Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve had enough 21:29 - Mar 15 with 15197 viewsmoson

of a lot of the anger, angry people and drama monarchs on here and at matches. So I’m going to give both a miss for a while.

I’ve enjoyed this board for over 20 years. Clive’s writing is truly brilliant, and I also admire a lot of posters.

I’m 57 and have been going to Loftus Road since 1974. Some of the people I used to go with - and loved - have since died. But the place we went to together is no less special for that. Since 1976, it’s been mainly downhill! But I’ve been lucky to see Bowles + Francis, Thomas + Masson, Allen + Goddard, Currie + Waddock, and so on and so on. And amid the many disappointments and what feels like thousands of away defeats (even in 75/6, we were dodgy away), there have been many wonderful times and moments, and many good teams.

I’ve often been very fed up with the team/club/manager/board etc. I was again last night, watching a stream. I’ve been to plenty of away games too, including Rotherham a week and a half ago.

I’ve inflicted my can’t kick it love of QPR ( I grew up a block north of Queen’s Park and probably assumed everyone’s local team was that good) on my 3 sons, who also go to games and also hurt when we lose.

But the level of bile directed at the players and the club at the moment - only by some, I recognise that - is so ott and out of proportion to any reality. As is the look at me, I’m even angrier than you material.

Yes it’s been a bleak season/14 months, and we may go down and that would be a financial disaster for the club. But (the large majority of) clubs survive this and most go on to enjoy better times.

Some have said this is the worst team in living memory. It isn’t. The Ray Harford team that survived because of a fluke Jamie Pollock own goal and the team that Ollie took down but Gerry built were significantly worse. The Burtenshaw team relegated in 78/9 are down there too.

I also remember Don Howe’s Rangers losing 8 in a row in 90/91, before Bobby Gould came in as his assistant, the club signed Tillson + Peacock, won 3-1 at Anfield, and finished 12th (out of 22 in those days). DH would never have lasted that spell these days, but he did a good job at QPR overall, and the team he built was fun to watch.

More than that, I really enjoyed the first 2/3 of last season. Yes QPR did implode - I was at Peterborough and Barnsley on successive Saturdays - but I really liked Warburton’s team (I too miss Dom Ball and Barbet) for most of that season, and I remember most other fans did too. Quite a few of those players remain, and while it’s entirely fair comment to criticise them for how feeble they’ve been for so long now, they - the ones on the pitch, not Beale’s sulkers - are not playing terribly for the heck of it. In some cases, their confidence is shot - but we lack a player to drop them for. They’re not wasters like Beale or Assou-Ekotto, and I don’t hate any of them.

So I’ll be back at Loftus Road and on this board after a break, but in the meantime it would be a lot more fun to see less aggression.
I’ve had enough on 12:03 - Mar 18 with 3272 viewsPinnerPaul

I’ve had enough on 13:59 - Mar 17 by Monkey_Roots

Its a nice sentiment — less aggression, less hate.

Not something that's really ever been historically associated with football though.

Moson, you were obviously brought up in the days of shocking hooliganism and violence in football — something which is now largely confined to much smaller groups of idiots who are less revered than they were back in the day. Hate and aggression have always been a byproduct of football, but in todays game it doesn't manifest itself in the same way — it's less violent, but yet so much more accessible, thanks to social media.

It seems odd to me that online vitriol has you running for the exit, when you've seen much worse in real life, growing up around the game in the 70's and 80's? Granted, QPR weren't really at the epicentre of hooliganism, but still? Don't let keyboard warrior fanatics put you off being here of all places — the ratio of sense vs senseless here is similar to the odds of me ever reaching my 'target weight' ... about 200:1.

To your point about QPR fans specifically, at this moment in time — This season has been awful. Top in October, then a chain of events set in motion by MB leaving and the manner of his departure. We're on our third manager, 2 wins in close to 5 months, our best players nowhere near the pitch and nowhere near their usual standards when they have been. So many injuries, shocking finances, player apathy... there's a lot to be angry about, and it'll come out at the games, towards the players. Yes, rationally speaking it probably doesn't pay to hurl abuse and anger towards players that are already having a crisis of confidence, but football fans in the main aren't known for being rational... but you know this, you've been around it long enough.

I think the atmosphere on here and at Loftus Road is a result of this truly terrible season - yes we have gone down before, we've had dark days, but not in this age of social media. Hatred is so accessible now — once upon a time the only opinions that surrounded you were those of your fellow supporters at games, your mates, your family or the match reports in the Sunday papers.

Now opinions are everywhere, and they are being spewed forth from the safety of an armchair, so they are at times going to be extreme and inflammatory. Just smile at the absurdity of it all and keep scrolling until you find one a sensible post, they do still outnumber the stupid ones on here at least.

Much like supporting the team on the pitch this season, treat the atmosphere around the club the same — hunker down, ride it out and hope for better days to come. Don't let it spoil the fun of coming on here and reading Clive's reports — we're all bearing witness to his nervous breakdown, he's going to need your support soon, too.

