Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley interview 18:55 - Jan 7 with 19417 viewssparkey

Very honest assessment. He is absolutely fuming which is what I really hoped for.

Before everyone gets on his back this is PBBCs squad who was on a serious downturn of form before he f^^ked off. Critchley has not set the world alight but who would when he has a squad who cant be bothered to even run half the time.
Neil Critchley interview on 21:02 - Jan 7 with 3568 viewsconnell10

Neil Critchley interview on 20:58 - Jan 7 by ted_hendrix

Dykes

WTF ...That is totally unacceptable. What a dick ......how to make friends and influence people. Prick.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Neil Critchley interview on 21:03 - Jan 7 with 3561 viewsted_hendrix

Neil Critchley interview on 21:02 - Jan 7 by connell10

WTF ...That is totally unacceptable. What a dick ......how to make friends and influence people. Prick.

Look on the Dykes thread

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Neil Critchley interview on 21:06 - Jan 7 with 3464 viewsstainrods_elbow

Neil Critchley interview on 21:02 - Jan 7 by connell10

Reminded me of Bosw*nker after that Reading game when we went down with Saggy Chops, who also seemed to find something uncontainably amusing post-match. There are some real tossers in pro football all right, and too many of them get a princely welcome at lil' ol' QPR.

https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/888042/original/?width=630&version=888042

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Neil Critchley interview on 21:36 - Jan 7 with 3296 viewsAndybrat

Neil Critchley interview on 21:06 - Jan 7 by stainrods_elbow

Reminded me of Bosw*nker after that Reading game when we went down with Saggy Chops, who also seemed to find something uncontainably amusing post-match. There are some real tossers in pro football all right, and too many of them get a princely welcome at lil' ol' QPR.

https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/888042/original/?width=630&version=888042

Basically guys we have to accept it may get worse before it gets better, if that is possible. He is obviously going to make some changes and I suspect put noses out of joint. We have to support him through the transition. You know I was a Dom Ball fan but never thought we would miss him with the midfield options we have. But ( and I am not trying to be funny) Dom Ball had balls and treated every game with the same intensity and you always felt he realised how privileged he was to be on the pitch. I didn’t see the game so hard to know who was the main culprits but do find it surprising that Ilias was one, I always feel he gives his all and sometimes too much. Seen the Dykes picture and want to defend him but can’t.
Despite living in Reading can’t make next week, those going let NC know it’s his blue and white army….. I suspect the same players may bounce back but should he pick them?
Neil Critchley interview on 21:47 - Jan 7 with 3226 viewsbosh67

Agree with another poster. These lines from Critchley are deeply worrying.

“Thursday’s training session concerned me and I told the group that.
“If we think we can just turn up, not be focused and concentrated then this is what we’ll get.

In our quest to get the right sort we appear to have got the ‘meh’ sort instead. A group prone to sulking and not being up for stuff. Those in this area need to be ejected as quickly as possible.

It is starting to feel like some heads have been turned and what we are seeing is a lack of professionalism. I think Critchley has absolutely seen this. If I was him I’d drop half the team for Reading and ask the youngsters who has the hunger to be a first team player. At least we would possibly see players who want it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Neil Critchley interview on 21:56 - Jan 7 with 3161 viewsAndybrat

Neil Critchley interview on 21:47 - Jan 7 by bosh67

“If we think we can just turn up, not be focused and concentrated then this is what we’ll get.

In our quest to get the right sort we appear to have got the ‘meh’ sort instead. A group prone to sulking and not being up for stuff. Those in this area need to be ejected as quickly as possible.

It is starting to feel like some heads have been turned and what we are seeing is a lack of professionalism. I think Critchley has absolutely seen this. If I was him I’d drop half the team for Reading and ask the youngsters who has the hunger to be a first team player. At least we would possibly see players who want it.

Spot on, which what I was saying in a roundabout way. I reckon the “ 1st team” will pick themselves up for the game but still shouldn’t be picked and we as fans may have to accept the consequences. Which is hard when we are in a bit of a freefall
Neil Critchley interview on 22:14 - Jan 7 with 3042 viewsCateLeBonR

Neil Critchley interview on 21:47 - Jan 7 by bosh67

I'd snap your right arm off for 6 points off 3rd place with 20 games left in most seasons.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 22:15]
Neil Critchley interview on 22:30 - Jan 7 with 2934 viewsNorthantsHoop

At last Neil Critchley lays it out about how we are being short changed by this group of players. I like the fact he actually says what we have been watching for a while now. All this nonsense on Director of Football etc it is all about the players and at the moment some of them need to get their fingers out of their backside and start to be a professional football outfit.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 22:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley interview on 22:55 - Jan 7 with 2791 viewsHayesender

I can already see how this pans out. NC will get the sack for speaking the truth, and LS will be exempt from criticism yet again from the usual ostriches

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Neil Critchley interview on 23:06 - Jan 7 with 2742 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Mediocrity is not something he wants to be involved with - you're at the wrong club, mate.

