Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? 17:17 - Jan 14 with 11039 viewsToast_R

Seem a bit precious to me, the owner is clearly an idiot but he has spent money, they have a state of the art stadium being built and on schedule but like what happens to a lot of clubs from time to time, their team is sh*t because they've made some terrible transfer decisions over the past 6 years which is finally catching up with them.

I think a dose of Championship football next season will be a reality check for them. Could well end up being the next Leeds United though.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 17:02 - Jan 15 with 2403 viewsPinnerPaul

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 16:26 - Jan 15 by terryb

I think it was Everton's h&s people who advised them not to attend, rather than the police.

My apologies if I'm wrong.

EDIT Apparently, the club have consulted the police but have made no complaints to them.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 16:30]

No need to apologise mate, I'm just making it up as I go along, like everyone else!

Just heard they had been "advised" not to attend, and assumed that was by the police?
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 17:26 - Jan 15 with 2354 viewsGloryHunter

Everton CEO 'put in a headlock' and death threats sent before chiefs told to stay away

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-everton-ceo-headlock-safet
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 17:29 - Jan 15 with 2326 viewspaulparker

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:13 - Jan 15 by Northernr

Got what they wanted didn't they? Moyes and Kenwright had them comfortable midtable Premier League, but never beat Liverpool and only got to an occasional cup final the poor loves so they'd "TAKEN US AS FAR AS THEY CAN KLAXON" and it needed somebody to be able to "TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL KLAXON" by paying Idrissa Gueye £200k a week.

Agree with you North
They also had Martinez take them into 2 semi finals and into Europe but that wasn’t good enough either , they sack him and then get in Koeman who did well and played youngsters like Lookman, Calvert Lewin and Davies , that went good enough either
You then go to fat Sam who again did well but he plays hoof ball ( like Everton have ever been easy on the eye) they get rid of him for the flakey Silva and then rinse and repeat
Said for a while this Everton board were doing a Tony Fernades and I even think they have gone beyond that now , would love to see them drop but I think they will scrap out of it again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 18:02 - Jan 15 with 2237 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:18 - Jan 15 by PinnerPaul

General point - feel free to agree or not people - BUT aren't there enough threads voicing criticism of OUR club, DOF, board, players, tea lady etc without bringing us into threads that are about other clubs?

Hardly short of opportunities to have a pop at your own club on here, if that's your thing.

Erm, just pointing out the similarities.....apart from the state-of-the-art new stadium obviously.

To spend as much as they have and be as crap as they are is really something.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 18:13 - Jan 15 with 2243 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 17:29 - Jan 15 by paulparker

Agree with you North
They also had Martinez take them into 2 semi finals and into Europe but that wasn’t good enough either , they sack him and then get in Koeman who did well and played youngsters like Lookman, Calvert Lewin and Davies , that went good enough either
You then go to fat Sam who again did well but he plays hoof ball ( like Everton have ever been easy on the eye) they get rid of him for the flakey Silva and then rinse and repeat
Said for a while this Everton board were doing a Tony Fernades and I even think they have gone beyond that now , would love to see them drop but I think they will scrap out of it again

Isn't this exactly the same as what we (QPR fans) do sometimes though PP?
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 20:45 - Jan 15 with 2050 viewspaulparker

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 18:13 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Isn't this exactly the same as what we (QPR fans) do sometimes though PP?

If memory serves no one wanted Hughes , no wanted Redknapp , no one wanted Mclaren
They were all inflected on us by a novice bloke drunk with power and money
Yes the signings , we all craved the Caesars & Graneros of the world who wouldn’t of but since it went belly up I think us fans have been more than patient with our board

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:01 - Jan 15 with 2020 viewsCiderwithRsie

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 20:45 - Jan 15 by paulparker

If memory serves no one wanted Hughes , no wanted Redknapp , no one wanted Mclaren
They were all inflected on us by a novice bloke drunk with power and money
Yes the signings , we all craved the Caesars & Graneros of the world who wouldn’t of but since it went belly up I think us fans have been more than patient with our board

I'm afraid that's not my memory at all. There wasn't any love for those three but lots of people wanted a change of manager before they came in and in my recollection many people thought Hiughes and Redknapp would "do a job for us" while McClaren had a fair bit of credit for his stint as coach here.