" the fun of coming on here"?????????????????!!!!!
I’ve had enough on 14:12 - Mar 18 with 3150 viewstraininvain

Fair play to the OP. Sad state of affairs when you’ve got fellow qpr fans on here telling others to ‘fcuk off’ and trying to apportion blame to supporters for no apparent reason aside from frustration after yet another loss.

We’re all feeling the pain at the moment and we all share common ground as supporters of this football club. Let’s try to remember this at 5pm if it’s another loss this afternoon.
I’ve had enough on 14:19 - Mar 18 with 3142 viewsR_from_afar

I’ve had enough on 15:31 - Mar 17 by Silverfoxqpr

All in hand RFA, we're going here mate:

https://www.astolatpub.co.uk/index

Haha nice one

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I’ve had enough on 15:10 - Mar 18 with 3075 viewsDylanP

This is definitely the worst season since the last crappy season. I've been going since 1973 and in all that time the club has won virtually nothing. At the moment we look absolutely hopeless. That is, without hope.

Who up front is going score?
Who is the midfield is going to control the pace?
Who in defense is going to dominate?

I so want Wild Thing to succeed as manager. But right now, I can't see it.

We just scrapped past a very poor Watford team on the backs of a really determined, high-energy, performance. if there is hope, it is that we will see some shitty teams who we might just be able to scrape past.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

I’ve had enough on 15:56 - Mar 18 with 3015 viewssimmo

Appreciate the sentiment from the OP, but interested to hear what you think players like Leon Balogun deserve? Not kicked a ball since Beale left and obviously not interested in doing so. A player we're paying and could really do with, deciding he isn't interested in playing for QPR any more - so literally stops.

I think you get what you tolerate, and we've been more than tolerant with this group of people.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

I’ve had enough on 16:53 - Mar 18 with 2920 viewspaulparker

Look forward to more head in the sand happy clapping threads to try and polish the turd of today’s performance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I’ve had enough on 17:22 - Mar 18 with 2863 viewsManinBlack

I’ve had enough on 13:35 - Mar 16 by TK1

I agree this is a very weak QPR team. May go down as a disastrously bad one if we don't win again. But it's still slightly better by any objective and factual measure than 1997-98, and quite a bit better than 1999-00.

For starters, it's already won 11 games.
In 97-98 they won ten all season, and that includes the final day 6-0 against Palace to stay up.
We were relegated in 99-00 with SEVEN wins all season. A truly disgraceful, disgusting team, a club about to enter administration and to all intents and purposes kaput.
And yet...a decade later we were promoted as champions back to the top league.
It's never as bad as it looks like it's gonna be (or arguably as good). Having witnessed - what? - five relegations, the worst bit is always the bit just before and just after it happens. The next season is always fine. It's like hitting a new decade. Nobody wants to be 50. But it's OK when you're there.

One important thing I have to disagree with, based purely on facts:

Vinnie Jones played nine games for QPR.
Mark Kennedy played eight.
Neil Ruddock played seven.
They were involved in two victories.
It was not a good time.

I agree with a lot of what you say but my point about Kennedy, Jones and Ruddock is that they are better than anything we have today as demonstrated this afternoon.

I know Pollock scored to help us stay up but I still believe we would have lost to Man City without the leadership and experience of those two in defence. We have nobody in the current squad with their fighting spirit.
I’ve had enough on 18:10 - Mar 18 with 2709 viewsmoson

Turns out it’s all Clive’s fault, for not being angry enough..

And I thought he was/is pretty pissed off
Login to get fewer ads

I’ve had enough on 19:49 - Mar 18 with 2528 viewsPunteR

I’ve had enough on 18:10 - Mar 18 by moson

You still here then mate?.
Good lad. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I’ve had enough on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 2461 viewsR_from_afar

I’ve had enough on 16:53 - Mar 18 by paulparker

Look forward to more head in the sand happy clapping threads to try and polish the turd of today’s performance

I honestly can’t remember seeing any such threads on here for some time

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I’ve had enough on 20:12 - Mar 18 with 2420 viewsPunteR

I’ve had enough on 20:10 - Mar 18 by R_from_afar

I honestly can’t remember seeing any such threads on here for some time

It's definitely on the wain.

I’ve had enough on 11:09 - Mar 19 with 2243 viewsR_from_afar

I’ve had enough on 20:12 - Mar 18 by PunteR

It's definitely on the wain.

Indeed. We had a takeaway from that brilliant Shahidas place you recommended again last night, that was a pleasant temporary distraction from all the woes of supporting Rangers.

Back on topic, I wonder if the reason why Ainsworth is tending to stick with the senior players regardless of their form is that in his managerial career to date, it has always been those types who have risen to the challenge when the pressure mounts. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to happening at the moment when it comes to some of the more experienced members of our squad.

I’ve had enough on 11:23 - Mar 19 with 2184 viewsSonofpugwash

Coach parties welcome.

http://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

I’ve had enough on 11:33 - Mar 19 with 2157 viewshubble

I've had enough of people saying they've had enough. I've even had enough of thinking I've had enough. Every time I think I've had enough, my hopes are infinitesimally raised, and then they're dashed again. And I've had enough of that too. In fact, I've had enough of having enough.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I’ve had enough on 16:57 - Mar 19 with 1955 viewsPunteR

I’ve had enough on 11:33 - Mar 19 by hubble

I've had enough of people saying they've had enough. I've even had enough of thinking I've had enough. Every time I think I've had enough, my hopes are infinitesimally raised, and then they're dashed again. And I've had enough of that too. In fact, I've had enough of having enough.