Great to see his anger. I just feel for him, knowing the incompetence above him.
Neil Critchley interview on 00:33 - Jan 8 with 2526 viewsLogman

Good interview but as has been said, he also needs to back it up with appropriate action. Not only in terms of his next selection and game plan but also in terms of preparation. I'm not seeing the management team affecting how we go about things. Nothing looks any different on match days and the training videos look staid as well. Let's see a bit of intuition. Get the players training at an army camp on the Monday, organise a friendly against the fittest/most physical team that you can find for the Wednesday, set up the player group like Olly did or something. Somehow there needs to be a sea change in what is going into the players' heads.
Neil Critchley interview on 00:54 - Jan 8 with 2444 viewsdistortR

On Neil Critchley - he's been criticised for some of the players he's picked in his few games here - travelman, Shodipo, Thomas etc. There is a belief that certain elements at the club maintain that some of these players are good enough to do a job in this division. So Critchley has now used them, seen them and is in a stronger position to say, 'these players aren't good enough'. What the club can do about that, within it's budget, remains to be seen.

On the players lack of motivation - we had the collapse last season, we had Warburton's unspecified falling out with officials at the club. We had the damaging Beale saga, which includes his apparent dismay about certain aspects at the club. We have players seemingly running contacts down, we had Bonne sitting there knowing he isn't going to get a game, which isn't healthy. Nothing can condone players not giving a flying one, but someone needs to take an overview of what is happening. I'm not going to point the finger of blame, if indeed there is blame to be had past the players, but I'd really like to see an external review of the club as a whole.
Neil Critchley interview on 01:10 - Jan 8 with 2403 viewsHooping_Mad

Neil Critchley interview on 00:54 - Jan 8 by distortR

On Neil Critchley - he's been criticised for some of the players he's picked in his few games here - travelman, Shodipo, Thomas etc. There is a belief that certain elements at the club maintain that some of these players are good enough to do a job in this division. So Critchley has now used them, seen them and is in a stronger position to say, 'these players aren't good enough'. What the club can do about that, within it's budget, remains to be seen.

On the players lack of motivation - we had the collapse last season, we had Warburton's unspecified falling out with officials at the club. We had the damaging Beale saga, which includes his apparent dismay about certain aspects at the club. We have players seemingly running contacts down, we had Bonne sitting there knowing he isn't going to get a game, which isn't healthy. Nothing can condone players not giving a flying one, but someone needs to take an overview of what is happening. I'm not going to point the finger of blame, if indeed there is blame to be had past the players, but I'd really like to see an external review of the club as a whole.

I don't disagree, only caveat being that isn't exactly going to entice any new investment.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Neil Critchley interview on 01:19 - Jan 8 with 2364 viewsdistortR

Neil Critchley interview on 01:10 - Jan 8 by Hooping_Mad

I don't disagree, only caveat being that isn't exactly going to entice any new investment.

Well, the current lot are keeping us afloat and building the training ground. FFP has ensured that whoever owns us, they can't buy players without running the risk of punitive action.
Only the select clubs are allowed to buy nice things.
Which isn't to say that we could have spent the money we did a bit better.
Neil Critchley interview on 01:31 - Jan 8 with 2330 viewsHooping_Mad

Neil Critchley interview on 01:19 - Jan 8 by distortR

Well, the current lot are keeping us afloat and building the training ground. FFP has ensured that whoever owns us, they can't buy players without running the risk of punitive action.
Only the select clubs are allowed to buy nice things.
Which isn't to say that we could have spent the money we did a bit better.

If we did spend the money again we would f*ck it up, the squad is just to light weight on the whole.

We appear to have 2 modes of operation as a club:

1 - Disaster management
2 - Shock success

You think with all those lesson learned over the years we would have a scooby doo about number 1 by now. I wonder if anyone has a theory as to why on the operations side we are trying to manage the debt, fix an ailing stadium and build new training facilities, whilst on the playing side we have again a bunch of lazy mercenaries going nowhere fast?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Neil Critchley interview on 01:40 - Jan 8 with 2289 viewsozexile

absolute basket case of a club.Name me another club in world football where the coach would say that scoring a goal is the worst thing thing that could happen to us. Turn off the lights I think we're all about done .
Neil Critchley interview on 01:53 - Jan 8 with 2248 viewsvanrrrr

This reminded me of Beale’s post match after we lost to Charlton in the League Cup earlier in the season! Same old same old Rangers.
Neil Critchley interview on 07:34 - Jan 8 with 2009 viewsrickywelton

This is long overdue from one of our managers.

It’s easy to be critical of the likes of Kakay etc but for too often the deficiencies of our so called better players have been obvious, but ignored with the odd decent performance. A few examples, Willock has ability but is lazy and weak both mentally and physically, but will do something good and that’s forgotten. Chair the same, holds onto the ball too long and makes poor decisions, but again will do something to turn heads. Field is the opposite puts his heart and soul into every game but slows everything down.

We need to accept we are a mid table team for the majority of the time, yes we have and could be higher, but the players let us down with weak performances just when we start to believe.