I can honestly say that I was dead against Redknapp but I had some hopes for McClaren and I was prepared to give Hughes benefit of the doubt (while still harbouring grudges from his time as a player.)

Fernandes got all three badly wrong as none were right for our club but all three had good reputations with the football press and Premier League success in their CVs. After Tango and Cash had disastrously interfered all the time (until put in their place by the Mittals) Fernandes' approach of hiring a proven name and handing them the chequebook wasn't inherently stupid and actually might have worked at some clubs (Notts Forest springs to mind.)
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:06 - Jan 15 with 2016 viewsCiderwithRsie

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:18 - Jan 15 by PinnerPaul

General point - feel free to agree or not people - BUT aren't there enough threads voicing criticism of OUR club, DOF, board, players, tea lady etc without bringing us into threads that are about other clubs?

Hardly short of opportunities to have a pop at your own club on here, if that's your thing.

I know what you mean, but I'm not sure that "let's stick to slagging off our own club" is really the vibe we need.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:10 - Jan 15 with 1998 viewspaulparker

Kevin Campbell giving his thoughts on the current situation at Everton while simultaneously dressing like a reclusive mathematician at Yale whose new theory makes everyone question their previous thoughts on the Big Bang AND someone giving an old lady a valuation of a painting she found in her loft that could possibly be a genuine Turner, or something.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:15 - Jan 15 with 2000 viewsqueensparker

It’s a bit like Forest and Villa and Leeds, you have a brief period of success and the fan base then think that’s where you should be forever.

Everton in my (not inconsiderable) lifetime have been a good team around 1984-6. Apart from that they’ve been the QPR of the top division, basically finishing 16th every year. Very lucky not to have been relegated recently and maybe it’s their time
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:52 - Jan 15 with 1959 viewsaston_hoop

I love that they have a club dinosaur though, we should get one

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 1950 viewsMick_S

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:52 - Jan 15 by aston_hoop

I love that they have a club dinosaur though, we should get one

That’ll fix it. Ted Rogers-tactic.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 22:01 - Jan 15 with 1936 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think they're racists.
Beyond that I really don't care.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 09:26 - Jan 16 with 1736 viewsTheChef

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:01 - Jan 15 by CiderwithRsie

I'm afraid that's not my memory at all. There wasn't any love for those three but lots of people wanted a change of manager before they came in and in my recollection many people thought Hiughes and Redknapp would "do a job for us" while McClaren had a fair bit of credit for his stint as coach here.

I can honestly say that I was dead against Redknapp but I had some hopes for McClaren and I was prepared to give Hughes benefit of the doubt (while still harbouring grudges from his time as a player.)

Fernandes got all three badly wrong as none were right for our club but all three had good reputations with the football press and Premier League success in their CVs. After Tango and Cash had disastrously interfered all the time (until put in their place by the Mittals) Fernandes' approach of hiring a proven name and handing them the chequebook wasn't inherently stupid and actually might have worked at some clubs (Notts Forest springs to mind.)

Looking back I still find it odd we were calling for Warnock's head. We'd had an OK start to life back in the Prem, beat Chelsea, a couple of useful away wins, but not easy unsurprisingly. We weren't even in the bottom three! And we'd just secured a Cup 3rd round replay!!

We must have been mad.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 09:34 - Jan 16 with 1717 viewsdaveB

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 10:22 - Jan 16 with 1630 viewsPinnerPaul

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:06 - Jan 15 by CiderwithRsie

I know what you mean, but I'm not sure that "let's stick to slagging off our own club" is really the vibe we need.

Not my point at all - slag off other clubs as much as we want, but ALWAYS, on these threads, someone will pop up with "Yeah but, we're not that great ourselves etc etc etc"

Just stick that on a QPR thread so people can debate there or ignore as they see fit was my humble request.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 11:55 - Jan 16 with 1552 viewsrobith

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:10 - Jan 15 by paulparker

Kevin Campbell giving his thoughts on the current situation at Everton while simultaneously dressing like a reclusive mathematician at Yale whose new theory makes everyone question their previous thoughts on the Big Bang AND someone giving an old lady a valuation of a painting she found in her loft that could possibly be a genuine Turner, or something.