You peaked too early with your had enoughs by the sounds of it.
I had enough once then that enough wasn't enough so nowdays I try and pace out the had enough over a course of a season, starting in May.

I’ve had enough on 16:58 - Mar 19 with 1950 viewsPunteR

I’ve had enough on 11:09 - Mar 19 by R_from_afar

Indeed. We had a takeaway from that brilliant Shahidas place you recommended again last night, that was a pleasant temporary distraction from all the woes of supporting Rangers.

Back on topic, I wonder if the reason why Ainsworth is tending to stick with the senior players regardless of their form is that in his managerial career to date, it has always been those types who have risen to the challenge when the pressure mounts. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to happening at the moment when it comes to some of the more experienced members of our squad.

Good there innit. Getting one tonight funnily enough.

I’ve had enough on 22:58 - Mar 19 with 1862 viewshubble

I’ve had enough on 16:57 - Mar 19 by PunteR

You peaked too early with your had enoughs by the sounds of it.
I had enough once then that enough wasn't enough so nowdays I try and pace out the had enough over a course of a season, starting in May.

That made me laugh out loud!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I’ve had enough on 10:54 - Mar 20 with 1709 viewsessextaxiboy

I’ve had enough on 20:36 - Mar 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wish I had the discipline of R from Afar!

I recently had a road to Damascus moment regarding the ignore button. I’ve used it liberally and LfW is a much better place for me and I think I’ve become a much better and less obnoxious poster because the ability to reply without thinking has been taken away.

I’ve been battling people on here for years and I just realised that it’s not doing anyone any favours, least of all me, to play my part in a to and fro where nobody changes their mind and leaves the experience in a more negative state than when they entered.

I can’t do anything about what people say. I can however remove my knowledge of it.

Now it’s all about roast potatoes and a few chuckles at DannyPaddox photoshops. Can’t recommend it enough.

Maybe it says more about my lack of tolerance but needs must.

TBH you have helped to change my my mind on a few thing Baz .
I’ve had enough on 13:33 - Mar 20 with 1621 viewsTheChef

I’ve had enough on 07:45 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m just kidding mate.

Our Hamburg will come!

More likely, hamburgers.

Although knowing the catering staff at LR, even that is near impossible.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I’ve had enough on 16:35 - Mar 20 with 1518 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ve had enough on 13:33 - Mar 20 by TheChef

More likely, hamburgers.

Although knowing the catering staff at LR, even that is near impossible.

I’ll take it!
I’ve had enough on 16:42 - Mar 20 with 1500 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ve had enough on 10:54 - Mar 20 by essextaxiboy

TBH you have helped to change my my mind on a few thing Baz .

See you at the barricades comrade ☭

😆
I’ve had enough on 17:04 - Mar 20 with 1461 viewsessextaxiboy

I’ve had enough on 16:42 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

See you at the barricades comrade ☭

😆

You had to take it too far ...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 17:04]
I’ve had enough on 17:18 - Mar 20 with 1442 viewsthemodfather

the fans have been very loyal, overall supportive despite the onfield misery that unfolds in front of us.
who was the horse miles in front and fell at aintree? devon lock?
seems like that, we were joint top, flying high , running oppo ragged, world cup break and wallop, massive dip in form , one win in 20? games and yes the worry is there , comments made , talks with the "board" cos fans are very worried for our club.
walking to game v brum, walking down SAR there was no buzz, little to get fans singing in the ground, little on the pitch to show us there is a chance, hope and gumption in this "fragile" squad! who can explain the slump again? why ffs? we have had managers go mid season before and not fell apart so easily.
I’ve had enough on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 1307 viewsjoe90

I’ve had enough on 18:10 - Mar 18 by moson

I actually find this really interesting. This ‘George’ fella has to be the most generic Twitter football fan. It’s amazing people like this actually exist but they sadly do in large numbers. Articles have been written about these people. I don’t think I know anyone like this, it would be interesting to know if they’re as obnoxious in real life?

Anyway, would it be cheeky of me to ask Clive if I can use his staff discount to get one of those retro shirts from the club shop?
I’ve had enough on 22:21 - Mar 20 with 1299 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ve had enough on 22:16 - Mar 20 by joe90

I actually find this really interesting. This ‘George’ fella has to be the most generic Twitter football fan. It’s amazing people like this actually exist but they sadly do in large numbers. Articles have been written about these people. I don’t think I know anyone like this, it would be interesting to know if they’re as obnoxious in real life?

Anyway, would it be cheeky of me to ask Clive if I can use his staff discount to get one of those retro shirts from the club shop?

22 years old…

I know it’s tough being young nowadays but look at the anger and abuse in his Tweets. How grumpy is going to be when his back hurts every day and his Hampton stops working properly.

Enjoy your youth!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024