Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation Chances Slashed 11:27 - Apr 24 with 4833 viewssparkey

Our statistical chances of being relegated have gone from 46% to 3% after last weekend.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 11:40 - Apr 24 with 4720 viewsslmrstid

Where there's a will there's a way
Relegation Chances Slashed on 11:54 - Apr 24 with 4615 viewsdaveB

for the last 7/8 games it was only ever going to take 1 win to put us virtually safe, laughable that we made this so difficult.

This weekend is the key one now, get a point at Stoke and that should be us safe especially with other teams playing each other.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:13 - Apr 24 with 4517 viewsrobith

So you're saying there's a chance
Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:29 - Apr 24 with 4388 viewsRs_Holy

Relegation Chances Slashed on 11:54 - Apr 24 by daveB

for the last 7/8 games it was only ever going to take 1 win to put us virtually safe, laughable that we made this so difficult.

This weekend is the key one now, get a point at Stoke and that should be us safe especially with other teams playing each other.

indeed if Millwall can draw or better at Blackpool on Friday it eliminates Blackpool from catching us mathematically... If we screw up against Stoke on Saturday, Wigan could help us out with a win at Reading... (Its last chance saloon for Wigan).
Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:58 - Apr 24 with 4294 viewskensalriser

I think the 43% is the change from last week, so our chances of relegation have gone from around 5.25% to the current 3.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:00 - Apr 24 with 4263 viewssparkey

Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:58 - Apr 24 by kensalriser

I think the 43% is the change from last week, so our chances of relegation have gone from around 5.25% to the current 3.

Nah, gone from 46% to 3%.

Do you really think after the Norwich game, being one point above the drop, our chances were only 5%
Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:12 - Apr 24 with 4205 viewsSydneyRs

Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:00 - Apr 24 by sparkey

Do you really think after the Norwich game, being one point above the drop, our chances were only 5%

Especially as everyone would have had us down to lose at Burnley.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:15 - Apr 24 with 4178 viewsloftus77

Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:29 - Apr 24 by Rs_Holy

indeed if Millwall can draw or better at Blackpool on Friday it eliminates Blackpool from catching us mathematically... If we screw up against Stoke on Saturday, Wigan could help us out with a win at Reading... (Its last chance saloon for Wigan).

Yep - the more I think about it (too much...), the Blackpool v Millwall Friday night game is the key one for me (if we're in the game of needing help from others...).

As you say, if Millwall fail to lose , it 'takes Blackpool out' as far as we're concerned but, crucially, it would give Wigan ('perky' and in-form) a growing possibility of a great escape if they can go on to beat Reading on the Sat (which would be nice of them).

If Blackpool beat Millwall, they are still potentially a problem for us (gd) but their win would also surely snuff out any hope Wigan had before going to Reading on Sat. There would be too much for the Latics to do.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 13:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:56 - Apr 24 with 3989 viewsRunner14

After the home defeat to Millwall in February I thought we looked so poor that I took a look at the relegation odds & saw 33-1 with Sky so I had a £15 punt...so if the worst did happen at least I would get my ST paid for. Prior to the Saturday game I was offered cash out of £147.92 ! Post Burnley cash out now £11.07...so the bookies think relegation now unlikely.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 16:00 - Apr 24 with 3673 viewsHarbour

Do we think Reading will get a win at Huddersfield on the last day? Unlikely but then us winning at Burnley was a coupon buster. If Huddersfield need a result I can’t see Reading getting anything. Blackpool a concern I agree need Millwall to get a draw there as last game pool at Norwich you could see a win there. Hopefully we get at least a point at Stoke but given how up and down we have been that’s not certain.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 16:39 - Apr 24 with 3526 viewsBoston

Relegation Chances Slashed on 11:40 - Apr 24 by slmrstid

Where there's a will there's a way

erm, where there's a Martin there's a way.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Relegation Chances Slashed on 17:45 - Apr 24 with 3405 viewsHayesender

The most telling thing about all of this, if we manage to stay up, it'll only be because of points deductions

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Relegation Chances Slashed on 17:46 - Apr 24 with 3404 viewsPinnerPaul

8/1 6th favourites now
Relegation Chances Slashed on 19:52 - Apr 24 with 3289 viewskensalriser

Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:00 - Apr 24 by sparkey

I'm sure you're right as Huddersfield at one point above and a game in hand are currently at 28%. The way the stats are quoted are ambiguous though.