Love that fit in fairness. I'm taking notes
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 11:55 - Jan 16 with 1544 viewsrobith

I don't really get why they're giving a manger with a 25% win rate a free pass
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 11:58 - Jan 16 with 1540 viewsAntti_Heinola

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 09:26 - Jan 16 by TheChef

Looking back I still find it odd we were calling for Warnock's head. We'd had an OK start to life back in the Prem, beat Chelsea, a couple of useful away wins, but not easy unsurprisingly. We weren't even in the bottom three! And we'd just secured a Cup 3rd round replay!!

We must have been mad.

Very honest of you mate. This board was awash with people demanding his head, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one now who admits to it. It was mad at the time, it's still mad now. I have almost no doubt we'd have gone down under him, tbh, but that wouldn't have been a catastrophe.

Bare bones.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:02 - Jan 16 with 1533 viewsTheChef

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 11:58 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

Very honest of you mate. This board was awash with people demanding his head, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one now who admits to it. It was mad at the time, it's still mad now. I have almost no doubt we'd have gone down under him, tbh, but that wouldn't have been a catastrophe.

Yeah dunno - with Warnock we might have gone down. Maybe not.

Still reckon the reason we stayed up that season was much less to do with Hughes and more to do with the likes of Hill/Derry/Faurlin/Kenny etc. galvanising the squad and adopting an 'over our dead bodies' approach.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:07 - Jan 16 with 1524 viewsdaveB

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 11:58 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

I remember the journey home from Liverpool, lost 1-0 not very good but not awful either and loads of QPR fans on the train moaning how negative we were and buying into Warnock not a premier league manager we need one to come in. I thought at the time it was just a few pissed up people but then we lost to Sunderland at home, got a bit of a hiding off Man Utd (only 2-0 but they were miles ahead of us), then the Norwich defeat and the momentum of a few fans moaning began to grow and many fans and the club panicked.

Very easy to look back now and say we were stupid (we were) but at the time with players going to the owners saying that wanted a new manager, agents telling the club they won't get players if Warnock stays and a lot of fans saying we were playing rubbish it quickly came to a head.

You only have to see how quickly we went from we all love Warbs after beating reading to fans calling for him to go after losing to Millwall (4 games later) last season to know things haven't changed much
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 1471 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Evidence, and some nostalgia. Too ok be fair a lot of defence of Warnock too.

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/44389/id-take-any-of-these-managers

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/44616/all-this-protection-of-warnoc
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:36 - Jan 16 with 1446 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 10:22 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Not my point at all - slag off other clubs as much as we want, but ALWAYS, on these threads, someone will pop up with "Yeah but, we're not that great ourselves etc etc etc"

Just stick that on a QPR thread so people can debate there or ignore as they see fit was my humble request.

Fair enough if it's a totally random thread but we are the poster child for spending hundreds of millions of pounds and going backwards, so it's relevant to compare us with Everton's plight. Obviously, they're a bigger club so there's more entitlement among their supporters but I do find it a bit rich they're now threatening the board with violence when they're actually building them an incredible new stadium. Bizarre that Lampard was appointed and is still in situ, mind.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 1397 viewsBluce_Ree

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 17:24 - Jan 14 by Juzzie

Fat Frank as Manager not helping either.

Fans these days are more entitled than ever, see Chelsea.

But Chelsea just want their club back...

After 20 years of winning everything. Fck you Chelsea, your "club" as you know it is dead. You sold its soul and now you're just a brand, a machine. Fck you, your club, your blood money, your players, your staff, your pensioners and anyone even slightly connected with you.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 13:37 - Jan 16 with 1340 viewsJuzzie

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:27 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Evidence, and some nostalgia. Too ok be fair a lot of defence of Warnock too.

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/44389/id-take-any-of-these-managers

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/44616/all-this-protection-of-warnoc

That second link is very much in the “he’s taken us as far as he can go - klaxon” mould. As if there was someone else readily available to take us to the next level with a club in an ageing stadium, no training facilities of any note, youth/academy status not sufficient and more money being spent than can be accounted for.

It feels to me that people genuinely believe success is so easy to get, click fingers and it’s done. That easy. I’d like to see the people who think it’s just that easy to actually try themselves but they won’t because they know they can’t (financially or otherwise) so it’s easy to hide behind social media making all sorts of impossible demands and getting the hump about it all.

I think it’s ‘easier’ to take clubs like Leicester, Brighton, Brentford and make something of it than to do it with Everton. They would have needed an Abromavich or Sheikh Mansour to turn the club to that kind of level that Chelsea and City got to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024