's a bit of a blagger personally but then most of the successful people I know are the same.

I think we're underestimating the hard work of the club over the last few years but it's working at the moment so who cares.

The results speak for themselves….you can’t blag those.

Next test is to maintain them. There in lies the real challenge.
Beale press conference on 00:49 - Oct 9 with 2108 viewsozexile

He won me over after Charlton when he was talking about performing in London derbies. He gets it, from the players to the fans.
Beale press conference on 01:40 - Oct 9 with 2059 viewsSydneyRs

Beale press conference on 23:10 - Oct 8 by ManinBlack

Funnily enough spoke to some Rangers fans on the Glasgow subway from Ibrox tonight who seem chuffed Beale is doing so well. It seems the consensus of opinion is that Beale will manage Glasgow Rangers one day. They seem to be taking a bit of notice of the wee Rangers as they call us since club legend Lee Wallace ended his career with us.

If he continues to be successful with us he won't be going to Rangers, he will have bigger fish to fry in the prem. Also think he has the makings of a great England manager.
Beale press conference on 02:09 - Oct 9 with 2030 viewsLblock

Not sure I’m going to get this across right…..

Players (generally) loved playing for Warnock because he kept things simple and he protected them publicly whenever needed. King Warnock also got the club and ticked so many boxes.

Beale seems to have an uncanny knack of simplifying the complicated and has got the players on board to his modern ideas. He’s clearly a top student of the game. He also gets the club massively, his comments on London derbies proved that and he knows the the sum of the WHOLE club is more important than the parts.
I like him…….he can stay

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Beale press conference on 03:23 - Oct 9 with 1992 viewsPunteR

He lives and breathes football. He was watching Coventry v Burnley today on his day off with his kids. He even collects Subbuteo teams.
I really like him. He seems just a normal down to earth bloke.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Beale press conference on 03:49 - Oct 9 with 1979 viewsnix

Beale press conference on 00:49 - Oct 9 by ozexile

He won me over after Charlton when he was talking about performing in London derbies. He gets it, from the players to the fans.

I think this too. He's obviously studied the Warbs' years and taken the best from them and learnt what didn't work. He's learnt that focusing on the fans and trying to play attractive football worked really well and Warbs did that pretty well. Warbs kept the loyalty of (most of) the fans for a lot longer than normally would be the case during the dire period.

Beale would only have to read LFW to know that lacking a plan B was the major problem. I don't mean Warburton literally didn't have a plan B but that it wasn't anywhere near as effective as plan A. In fairness to him I think we've got much better players to come in now, apart from at left back. Bearing in mind also that Warbs at one point had all four fullbacks injured, so he did have a tough time at times. But having Tyler Roberts, Taylor Richards, Armstrong, Oroegbunan and Balogun to come on is a bit of an upgrade on Austin, Gray, Bonne, Ball and Kakay or Ball as CB. Warbs wasn't as plugged in with the younger players with great potential, so we got a few in but Beale has been able to get some cracking players in, a number of them as our players.

But it's irrefutable that Warburton brought us on a lot from the McLaren years. He improved players like Willock and Illy (and Eze). He focused a lot on team spirit, which I think was sabotaged a bit towards the end by people who are no longer here. He recognised the fans were important, which Beale has also done. He listened to the sports' science guys. He realised that a clear game plan was important, although he didn't always know what to do if it didn't work (with a slight caveat that we didn't always have the back up players - e.g. back four as opposed to back 3 didn't work with the defenders we had then).
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 8:09]
Beale press conference on 05:08 - Oct 9 with 1958 viewsvanrrrr

Beale press conference on 00:04 - Oct 9 by Burnleyhoop

The results speak for themselves….you can’t blag those.

Next test is to maintain them. There in lies the real challenge.