Still sceptical at the 3%, that's certainly not reflected in current bookies odds!

Relegation Chances Slashed on 20:07 - Apr 24 with 3223 viewsJuzzie

Relegation Chances Slashed on 17:45 - Apr 24 by Hayesender

The most telling thing about all of this, if we manage to stay up, it'll only be because of points deductions

We basically need to finish no lower than 19th or if we do finish 20th or 21st, then 7 points ahead of Reading and 4 ahead of Wigan to avoid that embarrassment.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 15:06]
Relegation Chances Slashed on 20:14 - Apr 24 with 3185 viewskensalriser

Who fancies this on an accumulator?

Rotherham v Cardiff D
Blackpool v Millwall H
Reading v Wigan H
Stoke v QPR H

Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:31 - Apr 25 with 2812 viewsBluce_Ree

Relegation Chances Slashed on 13:56 - Apr 24 by Runner14

After the home defeat to Millwall in February I thought we looked so poor that I took a look at the relegation odds & saw 33-1 with Sky so I had a £15 punt...so if the worst did happen at least I would get my ST paid for. Prior to the Saturday game I was offered cash out of £147.92 ! Post Burnley cash out now £11.07...so the bookies think relegation now unlikely.

I seriously thought about taking that bet at 33-1 as well but it would have been a whole thing signing up for a site and all that shite so I didn't and massively regretted it until we beat Burnley.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:48 - Apr 25 with 2719 viewsQPROslo

Relegation Chances Slashed on 20:14 - Apr 24 by kensalriser

Who fancies this on an accumulator?

Rotherham v Cardiff D
Blackpool v Millwall H
Reading v Wigan H
Stoke v QPR H

Not being a gambling man I don't fancy that at all.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:52 - Apr 25 with 2693 viewsrobith

Relegation Chances Slashed on 12:31 - Apr 25 by Bluce_Ree

I seriously thought about taking that bet at 33-1 as well but it would have been a whole thing signing up for a site and all that shite so I didn't and massively regretted it until we beat Burnley.

I took a tenner at 25s in February - the plan being if we went down it paid for the day for my squad to go on a bloodletting piss up
Relegation Chances Slashed on 19:37 - Apr 25 with 2273 viewsWestonsuperR

I nearly put a fair bit on us at 10’s, I know others that have us at 22’s.

3% chance is way off, we are more than capable of losing the last 2 which leaves Reading only needing 4pts and they play Wigan (h) and away to Hudd who may already be safe. Blackpool could catch us also. I’d say 20% a more accurate figure.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 22:58 - Apr 25 with 2041 viewskensalriser

Relegation Chances Slashed on 19:37 - Apr 25 by WestonsuperR

I nearly put a fair bit on us at 10’s, I know others that have us at 22’s.

3% chance is way off, we are more than capable of losing the last 2 which leaves Reading only needing 4pts and they play Wigan (h) and away to Hudd who may already be safe. Blackpool could catch us also. I’d say 20% a more accurate figure.

All true but three other teams who have been rubbish all season also need to get past us.

Relegation Chances Slashed on 02:11 - Apr 26 with 1923 viewsSydneyRs

Early in one of our previous second half of season collapses I got 150/1 on us going down. As the weeks went by it got closer and closer to happening before we got a win with 2 or 3 games left. I would have won around $9k Australian dollars if we'd gone.
Relegation Chances Slashed on 06:18 - Apr 26 with 1825 viewsLblock

The key game down here for me is Chef Utd v Hudds and it’s a real pisser that game in hand so late in season
Should Hudds lose that then they absolutely must beat Reading last game; win it and they could play out a draw IF Reading beat Wigan

I think Chef will already be mathematically up by the time this game comes around (although Lootown continually winning is helping); if so I’m sure they’ll do uncle Neil a favour in team selection and performance

However… as it has been all season – it’s in our hands so just win one more bloody game you bastards!!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024