Why do you think there has been no bids for these so called great players, within football they know their problems and it’s only now a manager has had the guts to call them out, long overdue.

Just hope he gets the time to sort out this mess, but suspect our wonderful DOF, who seems exempt from criticism by some, will get involved and will extend Hamilianen contract again!
Neil Critchley interview on 08:02 - Jan 8 with 1933 viewsDixie_CT

Neil Critchley interview on 01:53 - Jan 8 by vanrrrr

This reminded me of Beale’s post match after we lost to Charlton in the League Cup earlier in the season! Same old same old Rangers.

It is the same message to the players as Beale gave but in a lot less jargon based way, with Critchley being more straight forward.

Easy to say this now but when I watched the Inside Training video the club put out, I did think that some of the stuff from the players on their didn’t look great in regards to intensity and quality, kinda going through the motions. Players giving the ball away, missing easy chances and then siding about with the follow up and a lack of skill. The one bit of quality I saw was from Dixon-Bonner, when he turned a few players and beat his man.

Training sessions should be enjoyable but there has to be a degree of seriousness and giving it your all. That video gave none of those vibes and others have been the same. One of the previous ones showed Bonne fannying about with Laird getting all giddy when he did something well. All well and good but Bonne was never playing for us and it matter little what the hell he was up to.

What was is Warnock said? Bring your shin pads to training? If these players have any fight and steel then they need to start bringing it at training so they can transfer it to match days.
Neil Critchley interview on 08:18 - Jan 8 with 1865 viewsDaBurgh

Well I think that the one obvious thing that came out of yesterday was that this current team of players are not even up to 1st division mid-table. As already stated, and also imo we should keep the core of Dieng, Dunne, unfortunately I'm not sure of Dickie anymore, Field, Chair and Willock. Then play our best youth, yep that probably means we'll be in the 1st division next season, so what, a chance to regroup, get some hungry lower league talent. Maybe spend a few years there, playing good football, and maybe get promoted to play with the big boys. This current team is not a championship team.
Neil Critchley interview on 08:44 - Jan 8 with 1787 viewswortonranger

It seems to have been forgotten that several of our more promising youngsters are out on loan. On the other hand, the B team are drilled to play the same style as the first team, so.might work better than we think
Neil Critchley interview on 08:48 - Jan 8 with 1775 viewskernowhoop

It is about mentality. We know that this squad can do the business. We have seen it. The league table proved it and when they deliver, it is great to watch. If you doubt that, check back to what people were saying on here during the purple patch.
Training is fine for hearts, lungs, muscles, joints and tactics. But, that may not deliver belief, commitment and the ability to deal with set-backs. Most of that comes from within and it is made stronger by leadership and example. That is what Neil Critchley will want to instil in the team and it is going to be interesting to see how he goes about it. We are probably not going to be relegated, so he may well write off this season, experiment a bit and start afresh in August; that is, if he stays.
Neil Critchley interview on 09:32 - Jan 8 with 1606 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil Critchley interview on 08:48 - Jan 8 by kernowhoop

It is about mentality. We know that this squad can do the business. We have seen it. The league table proved it and when they deliver, it is great to watch. If you doubt that, check back to what people were saying on here during the purple patch.
Training is fine for hearts, lungs, muscles, joints and tactics. But, that may not deliver belief, commitment and the ability to deal with set-backs. Most of that comes from within and it is made stronger by leadership and example. That is what Neil Critchley will want to instil in the team and it is going to be interesting to see how he goes about it. We are probably not going to be relegated, so he may well write off this season, experiment a bit and start afresh in August; that is, if he stays.

"It is about mentality. We know that this squad can do the business. We have seen it. The league table proved it and when they deliver, it is great to watch. If you doubt that, check back to what people were saying on here during the purple patch."

Exactly. There was even a thread on here debating if they were better than the 75/76 team.
Just as that was one extreme, yesterday was another. I'm trying to tell myself that we'll revert to somewhat better form, but - as you say - it will depend on mentality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Critchley interview on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 1539 viewsPinnerPaul

As he says this has been a problem with this group for a while. We had two halves of good seasons under MW as well as two car crash half seasons.

Said it a 1,000,000 times - AFTER the Wolves thing came out we won 2 and drew at Norwich before THEN falling in a hole again.

Who knows why, not NC obviously, but equally as obviously he needs to do something about it.
Neil Critchley interview on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 1526 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley interview on 19:07 - Jan 7 by Jules4367

It's one thing being unhappy with the team and another doing something about it!

Dock their pay, make it hurt them as much as it pains us to watch them.

If they don't like their pay being docked and say going to charity and or paying for youngsters to get in then they are prima donas and shouldn't be at the club.

The supporters put a heck of a lot in following these numpties and what do they REALLY care?

Let's see something tangible evidence of remorse and acknowledgement of the poor way they are playing other than a token 'sorry' (whilst looking to see who is going to buy them!)

It was a bit more than a token sorry tbf to him!

Lots of teams lost to teams below them yesterday, haven't heard that many interviews like that.

Forest manager was pretty angry/honest after their defeat tbf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024