Agreed… reckon he gets that too.

loved his comment that at the end of the season we cannot be talking about this week but weeks like this… i went weak at the knees.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 15:58]
Beale press conference on 07:16 - Oct 9 with 1858 viewskernowhoop

Beale press conference on 17:49 - Oct 8 by JPC

I know I’m a pessimist but I find myself mentally preparing myself for Beale leaving us. Bit like when you went out with the girl who you knew was a bit out of your league and knew it was a matter of time. Why can’t I just enjoy the good times and live in the moment. Best I get hammered tonight.

You have a point, but with any luck, you are thinking too far ahead. I suspect that he will have to achieve more than he has, before a tempting offer comes in. We are all delighted at his achievements at QPR so far. Others will probably want to see more than this before they splash their cash.
Beale press conference on 08:54 - Oct 9 with 1738 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale press conference on 17:50 - Oct 8 by dmm

Pinner Paul, what did you make of Carroll's tackle on Roberts that earned him a yellow? Watching it back it looks very dangerous so would you think it should have been a red? Beale was quite relaxed about it in his post match comments though.

Yes he was and he was only a few yards away, I'm in T block so a fair way away.

I'm treating myself to the 90' again with my dinner tonight, as well as showing Mrs Pinner how superb we are!, so will get a closer look then.
Beale press conference on 09:14 - Oct 9 with 1676 viewsLblock

Beale press conference on 07:16 - Oct 9 by kernowhoop

You have a point, but with any luck, you are thinking too far ahead. I suspect that he will have to achieve more than he has, before a tempting offer comes in. We are all delighted at his achievements at QPR so far. Others will probably want to see more than this before they splash their cash.

Glasgow Rangers are the ones that worry me.
I’m sure he’ll be linked with there job IF it comes up

Huge club
Massive support
Bigger budget
But most importantly for MB…… European football nights.

If they come knocking I think we’d lose him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Beale press conference on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 1664 viewsDWQPR

Beale press conference on 09:14 - Oct 9 by Lblock

Huge club
Massive support
Bigger budget

To be honest he will want a bigger challenge than them. We could cut our managerial teeth there and be happy to finish second. I think he likes a proper project which we are. If we do get promotion then I reckon he resets the clock.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Beale press conference on 10:20 - Oct 9 with 1606 viewsHayesender

Beale press conference on 09:14 - Oct 9 by Lblock

Huge club
Massive support
Bigger budget

If Rangers get shot of Van Bronkhurst anytime soon, someone needs to kidnap MB and lock him up in a cellar until they appoint someone else.

Who's up for the task? I would offer, but I don't have a cellar

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Beale press conference on 10:57 - Oct 9 with 1544 viewsMick_S

Beale press conference on 10:20 - Oct 9 by Hayesender

If Rangers get shot of Van Bronkhurst anytime soon, someone needs to kidnap MB and lock him up in a cellar until they appoint someone else.

Who's up for the task? I would offer, but I don't have a cellar

I’ve got one. Downstairs loft = full of 5hit. Don’t get one.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Beale press conference on 12:24 - Oct 9 with 1448 viewsPinnerPaul

Without knowing where the other offers came from and how much they were worth, makes that last remark a little silly.

Apart from the fact its blindingly obvious he is very bright indeed.
Beale press conference on 13:14 - Oct 9 with 1375 viewsTauntonR

Beale press conference on 12:24 - Oct 9 by PinnerPaul

Without knowing where the other offers came from and how much they were worth, makes that last remark a little silly.

Apart from the fact its blindingly obvious he is very bright indeed.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned the interview on football focus the other week where he said that his ambition was to manage abroad - didn't seem that fussed whether he goes on to the premier league or not.
Beale press conference on 13:36 - Oct 9 with 1353 viewsterryb

Beale press conference on 22:07 - Oct 8 by ThGrimRanger

my comment was tongue in cheek. i totally agree that he’s hit the ground running and will go on to be a top modern day manager. he’ll get the best out of his players whilst being all over the opposition tactically.

just hoping he signed a 3+ year contract

My apologies!
Beale press conference on 16:14 - Oct 9 with 1217 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale press conference on 13:36 - Oct 9 by terryb

My apologies!

and me. I posted similar before reading GR's later post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024